Did it feel weird to shave your head for the first time?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by slipknot0129 (5484 posts) -

Did it feel weird to shave your head for the first time?

For me. I asked someone to shave my head. Then all the did was burr it. Then I was like I want it all off. Then they burred it shorter then I said no shorter. Then I found a razor and did it myself. It felt weird not having any hair. Feeling the air touch your bare skin on top of your head. Makes you head feel smaller.Feeling no hair as each time the razor took off the hair was the most weir feeling.

I grew my hair 10 inches long. I have a curvedreceding hairline. my front hair bunches up in curles then theres a gap between the front hair and the outer hair. Im thinking abou cutting it all off again. I hate how my front hair turned into one giant curle and has a mind of itsown to get in my way,it does not play with the outer hair.

#2 Posted by ShadowJax04 (3344 posts) -
haha, yeah...
#3 Posted by rawsavon (40002 posts) -
Did it last week with an electric trimmer for the first time (not a razor). I felt 'odd', but I like it. ...though I have been told that I look like a convict.
#4 Posted by Harisemo (4132 posts) -
ive never had my head shaven except when i was a kid
#5 Posted by slipknot0129 (5484 posts) -

Should I get a tattoo like this when I shave my head?tattoo

#6 Posted by PcGamingRig (7064 posts) -

yeah my head looked really small compared to my body :D

#7 Posted by mywalletsgone (1344 posts) -
Yes, I like to have a bit of length in my hair though. Actually, a lot of length.
#8 Posted by BranKetra (47527 posts) -

Yeah.

Did it last week with an electric trimmer for the first time (not a razor). I felt 'odd', but I like it. ...though I have been told that I look like a convict.rawsavon
I was told that I look like I should be in the military. I asked some other people and one said "It's nice." Later, I decided to grow it again, same person slipped in "but don't shave it again."

Heh.

#9 Posted by Deihjan (30213 posts) -
Never shaved my head, but shaved elsewhere where baldness is weird. Breezy :3
#11 Posted by GTbiking4life (490 posts) -

I had the barber shave my head once - it freaked my wife out when she saw it :lol:

#12 Posted by kittensRjerks (3802 posts) -

Yes, but it felt good. I shaved my head for charity when I was in High School. I had long hair down to my armpits, and for a fund raiser for kids with cancer I raised $600 and my hair was used to make wigs for kids with cancer. Having a bald head felt wierd but it felt good at the same time knowing I was helping someone out.

#13 Posted by TehFuneral (8019 posts) -

I dreamt I was bald once, I freaked out.

#14 Posted by MushroomWig (11637 posts) -
I Photoshopped myself with a shaved head, it wasn't pretty.
#15 Posted by no_more_fayth (11928 posts) -

I would never shave my head.

I don't feel like looking like a walking penis.

#16 Posted by rawsavon (40002 posts) -
I Photoshopped myself with a shaved head, it wasn't pretty.MushroomWig
you should post it here
#17 Posted by aransom (7408 posts) -

I found the weirdest thing to be how much harder it is to put on a shirt or hat because your head grips it like sand-paper.

#18 Posted by MushroomWig (11637 posts) -
[QUOTE="MushroomWig"]I Photoshopped myself with a shaved head, it wasn't pretty.rawsavon
you should post it here

Maybe if I was planning on leaving, but not until then. ;)
#19 Posted by rawsavon (40002 posts) -
[QUOTE="rawsavon"][QUOTE="MushroomWig"]I Photoshopped myself with a shaved head, it wasn't pretty.MushroomWig
you should post it here

Why? It is just a fake pic. Post the real thing for comparison
#20 Posted by MushroomWig (11637 posts) -
[QUOTE="MushroomWig"][QUOTE="rawsavon"] you should post it hererawsavon

No, it's disgusting, I wouldn't even let my girlfriend see.
#21 Posted by rawsavon (40002 posts) -
[QUOTE="rawsavon"][QUOTE="MushroomWig"] Maybe if I was planning on leaving, but not until then. ;)MushroomWig

No, it's disgusting, I wouldn't even let my girlfriend see.

weak sauce :x
#22 Posted by bobaban (10525 posts) -
I have thick dark long hair which tints red in the sun. Why on earth would I get rid of that?
#23 Posted by TheIndianChild (1731 posts) -
I've never shaved my head ... not planning to either ... :P
#24 Posted by Beard_ (1066 posts) -

I've done it once, and it was quite odd. After being so used to having hair it took a few days ot get used to.

#25 Posted by EJAXXX (46 posts) -
Yes it does cuz you feel everything hitting your head
#26 Posted by rawsavon (40002 posts) -

I've done it once, and it was quite odd. After being so used to having hair it took a few days ot get used to.

Beard_
I am still getting used to it TBH (been over a week)
#27 Posted by cell_dweller (19842 posts) -
The first time I did it, it really didn't feel weird, but it looked weird. Took me about a month to get used to not having any hair. Luckily, I still have the beard :P
#28 Posted by vadicta (4354 posts) -

Yeah, I guess it was kinda odd... Oh, SHAVED head. Read the title too quickly :P

I have hair that grows in three different shades naturally between blonde and dark brown. It's really great. I love my hair :oops:
I got pretty pissed the last time I went to get it cut and they just gave me a military buzz :x

#29 Posted by gamerguru100 (10403 posts) -

I haven't shaved my head, and I don't think I ever will.