Dexter Season Finale - Thoughts? *Spoilers*

• 89 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ShadowsDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 0

#1 ShadowsDemon
Member since 2012 • 10059 Posts

What did you guys think of the finale? I for one was really disappointed...

[spoiler] I understand Deb dying, but after all this, Dexter not going to S. America. Really? I'd like to image that he did in the end...but honestly, that was a pretty dumb move.

Also, how he got away with killing Saxon like that was beyond belief.

I knew it wouldn't be a happy ending, but that was a pretty $hit ending, to be frank. [/spoiler]

Thoughts?

ManInFlames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 ManInFlames
Member since 2013 • 434 Posts
No one cares about this garbage show, everyone was too busy watching BB.
SexyJazzCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 SexyJazzCat
Member since 2013 • 2796 Posts

[spoiler] I understand Deb dying, but after all this, Dexter not going to S. America. Really? I'd like to image that he did in the end...but honestly, that was a pretty dumb move.

I knew it wouldn't be a happy ending, but that was a pretty $hit ending, to be frank. [/spoiler]

Thoughts?

ShadowsDemon

It was clear that Debs death really changed him. The final nail in the coffin. He finally realized that his loved ones are better off without him.

Deb was my favorite character. Watching her on that bed made me in to a sad panda:cry:

ShadowsDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 ShadowsDemon

[QUOTE="ShadowsDemon"]

It was clear that Debs death really changed him. The final nail in the coffin. He finally realized that his loved ones are better off without him.

Deb was my favorite character. Watching her on that bed made me in to a sad panda:cry:

SexyJazzCat

[QUOTE="ShadowsDemon"]

Thoughts?

SexyJazzCat

Yeah, same. But death would have been better than being a vegetable.
lonewolf604

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 lonewolf604
Member since 2007 • 8747 Posts
I tried to watch it right after I watched Breaking Bad. No emotional connection what so ever. I basically skimmed the whole episode for the main plot points.....pretty lame.
tryagainlater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#6 tryagainlater
Member since 2005 • 7446 Posts

It wasn't good like the last four seasons. So sad it couldn't at least end well.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#7 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44551 Posts
I'd be disappointed if the show hadn't already gone to shit. Best thing to come out of that whole season was Masuka's daughter.
ShadowsDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ShadowsDemon
I tried to watch it right after I watched Breaking Bad. No emotional connection what so ever. I basically skimmed the whole episode for the main plot points.....pretty lame. lonewolf604
Yeah, after BB it was a downer.
nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 1

#9 nutcrackr
Member since 2004 • 13032 Posts
Garbage ending. Season 8 had been bad for a little while though. I did not hate season 7, I thought the big reveal changed and improved some aspects. But season 8 was just a mess for the second half. It tried to do a lot, but did very little. Little sub threads ended up going nowhere. The finale is just poorly conceived and those last 10 minutes are insulting to the fans.
ShadowsDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ShadowsDemon
Hey guys, here's a new theory: Remember when Deb and Dexter talked about climbing mountains and how there are mountains in South America? Now Dexter is a lumberjack...in a place that was unnamed. I seriously think that Dexter is now in Argentina with his family, but works as a lumberjack. The ending makes sense now....
Wolfetan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Wolfetan
Member since 2010 • 7522 Posts

It wasn't good like the last four seasons. So sad it couldn't at least end well.

tryagainlater
Its weird because the original producer quit after the 4th season, meaning that he did a lot for the show.
Iceozo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 Iceozo
Member since 2009 • 6441 Posts

He should've fvcking died. I could've overlooked a lot of bullshit if they had just killed him. I also like how the show through all logic out the window just to beat us over the head with symbolism. Good work.

sammyjenkis898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 sammyjenkis898
Member since 2007 • 28392 Posts
The S1-S4 showrunner gave his ending. [quote="Showrunner"]"In the very last scene of the series," Philips explained, "Dexter wakes up. And everybody is going to think, 'Oh, it was a dream.' And then the camera pulls back and back and back and then we realize, 'No, it's not a dream.' Dexter's opening his eyes and he's on the execution table at the Florida Penitentiary. They're just starting to administer the drugs and he looks out through the window to the observation gallery. "And in the gallery are all the people that Dexter killedincluding the Trinity Killer and the Ice Truck Killer (his brother Rudy), LaGuerta who he was responsible killing, Doakes who he's arguably responsible for, Rita, who he's arguably responsible for, Lila. All the big deaths, and also whoever the weekly episodic kills were. They are all there. "That's what I envisioned for the ending of Dexter. That everything we've seen over the past eight seasons has happened in the several seconds from the time they start Dexter's execution to the time they finish the execution and he dies. Literally, his life flashed before his eyes as he was about to die. I think it would have been a great, epic, very satisfying conclusion."

Still sucks ass.
AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#14 AFBrat77
Member since 2004 • 26848 Posts

Excelent finale......easily the best episode of this weak season and one of the better episodes since Season 4.

They could have cut out the final 5 minutes, but that didn't ruin it for me

SPOILER:

Now Dexter has evolved to become closer to being more human and less a monster. Perhaps now he can start his life again much more free and no longer driven or tied to others.

Feel bad for Harrison.

rocinante_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 rocinante_
Member since 2012 • 1772 Posts

wow...WTF was that crap? so he abandons his family because they kept getting hurt because of him? wasn't the whole point of going to argentina to start fresh, turn over a new leaf? yah, i'm sure harrison's gonna be much better off without his father...stupid, stupid, stupid

HybridPhoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 HybridPhoenix
Member since 2007 • 3598 Posts
He should have actually died, that was the only thing that would have fully redeemed it. Yes, he's living a miserable existence and you can see it, but the monster had to die.
ninjastar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 ninjastar
Member since 2003 • 9589 Posts

I hated Deb so I was happy on that point. It was the best episode of the season but thats not saying much. 

The ending was blah. He should have joined his family. 

AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 AFBrat77

Guess I was the only 1 who liked it haha.

Anyhow, I still agree that Dexter should have died, I think the final 5 minutes should have shown a teenage Harrison making an animal kill and looking up at the camera with a satisfied smile.

zeroyaoi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 zeroyaoi
Member since 2013 • 2472 Posts
It was okay, though for some reason I expected him to gut some random lumberjack. :P
zeroyaoi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 zeroyaoi
Member since 2013 • 2472 Posts
Also Dexter would be a great for Lumber Liquidators. :o
Venom_Raptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 124

#21 Venom_Raptor
Member since 2010 • 6959 Posts

It's not the season I wanted, nor the ending for that matter, but considering several episodes before the finale were pretty weak, I thought the series finale itself was quite good, and ended the show on a strong note even if it wasn't the best way. Dexter's mercy killing of Deb was unexpected, and I liked the fact she was his final victim. I was content with thinking he'd died after speeding into the storm, and initially disappointed with that final scene. But upon thinking about it, I'm more satisfied with the conclusion than I originally was. His self-imposed exile meant he was living the remainder of his life miserable and depressed, the ultimate punishment for the damage he'd caused to the people around him. But like I said, the season should have been completely different and should have followed-up immediately after last season's finale with a season-long manhunt for Dex.

AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 AFBrat77

Remember at the end of Season 4 how everyone couldn't wait for Season 5 as Dexter would no longer be chained down by Rita?

Wow, the show completely dropped the ball for the final 4 seasons, although as I said before, I like the finale, thought it harkened to better days for the show.

koospetoors

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#23 koospetoors
Member since 2004 • 3715 Posts
It was a pretty terrible ending, almost like they avoided going for a happy ending just for the sake of not being cliche, which really backfired if you ask me, since this is much worse than even the worst cliche ending imaginable. Sad that the series went out with a pitiful poof instead of a proper bang, but oh well.
Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#24 Ninja-Hippo
Member since 2008 • 23434 Posts
It was a long transition, but Dexter someone turned into one of the better shows on TV to one of the worst shows on the schedule. The final season was beyond terrible and the finale was a joke. Getting away with murder like it was a parking ticket. Arriving at the hospital at the exact same moment that Saxon does. Picking a body up and walking out of the hospital with it. It was cringe-worthy. And that ending? Awful. Had he actually killed himself it at least would have been bold, but to just leave him there in his log cabin looking really depressed? What a shitty way to end an 8-season show. "And in the end, Dexter is really sad. The End." Having him in the woods with a smile on his face back to the simple life of killing bad people would have been a really nice and obvious way to end it, rather than having him look like a miserable suicidal shut-in. It also looks really open to a future season.
MacBoomStick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 MacBoomStick
Member since 2011 • 1822 Posts

Remeber when Dexter was really amazing? I am getting nostalgic for it when watching the opening theme song. Something about the atmosphere the show had during the first four seasons has really been missing.

ShadowsDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 ShadowsDemon

wow...WTF was that crap? so he abandons his family because they kept getting hurt because of him? wasn't the whole point of going to argentina to start fresh, turn over a new leaf? yah, i'm sure harrison's gonna be much better off without his father...stupid, stupid, stupid

rocinante_
I think he did go to Argentina...remember the conversation Deb and Dex had about mountains in South America? Now Dex is on a mountain as a lumberjack..... I'd say the two are connected
rocinante_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 rocinante_

[QUOTE="rocinante_"]

ShadowsDemon

I think he did go to Argentina...remember the conversation Deb and Dex had about mountains in South America? Now Dex is on a mountain as a lumberjack..... I'd say the two are connected

that makes no sense tho, bc then wouldn't he be with hannah and harrison and happy, not looking like a depressed canadian?

rocinante_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 rocinante_

Getting away with murder like it was a parking ticket. Arriving at the hospital at the exact same moment that Saxon does. Picking a body up and walking out of the hospital with it.Ninja-Hippo

yah, those scenes were especially stupid. also the scene where saxon casually knocks out a guy in a busy parking lot, takes his car, and no one notices. i just lold at these parts, they were so bad

Samurai_Xavier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Samurai_Xavier
Member since 2003 • 4364 Posts

Just saw it. And wow. 

That is one of the worst finales I have ever seen. This show is up there with Heroes. It's that bad. 

Some problems just off the top of my head. 

[spoiler]

1. Dexter's plan to kill Saxon could have backfired in 100 different ways. How did he even know there was no audio in that interrogation room (BTW those rooms DO have audio in real life). 

2. I've said this for years, but those cops on Dexter are probably the worst, most incompetent police department in TV history. How could they just let Dexter go after stabbing a guy? Even on the security camera, it looked like Dexter obviously planned the whole thing, and it clearly looked like he went to the neck! Even if it were self-defense, Dexter clearly has a MOTIVE for killing Saxon. How could they simply let him go?

3. How convenient that Harrison "loves" Hannah, even though she its a woman he barely knows. Also, he doesn't seem to give a f*ck about Jamie, his nanny, who pretty much raised him since he was a baby. Dexter writers: DO ANY OF YOU ACTUALLY HAVE KIDS?!  (Or nieces, nephews, etc.) THAT IS NOT HOW THEY WORK. The writing for Harrison's character has been pathetic this entire season. 

4. No conclusions given to Masuka, Quinn, Batista, etc.

5. How the hell did Saxon cut that guy's tongue off right in front of a hospital full of people and nobody noticed? And why wouldn't the guy yell/point the guy that just cut his tongue off?! He was obviously still conscious, so he could have at least pointed! 

6. Debra dying felt extremely rushed and it felt like the writers were just reaching for any sort of excuse or reason to have a sad ending. 

7. Nobody builds a Hospital next to a beach. How convenient for Dexter though, he could just load Deb's body straight into his boat, and somehow nobody noticed.

8. Hurricanes don't just show up out of f*cking nowhere. It was sunny just a few hours earlier. Suddenly, there's a hurricane? Yet, the waters were extremely calm, even though there's a huge f*cking storm in the background. Dexter writers: EVER SEEN A HURRICANE ON THE NEWS? THERE'S HUGE F*CKING WAVES AND A SHITTON OF WIND!

9. BODIES FLOAT. DEB WOULDN'T HAVE SUNK. 

10. We get no reaction from any of the characters about Debra's dissapearance and from Dexter's apparent death (except a quick one from Batista, but hardly anything). So I guess thats when the writers pulled out their "Get out of jail free" Card and didn't bother with that. 

11. How could Dexter survive a hurricane? Oh, right, Get out of Jail Free. Thank you writers. 

12. The ending was just terrible. Like seriously, wtf was that? It was a big sh*tpile of nothing. There's more 100 problems and questions that are presented by that ending alone. 

[/spoiler]

And that was honestly all off the top of my head right after finishing the episode. How anyone can defend this finale is beyond me. 

Sorry for the long post, I needed to get that out of my system. 

Avatar image for deactivated-60e799a72eb68
deactivated-60e799a72eb68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 deactivated-60e799a72eb68
Member since 2008 • 1678 Posts

[QUOTE="rocinante_"]

ShadowsDemon

The lumberjack scene was in Astoria, Oregon. It's where all retired serial killers go.

yummifullz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 yummifullz
Member since 2012 • 119 Posts

[QUOTE="ShadowsDemon"][QUOTE="rocinante_"]

6_Dead_360s

The lumberjack scene was in Astoria, Oregon. It's where all retired serial killers go.

Lol, I'm watching the finale right now.  Came across alot of 'lumberjack' talk in comments on reviews of the episode.  My expectations are very low obviously.  If Dexter honestly becomes a lumberjack, I may as well stop watching right now.  I thought it was some kind of troll talk.  But if that shit is literal, I'm going to turn this off right now.  Sigh, at least Breaking Bad has been pretty exceptional so far.

bobbetybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#32 bobbetybob
Member since 2005 • 19370 Posts
[QUOTE="sammyjenkis898"]The S1-S4 showrunner gave his ending. [quote="Showrunner"]"In the very last scene of the series," Philips explained, "Dexter wakes up. And everybody is going to think, 'Oh, it was a dream.' And then the camera pulls back and back and back and then we realize, 'No, it's not a dream.' Dexter's opening his eyes and he's on the execution table at the Florida Penitentiary. They're just starting to administer the drugs and he looks out through the window to the observation gallery. "And in the gallery are all the people that Dexter killedincluding the Trinity Killer and the Ice Truck Killer (his brother Rudy), LaGuerta who he was responsible killing, Doakes who he's arguably responsible for, Rita, who he's arguably responsible for, Lila. All the big deaths, and also whoever the weekly episodic kills were. They are all there. "That's what I envisioned for the ending of Dexter. That everything we've seen over the past eight seasons has happened in the several seconds from the time they start Dexter's execution to the time they finish the execution and he dies. Literally, his life flashed before his eyes as he was about to die. I think it would have been a great, epic, very satisfying conclusion."

Still sucks ass.

Yeah that's like a generic fan-fiction ending. I would have liked it to have ended with Batista catching him somehow, basically just rewrite the entire final series and make something good out of it, no Hannah, no "Oh my emotions work now lol" no nothing. That's the problem with the show, Dexter never had to answer for his crimes except for the finale of season 4, even when Deb dies it still felt stupid because he caused it in the most ridiculous way.
KiIIyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 KiIIyou
Member since 2006 • 27204 Posts
=0 Was there gonna be another season?
NeverMore0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 NeverMore0
Member since 2003 • 1278 Posts
I'd be disappointed if the show hadn't already gone to shit. Best thing to come out of that whole season was Masuka's daughter.lamprey263
What he said. I was actually laughing at the end, it was so absurd. I mean I just can't believe that this season was how they thought they should end the series. But hey, at least we saw Niki topless.
THGarrett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#35 THGarrett
Member since 2003 • 2574 Posts

The ending was great...right up until they ruined it with Dexter somehow escaping a category 3 hurricane and becoming a lumberjack. :|

Samurai_Xavier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Samurai_Xavier
Member since 2003 • 4364 Posts

The ending was great...right up until they ruined it with Dexter somehow escaping a category 3 hurricane and becoming a lumberjack. :|

THGarrett

Writers pulled out their Get Out of Jail Free card.

sammyjenkis898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 sammyjenkis898
Member since 2007 • 28392 Posts

The Dexter producers defending the final season and series finale. They sound delusional. 

In a way thats his new code avoiding human contact.

BUCK: Yes. For us, thats the tragedy. The one thing we felt Dexter wanted more than anything was human connections. Even in the first season we see him trying to get with Rudy. Now that hes finally made that journey and hes almost poised to have a real human life, he has to give all that up to save Harrison and Hannah.

COLLETON: He went into an absolute shutdown. He no longer has even his voiceover.Quote:

Its also surprising that Miami Metro never realized Dexters secret. Everybody expected them to figure things out in the final season.

BUCK: We toyed with that idea, but it felt off-point. The story was ultimately about Dexters personal journey. We have one moment in that interrogation room with Quinn and Batista. Watching the tape, Quinn has known all along that there was more there to Dexter. Batista is seeing a hint of the darker Dexter. There was a hint in that moment. But we didnt want to blow it all up and revel hes a serial killer.Nuts

Wonder if they're watching the final 8 of Breaking Bad, which is doing the exact opposite.

ShadowsDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 ShadowsDemon

[QUOTE="ShadowsDemon"][QUOTE="rocinante_"]

6_Dead_360s

When did you hear that? Also, why would they make that connection unless there was a reason for it? Dexter isn't a show for filler and the like, so I doubt that conversation was pointless.
HybridPhoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 HybridPhoenix
Member since 2007 • 3598 Posts
[QUOTE="6_Dead_360s"]

[QUOTE="ShadowsDemon"] I think he did go to Argentina...remember the conversation Deb and Dex had about mountains in South America? Now Dex is on a mountain as a lumberjack..... I'd say the two are connected ShadowsDemon

When did you hear that? Also, why would they make that connection unless there was a reason for it? Dexter isn't a show for filler and the like, so I doubt that conversation was pointless.

Are you kidding? The show has been loaded with useless filler crap this season.
Avatar image for deactivated-60e799a72eb68
deactivated-60e799a72eb68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 deactivated-60e799a72eb68
Member since 2008 • 1678 Posts

When did you hear that? Also, why would they make that connection unless there was a reason for it? Dexter isn't a show for filler and the like, so I doubt that conversation was pointless. ShadowsDemon
Apparently someone recognized the area and buildings on the web. Unless they go for a season 9, I see no reason not to assume he's in oregon.

MuD3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 MuD3
Member since 2011 • 2192 Posts
it was horrible... just really really bad as all the last handful of episodes have been.
NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 NaveedLife
Member since 2010 • 17179 Posts

[QUOTE="ShadowsDemon"]When did you hear that? Also, why would they make that connection unless there was a reason for it? Dexter isn't a show for filler and the like, so I doubt that conversation was pointless. 6_Dead_360s

Apparently someone recognized the area and buildings on the web. Unless they go for a season 9, I see no reason not to assume he's in oregon.

My guess Was Alaska.  Super far from Argentina and from anything.

My thoughts on the final episode are mixed.  I won't lie though, I am dissapointed in the final season as a whole.  This was the best episode of the season, but it wasn't perfect and it had many unbelievable points.  

It is all kinda strange for me, since Dexter was my favorite show ever for years and while I liked breaking bad, I thought it was overrated.  But watching both final season, I found myself dissapointed with Dexter and absolutely floored with Breaking Bad.  BB's final season is possibly the best final season of any show I have seen.  Paul's (Pinkman) parts are downright horrific and hauntingly memorable.  

CoolSkAGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 CoolSkAGuy
Member since 2006 • 9665 Posts
Final felt more like a mid season episode lol
Chrypt22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#44 Chrypt22
Member since 2005 • 1387 Posts

It really didn't make a lot of sense.  The whole 'troubled past' thing I get... but abandoning his kid with her?  Kind of lame... Dexter is a lot of things, ditching his kid doesnt seem like one of them.

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 dave123321
Member since 2003 • 35553 Posts

[QUOTE="ShadowsDemon"]When did you hear that? Also, why would they make that connection unless there was a reason for it? Dexter isn't a show for filler and the like, so I doubt that conversation was pointless. 6_Dead_360s

Well the area where they shot the scene doesn't actually have to be the area where he is.
Spellingiscool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Spellingiscool
Member since 2010 • 1450 Posts

[QUOTE="sammyjenkis898"]The S1-S4 showrunner gave his ending. [quote="Showrunner"]"In the very last scene of the series," Philips explained, "Dexter wakes up. And everybody is going to think, 'Oh, it was a dream.' And then the camera pulls back and back and back and then we realize, 'No, it's not a dream.' Dexter's opening his eyes and he's on the execution table at the Florida Penitentiary. They're just starting to administer the drugs and he looks out through the window to the observation gallery. "And in the gallery are all the people that Dexter killedincluding the Trinity Killer and the Ice Truck Killer (his brother Rudy), LaGuerta who he was responsible killing, Doakes who he's arguably responsible for, Rita, who he's arguably responsible for, Lila. All the big deaths, and also whoever the weekly episodic kills were. They are all there. "That's what I envisioned for the ending of Dexter. That everything we've seen over the past eight seasons has happened in the several seconds from the time they start Dexter's execution to the time they finish the execution and he dies. Literally, his life flashed before his eyes as he was about to die. I think it would have been a great, epic, very satisfying conclusion."bobbetybob
Still sucks ass.

Yeah that's like a generic fan-fiction ending. I would have liked it to have ended with Batista catching him somehow, basically just rewrite the entire final series and make something good out of it, no Hannah, no "Oh my emotions work now lol" no nothing. That's the problem with the show, Dexter never had to answer for his crimes except for the finale of season 4, even when Deb dies it still felt stupid because he caused it in the most ridiculous way.

So let's hear your endings then.

The whole season was mediocre. The finale was no different.

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 dave123321
Season was such a wasted opportunity
dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 dave123321
Though the show for years has proven that it didn't care to face the consequences of what has transpired
scoots9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#49 scoots9
Member since 2006 • 3505 Posts

One of the worst episodes of anything I've ever seen.

m0zart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#50 m0zart
Member since 2003 • 11580 Posts

I thought maybe when I return to the US next week I'd go ahead and watch this season from start to finish, but after reading my buddy's comments on the finale, I realize I made the right decision to skip it.

I'll go ahead and include them.

[spoiler]

Nothing was consistent

I'm annoyed by the season's apologists

'deb couldn't live with being a killer anyway'

this season alone she killed some guy

and handed over at least two to dexter

and smiled about the last one

'hannah is the best thing for harrison'

hannah killed her husband

poisons ppl

poisoned dexter this season

him trusting his son to hannah, who kills when someone inconveniences her is stupid

this is what you get when you have several writers writing episodes, each one in response to the other

you get crap

[/spoiler]