Dexter Season 6- Are you getting into the story?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Theverydeepend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Theverydeepend
Member since 2008 • 520 Posts

Is anyone else struggling to get into this season of Dexter. I don't feel the suspense that I typically felt with the other seasons.

I have to say I am pretty disappointed.

Thoughts? Anyone else agree or disagree?

Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Pirate700
Member since 2008 • 46465 Posts

Definitely into the story. Not liking the severe lack of Dexter killing people though.

Theverydeepend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Theverydeepend

Definitely into the story. Not liking the severe lack of Dexter killing people though.

Pirate700

its been two episodes!! I think the premise of the story is interesting, but there isn't anything that makes me tune on the series this season other than the fact that its dexter. I need more thrills, we are like half way through the season.

Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Pirate700

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]

Theverydeepend

its been two episodes!! I think the premise of the story is interesting, but there isn't anything that makes me tune on the series this season other than the fact that its dexter. I need more thrills, we are like half way through the season.

Two episodes? You've missed a few.

Theverydeepend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Theverydeepend

[QUOTE="Theverydeepend"]

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]

Pirate700

Two episodes? You've missed a few.

Sorry, I meant that its been two episodes since he killed someone.
Diviniuz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#6 Diviniuz
Member since 2009 • 6460 Posts

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]

Theverydeepend

Don't quote me on this, but I think there is going to be a twist which will cause this season to shot off.

I think the professor has been dead for while, and that the professor is completely in travis' head making Travis straight insane. I have not seen any indication this season of anyone other than travis interacting and acknowledging the existance of the professor, making me think its another personality.

This is a long shot and I am probably wrong but one way or another things are really going to pick up. Dexter does not disappoint.

Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Pirate700

[QUOTE="Theverydeepend"]

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]

Diviniuz

Don't quote me on this, but I think there is going to be a twist which will cause this season to shot off.

I think the professor has been dead for while, and that the professor is completely in travis' head making Travis straight insane. I have not seen any indication this season of anyone other than travis interacting and acknowledging the existance of the professor, making me think its another personality.

This is a long shot and I am probably wrong but one way or another things are really going to pick up. Dexter does not disappoint.

While that would be cool, I don't think it's the case since the professor's face is on the newspapers and whatnot.

Diviniuz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Diviniuz

[QUOTE="Diviniuz"]

[QUOTE="Theverydeepend"] its been two episodes!! I think the premise of the story is interesting, but there isn't anything that makes me tune on the series this season other than the fact that its dexter. I need more thrills, we are like half way through the season.

Pirate700

While that would be cool, I don't think it's the case since the professor's face is on the newspapers and whatnot.

The professor is a real person but remember hes has been missing for a few years. Hes just the prime suspect which is why his face is plastered everywhere. He might have died or travis might of killed him. Travis might of developed a personality based off him. Travis probably doesn't know he insane.

Remember the episode when that girl he slept with died. He was completely torn up about it when the professor had her bound, but after she died, dexter saw travis outside, where he saw Travis looking all happy and enlightened. Completely different from what I expected Travis to feel. This might of been the dominant professor personality.

Not to mention! No one has interacted with the professor outside of travis yet. It doesn't seem like they even see him.

But Like I said I am completely speculating, I might be over thinking it.

Theverydeepend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Theverydeepend

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]

[QUOTE="Diviniuz"] Don't quote me on this, but I think there is going to be a twist which will cause this season to shot off.

Diviniuz

The professor is a real person but remember hes has been missing for a few years. Hes just the prime suspect which is why his face is plastered everywhere. He might have died or travis might of killed him. Travis might of developed a personality based off him. Travis probably doesn't know he insane.

Remember the episode when that girl he slept with died. He was completely torn up about it when the professor had her bound, but after she died, dexter saw travis outside, where he saw Travis looking all happy and enlightened. Completely different from what I expected Travis to feel. This might of been the dominant professor personality.

Not to mention! No one has interacted with the professor outside of travis yet. It doesn't seem like they even see him.

I think you just blew my mind. I am going to rerun some episodes lol

edit: you better not have ruined this twist for me Diviniuz!!!!!

Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Pirate700

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]

[QUOTE="Diviniuz"] Don't quote me on this, but I think there is going to be a twist which will cause this season to shot off.

Diviniuz

Well if you're right, thanks for ruining the season for everyone. :P

Theverydeepend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Theverydeepend

[QUOTE="Diviniuz"]

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]While that would be cool, I don't think it's the case since the professor's face is on the newspapers and whatnot.

Pirate700

Well if you're right, thanks for runing the season for everyone. :P

thats what I was just thinking. He better not be right! Although, I kind of hope hes right. How will Dexter kill the Dooms day killer when one of the personalities is innocent?

Oh god, I just got into this season. #%@% just got real.

cell_dweller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 cell_dweller  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 19867 Posts

Pirate700
I concur. I'm interested to see how Deb gets into things. In the books, she knows about Dexter the entire time. Could season 6 be where she finds out?!
Theverydeepend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Theverydeepend
[QUOTE="Pirate700"]

cell_dweller
I concur. I'm interested to see how Deb gets into things. In the books, she knows about Dexter the entire time. Could season 6 be where she finds out?!

I really thought it was going to happen in the end of season 5
Diviniuz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Diviniuz

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]

[QUOTE="Diviniuz"] The professor is a real person but remember hes has been missing for a few years. Hes just the prime suspect which is why his face is plastered everywhere. He might have died or travis might of killed him. Travis might of developed a personality based off him. Travis probably doesn't know he insane.

Theverydeepend

Well if you're right, thanks for runing the season for everyone. :P

thats what I was just thinking. He better not be right! Although, I kind of hope hes right. How will Dexter kill the Dooms day killer when one of the personalities is innocent?

Its probably just my paranoia and overthinking. Although I am curious to see if I am right (if I am actually finding subtleties the writers left or if its all in my head, maybe I am insane)
Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Pirate700

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]

cell_dweller

I wish she would already.

cell_dweller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 cell_dweller  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 19867 Posts
I really thought it was going to happen in the end of season 5Theverydeepend
Yea, I hear ya. Season 5 wasn't that great in my eyes. Of course, following up such a badass season like 4 was pretty hard.
I wish she would already.Pirate700
I can just hear the flow of obscenities coming from her when she finds out...
Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Pirate700

[QUOTE="Pirate700"] I wish she would already.cell_dweller
I can just hear the flow of obscenities coming from her when she finds out...

I'm actually starting to find it kind of annoying that she hasn't. It's always looming that she's going to find out and yet never does. It's like, just do it already!

Avatar image for 194197844077667059316682358889

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 194197844077667059316682358889
Member since 2003 • 49173 Posts
Yet another ham-fisted "Dexter explores the human condition" yarn; about 10-15 minutes into the season I was like "Oh, it's going to be all about faith and Dexter making observations that he can't have faith because he's bad and wrong, then thinking that he can, then finding that he doesn't need to"
Bluski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Bluski
Member since 2011 • 322 Posts
[QUOTE="Theverydeepend"]

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]Well if you're right, thanks for runing the season for everyone. :P

Diviniuz

Its probably just my paranoia and overthinking. Although I am curious to see if I am right (if I am actually finding subtleties the writers left or if its all in my head, maybe I am insane)

Wow I never looked at it that way. Spoiler: But last nights episode, when the professor and travis went out to kidnap a "whore", it could have been travis' own doing to run the car into the two people and not by the professor's hand. But then I remember the professor pops open the trunk after travis gets out of the car. So he may be present after all and not in travis' head. But that does sound like a good plot twist. I'm gonna have to check the episode again to clarify.
m0zart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#20 m0zart
Member since 2003 • 11580 Posts

That actor that plays Quinn has to be doing drugs irl. He's aged dramatically in the last few years. The only people I know who age that much that fast were addicts.

Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Pirate700

That actor that plays Quinn has to be doing drugs irl. He's aged dramatically in the last few years. The only people I know who age that much that fast were addicts.

m0zart

He usually looks like he's on something during the show so I'd believe it.

coolbeans90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 coolbeans90
Member since 2009 • 21305 Posts

Yet another ham-fisted "Dexter explores the human condition" yarn; about 10-15 minutes into the season I was like "Oh, it's going to be all about faith and Dexter making observations that he can't have faith because he's bad and wrong, then thinking that he can, then finding that he doesn't need to"xaos

It's kinda like all the other seasons.

Diviniuz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Diviniuz

[QUOTE="Diviniuz"][QUOTE="Theverydeepend"] thats what I was just thinking. He better not be right! Although, I kind of hope hes right. How will Dexter kill the Dooms day killer when one of the personalities is innocent?

Bluski

Wow I never looked at it that way. Spoiler: But last nights episode, when the professor and travis went out to kidnap a "whore", it could have been travis' own doing to run the car into the two people and not by the professor's hand. But then I remember the professor pops open the trunk after travis gets out of the car. So he may be present after all and not in travis' head. But that does sound like a good plot twist. I'm gonna have to check the episode again to clarify.

Yeah, I might be completely wrong. But then I wonder what caused Prof to go from a man sleeping with tons of young teaching assistants to a "whore" hater. Maybe hes dying or has a brain tumor but that seems too cliche for dexter.

Edit: Just rewatched that part of the episode. Travis pops the trunk before he leaves the car. My theory is still alive.

m0zart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 m0zart

Yeah, I might be completely wrong. But then I wonder what caused Prof to go from a man sleeping with tons of young teaching assistants to a "whore" hater. Maybe hes dying or has a brain tumor but that seems too cliche for dexter.

Edit: Just rewatched that part of the episode. Travis pops the trunk before he leaves the car. My theory is still alive.Diviniuz

You took the words out of my mouth. I just watched the shows yesterday... I was way behind on Dexter. But the last/most recent episode put that exact idea into my head.... especially when....

[spoiler] ... the former student said that he liked brunettes. It's possible that Travis may have been one of those brunettes he took a fancy to. I also had to go back and watch that episode with the victim that ended disembodied with a mannequin on one of the horses. After he repents and the Professor says "He's ready"... it really felt as if the victim didn't really see the Professor at all. At best, he could have been hearing both voices coming out of the same mouth. [/spoiler]

Avatar image for deactivated-5e836a855beb2
deactivated-5e836a855beb2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 deactivated-5e836a855beb2
Member since 2005 • 95573 Posts
after last season i'm not sure i care to continue with dexter
m0zart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 m0zart

after last season i'm not sure i care to continue with dexterJandurin

I didn't watch last season much. But this one is turning out to be good.

Diviniuz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Diviniuz

[QUOTE="Diviniuz"]Yeah, I might be completely wrong. But then I wonder what caused Prof to go from a man sleeping with tons of young teaching assistants to a "whore" hater. Maybe hes dying or has a brain tumor but that seems too cliche for dexter.

Edit: Just rewatched that part of the episode. Travis pops the trunk before he leaves the car. My theory is still alive.m0zart

You took the words out of my mouth. I just watched the shows yesterday... I was way behind on Dexter. But the last/most recent episode put that exact idea into my head.... especially when....

Yeah, I think we might be on to the twist, but who knows.

after last season i'm not sure i care to continue with dexterJandurin
last season was my least favorite season, this season isn't much better tbh

Badosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#28 Badosh
Member since 2011 • 12774 Posts
I'm getting into the story, it's certainly better than Season 5, that's for sure. too bad Dex is killing as much as i'd like, but hey can't complain that much. Mos Def's character is fairly good too, even though I thought it'd be terrible.
mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts
idk how i feel about the story. anyone else think that geller is fake?
Penguinchow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#30 Penguinchow
Member since 2006 • 1629 Posts
idk how i feel about the story. anyone else think that geller is fake? mems_1224
IMO its obviously a fight club-esque scenario. Except Gellar was once a real person. Nobody EVER interacts with him except Travis.
Diviniuz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Diviniuz
[QUOTE="mems_1224"]idk how i feel about the story. anyone else think that geller is fake? Penguinchow
IMO its obviously a fight club-esque scenario. Except Gellar was once a real person. Nobody EVER interacts with him except Travis.

Yeah at least its going to make the series interesting. Can dexter kill someone, when one of his personalities is innocent.
JC346

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#32 JC346
Member since 2007 • 4886 Posts

Diviniuz

I was thinking about this and I was just about to say you're a genius, but then I thought about the part where [spoiler] Travis gets out of bed to find the girl tied up with the professor standing next to her tied up body. If Travis just got out of bed, then how was she tied up? Unless of course he tied her up before he went to bed, which is definitely a possibility but I doubt it. [/spoiler]

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#33 Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

i agree, so far this season has not been as good as previous ones. and i love the show but so far nothing interesting is happening

CoolSkAGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 CoolSkAGuy
Member since 2006 • 9665 Posts
Yes I love the Mos Def Character. I think he is why I'm enjoying this season so much.
m0zart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 m0zart

Yes I love the Mos Def Character. I think he is why I'm enjoying this season so much.CoolSkAGuy

:(

JC346

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#36 JC346
Member since 2007 • 4886 Posts

[QUOTE="CoolSkAGuy"]Yes I love the Mos Def Character. I think he is why I'm enjoying this season so much.m0zart

:(

Haha I was thinking the same thing.
Theverydeepend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Theverydeepend
Yes I love the Mos Def Character. I think he is why I'm enjoying this season so much.CoolSkAGuy
people like that are whats right with religion. Unfortunately then you get the insane fundamentalists.
cee1gee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 cee1gee
Member since 2008 • 2042 Posts

i see alot of people think gellars not alive, compare him to harry.....way different, gellar is involved in alot of physical work, harry just talks to dex

nintendo_ds_06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 nintendo_ds_06
Member since 2006 • 2657 Posts

[QUOTE="Jandurin"]after last season i'm not sure i care to continue with dexterm0zart

I didn't watch last season much. But this one is turning out to be good.

You didn't miss much, season 5 was painful to watch at times especially after watching season 4 but season 6 is shaping up to be one of my favourites.
linkin_guy109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#40 linkin_guy109
Member since 2005 • 8864 Posts

[QUOTE="Diviniuz"]

[QUOTE="Theverydeepend"] its been two episodes!! I think the premise of the story is interesting, but there isn't anything that makes me tune on the series this season other than the fact that its dexter. I need more thrills, we are like half way through the season.

Pirate700

just because he did exist at one point doesnt mean that hes still alive, an episode of criminal minds pulled the same thing with split personalities actually, but ign had some really valid points about why travis may have a split personality, theyre pretty confident on that actually
m0zart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 m0zart

I was thinking about this and I was just about to say you're a genius, but then I thought about the part where [spoiler] Travis gets out of bed to find the girl tied up with the professor standing next to her tied up body. If Travis just got out of bed, then how was she tied up? Unless of course he tied her up before he went to bed, which is definitely a possibility but I doubt it. [/spoiler] JC346
I don't think that says as much about it as you think. I rewatched that episode just to see if you were on to something, and here's what I noticed: [spoiler] (1) In the restaurant when Travis is showing interest in the waitress who ends up being his victim and is being chided about it by the Professor, she never ONCE looks at the Professor or acknowledges him in any way. Even when she returns to the table and asks Travis if he needs anything else, she doesn't look at the Professor OR ask him if he also needs something. (2) When the girl is all tied up in the kitchen, she looks at ONLY Travis the whole time. Even when the Professor starts touching her hair, she doesn't look at him or acknowledge him in any way. Every reaction she has is focused on Travis. Also... when the professor touches her hair, he doesn't seem to move it at all. [/spoiler]

Avatar image for 194197844077667059316682358889

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 194197844077667059316682358889
Member since 2003 • 49173 Posts
[QUOTE="JC346"]I was thinking about this and I was just about to say you're a genius, but then I thought about the part where [spoiler] Travis gets out of bed to find the girl tied up with the professor standing next to her tied up body. If Travis just got out of bed, then how was she tied up? Unless of course he tied her up before he went to bed, which is definitely a possibility but I doubt it. [/spoiler] m0zart
I don't think that says as much about it as you think. I rewatched that episode just to see if you were on to something, and here's what I noticed: [spoiler] (1) In the restaurant when Travis is showing interest in the waitress who ends up being his victim and is being chided about it by the Professor, she never ONCE looks at the Professor or acknowledges him in any way. Even when she returns to the table and asks Travis if he needs anything else, she doesn't look at the Professor OR ask him if he also needs something. (2) When the girl is all tied up in the kitchen, she looks at ONLY Travis the whole time. Even when the Professor starts touching her hair, she doesn't look at him or acknowledge him in any way. Every reaction she has is focused on Travis. Also... when the professor touches her hair, he doesn't seem to move it at all. [/spoiler]

I actually noticed that when I watched the episode but didn't make the connection that so many others here did; seems obvious in hindsight and giving him a whole parallel to Dexter seems to make a lot of sense from a storytelling perspective
AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#43 AFBrat77
Member since 2004 • 26848 Posts

Yes, first 3 episodes were meh, but last 3 have been excellent