This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
Member since 2005 • 7914 Posts

Would you have a test tube baby? I would.

Let's mix DNA and make little monsters!

Healthline.com > one of many stories on designer babies. The future is here.

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 theone86
Member since 2003 • 22669 Posts

Would I have a test tube baby as in would I mix my seed with an egg and have it implanted in a uterus? Yes I would, if that was the only way for the woman to get pregnant. Would I pre-select certain genetic traits for the child? Hell no, I saw Gattaca. Ethan Hawke said it, it must be true!

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44555 Posts

great, let's make some genius babies that live a long time, so they may heal our society, we have to many moronic religious yokels ruining things

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50550 Posts

@lamprey263 said:

great, let's make some genius babies that live a long time, so they may heal our society, we have to many moronic religious yokels ruining things

Idiot.

Open-Casket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5 Open-Casket
Member since 2014 • 72 Posts

If it will create Master Chief maybe. Better yet, Master Chef...

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38675 Posts

i have no doubt this the way the world is heading.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#7 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

Only to the extent of curing disease and genetic issues.

undergroundLPx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 undergroundLPx
Member since 2003 • 710 Posts

@foxhound_fox said:

Only to the extent of curing disease and genetic issues.

This.

But there is always the intrigue and interest to see how a natural baby of yours would look like. It just feels like the right process to let it be organic.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

We've all seen gattaca right? this can't lead anywhere good

whipassmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#10 whipassmt
Member since 2007 • 15375 Posts

@lostrib said:

I haven't, but according to Wikipedia the storyline in Power Rangers: Time Force bears similarities to Gattaca. By the year 3000, people are having designer babies, and the bad genetic material is discarded. Somehow the bad genes spill out of their storage and become mutants, the villains of the series. The mutants are discriminated against, and they become led by a mutant named Ransik who is particularly powerful and has been treated very cruelly by people. Ransik leads the mutants in a race war against the people. After being arrested Ransik is rescued and escapes into a time machine and goes to 2001.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@whipassmt said:

@lostrib said:

I haven't, but according to Wikipedia the storyline in Power Rangers: Time Force bears similarities to Gattaca. By the year 3000, people are having designer babies, and the bad genetic material is discarded. Somehow the bad genes spill out of their storage and become mutants, the villains of the series. The mutants are discriminated against, and they become led by a mutant named Ransik who is particularly powerful and has been treated very cruelly by people. Ransik leads the mutants in a race war against the people. After being arrested Ransik is rescued and escapes into a time machine and goes to 2001.

wtf, when did Power Rangers get all serious.

Yeah, Gattaca is basically about the creation of genetically perfect babies, resulting in a class system where those created by natural means are lower class, and restricted to certain jobs such as janitorial services.

whipassmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#12 whipassmt
Member since 2007 • 15375 Posts

@lostrib said:

@whipassmt said:

@lostrib said:

wtf, when did Power Rangers get all serious.

Yeah, Gattaca is basically about the creation of genetically perfect babies, resulting in a class system where those created by natural means are lower class, and restricted to certain jobs such as janitorial services.

What I mentioned above is basically the back story, most of Time Force focuses on the year 2001 which Ransik traveled to and the Power Rangers went back to that year to pursue him (minus the Red Ranger who supposedly died in 3000 and was replaced in 2001 by a guy that looks just like him - I think he was supposed to be an ancestor of him). As for your question, maybe Power Ranger got "all serious" in the late '90s. Power Rangers in Space (1998) had a storyline where the Red Ranger's sister was kidnapped when they were children while the two of them were playing ball and brainwashed into becoming the "main" villain (main in terms of attention, she's not really the top villain in the organization though - Dark Specter is - she seems to be locked into a rivalry for who should be second in command. Her main rival is Divatox, though Darkonda - the guy who kidnapped her - has secret plans of his own to become the top villain). In the next season, Power Rangers Lost Galaxy, the main villain (Trakeena) had bombs strapped to her minions to use them as suicide bombers in the last two episodes.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#13 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

I doubt it.