Dear Mods: deleting my rant won't make the new site suck any less

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Posted by Zakule (61 posts) -

Now that I think about it, I think it was 1999 when I started following Gamespot regularly. Unfortunately, those days are over now.

Who thought it was a good idea to do this? It's like they all got together in a room and the boss said "okay, so I know we have this very useful, landmark site with nearly two decades of gaming history but I think it's time we take a huge shit on the whole thing. What would be the best way to go about doing that?!"

So much of what made this site great is gone. Why the fuck would they delete old reviews? Why would anyone think that was a good idea?!! It's so hopelessly moronic that I'm worried if I think about it too much longer I'll end up being as stupid as the "engineers" who thought this travesty was an improvement.

What's truly amazing about it, though, is that we're now three months out from the launch and yet nobody at Gamespot with any clout has pulled their head out of their ass long enough to realize this was a mistake?!!

#1 Posted by thegerg (14383 posts) -

Stop whining.

#2 Posted by Zakule (61 posts) -

@thegerg said:

Stop whining.

So, you like the new site then? My apologies; I wasn't trying to offend you and the other two people that actually like this shit.

#3 Posted by Hallenbeck77 (14258 posts) -

It's been over a few months now...those who weren't happy with the changes have either made peace with them or have moved on to greener pastures. If you're that unhappy with the site--I'm assuming that's the case given the title of your previous post--then there is nothing that's keeping you here.