Dave asks you, the GS forumer, Is it weird that....

This topic is locked from further discussion.

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 dave123321
Member since 2003 • 35553 Posts

I do not listen to music.

So I do not really listen to music at all. Is that strange and why?

I have never really listened to music and have not bought any musical cd or anything of that nature.

The only time I actually listen to music is when I drive and when it is part of tv or movie , games , etc.

My knowledge of the music community or what ever is pretty much nonexistent. Anyone else this way?

Discuss.

AtrumRegina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 AtrumRegina
Member since 2008 • 1584 Posts
I knew a person like that . He was deaf.
Dark_Knight6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Dark_Knight6
Member since 2006 • 16619 Posts
No, it's just not your thing. By the way, awesome sig and avatar. A Scanner Darkly was amazing.
Niff_T

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Niff_T
Member since 2007 • 6052 Posts

Nah, I used to be like that.

The only music I would listen to is the stuff that happened to be on when I woke up to my alarm clock...

vlin1108

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 vlin1108
Member since 2007 • 1908 Posts
I very rarely listen to music myself.
DigitalExile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 DigitalExile
Member since 2008 • 16046 Posts
It's unusual, but I wouldn't say weird in the sense that it is "wrong".
Legolas_Katarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 1

#7 Legolas_Katarn
Member since 2003 • 15556 Posts
If my parents and sister didn't play the radio I would almost never listen to music except for Journey, classical, and things from TV shows or movies. I know nothing about current bands, and I don't care.
black_cat19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 black_cat19
Member since 2006 • 8212 Posts
I think it's extremely weird (then again, I'm a musician), how old are you?
andyboiii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 andyboiii
Member since 2006 • 13628 Posts

so do you just listen to talk radio while driving? I listen to NPR sometimes, but I also have a ipod in my car because most of the stations suck imo

wrlyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 wrlyy
Member since 2006 • 7632 Posts
You might want to invest in a soul.
Nerd_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Nerd_Man
Member since 2007 • 13819 Posts
It is weird... You don't know what you're missing in life then if you're a music virgin and never had a "groove" of some sort... I would suggest finding what music genre(s) interest you, and then exploring what kinds of songs there are.
dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 dave123321

so do you just listen to talk radio while driving?

andyboiii

Well , I listen to the radio when driving , but it is more of a reason to have noise in the background , rather then silence.

GodLovesDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#13 GodLovesDead
Member since 2007 • 9755 Posts
All I do is listen to music. I probably listen to music atleast 12 hours a day.
dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 dave123321

I think it's extremely weird (then again, I'm a musician), how old are you?black_cat19

I am 21.

You might want to invest in a soul.wrlyy

Perhaps.

Bloodbath_87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 Bloodbath_87
Member since 2008 • 7586 Posts
I guess it's strange since most people do listen to music. If you're not into it, you can't really change that though.
LastRebelKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 LastRebelKing
Member since 2008 • 662 Posts
To every person his own so I do not find that wierd.
black_cat19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 black_cat19

[QUOTE="black_cat19"]I think it's extremely weird (then again, I'm a musician), how old are you?dave123321

I am 21.

Is there anything at all that moves you, fills you, etc.?

Avatar image for NecroKvltMuffin
NecroKvltMuffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 NecroKvltMuffin
Member since 2007 • 9334 Posts
Don't start now. You'll just develop an addiction.
Hungry_bunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Hungry_bunny
Member since 2006 • 14293 Posts

"Normal" is a term that describes the majority... this is a bit strange. I listen to melodies I like every day, some of them I found by hearing them in a movie, TV, youtube or somewhere else, then I took a mental note of it.

If you are interested in trying to work your way into the musical community then you could start slowly by keeping track of songs that you think sound pleasant... if there are any...

nickyb628

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#20 nickyb628
Member since 2005 • 10303 Posts
That seems kind of boring. How old are you?
quiglythegreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 quiglythegreat
Member since 2006 • 16886 Posts
I think music is a pretty cool guy, but he does afraid of some things, so it's cool.
Cube_of_MooN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#22 Cube_of_MooN
Member since 2005 • 9286 Posts
I was actually like that until about6 months ago. I recommend finding a few songs you like and seeing if you like any other songs by that artist. Then branch out from there to other artists that make music of that type. And no, I do not think it is weird that you do not listen to music. :P
_LiquidFlame_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#23 _LiquidFlame_
Member since 2007 • 13736 Posts
Sort of, but I know people just like you. :) It's fine.
dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 dave123321
Hmm... I will try y'alls suggestions.
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 LJS9502_basic  Online
Member since 2003 • 178855 Posts
I can't relate to that at all. I have music on a good majority of the time.
chester706

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 chester706
Member since 2007 • 3856 Posts
I love rock and I play guitar. So it seems strange to me cause it would kill me not to have my classic rock but whatever floats your boat.
Omega_Zero69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Omega_Zero69
Member since 2006 • 13668 Posts

i was like that until middle school and for some reason i changed

but no its not wierd its somewhat normal alot of people dont like things that are supposed to be liked

vlin1108

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 vlin1108

For a Dave, it is not uncommon. Dave's have been proven to be quite apathic towards many subjects that provide some form of escapism, a breef moment without thinking about the daily concerns of life. Upon further observation of the Dave, I have come to the conclusion that they are quite cynical and nihilistic.

Dave's are considered normal people, who do not display any interest whatsoever in enjoying themselves. It has been scientifically proven that most Dave's do not have sex until they are over the age of 20. Dave's realise they have to perform their daily duties, to keep the machine going and so on, but they also lack the will to accomplish anything out of the ordinary. Because of that, Dave's are ideal for working in such mundane places as Mcdonald's, Burger King, Pizza Hut, tooth paste or glue factories. It is also not uncommon to see them working there forever.

The more advanced Dave that performs well in his studies gets to have an office job from where he surfs humorous websites because he is bored. Speaking of office jobs, Dave's also have an affinity for ties and formal outfits. All Dave's mostly wear the same formal suits; the only noticeable difference being the tie. Which leads Dave to a difficult decision:''Should I wear the outgoing one with the stripes, or the red one?'' His decision is obvious most of the time.

Due to the Dave's submissiveness to mundane tasks, uniformization, indiference and completely nihilistic view on life, his kind is the perfect specimen to participate in kolkhoz; the Dave is somewhat of a... smurf.

Premier1101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Premier1101
Member since 2008 • 13515 Posts

lol. dave my man, I was just like you. Then I started actually watching/listening to the radio to find out what I like. I started to develop a taste for quiet piano rock. Then Guitar Hero came around and REALLY opened my ears for music. Ever since then I have developed a love for my favorite genres, heavy metal and alternative piano rock. All I can suggest is listen to genre mixes(aka GH) and find out what you like listening to. Lots of people relate to music through instruments or singing. I relate it to playing guitar and piano.

Basically just go out and listen to different music. It took me 2 years to refine what I like listening to and find bands I like.

chief_527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 chief_527
Member since 2003 • 1121 Posts
Hey Man!! We are not, your psychiatrist. Go get on somebody else's couch :P but yeah dude, it is weird that you don't listen to music. Listen to some Amadeus or Ludwig Van, you'll know music then.
black_cat19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 black_cat19
I also find it kind of weird (although I think I'm the weird one here) that so many of you guys "just recently" got into music, I've been listening to music and I have owned CD's pretty much my entire life, ever since I was 4-5, I used to love pop back then. :P
chief_527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 chief_527
Member since 2003 • 1121 Posts

For a Dave, it is not uncommon. Dave's have been proven to be quite apathic towards many subjects that provide some form of escapism, a breef moment without thinking about the daily concerns of life. Upon further observation of the Dave, I have come to the conclusion that they are quite cynical and nihilistic.

Dave's are considered normal people, who do not display any interest whatsoever in enjoying themselves. It has been scientifically proven that most Dave's do not have sex until they are over the age of 20. Dave's realise they have to perform their daily duties, to keep the machine going and so on, but they also lack the will to accomplish anything out of the ordinary. Because of that, Dave's are ideal for working in such mundane places as Mcdonald's, Burger King, Pizza Hut, tooth paste or glue factories. It is also not uncommon to see them working there forever.

The more advanced Dave that performs well in his studies gets to have an office job from where he surfs humorous websites because he is bored. Speaking of office jobs, Dave's also have an affinity for ties and formal outfits. All Dave's mostly wear the same formal suits; the only noticeable difference being the tie. Which leads Dave to a difficult decision:''Should I wear the outgoing one with the stripes, or the red one?'' His decision is obvious most of the time.

Due to the Dave's submissiveness to mundane tasks, uniformization, indiference and completely nihilistic view on life, his kind is the perfect specimen to participate in kolkhoz; the Dave is somewhat of a... smurf.

vlin1108

This has been the biggest waste of time i have ever seen in this website.....

vlin1108

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 vlin1108
[QUOTE="vlin1108"]

chief_527

This has been the biggest waste of time i have ever seen in this website.....

I think you might be a Dave and not even know it.