Teubrinquedo12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Teubrinquedo12
Member since 2015 • 50 Posts

I was watching an Anime (SAO,) and protagonist's sister is in love with him. They call each other "brother/sister," but both know each are cousins. Anyway, how do people feel about this here (U.S.A?) Other places welcome to input; I say U.S.A particularly because I live here. My Brasilian cousins interdate like crazy, and I hear it's quite common in Brasil. Personally, I see nothing wrong with it; maybe because I'm old fashioned. You?

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

I would not do it and would frown upon but if other consenting adults wanna do it be my guest.

RichieTickles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3 RichieTickles
Member since 2014 • 424 Posts

So long as they're not gay/lesbian cousins I see nothing wrong here. A little unconventional in the modern Western world, but not unheard of in other countries or in history.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 SOedipus  Online
Member since 2006 • 14801 Posts

Cousins? No! Mothers?...hmmm

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Master_Live

@richietickles said:

So long as they're not gay/lesbian cousins I see nothing wrong here.

And why would you see something wrong if they were gay/lesbian cousins and "see nothing wrong" otherwise?

RichieTickles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 RichieTickles

@Master_Live said:
@richietickles said:

And why would you see something wrong if they were gay/lesbian cousins and "see nothing wrong" otherwise?

Because some things are not up for debate.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

as long as she's hot, even sister is fine.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@richietickles said:
@Master_Live said:
@richietickles said:

Because some things are not up for debate.

what would that be?

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 13

#9 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

@richietickles: This just in, cousin-lover richietickles says gays and lesbians have no place in this world, so it must be true!

It's fun to walk around and act like people should all adhere to what I think is right. Shit, if I could make the world the way I'd want it to be, I'd get rid of everyone else and be the last person on this planet. ...Along with tons of horny bisexual women, huzzah!

dylandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#10 dylandr
Member since 2015 • 4940 Posts

@teubrinquedo12: ehhhh, not a fan of incest but whatever floats your boat i gues...

deeliman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 deeliman
Member since 2013 • 4027 Posts

@Ovirew said:

@richietickles: This just in, cousin-lover richietickles says gays and lesbians have no place in this world, so it must be true!

It's fun to walk around and act like people should all adhere to what I think is right. Shit, if I could make the world the way I'd want it to be, I'd get rid of everyone else and be the last person on this planet. ...Along with tons of horny bisexual women, huzzah!

But then the women would just end up fucking each other instead of you.

RichieTickles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By RichieTickles

@Ovirew said:

Where exactly did I say that homosexuals had no place in the world? I said that I disapproved of homosexual cousin dating, not homosexual dating.

k--m--k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#13 k--m--k
Member since 2007 • 2799 Posts

Cousins dating is fine almost everywhere but the US

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

@richietickles: nah, still stupid. Lol.

@deeliman That is the risk I'm willing to take! ...And either way, I will still feel some sense of success.

dylandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 dylandr

@deeliman said:
@Ovirew said:

But is it really a loss if they let you watch?

RichieTickles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 RichieTickles

@Ovirew:

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

@richietickles:

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Master_Live

@dylandr said:
@deeliman said:
@Ovirew said:

It can be so good.

dylandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 dylandr

@Master_Live: You get what i meant, hehehe

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By MrGeezer
Member since 2002 • 59765 Posts

@teubrinquedo12 said:

I was watching an Anime (SAO,) and protagonist's sister is in love with him. They call each other "brother/sister," but both know each are cousins. Anyway, how do people feel about this here (U.S.A?) Other places welcome to input; I say U.S.A particularly because I live here. My Brasilian cousins interdate like crazy, and I hear it's quite common in Brasil. Personally, I see nothing wrong with it; maybe because I'm old fashioned. You?

Depends on how well you know the person. Like, if you know your cousin well enough to call him/her "brother/sister", THAT'S pretty weird. the fact that you think of him/her as a brother/sister means that banging him/her would emotionally be the same as banging your brother/sister rather than banging your cousin.

But like, I'm not close to my extended family. I have a few cousins who I rarely meet. And on the few occasions we've met, there've been a couple of cousins who I've thought, "man...if there was some socially acceptable way to hint at it, I would DEFINITELY try to bang this cousin."

And in that sense, it's okay. I mean, it's not like we know each other. We maybe see each other once every 7 years. There's no family closeness there, so what's wrong with a little bump and grind? Granted, actually knocking her up would probably cause some family problems, but other than that I don't see the issue.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127502 Posts

I would never do it.. While I know it is normal in many countries, I would look a little oddly at it at first.

deeliman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 deeliman
Member since 2013 • 4027 Posts

@dylandr said:
@deeliman said:
@Ovirew said:

I'd rather be part of the action, but whatever floats your boat.

dylandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 dylandr

@deeliman: getting to watch live is always better as having to search for a video right?

bunchanumbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#25 bunchanumbers
Member since 2013 • 5709 Posts

I was told that second cousins is as close as you can go. I come from a small ethnicity where you will run into these kinds of situations if you decide to have children within your own race. Even then these days its looked on as a little strange.

Teubrinquedo12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Teubrinquedo12
Member since 2015 • 50 Posts

@dylandr: @MrGeezer: Yes, I would say that should be acceptable here in U.S, at least, socially acceptable. Though I'm not too close with my cousins, being that they live in Brasil, I would venture to say that it's okay as well to have romantic relationships with the close ones; how desirable that would be is entirely different story.

Thanks for the opinions, \o/

dylandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 dylandr

@teubrinquedo12: NP, just remember if they are to closely related you have a big chance your childeren will have some kind of birth handicap!

Boddicker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#28 Boddicker
Member since 2012 • 4458 Posts

I once had a crush on my 5th (?) cousin. Our grandpas were first cousins.

I never pursued her because I figured that if we wed it would be too confusing which side our families would sit on (bride or groom).

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

It was quite common in my family not only to date cousins but also to marry them. ( for ex. my Uncle Francisco was 3 times cousin of my father ), nowadays it does´t happen as commonly as it used to.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#30 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

angelcrr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By angelcrr
Member since 2015 • 254 Posts

I personally wouldn't do it, but if two cousins really like each other in an intimate way, hey more power to them, who are any of us to judge. ;)

-Blasphemy-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 -Blasphemy-
Member since 2005 • 3369 Posts

i dont see anything wrong with it.

themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 themajormayor
Member since 2011 • 25729 Posts

@Master_Live said:

I would not do it and would frown upon but if other consenting adults wanna do it be my guest.

What if your cousin was Emily Ratajowsky?

LexLas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#34 LexLas
Member since 2005 • 7317 Posts

@teubrinquedo12 said:

Nothing wrong with it ? If they are your blood cousins, your talking about have special ed babies if they were to get serious. Pretty nasty man. So many people in this world, why would anyone even consider their own cousin ? Thats just plain low. Imagine how the parents must feel. I know cousins that got together, and their kids are special, to where they need help talking, ect. Not good.

ferrari2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#35 ferrari2001
Member since 2008 • 17772 Posts

Well, the Targaryens used to wed brother and sister, and if one of the strongest houses in Westeros can, then well, why not everyone.

bforrester420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 bforrester420
Member since 2014 • 3480 Posts

@Master_Live said:
@richietickles said:

At least if they were gay/lesbian, they wouldn't be tainting the gene pool. What a stupid statement...

RichieTickles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By RichieTickles

@bforrester420 said:
@Master_Live said:
@richietickles said:

At least if they were gay/lesbian, they wouldn't be tainting the gene pool. What a stupid statement...

So long as it's not overdone like in Saudi Arabia, the possibility of genetic issues are along the lines of a 40+ year old woman having a child.

You only think it's stupid is because I don't bend over backwards in support of the LGBT agenda. How bout you mull these facts over a couple bowls and get back to me?

garathe_den

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By garathe_den
Member since 2008 • 1427 Posts

@richietickles said:
@bforrester420 said:
@Master_Live said:
@richietickles said:

So long as it's not overdone like in Saudi Arabia, the possibility of genetic issues are along the lines of a 40+ year old woman having a child.

You only think it's stupid is because I don't bend over backwards in support of the LGBT agenda. How bout you mull these facts over a couple bowls and get back to me?

What is the legitimate reason for you disapproving of homosexual cousins dating, but being okay with heterosexual cousins dating?

I'm just curious...as it doesn't really make sense if you are not against unrelated homosexuals dating each other, but think it's wrong if they date their cousins?

Quite confusing points you've made.

I don't support incest personally, regardless of sexual orientation.

bforrester420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By bforrester420
Member since 2014 • 3480 Posts

@richietickles said:
@bforrester420 said:
@Master_Live said:
@richietickles said:

I haven't smoked pot in over 6 years, so you're barking up the wrong tree. You say "agenda", I say "equal treatment".

RichieTickles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 RichieTickles

@garathe_den said:
@richietickles said:
@bforrester420 said:
@Master_Live said:
@richietickles said:

What is the legitimate reason for you disapproving of homosexual cousins dating, but being okay with heterosexual cousins dating?

I'm just curious...as it doesn't really make sense if you are not against unrelated homosexuals dating each other, but think it's wrong if they date their cousins?

I don't agree with homosexuality and even relations that are relatively distant, such as cousins, just strikes me as wrong.

RichieTickles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By RichieTickles
@bforrester420 said:
@richietickles said:
@bforrester420 said:
@Master_Live said:
@richietickles said:

I haven't smoked pot in over 6 years...

garathe_den

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By garathe_den
Member since 2008 • 1427 Posts

@richietickles said:
@garathe_den said:
@richietickles said:
@bforrester420 said:
@Master_Live said:
@richietickles said:

I don't agree with homosexuality and even relations that are relatively distant, such as cousins, just strikes me as wrong.

Ah so you don't agree with homosexuality in any way or form, not just incestuous homosexuality. That makes a lot more sense.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#44  Edited By Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19516 Posts

Definitely not something I'd ever want to do, but I don't see any point passing judgement on consenting adults dating their cousins. The majority of humans were marrying their cousins up until a few centuries ago, and large parts of the world still do it. If two cousins want to date each other, then that's their own personal choice.

RichieTickles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 RichieTickles

@garathe_den said:
@richietickles said:
@garathe_den said:
@richietickles said:
@bforrester420 said:
@Master_Live said:
@richietickles said:

Ah so you don't agree with homosexuality in any way or form, not just incestuous homosexuality. That makes a lot more sense.

Yeah, I don't agree with LGBT, but I'm not gonna discriminate against people who are LGBT. I can accept it between unrelated people, but not vice versa.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

No comment.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178838 Posts

Personally think family should be off limits.

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11125 Posts

I can understand it for adult cousins who rarely ever see each other and as a result don't feel like family at all. But still there are so many potential partners, why go for a cousin lol. And close or not, 1st cousins dating would just be too weird.

93BlackHawk93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#50 93BlackHawk93
Member since 2010 • 8611 Posts

Would a child from a cousin relationship be as mentally challenged like one from a sibling relationship?