Dating Advice Thread

• 51 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TheHighWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 TheHighWind
Member since 2003 • 5724 Posts

Good lawdy lawdy.

I can't get a date to save my life. I don't drink or go to events so I date online. It seems like every girl who can't get a date is online. I am by no means shallow but these girls are not attractive to me. Out of about 500 girls I looked at over the past few months I try to contact ONE and she ignores me. Also finding common interests is hard for me because I really like video games and that's about it. The truth is Im 29, single, and haven't been on a date in over 1 year.

How are you guys doing on the dating scene? Do you have any advice for me, maybe I need to switch things up a bit.

Avatar image for deactivated-598fc45371265
deactivated-598fc45371265

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2  Edited By deactivated-598fc45371265
Member since 2008 • 13247 Posts

themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 themajormayor
Member since 2011 • 25729 Posts

To impress a chick do the helicopter dick.

TheHighWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 TheHighWind

I came to the right place.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38668 Posts

lower your standards :)

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127501 Posts

@TheHighWind said:

Hey, we are masters in helping people getting laid and get their relationship back on track

A serious piece of advice though... Try to get out of the house.

TheHighWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 TheHighWind

@horgen said:

@TheHighWind said:

Hey, we are masters in helping people getting laid and get their relationship back on track

A serious piece of advice though... Try to get out of the house.

Well my problem is I am Disabled and don't work so I don't get out much. I hate bars and there are no cute girls at the grocery store. By the way I might as well live in Boring, Wyoming as far as places to hang out are concerned! >:(

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127501 Posts

@TheHighWind said: serious piece of advice though... Try to get out of the house.

Well my problem is I am Disabled and don't work so I don't get out much. I hate bars and there are no cute girls at the grocery store. By the way I might as well live in Boring, Wyoming as far as places to hang out are concerned! >:(

You make this a challenge. Hmm...

Avatar image for deactivated-5b797108c254e
deactivated-5b797108c254e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#9 deactivated-5b797108c254e
Member since 2013 • 11245 Posts

You're probably not going to like my advice so feel free to ignore it but here it goes anyway: Stop searching for a girlfriend. No, I'm not trolling, hear me out.

Some people are great at the seduction game, some people are at their best when they're chatting somebody up, some people manage to attract everyone around them with seemingly no effort at all; from what you say, you are not one of those people. If you are just focused on finding a gf you're more than likely going to blow it every time you approach a girl because you have one thing on your mind. If you can't "sell it" then not many girls are going to fall for you simply by you being in the same room as them.

So does that mean I'm telling you to be alone for the rest of your life? Not at all...I'm just saying focus on making friends, female friends even, just not a gf. There are women of all shapes and sizes and with all different manner of tastes...if you like something I guarantee you that there are women out there who like the same thing; just do things that interest you, talk to people who share your interests and after you have a friendship going on and things are going well THEN think whether you should make your next move. It gets so much easier to make girls take an interest to you when you don't act like a dog sniffing everybody's butt...

Remember, you are at your best when you're just being you, and it's easier to be yourself when you're just having fun with someone with no strings attached; you'll be more fun, less clingy, less forceful and overall more likable. So that's my advice to you: let go of the "I really need to find a girlfriend" mentality.

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18792 Posts

@korvus: "some people manage to attract everyone around them with seemingly no effort at all"

That's pretty much my mentality. I go into new environments looking to not make new friends. This causes people to like me anyway.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By deactivated-5b797108c254e

@PSP107: You're playing to your strengths and that was my exact point...know what you're good at and go with it. Also, confidence is probably the single most important factor in pulling that off...you're attractive to others because you think you are. That makes you intriguing to them and thus people naturally gravitate towards you; not everyone can pull it off but those who can are always a good show.

PernicioEnigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By PernicioEnigma
Member since 2010 • 6662 Posts

Just go out to parties and drink. It may not appeal to you, but sometimes in life you need to do things that you don't like in order to get what you want.

How many times have you actually gone out to clubs/bars? If you're like me the answer is probably never, yet I know if I was able to relax in such environments I would probably enjoy myself.

Edit: You also can't rely on girls to make the first move when it comes to anything related to romance or sex - they almost all have crippling self-esteem issues. No wonder they value confidence in guys so much...

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#13 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56026 Posts

Try Prostitutes. Can't go wrong with them girls.

TheHighWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 TheHighWind

@korvus said:

You're probably not going to like my advice so feel free to ignore it but here it goes anyway: Stop searching for a girlfriend. No, I'm not trolling, hear me out.

Some people are great at the seduction game, some people are at their best when they're chatting somebody up, some people manage to attract everyone around them with seemingly no effort at all; from what you say, you are not one of those people. If you are just focused on finding a gf you're more than likely going to blow it every time you approach a girl because you have one thing on your mind. If you can't "sell it" then not many girls are going to fall for you simply by you being in the same room as them.

So does that mean I'm telling you to be alone for the rest of your life? Not at all...I'm just saying focus on making friends, female friends even, just not a gf. There are women of all shapes and sizes and with all different manner of tastes...if you like something I guarantee you that there are women out there who like the same thing; just do things that interest you, talk to people who share your interests and after you have a friendship going on and things are going well THEN think whether you should make your next move. It gets so much easier to make girls take an interest to you when you don't act like a dog sniffing everybody's butt...

Remember, you are at your best when you're just being you, and it's easier to be yourself when you're just having fun with someone with no strings attached; you'll be more fun, less clingy, less forceful and overall more likable. So that's my advice to you: let go of the "I really need to find a girlfriend" mentality.

I see what you mean. I'm trying too hard.

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 PSP107

@davillain-: "Try Prostitutes. Can't go wrong with them girls."

Please explain your experience.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 deactivated-5b797108c254e

@TheHighWind said:

I see what you mean. I'm trying too hard.

I know being lonely sucks but you want to show the best of yourself, right? Not to mention that romances that have a solid friendship as a base have the potential to be much more rewarding in the long run.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 DaVillain  Moderator

@PSP107: Good if your into a quickie, not playing the waiting game. Though Korvus has the best opinion so far I say, he's kinda right.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 deactivated-5b797108c254e

@davillain- said:

I see you advised MDK as well =P Although he took it as dating them.

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 PSP107

@davillain-: "Good if your into a quickie,"

lol, i didn't expect that response.

konvikt_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 konvikt_17
Member since 2008 • 22378 Posts

Offer a girl your half eaten big mac.

panty dropper right there.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 DaVillain  Moderator

@korvus: I'm glad you agree with me. My logic is undeniable :-D

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#22 indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

@davillain- said:

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#23  Edited By madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18250 Posts

Oh boy...i do not want to know about dates any time soon >.<

Anyway...yep, you are trying to hard...you don't really need to go to online dates sites...you could start by saying hello to a random girl you see when you go to work/school.

dylandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#24 dylandr
Member since 2015 • 4940 Posts

@TheHighWind: Ok, look at it this way, you are fishing but you keep casting and casting, the fish will be scared But if you are to passive they eat the bait of the hook and leave...

The trick is to have patience, seduce the fish to bite the bait and just at the right moment you reel them in! :D

whipassmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#26  Edited By whipassmt
Member since 2007 • 15375 Posts

@TheHighWind: "Also finding common interests is hard for me because I really like video games and that's about it." - Forget about finding a girlfriend for no, focus on trying to find things to be interested too. And from there you might expand your social circle and meet someone.

BiancaDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#27 BiancaDK
Member since 2008 • 19092 Posts

@TheHighWind said:

Out of about 500 girls I looked at over the past few months I try to contact ONE

LOL

why are people advicing him to do this and that when all he needs to do is write more than 1 message per goddamn semester xD

Catalli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Catalli  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 3453 Posts

Wow, this is a tough one... I'd have to go with Korvus, and just accept that it won't lead to dates as often as, say, being a master flirter, but it'll bring quality people into your life with time.

Edit: As in, go with what he said, not with him...

Avatar image for deactivated-58061ea11c905
deactivated-58061ea11c905

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By deactivated-58061ea11c905
Member since 2011 • 999 Posts

If you are ugly like me it can be extremely difficult to get attention from women.

I'm turning 30 soon and never even had one date.

So unless you have a lot of money, being ugly like I am can be a significant barrier in getting reciprocal affection from women.

The problem is that I don't think I'll ever be rich enough or handsome enough in order to impress beautiful women.

So I'll probably always be alone. When I'll turn 70 I'll probably be some of those old men sitting in the park alone.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 deactivated-5b797108c254e

@ianhh6 said:

Wow, this is a tough one... I'd have to go with Korvus

@ianhh6 said:

Avatar image for always_explicit
always_explicit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By always_explicit
Member since 2007 • 3379 Posts

In fairness if you have only emailed one woman out of the few billion that exist then the odds are not in your favour haha.

I was never a huge fan of bars and clubs but that all changed a few years ago when I got fed up with my student friends not going out and went to a bar alone to prove a point. Once you get over the fact your alone it can be fun. I used to smoke though so I was forever using the "do you have a lighter" line.

Catalli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Catalli  Moderator

@korvus said:

@ianhh6 said:

Wow, this is a tough one... I'd have to go with Korvus

@ianhh6 said:

lol sorry, just personal preference!

(dat cat tho)

BiancaDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 BiancaDK

@pariah3: if you can provide or help support a relatively safe and predictable everyday life, you'd be surprised how positive some women react to those things alone

a simple car, simple home and a simple job paired with a genuinely friendly guy doesn't seem like an exciting concept to you and me, but some women value these things above all else

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 deactivated-5b797108c254e

@ianhh6 said:

lol sorry, just personal preference!

(dat cat tho)

I'm just messing with you; I'm happily married =)

Catalli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Catalli  Moderator

@korvus: So I've read! rubbin it in to the poor singles on OT? :P

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

don't do online dating

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 deactivated-5b797108c254e

@ianhh6: Only for luck =D

bforrester420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By bforrester420
Member since 2014 • 3480 Posts

Good lawdy lawdy.

I can't get a date to save my life. I don't drink or go to events so I date online. It seems like every girl who can't get a date is online. I am by no means shallow but these girls are not attractive to me. Out of about 500 girls I looked at over the past few months I try to contact ONE and she ignores me. Also finding common interests is hard for me because I really like video games and that's about it. The truth is Im 29, single, and haven't been on a date in over 1 year.

How are you guys doing on the dating scene? Do you have any advice for me, maybe I need to switch things up a bit.

Actually, I met my wife on Match.com. In my early-mid 20s, I wasn't a bar scene kind of guy, so I usually dated (more like banged) people from work, neighbors, or friends of friends. My experience on Match was the opposite of yours. I met 3 or 4 different really attractive girls before my wife. I liked the fact that I could email and talk to them before meeting them, so I could weed out the ones with which I didn't have a connection or shared interests before we met in person.

Avatar image for deactivated-58061ea11c905
deactivated-58061ea11c905

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 deactivated-58061ea11c905
Member since 2011 • 999 Posts

@korvus said:

I'm just messing with you; I'm happily married =)

This is not meant to offend you but are you really married or are you just lying?

That's the problem with Internet forums. The extreme anonymity.

You can never know if what the person you are communicating with says is really true.

In the Internet if a person says he's married he could be lying or if a person says that he slept with 4 women then he could be lying as well.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 deactivated-5b797108c254e

@pariah3: You don't offend me at all, but I think the main question is: why does it matter? Even if I wasn't married I could easily find a photo of a couple and post it here to "prove" to you that I was, so on the internet you basically have 2 choices; you either trust or you don't. I choose to trust the non-important things and not trust things that might put me at risk.

Catalli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Catalli  Moderator

@lostrib said:

don't do online dating

Why do you say that? On the one hand I sorta think anybody I consider (in all brute sincerity) worth dating isn't the type I'd find on an online dating site, because it's sort of indicative of some social difficulty or another.

At the same time there are plenty of people worth dating who simply don't have the access to meeting new people as easily as others do, so it makes sense for them to use a tool they have at their reach. There's also the simple fact that we're all online, so I understand that some might think "well, I might as well make use of it".

For the sake of debate let's say I sorta agree with you :P

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

If video games is all you can say about the things you like, you need to get out more.

We all love video games. We wouldn't be here if we didn't. But I have other things that interest me. You should too.

deeliman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 deeliman
Member since 2013 • 4027 Posts

I always wanna give advice in these kinds of threads, but then I see a huge wall of text from korvus full of advice and I feel redundant :/

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 deactivated-5b797108c254e

@deeliman: We all know that huge walls of text are always good advice, right? =P

deeliman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 deeliman
Member since 2013 • 4027 Posts

@korvus said:

@deeliman: We all know that huge walls of text are always good advice, right? =P

Especially if they are rambly and incoherent ;)

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

If you're damn handsome like myself just show them your dick.

Also, you gotta learn how to play the game bro. Women are hornier than guys in most respects, use that to your advantage. Don't go out there looking for true love, just wreck something.

also if you're into the furry fandom at all, cut that shit out right now.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

@magicalclick said:

@ReadingRainbow4:

Bad advice dude. Furry is part of our lives. It is like quiting gaming. That is just not going to happen. And seriously, furries are sexually more active and more playful. So no, don't tell someone to stop being himself. Especially furries are popular.

I'm just giving him some advice. I never said he was a fur it was just an observation.

The fact you're gay and go along with the fur shit might actually help you but this dudes trying to land girls.

BiancaDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 BiancaDK

@magicalclick said:

furries are sexually more active

pikachu wonders how did this fact came about