Darth Vader resurrected in new Star Wars films

• 115 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Laihendi (5834 posts) -

LOL!

Is this for real? I'm already losing hope for these new movies.

#2 Posted by jimkabrhel (15422 posts) -

No, just no.

#3 Posted by Legendaryscmt (12532 posts) -

The least they could do is make a crap version of the Thrawn trilogy than just a crap trilogy.

#4 Posted by callsignneptune (256 posts) -
Really hoping this isn't true. I wish they'd just lay the series to rest instead of ruining it with every new iteration they bring out.
#5 Posted by not_wanted (1977 posts) -

Yes. :D Disney: "For $4 billion we can do whatever the fuk we want." :P

#6 Posted by roulettethedog (10992 posts) -

I saw the original Star Wars over 30 times, Empire Strikes Back over 10 times ,and have never seem any of the others. Guess I grew up.:P

#7 Posted by Baranga (14217 posts) -

The rumour started in a British tabloid.

Stop paying attention to Episode 7 rumours. It's like every day another EXCLUSIVE REPORT FROM A TRUSTED SOURCE comes up.

How come nobody knew anything two weeks ago?

#8 Posted by tocool340 (20580 posts) -
Well, it could work out if executed right. But I'd prefer him to stay dead given the way he died. I'm more curious to know if he's gonna be a villain or not....
#9 Posted by Novotine (1199 posts) -

"He's an integral part of the franchise. Replacing him is virtually impossible...

so so so so sooooooo wrong
#10 Posted by ultimate-k (2348 posts) -

If this is true, then new Star wars is officaly going to suck doneky balls, I will refuse to watch it, and I wont call it canon!

#11 Posted by Swanogt19 (24159 posts) -
And people said that Disney was a good for Star Wars
#12 Posted by cain006 (8625 posts) -

Eh? I doubt it unless it's just some random dude dressing up like darth vader and pretending to be him.

#13 Posted by norm41x (669 posts) -

Bringing Vader would take everything that is already canon and turn it into an alternative universe. Most likely will not sit too well with the hardcore fans.

#14 Posted by ultimate-k (2348 posts) -

Burn Disney burn! Lets see how they rise from the ashes!

#15 Posted by worlock77 (22547 posts) -

It's on the internet so it must be true.

#16 Posted by chilly-chill (8902 posts) -
And people said that Disney was a good for Star Wars Swanogt19
It is. Star Wars was worse in George Lucas' hands. This is just some stupid rumour and I wouldn't think about it too much.
#18 Posted by muller39 (14944 posts) -

It could still work. I have faith. Blind faith but still faith.

#19 Posted by Zeviander (9503 posts) -
He died and was cremated in ancient Jedi tradition. Unless it is the Force Ghost of (Old) Anakin Skywalker, it will not work.
#20 Posted by Brendissimo35 (1930 posts) -

I saw the original Star Wars over 30 times, Empire Strikes Back over 10 times ,and have never seem any of the others. Guess I grew up.:P

roulettethedog

You mean to tell me you never ONCE saw Return of the Jedi? It's pretty solid, and how can you end on the cliffhanger at the end of Empire Strikes Back????

#21 Posted by guard12 (1657 posts) -

NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

#22 Posted by nintendoboy16 (27271 posts) -
Dragon Ball GT 2.0, here we come!
#23 Posted by Zeviander (9503 posts) -
You mean to tell me you never ONCE saw Return of the Jedi? It's pretty solid, and how can you end on the cliffhanger at the end of Empire Strikes Back????Brendissimo35
I personally would rather have missed out on the Ewoks.
#24 Posted by not_wanted (1977 posts) -

It could still work. I have faith. Blind faith but still faith.

muller39

Their lack of faith is disturbing. lol

#25 Posted by cyborg100000 (2862 posts) -

It's in the hands of Disney, if anyone has hope for the new movies then well...

#26 Posted by nocoolnamejim (15136 posts) -
This would be the dumbest thing I've seen in cinema since the last Adam Sandler movie.
#27 Posted by CycleOfViolence (3314 posts) -

Calling bullsh*t

#28 Posted by johnd13 (8481 posts) -

I' m just curious to see it implemented if it' s true at all.

#29 Posted by mitu123 (154289 posts) -

I honestly don't understand the point of this...

#30 Posted by sune_Gem (12463 posts) -

That's just silly.

#31 Posted by SouL-Tak3R (4024 posts) -

I thought the new series was going to be totally unrelated to the old star wars movies?

I would honestly like to see the main character be some sort of bounty hunter getting involved in a larger causes and have a jedi be a side character and such. It would be great to have a completely new story that has nothing to do with what we've seen and have a darker feel to it. More slums scenery.

#32 Posted by WiiCubeM1 (4728 posts) -

Didn't this start in a tabloid?

#33 Posted by lordreaven (7236 posts) -

If it does take place after 6 I'll probably skip it then.

#34 Posted by Diablo-B (4051 posts) -
OH I can't wait to see how Disney fills all the geeky loser star wars fanatics with tons of butt-hurt as they make changes to the series they love. For me, all I care is that the movies are entertaining, change what ever they will
#35 Posted by Pittfan666 (8534 posts) -
Resurrect Jar Jar please.
#36 Posted by bnarmz (1425 posts) -
They brought Lucus Films because they know Star Wars was a money maker. I always thought there would be more movies in the future, but thinking you need to brining Vadar back leads me to thinking the writers have very little imagination. It seems like they just want to make money off of the SW name and don't really have a script/plot or direction for the film. Money can ruin more things than it can fix.
#37 Posted by Pirate700 (46465 posts) -

Bringing Vader would take everything that is already canon and turn it into an alternative universe. Most likely will not sit too well with the hardcore fans.

norm41x

So what? To 95% of people who see SW, they want Darth Vader. I highly doubt when we first get to hear Vader breathing again in the threater that there won't be one giant nergasm in there.

#38 Posted by dave123321 (34202 posts) -

It's on the internet so it must be true.

worlock77
more often then not
#39 Posted by lordreaven (7236 posts) -

[QUOTE="norm41x"]

Pirate700

So what? To 95% of people who see SW, they want Darth Vader. I highly doubt when we first get to hear Vader breathing again in the threater that there won't be one giant nergasm in there.

Hehehehe, so true. I will have a nerdgasm for sure:P
#40 Posted by dave123321 (34202 posts) -

[QUOTE="norm41x"]

Pirate700

We like integrity pirate
#41 Posted by dave123321 (34202 posts) -

Didn't this start in a tabloid?

WiiCubeM1
Who cares is OT's motto
#42 Posted by dave123321 (34202 posts) -

I thought the new series was going to be totally unrelated to the old star wars movies?

I would honestly like to see the main character be some sort of bounty hunter getting involved in a larger causes and have a jedi be a side character and such. It would be great to have a completely new story that has nothing to do with what we've seen and have a darker feel to it. More slums scenery.

SouL-Tak3R
No one said anything about being unrelated to the others as far as I know
#43 Posted by dave123321 (34202 posts) -

It's in the hands of Disney, if anyone has hope for the new movies then well...

cyborg100000
well well well
#44 Posted by Nuck81 (5865 posts) -
Maybe in flashbacks or references, but not as a main character. I call shenanigans.
#45 Posted by wis3boi (31594 posts) -

"He's an integral part of the franchise. Replacing him is virtually impossible...

Ummm....uhhh.....

Well, not only do they have hundreds if not thousands of sith from the cannon they can use, they can also make up their own villains.

#46 Posted by Pirate700 (46465 posts) -

"He's an integral part of the franchise. Replacing him is virtually impossible...wis3boi

Ummm....uhhh.....

Well, not only do they have hundreds if not thousands of sith from the cannon they can use, they can also make up their own villains.

That's not what they meant.

#47 Posted by cain006 (8625 posts) -

[QUOTE="roulettethedog"]

Brendissimo35

You mean to tell me you never ONCE saw Return of the Jedi? It's pretty solid, and how can you end on the cliffhanger at the end of Empire Strikes Back????

It was by far the worst of the original trilogy, but yeah it was worth watching.

#48 Posted by chilly-chill (8902 posts) -
Why is everyone pooping on Disney?
#49 Posted by Guybrush_3 (8308 posts) -

Why couldn't they just bring the emperor back like they are supposed to, and then they don't f*ck up the whole redemption of darth vader. What are they going to do, redeem him again? that would be lame a sh*t, and it would f*cking stupid for him to stay a bad guy. It's lose-lose, and it's f*cking lazy on disney's part.

#50 Posted by Pirate700 (46465 posts) -

Why couldn't they just bring the emperor back like they are supposed to, and then they don't f*ck up the whole redemption of darth vader. What are they going to do, redeem him again? that would be lame a sh*t, and it would f*cking stupid for him to stay a bad guy. It's lose-lose, and it's f*cking lazy on disney's part.

Guybrush_3

This is a resurrection. Not a redemption.