Dark Stuff You Notice About Family Programming

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by black_chamber99 (1696 posts) -

what are some dark/adult stuff you notice about family shows or movies?

check out this scene from the kids show Victorious

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IpQ6WIdC44

looks like Victorious may be ran by foot fetish aficionados..

And also, there was a segment on the Amanda Show which implied for a few seconds that a boy and a girl went inside a bathroom stall to f*%k

#2 Posted by Necrifer (10629 posts) -

I have turned my back to the darkness.

#3 Posted by Tropicalshower (10813 posts) -
Yep!, very dark stuff.
#4 Posted by jimkabrhel (15416 posts) -

Do you actually think before you post threads?

#5 Posted by darkspineslayer (19440 posts) -
Anyone remember Franklin the turtle? How poor are those people when they all sleep on the floor?
#6 Posted by XilePrincess (13111 posts) -
Dan Schneider always has inappropriate jokes in his programming. The Amanda Show was another one of his. A lot of kids' programming is full of little adult references. One that comes to mind is Animaniacs, where one of the brothers says something about fingerprints, and Dot is holding Prince (the singer) in her arms and says "Finger Prince? I don't think so". I didn't get it as a kid so I don't really pay much attention to such things as I know today's kids won't get any dark or adult references either. I do tend to overanalyze shows today. Not in the picky PC mom way, but in the "Max and Ruby is a show about a mentally delayed little boy with no parental figures and an emotionally draining, controlling b*tch for a sister/caregiver." way.
#7 Posted by black_chamber99 (1696 posts) -

Dan Schneider always has inappropriate jokes in his programming. The Amanda Show was another one of his. A lot of kids' programming is full of little adult references. One that comes to mind is Animaniacs, where one of the brothers says something about fingerprints, and Dot is holding Prince (the singer) in her arms and says "Finger Prince? I don't think so". I didn't get it as a kid so I don't really pay much attention to such things as I know today's kids won't get any dark or adult references either. I do tend to overanalyze shows today. Not in the picky PC mom way, but in the "Max and Ruby is a show about a mentally delayed little boy with no parental figures and an emotionally draining, controlling b*tch for a sister/caregiver." way.XilePrincess

interesting stuff

#8 Posted by Primordialous (1276 posts) -

Courage the Cowardly Dog...

#9 Posted by leviathan91 (7763 posts) -
#10 Posted by KC_Hokie (16099 posts) -
You mean like Bert and Ernie being gay and not just really close roommates?