Dark Knight Rises kinda sucks.(SPOILERS)

• 60 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Bardock47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Bardock47
Member since 2008 • 5429 Posts

@Brain_Duster: He-Who-Stands-There Morrowind reference FTW!

pillarrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#52 pillarrocks
Member since 2005 • 3639 Posts

@huerito323 said:

I loved Batman Begins and Dark Knight. But this one has some major issues that kept me from enjoying it. Once the end credits appeared, I asked myself, "this was a Batman movie?". There wasn't enough Batman. The movie was over 2 hours long, and we got about 20 minutes of Batman. My favorite part of the movie was Bane, I think Tom Hardy was awesome as Bane and I liked the voice. But then my favorite part of the movie is completely destroyed at the end of the movie. Bane wasn't as awesome as we thought. Throughout the whole movie, I was injected in my head that it was him that escaped that inescapable prison that is supposedly a hell hole. But all along, it was a woman(Talia) that Bruce barely knew and trusted. Then Bane is killed by catwoman in a blink of a second. WOW. Talia then dies in a car crash, and all Batman has to do is take the bomb as far away as possible.

I want to know, how in the blue hell did Bruce Wayne get to Gotham City??? He was in other side of the country, in the middle of no where! He's broke, all his friends are in Gotham City and can't help him because Gotham City is held hostage by Bane and no one is allowed to enter or leave. This just doesn't make any damn sense. Batman didn't do a damn thing, all he did was trust people that kept screwing him(catwoman), and he didn't even have to deal with the villains because they died in the dumbest way possible.

What a huge disappointment. It blows my mind how people call this the best of the series. This movie was clearly rushed.

I agree the movie was rushed. I think after the success of Batman Dark Knight it was gonna be hard to top it. I liked Bane even though his voice made me think of Sean Connory at times. I like Catwoman, this version was better than the one in Batman Returns. I would easily say it's the worse of the trilogy of films. Even the ending hints at a sequel that will probably never get made. I think only the best parts where when Batman fights Bane in the prison and the football scene.

stuff238

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#53  Edited By stuff238
Member since 2012 • 3284 Posts

I HATE PEOPLE LIKE YOU WITH NO BRAINS!!!!!! USE SOME LOGIC!!!!!!

Batman had 3 weeks to get back to Gotham before the bomb blows.

He left the pit, went to a freaking airport, flew to the city across the bridge from gotham, got a cab to get a batsuit from his many hiding spots. Then went across the bridge with his gadgets.

How hard is that to get from the pit to gotham in 3 weeks? How is that not believable. HE IS BRUCE WAYNE. FORMER BILLIONAIRE who just lost all his money. SOMEONE would recognize him. PLUS he could ask for a freaking quarter, use a payphone and ask one of his many friends to BUY him a plane ticket! USE YOUR BRAIN!!!!!!

SultaN-s

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 SultaN-s
Member since 2011 • 85 Posts

It was really bad. People don't realize the hyped materials suck until it's too late. Look at the gaming industry for instance.

bruno_fmenedes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

User Lists: 2

#55  Edited By bruno_fmenedes
Member since 2005 • 550 Posts

The Dark Knight was clearly the best of the trilogy, both in plot and characters. The Dark Knight Rises' plot was disappointing given it's huge potential, Bane was imposing and fearless but far from "Joker Greatness" and his confrontations with Batman were boring, but Catwoman was an amazing new character, well developed and very well played, that put to shame any of her previous movie versions and was able to save the movie from mediocrity, IMHO. Also, completely discard the movie because you didn't like the finale is unfair in any movie, IMHO, because as I see it, the most important part of a story is not the end but everything that happens before that. What matters the most in movies and in life is not the end of it, but everything that you experience before getting there.

huerito323

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#56 huerito323
Member since 2009 • 1432 Posts

@stuff238: Wow really? Did Nolan explain to you this? LOL

I love how you made up your own story in order to forgive this hole in the movie.

psx2514

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 psx2514
Member since 2008 • 425 Posts

I thought the film was terrible, mainly for the reasons that have already been stated. Also (*flame shield on*) I don't even think The Dark Knight is as good as people make it out to be. Aside from Heath Ledger's Joker, it was a pretty mediocre film. I mean, I can't even figure out what the plot was. Christopher Nolan can't really capture the essence of Batman. His Batman films feel more like crime films that happen to have Batman characters in it rather than being actual Batman films. I actually felt that Tim Burton captured the essence of Batman better than Christopher Nolan did.

DJChuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#58 DJChuy
Member since 2010 • 1851 Posts

@huerito323 said:

Not saying TDK was perfect, but there was nothing as outlandish as TDKR. Gotham City being held hostage was a huge part of the story line. The fact that Bruce was able to get there with no problem made the whole story seem stupid. Oh and one thing I forgot to mention, is that when he gets to Gotham City, the first person he interacts with is Catwoman, and yet, he already knows that the bomb is going to explode the next day. LOL. How would he know? This is something really important that can affect what Bruce had in mind when coming back. The fact that he only has until tomorrow to fix everything is pretty huge. But for some reason, he already knows. He's completely calm and he once again trusts the person who screwed him and was the cause of him being sent to the prison in the first place!!! smh. This movie made Batman look like a complete moron.

Don't forget the first thing Batman does when he arrives at Gotham is paint the Batman symbol on one of the bridges when there's a bomb in the city.

I loved Batman Begins & TDK, but I didn't enjoy TDKR. The first half or so was poorly paced, poorly written and had too much subplots going on. It was pretty boring until the Bane/Batman fight began. And to add to the list:

- Commissioner Gordon gets captured in the sewers but escapes by jumping into the flowing water. JGL knows where to find Gordon despite him not knowing Gordon even jumped into the water.
- Batman has knee problems and breaks his back after a one-sided match; however he defeats Bane with no problems in the rematch.
- Sending the majority of the cops underground; after being trapped for months, they still appear healthy and in fighting condition.
- Commissioner Gordon is the last person to find out Batman is Bruce Wayne. What was suppose to be a heartwarming revelation turns out to be a facepalm moment for Gordon since everyone knew who Batman was: Bane, Catwoman, rookie cop JGL, etc.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#59 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

@psx2514 said:

I thought the film was terrible, mainly for the reasons that have already been stated. Also (*flame shield on*) I don't even think The Dark Knight is as good as people make it out to be. Aside from Heath Ledger's Joker, it was a pretty mediocre film. I mean, I can't even figure out what the plot was. Christopher Nolan can't really capture the essence of Batman. His Batman films feel more like crime films that happen to have Batman characters in it rather than being actual Batman films. I actually felt that Tim Burton captured the essence of Batman better than Christopher Nolan did.

The movie was about The Joker forcing Batman to break his no kill rule, then showing the people of Gotham that The Batman was nothing special or extraordinary. There.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#60  Edited By Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

@DJChuy said:

@huerito323 said:

Not saying TDK was perfect, but there was nothing as outlandish as TDKR. Gotham City being held hostage was a huge part of the story line. The fact that Bruce was able to get there with no problem made the whole story seem stupid. Oh and one thing I forgot to mention, is that when he gets to Gotham City, the first person he interacts with is Catwoman, and yet, he already knows that the bomb is going to explode the next day. LOL. How would he know? This is something really important that can affect what Bruce had in mind when coming back. The fact that he only has until tomorrow to fix everything is pretty huge. But for some reason, he already knows. He's completely calm and he once again trusts the person who screwed him and was the cause of him being sent to the prison in the first place!!! smh. This movie made Batman look like a complete moron.

- Batman has knee problems and breaks his back after a one-sided match; however he defeats Bane with no problems in the rematch.

TDKR has many flaws but this actually isn't one of them. If you see the fight Bane is clearly kicking Batman's butt once again and it is only because of a fortuitous strike which pierces Bane's mask that he starts to beat him and even then Bane continuous to put up a good fight for a while. I remember this clearly from when I was at the theater and thinking just before the 2nd fight: "Oh man, if they just show Batman beating Bane this time because "he was trying harder" after Bane fvcking mopped the floor with him in the 1st fight I'm gonna get mad".

AcidTango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 AcidTango  Online
Member since 2013 • 3221 Posts

Yeah I agree it wasn't good at all. The story was too boring and plus so many characters I felt were just plain awful.

LexLas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#62  Edited By LexLas
Member since 2005 • 7317 Posts

Well it had an awesome soundtrack ! Lol ... Well yes, it wasn't the best Batman, thats for sure. I think the best one is with Heath Ledger as Joker. I actually own the Dark NIght Rises, and most of them. I will have to do a rewatch just cause i haven't seen it in a while.