Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 colombianplaya5
Member since 2005 • 245 Posts

Hey guys/girls,

Just wanted a little advice or help with an awkward issue. When I go raving/clubbing I usually dance (Grind) with girls which is cool and all but sometimes (Actually most of the time) I have a hard time keeping my balance and I look like a fool who cant dance lol

I'm 5,9 about 145lbs so my height and weight is pretty average I guess. With short girls it's obviously easier to keep my balance with but most of the time I dance with females that are about my height or taller. I have had to go tippy toe a few times as well and when she decides to grind even harder it can send me flying back a bit which doesn't help hahaha, so what do you guys and girls recommend I try? and what position should I plant my feet to keep a better equilibrium?

Avatar image for deactivated-598fc45371265
deactivated-598fc45371265

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 deactivated-598fc45371265
Member since 2008 • 13247 Posts

@colombianplaya5 said:
I look like a fool who cant dance lol

Perhaps that's because you are.

top_lel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#3 top_lel
Member since 2014 • 886 Posts

Stop dancing then.

Avatar image for colombianplaya5
colombianplaya5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By colombianplaya5

lmfao damn you guys are cold

Avatar image for deactivated-5b797108c254e
deactivated-5b797108c254e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#5  Edited By deactivated-5b797108c254e
Member since 2013 • 11245 Posts

If they're ok with you grinding against them they shouldn't have a problem if you grab their hips a little every now and then... should help with the balance.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

Dancing to get into girls pants...turn in your man card.

Such a waste of time and energy. There is only ONE type of grinding you should be doing with a woman.

themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 themajormayor
Member since 2011 • 25729 Posts

You've come to the right place. OT is renowned for the dancing skills of its members.

colombianplaya5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 colombianplaya5

Thanks Korvus, I normally do grab onto their hips but sometimes it doesn't help by much.

@Jankarcop I love how you just assume im dancing with them to get into their pants...I dance to have fun and the girls do too. Its obvious you and the other guys who posted before Korvus have never really gone clubbing or are just too shy to dance with girls.

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

Spread your feet out more.

If that doesn't help you need to get some elastic bands and start side-stepping with them to build up strength in your legs.

Avatar image for deactivated-598fc45371265
deactivated-598fc45371265

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#10  Edited By deactivated-598fc45371265
Member since 2008 • 13247 Posts

@airshocker said:

If that doesn't help you need to get some elastic bands and start side-stepping with them to build up strength in your legs.

You might as well start lifting and gaining some mass so girls can't toss you around like a ragdoll.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

@colombianplaya5 said:

@Jankarcop I love how you just assume im dancing with them to get into their pants...

Dancing with woman, not trying to get into their pants.

What was your orientation again?

D3nnyCrane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 D3nnyCrane
Member since 2007 • 12058 Posts

@colombianplaya5 said:

Hey guys/girls,

Just wanted a little advice or help with an awkward issue. When I go raving/clubbing I usually dance (Grind) with girls which is cool and all but sometimes (Actually most of the time) I have a hard time keeping my balance and I look like a fool who cant dance lol

I'm 5,9 about 145lbs so my height and weight is pretty average I guess. With short girls it's obviously easier to keep my balance with but most of the time I dance with females that are about my height or taller. I have had to go tippy toe a few times as well and when she decides to grind even harder it can send me flying back a bit which doesn't help hahaha, so what do you guys and girls recommend I try? and what position should I plant my feet to keep a better equilibrium?

Bro you don't need dancing, you just need the DENNIS system.

Ashbee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Ashbee
Member since 2015 • 383 Posts

wow this made me think about this issue for the first time. I never considered how these men kept their balance in these situations.

Maybe (and this sounds grimey as hell but) try bending them forward a little bit so you are able to as well? If they are grinding you with their shoulders/back/ass and pushing back there is no way you are going to keep that up for long unless you are just sticking your hips out there. In fact, if this happens again maybe pull them aside and explain to them how their dancing is inconsiderate and they should try doing it differently in the way I described. If they are nice ladies, I'm sure they will understand and work towards changing their ways.

colombianplaya5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By colombianplaya5

@airshocker Good advice man, I was thinking it had something to do with my leg position

@ashbee Yeah it really isnt easy if you cant get the right balance but maybe ill try what you suggested lol That last part was hilarious though! hahaha

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#15  Edited By foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

It still amazes me that "grinding" is an accepted form of dance.

Kids these days.

aretilda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#16 aretilda
Member since 2014 • 499 Posts

Um don't? Dance with her normally. I've never even understood how to start a grind with a girl I mean I know how to grind I've never done it before but I don't know how to bring it up. It sounds terribly awkward anyways I'd never be interested in doing it unless there were no clothes involved but that's a different story lol! The clubs here don't even allow grinding.

Avatar image for always_explicit
always_explicit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 always_explicit
Member since 2007 • 3379 Posts

@aretilda said:

Um don't? Dance with her normally. I've never even understood how to start a grind with a girl I mean I know how to grind I've never done it before but I don't know how to bring it up. It sounds terribly awkward anyways I'd never be interested in doing it unless there were no clothes involved but that's a different story lol! The clubs here don't even allow grinding.

From my experience its usually when two separate friendship groups are on a dance floor and people from both groups slowly make eye contact with the other group and subtly (or not so) move around to get close to the person they have been eyeing up. Once near them you kinda get a little body contact going on...if she is receptive to that then you just dance with her. Its all very unspoken, I actually find it quite sexy because its not dancing at all. Its all eye contact and getting close to each other. Then when you do get in a grind as the man you dont really have to do anything. The grind is almost like your reward for the previous, patient, eye contact trying to get near her without being a creep stage.

Any time Iv'e ended up in a "grind" it has been the girl who kinda reversed up into my space and its more of a tease, an invite to hold her hips, then if she is receptive its pretty much anything goes.If anything its like....the girls saying....are you perceptive enough to read the signs and do you have the guts to come here and dance with me. Then when you do get some success its about as good as it gets for a guy on a dance floor. Ample room for a pickup and exchange of numbers or more.

(initially my post was going to be about how much I hated grinding....then I realised I loved it)

aretilda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#18 aretilda
Member since 2014 • 499 Posts

@always_explicit said:

From my experience its usually when two separate friendship groups are on a dance floor and people from both groups slowly make eye contact with the other group and subtly (or not so) move around to get close to the person they have been eyeing up. Once near them you kinda get a little body contact going on...if she is receptive to that then you just dance with her. Its all very unspoken, I actually find it quite sexy because its not dancing at all. Its all eye contact and getting close to each other. Then when you do get in a grind as the man you dont really have to do anything. The grind is almost like your reward for the previous, patient, eye contact trying to get near her without being a creep stage.

Any time Iv'e ended up in a "grind" it has been the girl who kinda reversed up into my space and its more of a tease, an invite to hold her hips, then if she is receptive its pretty much anything goes.If anything its like....the girls saying....are you perceptive enough to read the signs and do you have the guts to come here and dance with me. Then when you do get some success its about as good as it gets for a guy on a dance floor. Ample room for a pickup and exchange of numbers or more.

(initially my post was going to be about how much I hated grinding....then I realised I loved it)

I have Nonverbal Learning Disorder so I have trouble with that sort of thing, which explains why I'm 21 and never had a girlfriend or any friends, but if I ever somehow by luck I got one she would have to be able to describe each emotion verbally to me in order to understand because my brain just doesn't recognize nonverbal signs.

Fun fact of the day haha