Dad shoots, kills boy found inside daughter’s bedroom.

• 127 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

loco145

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 loco145
Member since 2006 • 12226 Posts

A Houston-area father fatally shot a 17-year-old boy who was inside his teen daughter's bedroom early Thursday morning, MyFoxHouston.com reported.

The father, who was not identified, was notified by one of his children that there was someone in his 16-year-old daughter's room, the report said. He reportedly found his daughter in bed with the teen.

The confrontation occurred around 2:20 a.m. The father had a gun and asked the teen to identify himself, police said, according to the report. His daughter reportedly told her father that she did not know the teen and that the two were not in bed.

The father said he told the teen not to move, but reportedly saw the teen reach for something, at which point police say the father opened fire. The teen did not have a gun. His daughter later confessed that she did indeed know the teen, the report said.

Source.

Best girlfriend ever?

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

Wow, his daughter is kind of a moron

vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#3 vfibsux
Member since 2003 • 4497 Posts

RadecSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#4 RadecSupreme
Member since 2009 • 4824 Posts

My IQ fell down reading this.

XaosII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 XaosII
Member since 2003 • 16705 Posts

Its hard to say which of the three had poorer judgment. But it not like the daughter pulled the trigger on the gun.

Legal ownership of a gun doesn't give you the right to hold hostages.

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 GazaAli
Member since 2007 • 25216 Posts

Soooo, why did the father killed the teen again?

BluRayHiDef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7  Edited By BluRayHiDef
Member since 2009 • 10839 Posts

Stories like this one remind me that life is a fragile gift that can be taken away at any moment. Hence, it should be appreciated, even in misery.

I wonder what the races of the father, daughter, and teen were?

byof_america

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#8 byof_america
Member since 2006 • 1952 Posts

@GazaAli: because Texas

Avatar image for MakeMeaSammitch
MakeMeaSammitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 MakeMeaSammitch
Member since 2012 • 4889 Posts

we need to ban guns purchased for self defense.

They end up with tragedy more often than they actually save people.

vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 vfibsux

@BluRayHiDef said:

Stories like this one remind me that life is a fragile gift that can be taken away at any moment. Hence, it should be appreciated, even in misery.

Of course you do.

vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By vfibsux

@MakeMeaSammitch said:

Ummm no.....the media only reports the tragedies when they happen, you are never going to hear about crimes PREVENTED with a gun, not sexy enough. But yea, keep on practicing shit gun control logic.

But yea...according to this professor privately owned firearms STOP 2.5 million crimes per year. Took me like 10 seconds to find that....if you don't like it I am sure I can find more.

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

@MakeMeaSammitch said:

Don't be stupid. For every tragedy there's happy ending story.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@GazaAli said:

stranger in his house who he thought was reaching for a weapon

ad1x2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ad1x2
Member since 2005 • 8430 Posts

From what it seems like, the father was defending his daughter, who to save face lied about the fact that she was getting laid with her boyfriend and tried to pass it off as an attempted rape. Assuming that everything happened the way the story was written that looks like the most likely scenario and the one who deserves blame is the daughter for not being honest.

Of course, all people will say is that he was some crazy gun freak and that guns should be banned because of this. People will do what they have to do to protect their family and that was the situation here.

hydralisk86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 hydralisk86
Member since 2006 • 8844 Posts
@ad1x2 said:

From what it seems like, the father was defending his daughter, who to save face lied about the fact that she was getting laid with her boyfriend and tried to pass it off as an attempted rape. Assuming that everything happened the way the story was written that looks like the most likely scenario and the one who deserves blame is the daughter for not being honest.

Of course, all people will say is that he was some crazy gun freak and that guns should be banned because of this. People will do what they have to do to protect their family and that was the situation here.

So it's basically it's also largely the daughter's fault that the boyfriend is dead...

Masculus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Masculus
Member since 2009 • 2878 Posts

He should have better judgement. His daughter is just a slut, like any teenager these days.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#17  Edited By Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

Tragic. But lets look at it this way, now this boy can't be ridden with soul crushing College Debt.

TacticalDesire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 TacticalDesire
Member since 2010 • 10713 Posts

The bottom line is that what appears to be an innocent young kid is now dead. Whether the dad is actually in the wrong is questionable. The daughter certainly should not have lied. Even so, it is incidents like this that tend to make people anti-gun. While it is very likely that the father is in the clear, provided he really did think the boy was reaching for a weapon, people make mistakes, awful mistakes, and guns have a tendency to emphasize those mistakes.

MakeMeaSammitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 MakeMeaSammitch

@airshocker said:

@MakeMeaSammitch said:

Don't be stupid. For every tragedy there's happy ending story.

statistics tell a different story. People who buy guns for self defense are more likely to kill an innocent person than an intruder/mugger. Usually a family member.

MakeMeaSammitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 MakeMeaSammitch

@vfibsux said:

@MakeMeaSammitch said:

Ummm no.....the media only reports the tragedies when they happen, you are never going to hear about crimes PREVENTED with a gun, not sexy enough. But yea, keep on practicing shit gun control logic.

But yea...according to this professor privately owned firearms STOP 2.5 million crimes per year. Took me like 10 seconds to find that....if you don't like it I am sure I can find more.

and here's something disproving that false study

here's one saying that guns actually do increase the homicide rate

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#21 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

Bottom line....it's the daughters fault! If she didn't let him in, he would not be dead PERIOD! I'm so sorry for the families lost, but unwise decisions lead to bad repercussions.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#22  Edited By comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38676 Posts

ah the old "i saw him reach for something" line.. gets you out of a pinch ever time.

elkoldo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 elkoldo
Member since 2009 • 1832 Posts

@Master_Live said:

Tragic. But lets look at it this way, now this boy can't be ridden with soul crushing College Debt.

So you finally felt sad about something , eh ? 'Cause earlier today I heard you say in some thread that you don't care about nothing no more.Damn I can't remember that thread's title, I'd love to link it here.

On the subject ,I believe the dad was right.A stranger in a girl's room ,whom she claims she doesn't know, apparently reaching out for his gun , indeed should be shot in the dick and the balls.

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts

@XaosII said:

Its hard to say which of the three had poorer judgment. But it not like the daughter pulled the trigger on the gun.

Legal ownership of a gun doesn't give you the right to hold hostages.

You might want to learn what the word hostage means before using it again.

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 theone86
Member since 2003 • 22669 Posts

@comp_atkins said:

ah the old "i saw him reach for something" line.. gets you out of a pinch ever time.

Yup. Besides, you hear that your daughter is fooling around with someone in her room and your first reaction is to take a gun? That's just a disaster waiting to happen.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38676 Posts

@theone86 said:

@comp_atkins said:

Yup. Besides, you hear that your daughter is fooling around with someone in her room and your first reaction is to take a gun? That's just a disaster waiting to happen.

the whole "i'm the protector of my daugher's vagina" attitude is a little ridiculous imo.

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts
@MakeMeaSammitch said:

@vfibsux said:

@MakeMeaSammitch said:

Really...are you kidding me. You just used Cracked and a democratically run site as youe proof. Wow, just wow. I hope you don't actually expect people to take you serious in this thread anymore.

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 theone86

@comp_atkins said:

@theone86 said:

@comp_atkins said:

the whole "i'm the protector of my daugher's vagina" attitude is a little ridiculous imo.

I think the bigger issue is that people like this don't have that little voice inside their head that says "maybe this isn't the best way to go about this." Grabbing their gun is the first thing that jumps into their head and they take zero time to contemplate if it's the best idea or not. Act first, then try to justify your actions after.

Chaos_HL21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Chaos_HL21
Member since 2003 • 5288 Posts

@theone86 said:

@comp_atkins said:

@theone86 said:

@comp_atkins said:

I think the bigger issue is that people like this don't have that little voice inside their head that says "maybe this isn't the best way to go about this." Grabbing their gun is the first thing that jumps into their head and they take zero time to contemplate if it's the best idea or not. Act first, then try to justify your actions after.

Well when you learn there is a person you do not know in your daughter's room (and you did not invite anyone in the house). Getting a weapon is a good idea. Then his daughter said she did not know the teen, that is a bit different.

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 theone86

@Chaos_HL21 said:

@theone86 said:

@comp_atkins said:

@theone86 said:

@comp_atkins said:

Well when you learn there is a person you do not know in your daughter's room (and you did not invite anyone in the house). Getting a weapon is a good idea. Then his daughter said she did not know the teen, that is a bit different.

How many times I have been in a daughter's room when the father didn't know me? Hmmmm...let me count. When I hear that I don't assume that the daughter is in danger, I assume (rightly) that she's fooling around. There are too many people with itchy trigger fingers.

Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts

I guess one thing we can learn about this is that "Using Protection", Means to wear a Kevlar Vest along with a condom.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#32 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44557 Posts

The daughter surely bares a lot of the blame here, if she had simply told her father she invited the boy into her room then he might not have treated the kid like an intruder. Though, I think the father is an idiot too, fucking teenage girls are surely going to deny fault and wrongdoing and he should have at least held some reservation about that possibility. I think both of them share some culpability here.

ferrari2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#33  Edited By ferrari2001
Member since 2008 • 17772 Posts

@BluRayHiDef said:

Why the hell would that matter? Stop keeping racism alive.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Master_Live

You better bet that my daughter vagina's rights will not be infringe upon.

vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 vfibsux

@comp_atkins said:

@theone86 said:

@comp_atkins said:

Do you have a daughter?

Avatar image for deactivated-5b19214ec908b
deactivated-5b19214ec908b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 deactivated-5b19214ec908b
Member since 2007 • 25072 Posts

So he's a murderer and his daughter is an idiot.

Audacitron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Audacitron
Member since 2012 • 991 Posts

This is almost as retarded as the Oscar Pistorius case.

@XaosII said:

No, it's really not hard at all. It's the guy who bursts into his16 year old's bedroom, without knocking, at 2am, with a gun drawn.

@AmazonTreeBoa said:
@MakeMeaSammitch said:

@vfibsux said:

@MakeMeaSammitch said:

Really...are you kidding me. You just used Cracked and a democratically run site as youe proof. Wow, just wow. I hope you don't actually expect people to take you serious in this thread anymore.

I don't know what you think you mean when you write "democratically run", but The Economist is a British publication in print since the nineteenth century. Cracked is a humor website.

Both are more credible than that blatantly flawed study from 1993, which involved cold calling gun owners to tell stories about how their gun heroics, and then wildly extrapolate outwards.

Dogswithguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#38 Dogswithguns
Member since 2007 • 11359 Posts

It's just sad, the boy liked the girl wanted to see her then got kill by her dad by accident.. it's sad, it's stupid, her dad is stupid.

chaplainDMK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 chaplainDMK
Member since 2008 • 7004 Posts

@toast_burner said:

Well realistically I expect the dude to a be a massive douchebag if he charges into her daughters room with a freaking gun, so I really wouldn't be to shocked if the guy is a borderline abusive father.

Wilfred_Owen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#41 Wilfred_Owen
Member since 2005 • 20964 Posts

Only goes to show shooting some load prematurely will cause more harm than good.

vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By vfibsux

@chaplainDMK said:

@toast_burner said:

Well realistically I expect the dude to a be a massive douchebag if he charges into her daughters room with a freaking gun, so I really wouldn't be to shocked if the guy is a borderline abusive father.

Yea because only a douchebag would use a gun to defend his family. Where the **** do you people come from? Don't say it.....any criminals listening will want to find out where you live for an easy victim.

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By dave123321
Member since 2003 • 35553 Posts

Crazy stuff

XilePrincess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 XilePrincess
Member since 2008 • 13130 Posts

If she told her father she didn't know him, I hope that haunts her until the day she dies.

gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 gamerguru100
Member since 2009 • 12718 Posts

@GazaAli said:

A damn good question. "Because he was reaching for something" is no excuse to shoot someone. Also the daughter is almost as dumb as the dad. Many people are too trigger happy for their own good.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b19214ec908b
deactivated-5b19214ec908b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 deactivated-5b19214ec908b
Member since 2007 • 25072 Posts

@vfibsux said:

@chaplainDMK said:

@toast_burner said:

Yea because only a douchebag would use a gun to defend his family. Where the **** do you people come from? Don't say it.....any criminals listening will want to find out where you live for an easy victim.

How on earth was he defending her?

Sephir0th_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Sephir0th_
Member since 2004 • 1378 Posts

Stories like these are truly tragic. I am what you might consider "pro-guns" in that I do believe people have a constitutional right to gun ownership and I believe that a man ought to be allowed to protect his home. But, I am one who believes with this right comes the obligation for society to require that owners are educated, much like there is driver's education, on how+when to use that weapon and sort out the nut jobs. If you plan to own and use a gun, you should be trained to not lose your mind when given the power to take life away.

Now, the father had the right to possess a weapon in this circumstance, but he had an obligation to think the situation through, (child, call the police maybe?), before resorting to firing the gun. In situations like these where a person is unsure if the other has access to a weapon, ought not to aim to take a life - rather they should shoot to disarm and disable the person.

TL;DR : The father had an obligation to determine the situation first, before leaping to the final resort - firing his gun to take a life.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

@lostrib said:

Wow, his daughter is kind of a moron

HeHe .

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Master_Live

@gamerguru100 said:

@GazaAli said:

"Because he was reaching for something" is no excuse to shoot someone.

What if he was reaching for a gun?

gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By gamerguru100
Member since 2009 • 12718 Posts

@Master_Live said:

@gamerguru100 said:

@GazaAli said:

"Because he was reaching for something" is no excuse to shoot someone.

What if he was reaching for a gun?

Then the father would have had the right to shoot in self-defense. But he would have to see the gun first, not just assume he's about to pull one out. And the teen wasn't even armed. So now a kid is dead because of a trigger happy asshole; his dimwit daughter didn't help the situation either.

Really, all the dad had to do was ask the kid to leave his house, or just call the police. But nope, he just had to get a hair up his ass and make the worst attempt at preserving the "purity" of his daughter's vagina.