This topic is locked from further discussion.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36039 Posts

Simple question for this topic. Who are the real job creators customers or CEOs?

To me a ceo has no jobs to give if customers refuse to buy their products.

Avatar image for MakeMeaSammitch
MakeMeaSammitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 MakeMeaSammitch
Member since 2012 • 4889 Posts

Both I guess.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b19214ec908b
deactivated-5b19214ec908b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 deactivated-5b19214ec908b
Member since 2007 • 25072 Posts

Customers. Anyone who says CEO doesn't understand how business works.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56082 Posts

The Customer is always right. Always.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23032 Posts

It's not that simple (which is why I dislike the term "job creators"). Customers must be present with disposable income to create the potential for demand. Companies must create something of value (or at least create something of perceived value) to realize that demand. The whole thing is cyclical.

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

You can't have one without the other.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38677 Posts

it's not solely one or the other... founders deserve equal credit as customers.

though from a larger coorporate CEO standpoint many times the CEO is not the founder of the business any longer.

Jd1680a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#8 Jd1680a
Member since 2005 • 5960 Posts

Customers. Look at what happened to Circuit City, Blockbuster and Tower Records in the past ten years. What happened to those people who had jobs working in those stores when customers stopped coming?

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 MrGeezer
Member since 2002 • 59765 Posts

@davillain- said:

That's not true. I once met a customer who asked for medium rare chicken. **** that. If she wants to eat that shit then she's free to buy it and cook it for herself. But if she thinks any restaurant should cook it and serve it to her, then she's wrong.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#10 br0kenrabbit
Member since 2004 • 17859 Posts

@davillain- said:

Never worked in PC repair, hunh?

"I know for a fact I don't have any viruses because I downloaded VirusScammer and paid $60 for it to take them all off".

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 MrGeezer

@br0kenrabbit said:

@davillain- said:

Never worked in PC repair, hunh?

"I know for a fact I don't have any viruses because I downloaded VirusScammer and paid $60 for it to take them all off".

Never mind that if the customer actually was always right, then that would greatly diminish the need for such services or products. Sure, some people who hire an electrician or a mechanic totally know the field but are just too lazy to do it themselves. But I'd wager that a fair number of them are only paying for a professional in the first place because they don't know shit about how to do it. For a lot of people, if they knew about PC repair then they'd do it themselves instead of paying someone else to do it.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#12 br0kenrabbit
Member since 2004 • 17859 Posts

@MrGeezer said:

Never mind that if the customer actually was always right, then that would greatly diminish the need for such services or products. Sure, some people who hire an electrician or a mechanic totally know the field but are just too lazy to do it themselves. But I'd wager that a fair number of them are only paying for a professional in the first place because they don't know shit about how to do it. For a lot of people, if they knew about PC repair then they'd do it themselves instead of paying someone else to do it.

There's a saying in the field: "95% of all computer problems can be found between the chair back and the keyboard." And it's very, very true.

Hell just visit a video game tech support forum and try to count how many times someone says "I know it's not my PC."

I've never figured out if it's arrogance or true ignorance.

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By MrGeezer

@br0kenrabbit said:

@MrGeezer said:

There's a saying in the field: "95% of all computer problems can be found between the chair back and the keyboard." And it's very, very true.

Hell just visit a video game tech support forum and try to count how many times someone says "I know it's not my PC."

I've never figured out if it's arrogance or true ignorance.

Oh, I don't doubt it (I won't go as far as saying that I agree, since I'm not that computer-savvy myself).

Sure, I get the spirit of the saying, "the customer is always right." Yes, the employee wouldn't have a job if they weren't getting paid money by customers, so generally speaking the employee should provide what the paying customer wants. But it's not that simple at all. A lot of customers are just stupid or ignorant. And when they want something, they either want something that can't possibly be provided or they want something that it would be dangerous or irresponsible to provide them with. Even if the customer throws all the money in the world at you and demands X to be done, the EMPLOYEE might have no idea how to do that (either at all, or in a way that doesn't kill the customer). In various fields, you'll see customers demanding things that are either impossible, impossible given what the customer is paying, or impossible without leaving the customer dead. So no, the customer is not always right.