Current/Former GameStop Employees!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MintChocoLatte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By MintChocoLatte
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

Hey everyone, I've been working at GameStop for a couple of months now and was wondering when you were promoted. I'm still a GA (Game Advisor) and want to raise up in the company, but wanted to have an estimate of when I would be promoted. Any information is helpful and thanks in advance!

~MintChocoLatte

MintChocoLatte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 MintChocoLatte

@thegerg: I have before my friend. My numbers are better than 2 of the people I work with (I work my butt off). My assitant manager has been working there for 3 years now and can get a store but he would have to move from Florida to the Northern part of the United States. I just want others information than the ones that I already know from around here. (:

~MintChocoLatte

MintChocoLatte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 MintChocoLatte

@thegerg: I'm asking when others were promoted. I'm still going to work at my best and whatnot. I just want to know when everyone else was promoted to have a better understanding. Have an average based on peoples information.

I'm not asking when I'll be promoted, I'm asking when others were.

~MintChocoLatte

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts

[Comment removed by original poster]

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#7 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

Probably not for awhile. GameStop is pretty terrible when it comes to rewarding employees.

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

7 years.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b797108c254e
deactivated-5b797108c254e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#10 deactivated-5b797108c254e
Member since 2013 • 11245 Posts

Are promotions that easy to come by where you live that you're already looking for one even though you've only worked there for a few months?

Dogswithguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#11  Edited By Dogswithguns
Member since 2007 • 11359 Posts

I thought GameStop closing down?!.... I hope not, for your sake anyway.

Well, just thank that you have a job all that matters... I'm unemployed for 3 weeks now.

freedom01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 109

#12  Edited By freedom01  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 3676 Posts

you have to work for a couple of years to actually get a promotion, a couple of months is not even close. Also your employer will have to recognize you for your efforts, just working for a couple of years will not guarantee you a promotion. You will have to show effort and dedication to your job.

MintChocoLatte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By MintChocoLatte

Don't mean to revive a old forum. Alright so I have some good news and bad news. The good news is that I can get a promotion. The bad news is that 3 things need to happen.

1) My assistant manager is suppose to get a store in Georgia, he is suppose to get it but anything could happen between now and the end of the holidays.

2) One of the SGA's (can't tell you a name) will get promoted to a assistant manager at the store I work at.

3) If he gets his store in GA, I have to move to the store closest to my store because then we would have an all girls team. Which is illegal or something along the lines. So a male SGA (again I can't tell you the name) over there would trade with me.

-I am very excited for the opportunity of a promotion. But as I stated anything could happen between now and the end of the holidays. (assuming this is all happening in December/January). Also as a store we have to do well since they are coming in Wens (3 days), because the vice president of the company along with others are coming to visit our store.

~MintChocoLatte

MintChocoLatte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By MintChocoLatte

I wish it was an assistant manager. I would be promoted to a SGA (Senior Game Advisor) from a GA (Game Advisor). All it is: GA stuff, higher pay, more hours, more responsibility, cash in/out, key holder, Ipads/Iphones, and opening/closing by myself. A GA is just the basic: register, minimum wage (usually), normal processing, filing games, the wall, and doing trades. I've been working there since the beginning of the summer . I actually just did a double shift (11am-4pm and 8pm-1am) for the Call of Duty midnight because someone put their 2 weeks notice prior to that, so I volunteered to do the morning. The other SGA (he was the higher one) quit because of multiple reasons, but he got a management position at his other job. I'll defiantly look into the whole girl thing, but even still the other store is a lot slower, so I would be able to learn more and faster as a SGA there. Granted that is, if all this happens. I wasn't expecting this by a long shot but I have sincerely have worked my butt off. Fingers crossed my friend!

~MintChocoLatte

I'll tell you if I do get it DaVillain