cultural assimilation

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Decko5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 Decko5
Member since 2004 • 9428 Posts
Cultural assimilation, or 'assimilation' for short (but that word also had other meanings), is an intense process of consistent integration whereby members part of an ethno-cultural group, typically immigrants, or other minority groups, are "absorbed" into an established, generally larger community. This presumes a loss of many characteristics which make the newcomers different. A region or society where assimilation is occurring is sometimes referred to as a "melting pot."

how can i demonstrate this in a drawing?

four_aces

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 four_aces
Member since 2007 • 845 Posts
unless you threaten to take my lunch money-i'm not doing your homework for you...:|
Hewkii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Hewkii
Member since 2006 • 26339 Posts
have immigrants being depicted as dropping into a big pot with "USA" written on it.
Big_player

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 Big_player
Member since 2004 • 6187 Posts
maybe have a person of a distinctive cultural group(asian, hispanic) be wearing like that culturals clothing around the head and torso and have it slowly fade into something of another cultural, ie something from chinese cultural fade into a pair of jeans. the only problem is making sure you get the point across that there is definitly a change between one part of the person and the other.
Decko5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Decko5
have immigrants being depicted as dropping into a big pot with "USA" written on it.Hewkii
nice :) thanks
Decko5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Decko5
have immigrants being depicted as dropping into a big pot with "USA" written on it.Hewkii
it has to be a big picture of urbanization so i wanna g et the point across but keep it simple. cause i have to fit a lot
Avatar image for Rey_Mysterio_18
Rey_Mysterio_18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Rey_Mysterio_18
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
Draw Mexicans crossing the border :|