This topic is locked from further discussion.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58837 Posts

First trailer for Rocky spinoff "Creed".

Thoughts?

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

Looks like more MTV generation trash.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e9044657a310
deactivated-5e9044657a310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 deactivated-5e9044657a310
Member since 2005 • 8136 Posts

Rocky is one of my favorite film series, But I don't get the math.

Apollo died in Rocky IV which was set in 1985.

If Creed (don't know the characters first name) Was conceived and born that year, that makes him 30. That's the absolute youngest he could be, and still be Apollo's son.

Creed here doesn't look 30, and while Rocky was in his 30's during the first Rocky, he'd also been a down and out club fighter for 15 years with almost 50 fights already.

They will have to really sell it that Creed would wallow in the clubs for 10 years as a club fighter before finding Rock to train him.

jasean79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 jasean79
Member since 2005 • 2593 Posts

I'd watch it.

If I had free tix to see it in the movies. Otherwise, I'll wait for TV.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By uninspiredcup

@Nuck81 said:

If Creed (don't know the characters first name) Was conceived and born that year, that makes him 30. That's the absolute youngest he could be, and still be Apollo's son.

Creed here doesn't look 30, and while Rocky was in his 30's during the first Rocky, he'd also been a down and out club fighter for 15 years with almost 50 fights already.

They will have to really sell it that Creed would wallow in the clubs for 10 years as a club fighter before finding Rock to train him.

The actor playing him is 28.

The idea of the opposite being used, someone privileged living the in shadow of someone who did start at the bottom sounds like an interesting flip.

It's difficult to tell anything from the trailer, which is nice change from trailers giving away , everything. The Dark Knight Rises and Terminator Genisys practically gave the entire plot of the movie before it was even out to get peoples asses in the cinema.

A very good trailer imo. Very wise to not cheap out and put Stallon at the forefront or force the Rocky theme. Lots of callbacks for fans (the fight was private) that seems tied into the plot-line rather than ham-fisted "come with me if you want to live" hu-hu-hu.

Classy trailer.

jasean79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 jasean79
Member since 2005 • 2593 Posts

@Nuck81 said:

I think you're putting too much thought into this.

There are other inconsistencies with Rocky films. Like, how Rocky's son aged practically 6 years from Rocky IV to Rocky V, when in the movies themselves no time lapse happened between films.

Granted, the Apollo Creed's son bit seems a little cheesy, but I think they had to have a more "personal" tie to Rocky in order to make the movie more original. Otherwise, it's just a repeat of Rocky V.

Catalli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By Catalli  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 3453 Posts

Yay another boxing movie

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By uninspiredcup

@jasean79 said:
@Nuck81 said:

I think you're putting too much thought into this.

There are other inconsistencies with Rocky films. Like, how Rocky's son aged practically 6 years from Rocky IV to Rocky V, when in the movies themselves no time lapse happened between films.

Granted, the Apollo Creed's son bit seems a little cheesy, but I think they had to have a more "personal" tie to Rocky in order to make the movie more original. Otherwise, it's just a repeat of Rocky V.

Surprised didn't bring up Paulie's futuristic sex-bot, which most households now own.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#9  Edited By Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

Not a bad trailer. Creed's son sounds bitter, don't know about privilege.

"I don't know him [talking about Apollo]." "That got nothin' to do with me."

“I’ve been fighting my whole life, it’s not a choice for me,"

"Every punch I’ve ever thrown has been on my own. Nobody showed me how to do this."

Stallone's understated, short appearance (at least in the trailer) was well done.

bmanva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 bmanva
Member since 2002 • 4680 Posts

lol @ YT comments.
"Oh I thought this was going to be a movie about the 90's rock band. Dangit"