Creative Talent Behind Netflix's Daredevil Series Announced

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by Hallenbeck77 (14360 posts) -

Drew Goddard, the director and co-writer of Cabin in the Woods will serve as the driving force behind Netflix's upcoming Daredevil series, Marvel announced yesterday. Not only will he be the executive producer and showrunner, he will also direct the first episode, which is set to premiere in 2015.

I figured with some of the more recent comic related announcements, thought some might be interested. What do you think of the chances of it being any good?

#2 Edited by foxhound_fox (87366 posts) -

I always thought Daredevil was kind of interesting. Hopefully they won't be casting Ben Affleck.

#3 Posted by Hallenbeck77 (14360 posts) -

I think his Batman role has him tied up for awhile. Curious to see how this will turn out.

#4 Edited by LJS9502_basic (150066 posts) -

I hope it's good. TV is such a wasteland. Currently I use it for Penguin games and Arrow.

#5 Posted by HuggyBear1020 (456 posts) -

It's pretty sad when the theme song is better than the movie itself. Dammit I can't get this song out of my head now.

#6 Posted by solidruss (23671 posts) -

It has potential, maybe learn from thier mistakes with the Daredevil movie.

#7 Edited by BranKetra (47845 posts) -

Daredevil is not my favorite Marvel character, but I like when other superheroes appear with him or as him such as Iron Fist.

#8 Posted by SaintLeonidas (25894 posts) -

Hope it works out. Daredevil is a character that could make for a good TV show because his life outside his "suit" could make for just as much drama as when he is fighting crime.

#9 Edited by GazaAli (22492 posts) -

Is it just me or superheros-based works and franchises are having one powerful surge?

Is the Zombie genre finally retiring? For a while at least.

#10 Posted by Hallenbeck77 (14360 posts) -

Daredevil is not my favorite Marvel character, but I like when other superheroes appear with him or as him such as Iron Fist.

Well, Iron Fist will be getting his own show as well, along with Luke Cage and Jessica Jones--it all leads up to the Defenders mini-series.

#11 Edited by BranKetra (47845 posts) -

@BranKetra said:

Well, Iron Fist will be getting his own show as well, along with Luke Cage and Jessica Jones--it all leads up to the Defenders mini-series.

I know about the other shows. I was saying the only Daredevil-focused media I actually ever did anything with was that movie with Ben Affleck. I will give the show a chance, but I expect the others to be better.