Cousin of murdered Palestinian beaten by Israeli police

  • 103 results
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
#51 Posted by lostrib (37634 posts) -

@byof_america said:

I asked 4 years ago why the heck we're supporting such a vicious state like Israel and here I am today still wondering the same thing. It seems like they're trying to speed along some Torah and Biblical prophecies through instigating war and trying to force the Big Man's hand.

who is we?

#52 Posted by LJS9502_basic (151410 posts) -

What happens when both sides engage. But of course this is only one side. How unbiased.

#53 Posted by indzman (18106 posts) -

I've no idea about israel politics , last read on newpapers three teenage boys were killed by a opposite faction and now its chaos in there :(

#54 Posted by Wilfred_Owen (20876 posts) -

What? Something happened between Israel and Palestinian? Oh no..........I'm surprised, these kinds of things don't happen often do they?

#55 Posted by TTv2 (9 posts) -

Israel should use it's nukes on the West Bank. No sense in letting them go to waste.

#56 Edited by byof_america (1386 posts) -

@lostrib: I thought the US supports Israel?

#57 Posted by II_Seraphim_II (20494 posts) -

I personally believe that at this point in the Israeli/Palestinian conflict both sides are just wrong. Sure it may seem like Israel is "more wrong" because they are the larger military power and they proudly and openly defy UN resolutions with the US's support, but in reality, Palestine does some pretty horrible things to Israel too. There are no good guys in this story, just people killing each other. Imagine this: An adult shoots and kills a 10 year old boy. That's a horrific tragedy and the whole world goes up in arms about what a horrible human being this adult is. Now, lets imagine a 10 year old boy pulls out a gun and shoots an adult. Yes, the world still sees it as a tragedy but not nearly on the same level as an adult shooting a 10 year old, when in reality they are both equally as bad. That's whats happening between Israel and Palestine. Both sides do equally horrific things, but since Israel is the big gun and has the support of a super power, its looks a lot worse when they do it. It looks a lot worse when the big guy steps on the small guy than the other way around.

#58 Posted by hippiesanta (9890 posts) -

@Crunchy_Nuts said:

Obvious smear campaign against Israel is obvious. Israel has only every acted in defence, never in aggression.

This THis This

#59 Edited by Hiddai (6086 posts) -

There are many false rumors now through Whatsapp mostly about a large military operation that is soon to happen in the next few hours...

#60 Posted by comp_atkins (31473 posts) -

@pie-junior said:

ITT: ali doesn't understand that the american public is constantly bombarded with images of similar actions done by american police to american citizens, and so does not understand why noone is as outraged as him

lol. in the US we call that a tuesday

#61 Posted by Hiddai (6086 posts) -

@comp_atkins said:

@pie-junior said:

ITT: ali doesn't understand that the american public is constantly bombarded with images of similar actions done by american police to american citizens, and so does not understand why noone is as outraged as him

lol. in the US we call that a tuesday

It happenes on every country honestly...

#62 Posted by Hiddai (6086 posts) -

EDIT: Now it seems that there IS something serious going on near Gaza Strip...

#63 Posted by thegerg (15444 posts) -

What did he do?

#64 Edited by BSC14 (3893 posts) -

No matter what really happens in that area there are some who automatically assume it's all Israel's doing. They are automatically the bad guys.

#65 Posted by Hiddai (6086 posts) -

@thegerg:

probably threw stones at the police. A lot of palestinian teens do that often. (I do not justify the police reaction though)

OMG i am not believing i am saying it on gamespot because it sounds like a troll or a spam but i am actually being fired by rockets. There was an alarm in my city's far suberb.

EDIT: False alarm but in the news they ask the people to stay alerted. WTF

#66 Posted by dave123321 (34134 posts) -

@Hiddai: stay stafe. Best wishes

#67 Posted by sonicare (53485 posts) -

No one beats our citizens!!!

#68 Edited by HoolaHoopMan (7805 posts) -

Brutality and aggression reactions are only going to make an already 'impossible' situation even worse. The hard line approach isn't helping Israel at all.

#69 Posted by Hiddai (6086 posts) -

Now there is an military operation going on. I feel stupid because i am flying to a vacation now (after i press 'post reply' i will be on my way to the airport lol)

I won't be called, nor my friends, for reserve military units. It's the 2nd time i go aborad while there are clashes. The operation is still on a low key. No ground forces entered yet only airforce. Over 160 rockets fell on south Israel from 8 to 12 PM and the Prime Minister of us didn't want to enter Gaza but he probably suffered from pressure came from the many citizen there.

Hope for peace everybody :)))

#70 Edited by Toxic-Seahorse (4135 posts) -

@wis3boi said:

both sides are shit

This. Both sides do shitty things and cry that they're being attack by the other. Both sides tend to ignore their own atrocities when pointing our the other's. If it wasn't so deadly it would almost be comical.

If we don't show much outrage or attention over this it's because we're kinda tired of hearing the same thing over and over again from both sides. It's hard to sympathize for anyone when both sides are at fault. Sure it's terrible that innocent people are being killed, but when you can't support either side what do you do?

#71 Posted by sherman-tank1 (8148 posts) -

It seems every few years there is a flareup. Operation Pillar of Defense (I think that was what they called it), the Gaza War in 09, and the invasion of Lebanon in 06. This is right on schedule.

#72 Posted by GazaAli (22974 posts) -

Its bewildering how the people who keep saying "both sides are shit and they tend to forget about their own atrocities against the other" fail to grasp the reality of things through a simple comparison of death tolls. Better yet, they fail to apprehend the fact that Israel remains an occupying force on Palestinian territories and that settlements are simply illegitimate and unlawful.

Very peculiar. The world has forgotten what it means to be occupied and fight occupation. I guess the world has different priorities these days *shrug*

#73 Edited by toast_burner (21751 posts) -

@GazaAli said:

Its bewildering how the people who keep saying "both sides are shit and they tend to forget about their own atrocities against the other" fail to grasp the reality of things through a simple comparison of death tolls. Better yet, they fail to apprehend the fact that Israel remains an occupying force on Palestinian territories and that settlements are simply illegitimate and unlawful.

Very peculiar. The world has forgotten what it means to be occupied and fight occupation. I guess the world has different priorities these days *shrug*

I thought you said what happens in other countries is not anyone's business but the people from that country?

#74 Posted by GazaAli (22974 posts) -

@Toxic-Seahorse said:

@wis3boi said:

both sides are shit

This. Both sides do shitty things and cry that they're being attack by the other. Both sides tend to ignore their own atrocities when pointing our the other's. If it wasn't so deadly it would almost be comical.

If we don't show much outrage or attention over this it's because we're kinda tired of hearing the same thing over and over again from both sides. It's hard to sympathize for anyone when both sides are at fault. Sure it's terrible that innocent people are being killed, but when you can't support either side what do you do?

Assuming this how it really is, then you do actually not support either sides, it is the least you could do (or not do) about it. You let them sort it out between each other. However, Israel would have never existed nor persisted without the support of the Europeans and the Americans. Some of you guys are either amnesic or detached from reality, possibly both.

#75 Posted by GazaAli (22974 posts) -

@toast_burner said:

@GazaAli said:

Its bewildering how the people who keep saying "both sides are shit and they tend to forget about their own atrocities against the other" fail to grasp the reality of things through a simple comparison of death tolls. Better yet, they fail to apprehend the fact that Israel remains an occupying force on Palestinian territories and that settlements are simply illegitimate and unlawful.

Very peculiar. The world has forgotten what it means to be occupied and fight occupation. I guess the world has different priorities these days *shrug*

I thought you said what happens in other countries is not anyone's business but the people from that country?

I shall repeat myself:

"Assuming this how it really is, then you do actually not support either sides, it is the least you could do (or not do) about it. You let them sort it out between each other. However, Israel would have never existed nor persisted without the support of the Europeans and the Americans. Some of you guys are either amnesic or detached from reality, possibly both."

#76 Posted by toast_burner (21751 posts) -

@GazaAli said:

@toast_burner said:

@GazaAli said:

Its bewildering how the people who keep saying "both sides are shit and they tend to forget about their own atrocities against the other" fail to grasp the reality of things through a simple comparison of death tolls. Better yet, they fail to apprehend the fact that Israel remains an occupying force on Palestinian territories and that settlements are simply illegitimate and unlawful.

Very peculiar. The world has forgotten what it means to be occupied and fight occupation. I guess the world has different priorities these days *shrug*

I thought you said what happens in other countries is not anyone's business but the people from that country?

I shall repeat myself:

"Assuming this how it really is, then you do actually not support either sides, it is the least you could do (or not do) about it. You let them sort it out between each other. However, Israel would have never existed nor persisted without the support of the Europeans and the Americans. Some of you guys are either amnesic or detached from reality, possibly both."

That doesn't really answer my question. And besides Besides Israel was founded in 1948. My generation had no say in it and neither did the generation before me. Should Britain still be held accountable for what happens in America? Or to get more recent should Russia be held accountable for what happens in all the ex soviet union states?

Yes out governments are still supportive of Israel, there are also lots of people here that oppose that. Lumping all Europeans and Americans together and saying "you caused this" is nothing more than generalising.

#77 Posted by GazaAli (22974 posts) -

@toast_burner said:

@GazaAli said:

@toast_burner said:

@GazaAli said:

Its bewildering how the people who keep saying "both sides are shit and they tend to forget about their own atrocities against the other" fail to grasp the reality of things through a simple comparison of death tolls. Better yet, they fail to apprehend the fact that Israel remains an occupying force on Palestinian territories and that settlements are simply illegitimate and unlawful.

Very peculiar. The world has forgotten what it means to be occupied and fight occupation. I guess the world has different priorities these days *shrug*

I thought you said what happens in other countries is not anyone's business but the people from that country?

I shall repeat myself:

"Assuming this how it really is, then you do actually not support either sides, it is the least you could do (or not do) about it. You let them sort it out between each other. However, Israel would have never existed nor persisted without the support of the Europeans and the Americans. Some of you guys are either amnesic or detached from reality, possibly both."

That doesn't really answer my question. And besides Besides Israel was founded in 1948. My generation had no say in it and neither did the generation before me. Should Britain still be held accountable for what happens in America? Or to get more recent should Russia be held accountable for what happens in all the ex soviet union states?

Yes out governments are still supportive of Israel, there are also lots of people here that oppose that. Lumping all Europeans and Americans together and saying "you caused this" is nothing more than generalising.

Considering that Germany is still being held accountable for the Holocaust then why not? Europeans helped establish Israel out of guilt for what they did to the Jews in Europe at a certain point in time. Why aren't Europeans having the same bleeding hearts right now in regard to us? I guess you're too busy with other follies.

But fuck all of that we can just ignore it and put it behind our backs. How about those European and American governments just stop supporting Israel and let us sort this out on our own? I think that's a very reasonable "reparation" to demand don't you think? I think the notion that Israel would be able to sustain itself single handedly is humorous, considering the history, the geography and demography of the region.

Its not a generalization as you did cause this whether you like it or not and whether you approve or do not approve of it at the present time. I don't really care whether this or that person isn't too pro-Israel right now as it does me no good. I may be much more concerned with the stance of this or that European/American government, economic power, influential organization...etc on the issue.

Supporting a morally depraved, wicked and savage artificial state is never in the best interest of your countries and societies. It will come to burden and weigh on you eventually.

#78 Posted by chocolate234 (19 posts) -

Britain had a lower death toll than Germany in WW2. The US had a lower death toll than Japan. Who is right is never based on death tolls in any conflict. It is a far more complex question than that.

#79 Posted by toast_burner (21751 posts) -

@GazaAli said:

@toast_burner said:

@GazaAli said:

@toast_burner said:

@GazaAli said:

Its bewildering how the people who keep saying "both sides are shit and they tend to forget about their own atrocities against the other" fail to grasp the reality of things through a simple comparison of death tolls. Better yet, they fail to apprehend the fact that Israel remains an occupying force on Palestinian territories and that settlements are simply illegitimate and unlawful.

Very peculiar. The world has forgotten what it means to be occupied and fight occupation. I guess the world has different priorities these days *shrug*

I thought you said what happens in other countries is not anyone's business but the people from that country?

I shall repeat myself:

"Assuming this how it really is, then you do actually not support either sides, it is the least you could do (or not do) about it. You let them sort it out between each other. However, Israel would have never existed nor persisted without the support of the Europeans and the Americans. Some of you guys are either amnesic or detached from reality, possibly both."

That doesn't really answer my question. And besides Besides Israel was founded in 1948. My generation had no say in it and neither did the generation before me. Should Britain still be held accountable for what happens in America? Or to get more recent should Russia be held accountable for what happens in all the ex soviet union states?

Yes out governments are still supportive of Israel, there are also lots of people here that oppose that. Lumping all Europeans and Americans together and saying "you caused this" is nothing more than generalising.

Considering that Germany is still being held accountable for the Holocaust then why not? Europeans helped establish Israel out of guilt for what they did to the Jews in Europe at a certain point in time. Why aren't Europeans having the same bleeding hearts right now in regard to us? I guess you're too busy with other follies.

But fuck all of that we can just ignore it and put it behind our backs. How about those European and American governments just stop supporting Israel and let us sort this out on our own? I think that's a very reasonable "reparation" to demand don't you think? I think the notion that Israel would be able to sustain itself single handedly is humorous, considering the history, the geography and demography of the region.

Its not a generalization as you did cause this whether you like it or not and whether you approve or do not approve of it at the present time. I don't really care whether this or that person isn't too pro-Israel right now as it does me no good. I may be much more concerned with the stance of this or that European/American government, economic power, influential organization...etc on the issue.

Supporting a morally depraved, wicked and savage artificial state is never in the best interest of your countries and societies. It will come to burden and weigh on you eventually.

You criticise people for so easily being able to ignore the problems happening over there, yet you're ok with ignoring problems happening in other parts of the world. That last paragraph is pure irony.

You know perfectly well why people don't care. Because you're no different.

#80 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) -

@Master_Live said:

@Newhopes said:

Israeli should never have existed....

Maybe. And I should had finished my bachelors earlier. But we don't live in the world we want but in the world as it is. And like Celine Dion says and that's the way it is. So focus on what are you gonna do going forward.

Your sig...Bluray is gone? Now that I am thinking of it, I haven't seen him post in some time. What happened, was he banned or did he leave?

#81 Edited by indzman (18106 posts) -

@AmazonTreeBoa said:

@Master_Live said:

@Newhopes said:

Israeli should never have existed....

Maybe. And I should had finished my bachelors earlier. But we don't live in the world we want but in the world as it is. And like Celine Dion says and that's the way it is. So focus on what are you gonna do going forward.

Your sig...Bluray is gone? Now that I am thinking of it, I haven't seen him post in some time. What happened, was he banned or did he leave?

He ragequited as many users were always making fun of him on OT :(

#82 Posted by toast_burner (21751 posts) -

@AmazonTreeBoa said:

@Master_Live said:

@Newhopes said:

Israeli should never have existed....

Maybe. And I should had finished my bachelors earlier. But we don't live in the world we want but in the world as it is. And like Celine Dion says and that's the way it is. So focus on what are you gonna do going forward.

Your sig...Bluray is gone? Now that I am thinking of it, I haven't seen him post in some time. What happened, was he banned or did he leave?

He said some stuff about how women shouldn't have the right to choose who they have sex with, then he got angry about people not respecting his opinions and left.

#83 Posted by indzman (18106 posts) -

@toast_burner said:

@AmazonTreeBoa said:

@Master_Live said:

@Newhopes said:

Israeli should never have existed....

Maybe. And I should had finished my bachelors earlier. But we don't live in the world we want but in the world as it is. And like Celine Dion says and that's the way it is. So focus on what are you gonna do going forward.

Your sig...Bluray is gone? Now that I am thinking of it, I haven't seen him post in some time. What happened, was he banned or did he leave?

He said some stuff about how women shouldn't have the right to choose who they have sex with, then he got angry about people not respecting his opinions and left.

rapeland , animal abuse , mark wahlberg is racist , Having unprotected sex with prostitutes , Prostitutes should not be respected ... i can go on and on .

Still , he never insulted any users around here and was kinda a freindly guy , miss him LOL.

#84 Posted by GazaAli (22974 posts) -

@toast_burner said:

@GazaAli said:

@toast_burner said:

@GazaAli said:

@toast_burner said:

@GazaAli said:

Its bewildering how the people who keep saying "both sides are shit and they tend to forget about their own atrocities against the other" fail to grasp the reality of things through a simple comparison of death tolls. Better yet, they fail to apprehend the fact that Israel remains an occupying force on Palestinian territories and that settlements are simply illegitimate and unlawful.

Very peculiar. The world has forgotten what it means to be occupied and fight occupation. I guess the world has different priorities these days *shrug*

I thought you said what happens in other countries is not anyone's business but the people from that country?

I shall repeat myself:

"Assuming this how it really is, then you do actually not support either sides, it is the least you could do (or not do) about it. You let them sort it out between each other. However, Israel would have never existed nor persisted without the support of the Europeans and the Americans. Some of you guys are either amnesic or detached from reality, possibly both."

That doesn't really answer my question. And besides Besides Israel was founded in 1948. My generation had no say in it and neither did the generation before me. Should Britain still be held accountable for what happens in America? Or to get more recent should Russia be held accountable for what happens in all the ex soviet union states?

Yes out governments are still supportive of Israel, there are also lots of people here that oppose that. Lumping all Europeans and Americans together and saying "you caused this" is nothing more than generalising.

Considering that Germany is still being held accountable for the Holocaust then why not? Europeans helped establish Israel out of guilt for what they did to the Jews in Europe at a certain point in time. Why aren't Europeans having the same bleeding hearts right now in regard to us? I guess you're too busy with other follies.

But fuck all of that we can just ignore it and put it behind our backs. How about those European and American governments just stop supporting Israel and let us sort this out on our own? I think that's a very reasonable "reparation" to demand don't you think? I think the notion that Israel would be able to sustain itself single handedly is humorous, considering the history, the geography and demography of the region.

Its not a generalization as you did cause this whether you like it or not and whether you approve or do not approve of it at the present time. I don't really care whether this or that person isn't too pro-Israel right now as it does me no good. I may be much more concerned with the stance of this or that European/American government, economic power, influential organization...etc on the issue.

Supporting a morally depraved, wicked and savage artificial state is never in the best interest of your countries and societies. It will come to burden and weigh on you eventually.

You criticise people for so easily being able to ignore the problems happening over there, yet you're ok with ignoring problems happening in other parts of the world. That last paragraph is pure irony.

You know perfectly well why people don't care. Because you're no different.

Now you're just driveling nonsense.

#85 Posted by toast_burner (21751 posts) -

@GazaAli said:

@toast_burner said:

You criticise people for so easily being able to ignore the problems happening over there, yet you're ok with ignoring problems happening in other parts of the world. That last paragraph is pure irony.

You know perfectly well why people don't care. Because you're no different.

Now you're just driveling nonsense.

No. You expect people to care about this because it effects you. But when things don't effect you, you complain when they care. You said it's silly to care about human right abuses in Russia as Russia is far away. Well Palestinian is even further away so shouldn't people care even less?

Like I said, if you want to know why not enough people care, look at yourself. The way you act to other countries is no better than the way people act to yours.

#86 Edited by sherman-tank1 (8148 posts) -

I feel like there is a direct connection between the Israeli settling of Palestinian lands and the fact that every neighbor of Israel has tried to kill them in the past 50 years with ongoing threats from Iran and militants consistently firing rockets and mortars at their cities. Is there any truth to that assumption?

#87 Posted by chocolate234 (19 posts) -

@sherman-tank1 said:

I feel like there is a direct connection between the Israeli settling of Palestinian lands and the fact that every neighbor of Israel has tried to kill them in the past 50 years with ongoing threats from Iran and militants consistently firing rockets and mortars at their cities. Is there any truth to that assumption?

Considering that the phenomenon of 'tried to kill them' goes back a lot closer to 100 years than to 50 years and that most pullouts from previously occupied territory by Israel have been followed by an increase in anti-Israel violence I'd say no.

#88 Edited by GazaAli (22974 posts) -

@toast_burner said:

@GazaAli said:

@toast_burner said:

You criticise people for so easily being able to ignore the problems happening over there, yet you're ok with ignoring problems happening in other parts of the world. That last paragraph is pure irony.

You know perfectly well why people don't care. Because you're no different.

Now you're just driveling nonsense.

No. You expect people to care about this because it effects you. But when things don't effect you, you complain when they care. You said it's silly to care about human right abuses in Russia as Russia is far away. Well Palestinian is even further away so shouldn't people care even less?

Like I said, if you want to know why not enough people care, look at yourself. The way you act to other countries is no better than the way people act to yours.

Its amazing how you're comparing banning profanity in Russia to brutal and innumerable deaths, prolonged savagery, houses' demolition, non-discriminating airstrikes targeting civilian targets, unlawful imprisonment, exile and deprivation of basic human rights all of which have been persisting for decades. I expect people to care about this because its severe human suffering that is not subject to different interpretations, to the sovereignty of states, to cultural relativity, to moral subjectivity...etc. I expect people to care about this because they caused this and they remain a helping hand in it. Your claims of sympathy and compassion towards Russians for what you perceive as human rights violations are disingenuous and deceptive for if you were the kind of benevolent man that would truly sympathize with others and burden himself with human suffering you wouldn't have forced this discussion to devolve into this, considering the fact that the topic speaks of an instance of unmistakable suffering and torment. If your line of reasoning is genuine and morally sound you would have refused to engage me in this manner in the case that I attempted to force you into it. You care about what happens in Russia because western civilization perceives in Russia the only real threat to its hegemony. Western civilization perceives in Russia a bordering nemesis that stands for values and convictions that are antithetical to their western counterparts. This is the only rational explanation to your weird fixation with Russia and what goes on in there. It goes to explain your twisted and deviant priorities of human rights and values.

The analogies you make and the comparison you entertain speak either of your moral depravity or mental deficiency, or both of course.

#89 Edited by toast_burner (21751 posts) -

@GazaAli said:

@toast_burner said:

@GazaAli said:

@toast_burner said:

You criticise people for so easily being able to ignore the problems happening over there, yet you're ok with ignoring problems happening in other parts of the world. That last paragraph is pure irony.

You know perfectly well why people don't care. Because you're no different.

Now you're just driveling nonsense.

No. You expect people to care about this because it effects you. But when things don't effect you, you complain when they care. You said it's silly to care about human right abuses in Russia as Russia is far away. Well Palestinian is even further away so shouldn't people care even less?

Like I said, if you want to know why not enough people care, look at yourself. The way you act to other countries is no better than the way people act to yours.

Its amazing how you're comparing banning profanity in Russia to brutal and innumerable deaths, prolonged savagery, houses' demolition, non-discriminating airstrikes targeting civilian targets, unlawful imprisonment, exile and deprivation of basic human rights all of which have been persisting for decades. I expect people to care about this because its severe human suffering that is not subject to different interpretations, to the sovereignty of states, to cultural relativity, to moral subjectivity...etc. I expect people to care about this because they caused this and they remain a helping hand in it. Your claims of sympathy and compassion towards Russians for what you perceive as human rights violations are disingenuous and deceptive for if you were the kind of benevolent man that would truly sympathize with others and burden himself with human suffering you wouldn't have forced this discussion to devolve into this, considering the fact that the topic speaks of an instance of unmistakable suffering and torment. If your line of reasoning is genuine and morally sound you would have refused to engage me in this manner in the case that I attempted to force you into it. You care about what happens in Russia because western civilization perceives in Russia the only real threat to its hegemony. Western civilization perceives in Russia a bordering nemesis that stands for values and convictions that are antithetical to their western counterparts. This is the only rational explanation to your weird fixation with Russia and what goes on in there. It goes to explain your twisted and deviant priorities of human rights and values.

The analogies you make and the comparison you entertain speak either of your moral depravity or mental deficiency, or both of course.

So lets get this straight. Arresting, killing and assaulting gays is ok. Arresting, killing and assaulting Palestinians is bad? How do you not see the hypocrisy here? You've said numerous times here that if a country wants to discriminate that's there business not ours. Now you're saying it is our business because people are being discriminated against? So which is it?

I'm not trying to undermine the seriousness of this issue. I care a lot about human rights. That's why I'm arguing this. People like you are the ones who allow stuff like this to happen.

#90 Posted by Masculus (2868 posts) -

Fuckin' savages...

#91 Edited by GazaAli (22974 posts) -

@toast_burner said:

@GazaAli said:

@toast_burner said:

@GazaAli said:

@toast_burner said:

You criticise people for so easily being able to ignore the problems happening over there, yet you're ok with ignoring problems happening in other parts of the world. That last paragraph is pure irony.

You know perfectly well why people don't care. Because you're no different.

Now you're just driveling nonsense.

No. You expect people to care about this because it effects you. But when things don't effect you, you complain when they care. You said it's silly to care about human right abuses in Russia as Russia is far away. Well Palestinian is even further away so shouldn't people care even less?

Like I said, if you want to know why not enough people care, look at yourself. The way you act to other countries is no better than the way people act to yours.

Its amazing how you're comparing banning profanity in Russia to brutal and innumerable deaths, prolonged savagery, houses' demolition, non-discriminating airstrikes targeting civilian targets, unlawful imprisonment, exile and deprivation of basic human rights all of which have been persisting for decades. I expect people to care about this because its severe human suffering that is not subject to different interpretations, to the sovereignty of states, to cultural relativity, to moral subjectivity...etc. I expect people to care about this because they caused this and they remain a helping hand in it. Your claims of sympathy and compassion towards Russians for what you perceive as human rights violations are disingenuous and deceptive for if you were the kind of benevolent man that would truly sympathize with others and burden himself with human suffering you wouldn't have forced this discussion to devolve into this, considering the fact that the topic speaks of an instance of unmistakable suffering and torment. If your line of reasoning is genuine and morally sound you would have refused to engage me in this manner in the case that I attempted to force you into it. You care about what happens in Russia because western civilization perceives in Russia the only real threat to its hegemony. Western civilization perceives in Russia a bordering nemesis that stands for values and convictions that are antithetical to their western counterparts. This is the only rational explanation to your weird fixation with Russia and what goes on in there. It goes to explain your twisted and deviant priorities of human rights and values.

The analogies you make and the comparison you entertain speak either of your moral depravity or mental deficiency, or both of course.

So lets get this straight. Arresting, killing and assaulting gays is ok. Arresting, killing and assaulting Palestinians is bad? How do you not see the hypocrisy here? You've said numerous times here that if a country wants to discriminate that's there business not ours. Now you're saying it is our business because people are being discriminated against? So which is it?

I'm not trying to undermine the seriousness of this issue. I care a lot about human rights. That's why I'm arguing this. People like you are the ones who allow stuff like this to happen.

I see you insist on reiterating the same deviant and depraved analogies. Go away then, I have no use for the mentally deficient and morally depraved, for the deceptive and disingenuous.

#92 Edited by indzman (18106 posts) -

well this escalated quickly ...

#93 Posted by toast_burner (21751 posts) -

@GazaAli said:

@toast_burner said:

@GazaAli said:

@toast_burner said:

@GazaAli said:

@toast_burner said:

You criticise people for so easily being able to ignore the problems happening over there, yet you're ok with ignoring problems happening in other parts of the world. That last paragraph is pure irony.

You know perfectly well why people don't care. Because you're no different.

Now you're just driveling nonsense.

No. You expect people to care about this because it effects you. But when things don't effect you, you complain when they care. You said it's silly to care about human right abuses in Russia as Russia is far away. Well Palestinian is even further away so shouldn't people care even less?

Like I said, if you want to know why not enough people care, look at yourself. The way you act to other countries is no better than the way people act to yours.

Its amazing how you're comparing banning profanity in Russia to brutal and innumerable deaths, prolonged savagery, houses' demolition, non-discriminating airstrikes targeting civilian targets, unlawful imprisonment, exile and deprivation of basic human rights all of which have been persisting for decades. I expect people to care about this because its severe human suffering that is not subject to different interpretations, to the sovereignty of states, to cultural relativity, to moral subjectivity...etc. I expect people to care about this because they caused this and they remain a helping hand in it. Your claims of sympathy and compassion towards Russians for what you perceive as human rights violations are disingenuous and deceptive for if you were the kind of benevolent man that would truly sympathize with others and burden himself with human suffering you wouldn't have forced this discussion to devolve into this, considering the fact that the topic speaks of an instance of unmistakable suffering and torment. If your line of reasoning is genuine and morally sound you would have refused to engage me in this manner in the case that I attempted to force you into it. You care about what happens in Russia because western civilization perceives in Russia the only real threat to its hegemony. Western civilization perceives in Russia a bordering nemesis that stands for values and convictions that are antithetical to their western counterparts. This is the only rational explanation to your weird fixation with Russia and what goes on in there. It goes to explain your twisted and deviant priorities of human rights and values.

The analogies you make and the comparison you entertain speak either of your moral depravity or mental deficiency, or both of course.

So lets get this straight. Arresting, killing and assaulting gays is ok. Arresting, killing and assaulting Palestinians is bad? How do you not see the hypocrisy here? You've said numerous times here that if a country wants to discriminate that's there business not ours. Now you're saying it is our business because people are being discriminated against? So which is it?

I'm not trying to undermine the seriousness of this issue. I care a lot about human rights. That's why I'm arguing this. People like you are the ones who allow stuff like this to happen.

I see you insist on reiterating the same deviant and depraved analogies. Go away then, I have no use for the mentally deficient and morally depraved, for the deceptive and disingenuous.

And I see you have no argument. Is it really that hard to admit that your a hypocrite?

So I'll ask you again. Why is it more acceptable to discriminate against gays than it is to discriminate against Palestinians? Seeing how I'm supposedly mentally deranged it shouldn't be hard for you to explain how I'm wrong.

You only expect people to care about this because it effects you. If you weren't from Gaza chances are you would be supporting Israel.

#94 Posted by jasean79 (2375 posts) -

@toast_burner: So lets get this straight. Arresting, killing and assaulting gays is ok. Arresting, killing and assaulting Palestinians is bad?

I haven't read all of Gaza's posts on this board, but where in this thread did he say that "arresting, killing, and assaulting gays is ok"?? Why do you always feel the need to bring "gays" into every argument you have on here? Why can't you just stick to topic and stop with the ridiculous analogies that have nothing to do with the thread?!

#95 Edited by toast_burner (21751 posts) -

@jasean79 said:

@toast_burner: So lets get this straight. Arresting, killing and assaulting gays is ok. Arresting, killing and assaulting Palestinians is bad?

I haven't read all of Gaza's posts on this board, but where in this thread did he say that "arresting, killing, and assaulting gays is ok"?? Why do you always feel the need to bring "gays" into every argument you have on here? Why can't you just stick to topic and stop with the ridiculous analogies that have nothing to do with the thread?!

I don't bring it up in every thread, only when it's relevant. This is a discussion on discrimination. Gays are a discriminated group. You'd have to be incredibly stupid not to see the connection.

He expects people to care about Palestinians being discriminated against. But when it comes to problems in other countries he says that it's none of our business who they discriminate. He has said he supported Russia's fight against gays, a country where gay people are being killed and arrested simply for being gay.

Discrimination is discrimination. It shouldn't matter if they're gay, straight, black, white, Jewish or Arab. The mindset behind discrimination is always the same. So if he thinks it's ok to discriminate against gays then obviously deep down in his mind he knows why people discriminate against Palestinians. If he can remain apathetic to discrimination against women then he knows how people can be apathetic to discrimination against Palestinians. He is part of the problem. He has the same mindset as the Israelis who are attacking Palestinians. He just aims his hatred at a different group.

#96 Posted by GazaAli (22974 posts) -

@jasean79 said:

@toast_burner: So lets get this straight. Arresting, killing and assaulting gays is ok. Arresting, killing and assaulting Palestinians is bad?

I haven't read all of Gaza's posts on this board, but where in this thread did he say that "arresting, killing, and assaulting gays is ok"?? Why do you always feel the need to bring "gays" into every argument you have on here? Why can't you just stick to topic and stop with the ridiculous analogies that have nothing to do with the thread?!

Personally, I have noticed that LGBT people have this unstoppable urge to always validate their choices and how they live their lives. Its probably why there is always an abundance in LGBT parades and other forms of gay "pride". Its also probably why they appear angry for no reason sometimes and feel the need to bring up the topic of the LGBT movement all the time, with complete disregard to context and courtesy.

Its a personal observation though, I could be wrong of course.

#97 Posted by toast_burner (21751 posts) -

@GazaAli said:

@jasean79 said:

@toast_burner: So lets get this straight. Arresting, killing and assaulting gays is ok. Arresting, killing and assaulting Palestinians is bad?

I haven't read all of Gaza's posts on this board, but where in this thread did he say that "arresting, killing, and assaulting gays is ok"?? Why do you always feel the need to bring "gays" into every argument you have on here? Why can't you just stick to topic and stop with the ridiculous analogies that have nothing to do with the thread?!

Personally, I have noticed that LGBT people have this unstoppable urge to always validate their choices and how they live their lives. Its probably why there is always an abundance in LGBT parades and other forms of gay "pride". Its also probably why they appear angry for no reason sometimes and feel the need to bring up the topic of the LGBT movement all the time, with complete disregard to context and courtesy.

Its a personal observation though, I could be wrong of course.

And why do you feel the need to validate your life style? If it's wrong for gays to point out the atrocities happening in the world to them then surely it's wrong for anyone to do that.

Again what makes it ok to discriminate against some groups and what makes it wrong to discriminate against others? Why don't you actually read my posts? I've made it clear how the two are connected.

#98 Edited by jasean79 (2375 posts) -

@GazaAli said:

@jasean79 said:

@toast_burner: So lets get this straight. Arresting, killing and assaulting gays is ok. Arresting, killing and assaulting Palestinians is bad?

I haven't read all of Gaza's posts on this board, but where in this thread did he say that "arresting, killing, and assaulting gays is ok"?? Why do you always feel the need to bring "gays" into every argument you have on here? Why can't you just stick to topic and stop with the ridiculous analogies that have nothing to do with the thread?!

Personally, I have noticed that LGBT people have this unstoppable urge to always validate their choices and how they live their lives. Its probably why there is always an abundance in LGBT parades and other forms of gay "pride". Its also probably why they appear angry for no reason sometimes and feel the need to bring up the topic of the LGBT movement all the time, with complete disregard to context and courtesy.

Its a personal observation though, I could be wrong of course.

Actually, you make a valid point, one that I can agree with. They want to be treated as "people" and "equals", yet they constantly feel the need to bring up their sexual preferences, regardless of what they're involved in.

Perfect example: I was watching a show on Spike TV called 'Inkmaster'. It's a reality tattoo competition. Last season saw its first gay tattoo artist. Every episode he brought up the fact that he was gay and how difficult it was for him to make in the industry. At one point in the show, he even used his homosexuality to justify why the judges were critiquing him poorly on his artwork, to which they replied that they were basing it solely off the tattoo and his sexual preference had no relevance to the judging.

So, here you have a program that has absolutely nothing to do sexual attraction, yet he felt it necessary to "defend himself" because he's gay. You see this more and more everyday. It's like they want people to dislike them because they're gay or something. If they want to be treated as an equal, then start acting like one - that's what I say. I don't bring up my differences in every conversation that I have with people, especially if it has no relevance to the conversation. It's really becoming tiring.

#99 Posted by toast_burner (21751 posts) -

@jasean79 said:

@GazaAli said:

@jasean79 said:

@toast_burner: So lets get this straight. Arresting, killing and assaulting gays is ok. Arresting, killing and assaulting Palestinians is bad?

I haven't read all of Gaza's posts on this board, but where in this thread did he say that "arresting, killing, and assaulting gays is ok"?? Why do you always feel the need to bring "gays" into every argument you have on here? Why can't you just stick to topic and stop with the ridiculous analogies that have nothing to do with the thread?!

Personally, I have noticed that LGBT people have this unstoppable urge to always validate their choices and how they live their lives. Its probably why there is always an abundance in LGBT parades and other forms of gay "pride". Its also probably why they appear angry for no reason sometimes and feel the need to bring up the topic of the LGBT movement all the time, with complete disregard to context and courtesy.

Its a personal observation though, I could be wrong of course.

Actually, you make a valid point, one that I can agree with. They want to be treated as "people" and "equals", yet they constantly feel the need to bring up their sexual preferences, regardless of what they're involved in.

Perfect example: I was watching a show on Spike TV called 'Inkmaster'. It's a reality tattoo competition. Last season saw its first gay tattoo artist. Every episode he brought up the fact that he was gay and how difficult it was for him to make in the industry. At one point in the show, he even used his homosexuality to justify why the judges were critiquing him poorly on his artwork, to which they replied that they were basing it solely off the tattoo and his sexual preference had no relevance to the judging.

So, here you have a program that has absolutely nothing to do sexual attraction, yet he felt it necessary to "defend himself" because he's gay. You see this more and more everyday. It's like they want people to dislike them because they're gay or something. If they want to be treated as an equal, then start acting like one - that's what I say. I don't bring up my differences in every conversation that I have with people, especially if it has no relevance to the conversation. It's really becoming tiring.

Unless I'm mistaken you're a Christian aren't you? If there was a person saying that Christians should be arrested and cut of from society, but then he started complaining that he was also being discriminated against. Would you not call him out on the obvious hypocrisy?

Gaza is complaining about discrimination against his people. Yet he constantly argues in favour of discrimination. He want's a solution to his problems but when one is offered to him he refuses it.

#100 Posted by GazaAli (22974 posts) -

@jasean79 said:

@GazaAli said:

@jasean79 said:

@toast_burner: So lets get this straight. Arresting, killing and assaulting gays is ok. Arresting, killing and assaulting Palestinians is bad?

I haven't read all of Gaza's posts on this board, but where in this thread did he say that "arresting, killing, and assaulting gays is ok"?? Why do you always feel the need to bring "gays" into every argument you have on here? Why can't you just stick to topic and stop with the ridiculous analogies that have nothing to do with the thread?!

Personally, I have noticed that LGBT people have this unstoppable urge to always validate their choices and how they live their lives. Its probably why there is always an abundance in LGBT parades and other forms of gay "pride". Its also probably why they appear angry for no reason sometimes and feel the need to bring up the topic of the LGBT movement all the time, with complete disregard to context and courtesy.

Its a personal observation though, I could be wrong of course.

Actually, you make a valid point, one that I can agree with. They want to be treated as "people" and "equals", yet they constantly feel the need to bring up their sexual preferences, regardless of what they're involved in.

Perfect example: I was watching a show on Spike TV called 'Inkmaster'. It's a reality tattoo competition. Last season saw its first gay tattoo artist. Every episode he brought up the fact that he was gay and how difficult it was for him to make in the industry. At one point in the show, he even used his homosexuality to justify why the judges were critiquing him poorly on his artwork, to which they replied that they were basing it solely off the tattoo and his sexual preference had no relevance to the judging.

So, here you have a program that has absolutely nothing to do sexual attraction, yet he felt it necessary to "defend himself" because he's gay. You see this more and more everyday. It's like they want people to dislike them because they're gay or something. If they want to be treated as an equal, then start acting like one - that's what I say. I don't bring up my differences in every conversation that I have with people, especially if it has no relevance to the conversation. It's really becoming tiring.

It must be really annoying to constantly come across such nuisances. It makes you cringe so bad that you just want bash your head against the wall.