Controversial Video - Did This Prank Call Go Too Far? (Twitch Raid)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Wakeupnow1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Controversial Video - Did This Prank Call Go Too Far? (Twitch Raid) (7 votes)

Not funny - That poor kid 43%
Not funny - Boring / Video isn't well done 29%
Funny - lol 29%

A gameplay streamer on Twitch was being targeted by one of these "Twitch raids" that are growing in popularity. I don't know how but they found out his phone number and called his mom during live stream.

I'm wondering: Do you think they've crossed the line with the stuff they've done and told his mom? Like... that poor kid? Note the mom says in the video that the streamer is underage.

Or is it just a harmless prank to you? Those things are becoming more frequent and Twitch raids have become daily routine.

English is not my first language. Cheers.

• 
Ribstaylor1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Ribstaylor1
Member since 2014 • 2186 Posts

Ya they did. But WTF is wrong with kids these days, and especially their dumb fucking parents. He's not even 18 and he's throwing himself online and literally inviting in the world with open arms like hey nothing bad can happen I'm only a kid. Look at that site younow. Full of kids being watched by old men, and all of them sit there and advertise all of their social media like allowing the whole of the world to know that isn't a possible recipe for disaster. In the end the people who called are in the wrong, but this kid shouldn't be so free caring with his online information, and his mother should probably learn her kid is broadcasting himself to potentially anyone on the net, with very little concern for her or his safety in mind.

His own fault this shit happened, maybe this will teach him a lesson to not be so free caring with what he does online.

Ps, Didn't vote non of them fit my views of the situation.

dylandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#2 dylandr
Member since 2015 • 4940 Posts

@wakeupnow1

@ribstaylor1: I completely agree with you!
As for voting: There schould be a 4th named "Cut the crap and stop freaking "pranking" people" like really people!

Wakeupnow1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Wakeupnow1
Member since 2015 • 25 Posts

@dylandr: Why so grumpy?

dylandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By dylandr

@wakeupnow1: Because this is a serious matter and it shouldn't be laughed about, would you like it if your mom was called by a stranger as a "raidprank"?

don't think so!

People who think this is funny should be ashamed of themselves, REALLY ASHAMED...

dylandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 dylandr

@Iszdope: Fixed it ^^ (English isn't my main langauge so minor mistakes can be made) x)

dylandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 dylandr

@Iszdope: Thx for pointing it out :)

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#10 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

She wasn't believing it at first so props to her but LMAO fell for it at the end.

Wakeupnow1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Wakeupnow1
Member since 2015 • 25 Posts

@Gaming-Planet: lol that happens when parents have no clue what their kids are doing on the internet. Apparently she didn't even know Twitch.

Renevent42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 Renevent42
Member since 2010 • 6654 Posts

I dunno...maybe. Kinda seems like the prank calls (Jerky Boys anyone?!?!) from my day. If I were to say the difference though I think it's not appropriate to mess with children...I mean what if the Mom believed these two dick heads? She would have punished him for harassment when he didn't do it? That's really crossing the line...

This video didn't specifically deal with it but the other one is the police raid calls...that's seriously messed up. They are literally wasting public resources and putting people's lives in danger.

RadecSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#13  Edited By RadecSupreme
Member since 2009 • 4824 Posts

People who do this are really stupid.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b797108c254e
deactivated-5b797108c254e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#14 deactivated-5b797108c254e
Member since 2013 • 11245 Posts

In the middle of all this I don't think anyone is innocent. The people who called are obviously assholes, the kid was way over his head and his mom was completely oblivious and there's obviously some trust issues there anyway. Still, hope it got solved in the end. Not as bad as sending the SWAT team over to your house (or maybe it is, at least with the SWAT it's over in a few minutes) but still pretty disgusting...don't see how anybody out of their teens would find this funny.