Conspiracy Theories: The Mandela Effect

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
Member since 2005 • 7914 Posts

Alright I been spending a bit too much time on YouTube and came across the Mandela Effect. Reality is changing because CERN is releasing demons with quantum computers. Something like that.

What led me to make a thread was the recent SNL episode. During the game show (they milk the hell out of game shows), the announcer says "finish the sentence, life is like a box..." Referring to the Forrest Gump line when the actual line is "life WAS like a box of chocolates."

Here's a list of Mandela Effects:

People remember vs Realty

-Nelson Mandela died years ago vs Mandela released from jail

-Luke I am your father vs No, I am your father

-Sex in the City vs Sex and the City

-Black Eyed Peas, I'm so 2008 vs I'm so 3008

-Monopoly guy had a monocle vs he doesn't

-Pickachu had a black streak on the tail vs it doesn't

-The Berenstein vs The Berenstain

-C P30 is all gold vs C P30 has a silver leg

-Mona Lisa doesn't smile vs now she smiles

-Mirror, mirror on the wall vs Magic mirror on the wall

I remember: The Simsons and NTV instead of The Simpsons and MTV. Well I was like 4 years old.

I think the main cause of this phenomenon is that a lot of these quotes were before the internet, before people could fact check, so things were misquoted. And of course people have horrible memory. What do you make of this?

nathanbats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#2  Edited By nathanbats
Member since 2016 • 1057 Posts

I still don't know how some people think because they have a collective misremembering,they are creating alternate universes.

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

@nathanbats said:

I still don't know how some people think because they have a collective misremembering,they are creating alternate universes.

Pretty much this. "Conspiracy Theorist" (that actually do NOT have a theory) tend to come up with the craziest explanations for simple situations.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38677 Posts

humans do have awful memory, even when they're sure they are remembering something correctly

also, forrest's mom does say "is"

Loading Video...

lastly, it's berenstein. we just live in an alternate universe now, back to the future part 2 style :P

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#5 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58302 Posts

@nathanbats said:

pretty much this

we are herd animals. I hear someone in a group mis-quote something, I haven't seen said film in a few years, I and no one else corrects them because we don't care or are not sure...suddenly we all think that is how it goes.

add in the internet, a dash of paranoia, a sprinkle of troll, and mix thoroughly. Voila, suddenly people are creating alternative universes/timelines.

Kruiz_Bathory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#6 Kruiz_Bathory
Member since 2009 • 4765 Posts

It makes a nice concept for a book or movie...or wait: Steins;Gate

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#7 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

When it comes to the LHC, anything is possible, especially with the side effects it's causing in the earths magnetic field.

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ArchoNils2

@MarcRecon said:

When it comes to the LHC, anything is possible, especially with the side effects it's causing in the earths magnetic field.

I'm sure this statement is based on facts. Would you like to share some links that aren't from some insane freaks?

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By MarcRecon

@ArchoNils2 said:
@MarcRecon said:

I'm sure this statement is based on facts. Would you like to share some links that aren't from some insane freaks?

It's more of an opinion, but how much of a genius do you have to be to know that smashing particles down to their lowest form isn't doing us or our planet any favors. :)

KOD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#10  Edited By KOD
Member since 2016 • 2754 Posts

When it comes to the SW things, i think its funny, i know the subject and i know where all these interpretations come from. So on that subject, none of its a mystery.

That said, i can see how someone could start to question things and maybe subscribe a bit (i dont understand the people convinced of it) and consider it possible and this is because i was reading one of the "effects" and it was an example of Sinbad the actor, playing a genie. Apparently this never happened. Now the strange thing is about a month before i read about this i was having a conversation with my brother trying to figure out what movie it was that we saw, where Sinbad played a genie. He remembered it, we saw the movie, but could not remember the title. At the time it was whatever, a normal conversation and we left it at that. I forgot to look it up and that was that. But then i read the article i did and there are thousands of people who also remember this. One person described it, and it was to a tee from what i and my brother remembered. Many of the people who spoke of this movie and described it, ran video rental places at the time and someone even dug up a picture of him in a genie uniform but he has been on the record stating he has never done a genie movie or tv show or commercial. Its just weird... Even as i say it all and reflect on it, its just...wow, amazing, something here's right? But then you have to step back and understand that its all confirmation bias headed your way and understand whats happening.... even when if its the coincidence it most likely is, its fucking incredible.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14801 Posts

It's Berenstein Bears!

KOD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By KOD

@Kruiz_Bathory said:

It makes a nice concept for a book or movie...or wait: Steins;Gate

Steins;Gate was based on John Titor and his experiences with time travel, not the Mandela effect.

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ArchoNils2

@MarcRecon said:
@ArchoNils2 said:
@MarcRecon said:

It's more of an opinion, but how much of a genius do you have to be to know that smashing particles down to their lowest form isn't doing us or our planet any favors. :)

Oh I see, so this is a post-factual alternative truth.

Also I wonder why parallel dimensions are the reason? Couldn't it also be drugs from reptiloid illuminati or errors in the computer simulation we live in? Maybe the LHC is in reality a brain manipulation sender that creates false memories to make us insane?

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 MarcRecon

@ArchoNils2 said:
@MarcRecon said:
@ArchoNils2 said:
@MarcRecon said:

Oh I see, so this is a post-factual alternative truth.

Also I wonder why parallel dimensions are the reason? Couldn't it also be drugs from reptiloid illuminati or errors in the computer simulation we live in? Maybe the LHC is in reality a brain manipulation sender that creates false memories to make us insane?

You tell me, you seem to know more about those topics then I do fella! lol

Kruiz_Bathory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#15 Kruiz_Bathory
Member since 2009 • 4765 Posts

@kod: never said it was based on it. I was talking about the concept.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
Member since 2005 • 7914 Posts

@comp_atkins: I just rolled with the Forrest Gump theory that it says 'was' but never watched the clip. Now I know I'm not going insane!

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23912 Posts

Tell someone a story, have him passs it on to the next and so on... eventually the story will get corrupted.

People often have a habit of remembering what is convenient. Pikachu's black tipped tail, probably has a lot to do with Pichu. And well the cosplay pikachu, which DID have a black tip.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b19214ec908b
deactivated-5b19214ec908b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 deactivated-5b19214ec908b
Member since 2007 • 25072 Posts

I find it amazing that some people are so narcissistic that rather than accept that they were wrong about something they instead insist that they are correct but they have been transported to an alternate dimension that is exactly the same except that thing they were correct about is now wrong.

KOD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 KOD

@Kruiz_Bathory said:

@kod: never said it was based on it. I was talking about the concept.

Right. Different concepts. One is time travel the other is clashing multi-verses.

DerekLoffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

#20 DerekLoffin
Member since 2002 • 9095 Posts

Beam me up, Scotty!

Sigh, human memory is faulty people, and easily influenced by similar data that is slightly altered. No alternate dimensions required.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23032 Posts

@comp_atkins said:

humans do have awful memory, even when they're sure they are remembering something correctly

This is a good thing to store away in the back of your mind as it's good to know that you need to check yourself once in a while.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#22 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38677 Posts

@mattbbpl said:
@comp_atkins said:

This is a good thing to store away in the back of your mind as it's good to know that you need to check yourself once in a while.

our own brains are always trying to **** with us.

TotalRobot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By TotalRobot
Member since 2017 • 187 Posts

There actually is a Pikachu with a black streak on its tail. And Forest Gump and his mother both do say "is" instead of "was" at points in the movie; both the "is" and "was" versions are correct.