Congressman calls evolution a lie from the "pit of hell"

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Ace6301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#101 Ace6301
Member since 2005 • 21389 Posts

Also, I'm sure that this congressman is laughing all the way to the bank. Either way, he's made, probably smarter than a lot of people here, and a congressman.

brucewayne69
Kong why aren't you posting on your main.
Zeviander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#102 Zeviander
Member since 2011 • 9503 Posts
Being a creationist puts you at the bottom of the pole in terms of intelligence? brucewayne69
Depends on the Creationism being considered. God affecting his creation through evolution? Not a problem, as the science still applies. God creating everything in six days, as it exists today, and the science becomes a rival of the conclusion? Big problem.
Avatar image for chessmaster1989
chessmaster1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#103 chessmaster1989
Member since 2008 • 30203 Posts

[QUOTE="brucewayne69"]Being a creationist puts you at the bottom of the pole in terms of intelligence? Zeviander
Depends on the Creationism being considered. God affecting his creation through evolution? Not a problem, as the science still applies. God creating everything in six days, as it exists today, and the science becomes a rival of the conclusion? Big problem.

I think at least colloquially creationist and young earth creationist are used interchangeably aren't they? Actually I've never heard creationism used to refer to anything besides young earth creationism (usually when people talk about old earth creationism they say that explicitly I've found at least).

brucewayne69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#104 brucewayne69
Member since 2012 • 2864 Posts

[QUOTE="brucewayne69"]Being a creationist puts you at the bottom of the pole in terms of intelligence? Zeviander

Personally, I believe that God has a hand/controls evolution. But would you call my grand parents stupid because they are creationists? What the hell man?

brucewayne69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 brucewayne69

[QUOTE="brucewayne69"]

Also, I'm sure that this congressman is laughing all the way to the bank. Either way, he's made, probably smarter than a lot of people here, and a congressman.

Ace6301

This is not Kong hahaha.

Ace6301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 Ace6301

[QUOTE="Ace6301"][QUOTE="brucewayne69"]

brucewayne69

This is not Kong hahaha.

That's unfortunate. You seem quite similar. You're not as funny though.
brucewayne69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 brucewayne69

[QUOTE="brucewayne69"]

[QUOTE="Ace6301"] Kong why aren't you posting on your main.Ace6301

This is not Kong hahaha.

I whole-heartedly believe that you don't think I'm kong.

Ace6301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 Ace6301

This is not Kong hahaha.

brucewayne69

Come on we all know all 3 of us are Droid who is also Zev and Sun.
SirWander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 SirWander
Member since 2009 • 5176 Posts

Personally, I believe that God has a hand/controls evolution.brucewayne69

that contradicts the idea that god has given mankind freewill. If god has complete control over how we develop, then we have no choice in the matter. no freedom in which we can exercise our will.

But would you call my grand parents stupid because they are creationists? What the hell man?brucewayne69

they could be idiots, he's just calling them how he sees them.

-Sun_Tzu-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 -Sun_Tzu-
Member since 2007 • 17384 Posts

This is not Kong hahaha.

brucewayne69

Your jedi mind tricks won't work on me KK
Trinitarian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#111 Trinitarian
Member since 2007 • 1407 Posts

[QUOTE="Storm_Marine"]

[QUOTE="HoolaHoopMan"] People like this shouldn't be involved with ANYTHING concerning scientific p.olicy in the US. Its a fvcking embarrassment to our country that such a low life moron can actually have a post like this. jimkabrhel

I'm not endorsing him but he's got a Bsc in Chemistry and is a MD. Religious beliefs aside, I have a feeling he might know a bit more than you guys do. Just saying.

I have a PhD in Chemistry. Just because I have an advanced degree doesn't give me the right to make proclamations like this, especially those that have no basis in reality. It's one thing to suggest that some higher being has a hand in the design of the universe, it's another to suggest that science is the work of the Devil.

Wow, someone with a PhD doesn't even know how to interpret statements leads to believe you got a PhD from some fake online site or your flat out lying. He never said science is from hell he is saying the theory of evolution, big bang ect, is from the put of hell. Evolution is not science, rather, its a scientific THEORY. I hope you see the errors you your ways so i don't have to explain what the nature of science is. However, for the other, for scientific theory to become a scientific fact one must perform controlled experiments and witness the events unfold before them in the said environmental conditions the scientist create or witness the act in question as it happens to draw conclusive conclusions. Now, its not possible to create the needed conditions to make evolution or the big bang theory a scientific fact in as much as it would be possible to put God under a microscope and prick him with pins and needles to make God become a scientific fact. As such, God, evolution, or the big bang theory can NEVER be proven by science. Thus, for someone who believes in evolution or the big bang theory they require as much faith as someone who believes in God, if not more lol.
-Sun_Tzu-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 -Sun_Tzu-
[QUOTE="jimkabrhel"]

[QUOTE="Storm_Marine"]

I'm not endorsing him but he's got a Bsc in Chemistry and is a MD. Religious beliefs aside, I have a feeling he might know a bit more than you guys do. Just saying.

Trinitarian

I have a PhD in Chemistry. Just because I have an advanced degree doesn't give me the right to make proclamations like this, especially those that have no basis in reality. It's one thing to suggest that some higher being has a hand in the design of the universe, it's another to suggest that science is the work of the Devil.

Wow, someone with a PhD doesn't even know how to interpret statements leads to believe you got a PhD from some fake online site or your flat out lying. He never said science is from hell he is saying the theory of evolution, big bang ect, is from the put of hell. Evolution is not science, rather, its a scientific THEORY. I hope you see the errors you your ways so i don't have to explain what the nature of science is. However, for the other, for scientific theory to become a scientific fact one must perform controlled experiments and witness the events unfold before them in the said environmental conditions the scientist create or witness the act in question as it happens to draw conclusive conclusions. Now, its not possible to create the needed conditions to make evolution or the big bang theory a scientific fact in as much as it would be possible to put God under a microscope and prick him with pins and needles to make God become a scientific fact. As such, God, evolution, or the big bang theory can NEVER be proven by science. Thus, for someone who believes in evolution or the big bang theory they require as much faith as someone who believes in God, if not more lol.

I think you might be mistaken.
brucewayne69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 brucewayne69

[QUOTE="brucewayne69"]

Personally, I believe that God has a hand/controls evolution.SirWander

that contradicts the idea that god has given mankind freewill. If god has complete control over how we develop, then we have no choice in the matter. no freedom in which we can exercise our will.

But would you call my grand parents stupid because they are creationists? What the hell man?brucewayne69

they could be idiots, he's just calling them how he sees them.

Ahh, too bad! They aren't! Nobody talks about my grandma and grandpa that way. Nobody!

brucewayne69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 brucewayne69

[QUOTE="brucewayne69"]

[QUOTE="Ace6301"] That's unfortunate. You seem quite similar. You're not as funny though.-Sun_Tzu-

Sun Tzu, you will forget this conversation. *waves hand*. Did it work?

Ace6301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 Ace6301
[QUOTE="jimkabrhel"]

[QUOTE="Storm_Marine"]

Trinitarian

Well if you're disagreeing with Jim I guess he can rest soundly that he's in the right cause my god have you got it wrong.
-Sun_Tzu-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 -Sun_Tzu-

[QUOTE="-Sun_Tzu-"][QUOTE="brucewayne69"]

brucewayne69

I'm sorry your grandparents passed down such sh!tty genes. If only they could've won a Darwin award before it was too late.
Zeviander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 Zeviander
that contradicts the idea that god has given mankind freewill. If god has complete control over how we develop, then we have no choice in the matter. no freedom in which we can exercise our will.SirWander
Devil's advocate: God created the process, he doesn't control it directly. Me: Conflating God to acting through science removes the divine power and replaces it with laziness and imperfection.
Ace6301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 Ace6301
[QUOTE="brucewayne69"]

[QUOTE="-Sun_Tzu-"] Your jedi mind tricks won't work on me KK-Sun_Tzu-

I'm sorry your grandparents passed down such sh!tty genes. If only they could've won a Darwin award before it was too late.

Oh you are so asking for a lecturing from Kong on why you should be more PC.
brucewayne69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 brucewayne69

[QUOTE="brucewayne69"]

[QUOTE="-Sun_Tzu-"] Your jedi mind tricks won't work on me KK-Sun_Tzu-

That's funny mate I'm in all AP classes and my sister graduated from MIT. Bad genes huh? Where'd you go? Kaplan college?

TacticalDesire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 TacticalDesire
Member since 2010 • 10713 Posts

[QUOTE="jimkabrhel"]

[QUOTE="Storm_Marine"]

Trinitarian

It's unfortunate you don't actually comprehend what a scientific theory is.

Zeviander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 Zeviander
Where did Kong go? I was hoping he would post that picture.
Ace6301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 Ace6301

[QUOTE="-Sun_Tzu-"][QUOTE="brucewayne69"]

brucewayne69

That's funny mate I'm in all AP classes and my sister graduated from MIT. Bad genes huh? Where'd you go? Kaplan college?

Man if everyone on the internet did half as well as they claimed maybe we wouldn't have such crappy test scores. I swear there's at least 300 people on here who were in every AP class with straight As.
TacticalDesire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 TacticalDesire

[QUOTE="brucewayne69"]

[QUOTE="-Sun_Tzu-"] I'm sorry your grandparents passed down such sh!tty genes. If only they could've won a Darwin award before it was too late. Ace6301

Man if everyone on the internet did half as well as they claimed maybe we wouldn't have such crappy test scores. I swear there's at least 300 people on here who were in every AP class with straight As.

That's because AP doesn't mean that much. It's good and everyhing, but still not the end all be all.

brucewayne69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 brucewayne69

[QUOTE="brucewayne69"]

[QUOTE="-Sun_Tzu-"] I'm sorry your grandparents passed down such sh!tty genes. If only they could've won a Darwin award before it was too late. Ace6301

It pisses me off because the fact is it's true. I realize that obviously people lie on the internet, but not this time. My family is smart I guess. We don't have any nobel prize winners but it's true, I have all AP core classes (science, math, english) and my sister graduated from MIT just this year. That's kinda cool.

TacticalDesire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 TacticalDesire

brucewayne69

It pisses me off because the fact is it's true. I realize that obviously people lie on the internet, but not this time. My family is smart I guess. We don't have any nobel prize winners but it's true, I have all AP core classes (science, math, english) and my sister graduated from MIT just this year. That's kinda cool.

Yes, it is.

brucewayne69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 brucewayne69

TacticalDesire

That's because AP doesn't mean that much. It's good and everyhing, but still not the end all be all.

Well, an A in an AP course looks better than an A in a regular course.

Avatar image for chessmaster1989
chessmaster1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#127 chessmaster1989
Member since 2008 • 30203 Posts

TacticalDesire

Well an A in AP Calculus BC, AP Physics, or AP Chemistry is usually a good sign for college admissions, but beyond that yeah it doesn't mean all that much.
Ace6301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 Ace6301

brucewayne69

Alright I have nothing to lose believing you and I suppose it's not my place to be so disbelieving of your claim given what I am. Your Grandparents must be proud of you two.
TacticalDesire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 TacticalDesire

[QUOTE="TacticalDesire"]

[QUOTE="Ace6301"] Man if everyone on the internet did half as well as they claimed maybe we wouldn't have such crappy test scores. I swear there's at least 300 people on here who were in every AP class with straight As. brucewayne69

Well, an A in an AP course looks better than an A in a regular course.

It's better than not doing AP, it's just that a large amount of college bound kids do it now, so it's not an exclusive group or anything.

TacticalDesire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 TacticalDesire

[QUOTE="TacticalDesire"]

[QUOTE="Ace6301"] Man if everyone on the internet did half as well as they claimed maybe we wouldn't have such crappy test scores. I swear there's at least 300 people on here who were in every AP class with straight As. chessmaster1989

Well an A in AP Calculus BC, AP Physics, or AP Chemistry is usually a good sign for college admissions, but beyond that yeah it doesn't mean all that much.

I've personally gone the dual-enrollment route (doing college classes in HS), I guess I'll see how that works out for me applying to universities this month and beyond.

brucewayne69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 brucewayne69

[QUOTE="chessmaster1989"][QUOTE="TacticalDesire"]

TacticalDesire

I've personally gone the dual-enrollment route (doing college classes in HS), I guess I'll see how that works out for me applying to universities this month and beyond.

That's cool man, it should be a lot of help. Good luck!

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

[QUOTE="jimkabrhel"]

[QUOTE="Storm_Marine"]

Trinitarian

You have absolutely no fvcking idea what your talking about.. We get it you don't accept the Theory of Evolution, don't try to act like you understand them.. Because you don't, you have no idea what a Scientific Theory means what so ever.. Which is a shame because it should have been taught to you in Middle School.. Either your teachers failed in teaching you, or you didn't pay attention..

SirWander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 SirWander
Member since 2009 • 5176 Posts

Devil's advocate: God created the process, he doesn't control it directly. Zeviander

the creation process implies that there are predefined parameters, it has limits in it's variation, and is therefore in rule of causation. because we are not independent from the effects of the creation of the universe, we are stuck with reacting to the initial spark. that does not suggest an environment in which freewill can foster.

also we are only as free to choose as god made us to be. we can not, by being creations, act beyond our limitations. This brings into question the omniscience of such a being, as to why in it's infinite knowledge would this be the most beneficial of all outcomes.

Me: Conflating God to acting through science removes the divine power and replaces it with laziness and imperfection.Zeviander

Haha, yeah thanks for those vestigial organs.

TacticalDesire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 TacticalDesire

[QUOTE="TacticalDesire"]

[QUOTE="chessmaster1989"] Well an A in AP Calculus BC, AP Physics, or AP Chemistry is usually a good sign for college admissions, but beyond that yeah it doesn't mean all that much.brucewayne69

That's cool man, it should be a lot of help. Good luck!

Thanks hah, who knows. Anyway, I won't derail the topic further.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

the only people who disagree with evolution are those who don't understand it and refuse to learn

Pffrbt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 Pffrbt
Member since 2010 • 6612 Posts

Obviously the guy is out of touch with biology and genetics, that does not mean he's out of touch with everything else.

Storm_Marine

He's clearly out of touch with reality.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b78379493e12
deactivated-5b78379493e12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#137 deactivated-5b78379493e12
Member since 2005 • 15625 Posts
[QUOTE="jimkabrhel"]

[QUOTE="Storm_Marine"]

Trinitarian

The single sentence: "evolution is not science, rather, it's a scientific theory," tells me all I need to know. I could go on a diatribe about the relationship about religion and science that matches yours, but I won't bother. For the record, my PhD in organic chemistry is from the University of Minnesota- Twin Cities.
PernicioEnigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 PernicioEnigma
Member since 2010 • 6662 Posts
What is a grown man doing believing in fairy tales? I'm serious, I'd like to know.
themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 themajormayor
Member since 2011 • 25729 Posts
[QUOTE="Storm_Marine"]I'm annoyed when people completely and entirely belittle and discredit a person based off of something like this. Obviously the guy is out of touch with biology and genetics, that does not mean he's out of touch with everything else.Zeviander
I'm disgusted that you are trying to defend him. He calls the work of thousands (if not tens of thousands) of dedicated, intelligent individuals who have given their entire lives to the betterment of humanity through the study of evolution, and it's off-shoots genetics, organic chemistry and other fields related to medicine, what is essentially "useless crap" and takes the insult further, by calling it product of pure evil. No scientist, no human being, who values knowledge and the future of humanity, would ever consider, let alone come up with repugnant nonsense such as this. And to defend him? I have absolutely no words for you. If you are merely making argument for argument's sake, then fine... but if you truly wish to defend such an individual as this, I wish to disassociate myself from you immediately, as you are an enemy of human kind, and our very survival.

oh ffs.... I don't know what's worse, denying evolution or this piece of crap you just posted.
l4dak47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#140 l4dak47
Member since 2009 • 6838 Posts

brucewayne69

Rofl. I have 25 degrees, but I swear I'm not lying! Ah, tis the sign of a pathetic man when he has to resort to his (supposed) credentials because his arguments are sh*t.
PernicioEnigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 PernicioEnigma
Member since 2010 • 6662 Posts
Evolution is a fact, it's something one can observe and it's used extensively in farming and horticulture, it has also been observed in nature through natural selection. Now unless we invent a time machine and go back into the past there are always going to be a few nut jobs claiming us humans are different from every other life on this planet and some magical God created us. This congressman is the perfect example of brainwashing. Religious brainwashing is widespread in society.
Lonelynight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 Lonelynight
Member since 2006 • 30051 Posts
lol idiot
brucewayne69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 brucewayne69

[QUOTE="brucewayne69"]

[QUOTE="Ace6301"] Man if everyone on the internet did half as well as they claimed maybe we wouldn't have such crappy test scores. I swear there's at least 300 people on here who were in every AP class with straight As. l4dak47

Rofl. I have 25 degrees, but I swear I'm not lying! Ah, tis the sign of a pathetic man when he has to resort to his (supposed) credentials because his arguments are sh*t.

Wait. So the guy told me that my family and I have **** genes and that our grandparents passed down their low intelligence, and I "resort" to my credentials. What else would I do? I'm not lying, seriously, shut the hel up.

FMAB_GTO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 FMAB_GTO
Member since 2010 • 14385 Posts
This thread was funny.
brucewayne69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 brucewayne69

Evolution is a fact, it's something one can observe and it's used extensively in farming and horticulture, it has also been observed in nature through natural selection. Now unless we invent a time machine and go back into the past there are always going to be a few nut jobs claiming us humans are different from every other life on this planet and some magical God created us. This congressman is the perfect example of brainwashing. Religious brainwashing is widespread in society.PernicioEnigma

Or you know, faith.

brucewayne69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 brucewayne69

[QUOTE="Zeviander"][QUOTE="Storm_Marine"]I'm annoyed when people completely and entirely belittle and discredit a person based off of something like this. Obviously the guy is out of touch with biology and genetics, that does not mean he's out of touch with everything else.themajormayor
I'm disgusted that you are trying to defend him. He calls the work of thousands (if not tens of thousands) of dedicated, intelligent individuals who have given their entire lives to the betterment of humanity through the study of evolution, and it's off-shoots genetics, organic chemistry and other fields related to medicine, what is essentially "useless crap" and takes the insult further, by calling it product of pure evil. No scientist, no human being, who values knowledge and the future of humanity, would ever consider, let alone come up with repugnant nonsense such as this. And to defend him? I have absolutely no words for you. If you are merely making argument for argument's sake, then fine... but if you truly wish to defend such an individual as this, I wish to disassociate myself from you immediately, as you are an enemy of human kind, and our very survival.

oh ffs.... I don't know what's worse, denying evolution or this piece of crap you just posted.

Seriously,that comment was a bit overboard Zeviander

l4dak47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#147 l4dak47
Member since 2009 • 6838 Posts

[QUOTE="l4dak47"][QUOTE="brucewayne69"]

brucewayne69

Wait. So the guy told me that my family and I have **** genes and that our grandparents passed down their low intelligence, and I "resort" to my credentials. What else would I do? I'm not lying, seriously, shut the hel up.

If you believe in young earth creationism or deny evolution, you are an idiot. Plain and simple.
Avatar image for themagicbum9720
themagicbum9720

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 themagicbum9720
Member since 2007 • 6536 Posts
had a good read in this thread. the stupid people make it worth reading.
brucewayne69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 brucewayne69

[QUOTE="brucewayne69"]

[QUOTE="l4dak47"] Rofl. I have 25 degrees, but I swear I'm not lying! Ah, tis the sign of a pathetic man when he has to resort to his (supposed) credentials because his arguments are sh*t. l4dak47

If you believe in young earth creationism or deny evolution, you are an idiot. Plain and simple.

Me? I don't believe in young earth creationism and I do beieve in evolution. If you're talking about the congressman, well, I'm sure he's not an idiot. He may be mis informed, extremely faithful, or just doesn't care to believe in it. But he's hardly an idiot. I'm sure his IQ surpasses many around here.