Common ingredient in pizza dough is a human hair extract

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by PrimordialMeme (1279 posts) -

Did you know L-cysteine is a human hair extract commonly put in cheap pizza dough? If you have a frozen pizza in your freezer right now there is a good chance it contains this ingredient. Eeeew.

Its used to give a sulphuric flavor to the dough. You know what burning hair smells like? Thats the same essence of this flavor. How do you feel about this?

I felt compelled to share this because i asked my parents to get some freschetta 4 cheese rising crust pizza from the store last night which doesn't contain this, but they got the freschetta brick oven 5 cheese variety which does contain it! Oh I also know those little frozen white castle burgers contains this. I always check the label when i shop.

#2 Posted by aaaaarrrrggggg (13979 posts) -
I'm eating pizza right now :( .......Homemade pizza 8)
#3 Posted by HybridPhoenix (3598 posts) -
mmm, hair extract
#4 Posted by DJ-PRIME90 (11292 posts) -
interesting...only time I eat frozen pizza is when I go to the grocery store at lunch time (they have a little restaurant) and they serve pizza, but its frozen. I've seen thm put it in the oven a few times, but they take it out of its packaging in the back room, so they don't advertise:lol:
#5 Posted by Samwel_X (13765 posts) -
There are plenty of disgusting things within most pre prepared foods. Being a student, ignorance is bliss.
#6 Posted by Zagrius (3820 posts) -
Sounds cannibalicious. And I'm pretty sure that plenty of stuff we eat could be found in our body, seeing as our body needs those things to live on.
#7 Posted by muppet1010 (5812 posts) -
meh... theres worse out there.
#8 Posted by firebreathing (4619 posts) -

I find frozen pizza to suck anyways. I don't really care as I've eaten how much pizza and am still laive with no health problems. You're just going to die anyways, so why it matter that much as long as you like it?

#9 Posted by Orasion_Seiz (6594 posts) -

hmmm yummy...

seriously ive been eating pizza since i was 6 so it doesnt matter to me anymore...

#10 Posted by Guiltfeeder566 (10068 posts) -
Does that make me a cannibal? :(
#11 Posted by jointed (16719 posts) -

Where the hell do they get it from?

#12 Posted by Hewkii (26339 posts) -
there's also seaweed extract in ice cream.
#13 Posted by darkfox101 (7055 posts) -
"cooks hair" mmm pizza?
#14 Posted by cametall (7692 posts) -
That is some good tasting hair extract then.
#15 Posted by _Dispair_ (645 posts) -
It still tastes good, so I dun care about hair (OMG I just ryhmed like 50 cent right der)
#16 Posted by PrimordialMeme (1279 posts) -

I find frozen pizza to suck anyways. I don't really care as I've eaten how much pizza and am still laive with no health problems. You're just going to die anyways, so why it matter that much as long as you like it?

firebreathing

Its also in Pizza Hut and Domino's pizza, but you shouldn't be buying their "pizza" anyway. Papa Johns is a national chain that doesn't use it though.

Where the hell do they get it from?

jointed

Apparently from China and India mostly. I think they buy it from barbers who collect it to sell.

#17 Posted by Zagrius (3820 posts) -
So that's why Domino's Pizza is so tasty... I'll be sure to only buy pizza with this super special hair extract from now on.
#18 Posted by lycrof (6393 posts) -
Yes but we can also get it by fermentation. Without using human hair.
#19 Posted by Video_Game_King (27545 posts) -
Did you know that there's an acceptable amount of rat feces in our chocolates? And that a key ingredient in ice cream is seaweed? See, any food is disgusting when disected enough.
#20 Posted by -OpaK- (2728 posts) -

It still tastes good, so I dun care about hair (OMG I just ryhmed like 50 cent right der)_Dispair_

now all you have to do is get shot and you'll be an O.G:o

#21 Posted by Video_Game_King (27545 posts) -

[QUOTE="_Dispair_"]It still tastes good, so I dun care about hair (OMG I just ryhmed like 50 cent right der)-OpaK-

I'll do it for $40 :P.

#22 Posted by ajc_176 (2595 posts) -
YUM im making one now :D
#23 Posted by muppet1010 (5812 posts) -
[QUOTE="-OpaK-"]

[QUOTE="_Dispair_"]It still tastes good, so I dun care about hair (OMG I just ryhmed like 50 cent right der)Video_Game_King

I'll do it for $40 :P.

I'll PAY you $40 to shoot you?

#24 Posted by proctorsurf (2779 posts) -
Do you know how many dead skin particles we breath in a day? Millions! man if you had some microscope goggles... you'd be in for quite the surprise... and make the human hair extract seem pretty minuscule... it is gross that they purposely do that though.
#25 Posted by -TheSecondSign- (9199 posts) -

I don't care.

Honestly.

I don't care.

Some people make sausage out of pig intestine.

I don't care. It tastes fine and there's nothing wrong with it.

Why should I care?

#26 Posted by MichaeltheCM (22753 posts) -
yeah right >_> you forgot to cite your source :P
#27 Posted by kulmiye (12094 posts) -
I feel hungry. Might cook up that frozen pizza in the fridge.
#28 Posted by Colonel_Cool (1335 posts) -

Did you know L-cysteine is a human hair extract commonly put in cheap pizza dough? If you have a frozen pizza in your freezer right now there is a good chance it contains this ingredient. Eeeew.

Its used to give a sulphuric flavor to the dough. You know what burning hair smells like? Thats the same essence of this flavor. How do you feel about this?

I felt compelled to share this because i asked my parents to get some freschetta 4 cheese rising crust pizza from the store last night which doesn't contain this, but they got the freschetta brick oven 5 cheese variety which does contain it! Oh I also know those little frozen white castle burgers contains this. I always check the label when i shop.

PrimordialMeme
I can beat hair in pizza. Once I found a human finger in my chili while I was eating at wendys!
#29 Posted by Putzwapputzen (4462 posts) -
wow, i did not know that, but at least its not unhealthy for me :D
#30 Posted by Kikouken (15913 posts) -
That's pretty weird.