Col Gadaffi.........

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Dunbon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Dunbon
Member since 2011 • 274 Posts

Anyone else extremely p*ssed off at the UN's lack of action over the Lybia crisis?

The rebels are fighting a losing battle, everyday I check on the news, and the loyalists have advanced or retaken a settlement.

Instead of imposing a no fly zone, what Uk and France has been advocating, (no fly zone = any planes, Gadaffi's or rebels, WILL be shot down) to limit Gadaffi's offensive capabilities of having air superiority, which will eventually be the deciding factor I reckon, aliterally all that will happen is that general secredtary Ban Ki Moon will just draw up the conclusion that Gadaffi has committed crimes against humanity blah blah, and after that nothing will happen. Just a slap on the wrist.

Buttons1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Buttons1990
Member since 2009 • 3167 Posts

Imposing a no-fly zone isn't as simple as just keeping planes out of the sky smart one.

Dunbon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Dunbon
Member since 2011 • 274 Posts
Why not? It worked terrifically in the 1st gulf war, the UN imposed it, and Iraq didn't dare send a single airplane up. It just needs the backing from a load of other countries.
Buttons1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Buttons1990

Why not? It worked terrifically in the 1st gulf war, the UN imposed it, and Iraq didn't dare send a single airplane up. It just needs the backing from a load of other countries.Dunbon

Because the first gulf war was just that... A WAR...

If the US/NATO were to impose a no fly zone over Libya, they would have to attack Libya and destroy all of its anti-air capabilities... And seeing as how rebels control some of those sites for use against Gadhafi's aircraft... The US really doesn't want to impose a no fly zone one day and then pick up the New York Times the next day with the cover article being "US Aircraft kill 30 rebels at Anti-Air Facility in Libya!"

menes777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 menes777
Member since 2003 • 2643 Posts

Why not? It worked terrifically in the 1st gulf war, the UN imposed it, and Iraq didn't dare send a single airplane up. It just needs the backing from a load of other countries.Dunbon

That is because the UN sactioned the No Fly zone over Iraq, they have not done the same with Libya. China and Russia are the ones who are vetoeing it.

Harisemo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Harisemo
Member since 2010 • 4133 Posts

I think the rebels are causing unnecessary problems and I hope Qaddafi destroys them

Nayef_shroof

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Nayef_shroof
Member since 2011 • 709 Posts

I think the rebels are causing unnecessary problems and I hope Qaddafi destroys them

Harisemo
Wow...ignorance at its finest. Great thing I also dislike you as a poster in SW. Anyways, Gadaffi is an evil dictator (With diagnosed mental issues as well) whos been in control of Libya for over 40 years, with corruption, terrible management, carelessness for his own people all rampant in his authoritarian regime, with over a thousand civillians recently being killed by gaddafi's military for the sake of staying in power. If you dont know what your discussing, dont bother to even pitch in your "opinion"
Harisemo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Harisemo

[QUOTE="Harisemo"]

Nayef_shroof

Wow...ignorance at its finest. Great thing I also dislike you as a poster in SW. Anyways, Gadaffi is an evil dictator (With diagnosed mental issues as well) whos been in control of Libya for over 40 years, with corruption, terrible management, carelessness for his own people all rampant in his authoritarian regime, with over a thousand civillians recently being killed by gaddafi's military for the sake of staying in power. If you dont know what your discussing, dont bother to even pitch in your "opinion"

lulz you made a newaccount just because of my post.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa
deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa
Member since 2009 • 8315 Posts

Harisemo

I really hope you are kidding.

Kcube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Kcube
Member since 2003 • 25398 Posts

[QUOTE="Harisemo"]

sherman-tank1

Attention seekers will seek attention.

grape_of_wrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 grape_of_wrath
Member since 2009 • 3756 Posts
LEAVE QADDAFI ALONE! LEAVE HIM ALONE! (Allcaps4lifeyo).
Kcube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Kcube

LEAVE QADDAFI ALONE! LEAVE HIM ALONE! (Allcaps4lifeyo).grape_of_wrath

DAMN YOU DAMN YOU TO HELL!!

For getting that brittney fan stuck in my head again:cry:

Harisemo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Harisemo

[QUOTE="Harisemo"]

sherman-tank1

nope

grape_of_wrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 grape_of_wrath
Member since 2009 • 3756 Posts

[QUOTE="grape_of_wrath"]LEAVE QADDAFI ALONE! LEAVE HIM ALONE! (Allcaps4lifeyo).Kcube

First thing that came to mind, and if I suffer- everyone suffers.

Harisemo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Harisemo

[QUOTE="sherman-tank1"]

[QUOTE="Harisemo"]

Kcube

Attention seekers will seek attention.

too bad I dont do that

Kcube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Kcube

[QUOTE="Kcube"]

[QUOTE="grape_of_wrath"]LEAVE QADDAFI ALONE! LEAVE HIM ALONE! (Allcaps4lifeyo).grape_of_wrath

First thing that came to mind, and if I suffer- everyone suffers.

Yeah I am suffering :(

I cant even think of a youtube to counter with :(

aransom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17 aransom
Member since 2002 • 7408 Posts

Anyone else extremely p*ssed off at the UN's lack of action over the Lybia crisis?

Dunbon

Not really. Why would you expect the dictators who make up the UN to do anything that might result in removing their fellow dictator? Sure, the UN voted to kick Iraq out of Kuwait, but in that instance they were sticking up for a little dictator who was getting pushed around by a big dictator, and as soon as Saddam was out of Kuwait, the UN demanded that we leave him alone. As long as Kaddaffi is only hurting his own people, the bulk of the UN won't give a rip.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa

nope

Harisemo

So you think its ok to mow down hundreds of civilians who protest peacefully, have a completely delusional and sick man run a country, tortue journalist, kill your own soldiers, etc?

Harisemo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Harisemo

[QUOTE="Harisemo"]

nope

sherman-tank1

So you think its ok to mow down hundreds of civilians who protest peacefully, have a completely delusional and sick man run a country, tortue journalist, kill your own soldiers, etc?

is there any proof that hundreds of people were mowed down? and the rebels arent peaceful protestors......

Locutus_Picard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Locutus_Picard
Member since 2004 • 4159 Posts

[QUOTE="sherman-tank1"]

[QUOTE="Harisemo"]

nope

Harisemo

is there any proof that hundreds of people were mowed down? and the rebels arent peaceful protestors......

Proof? How about countless dead bodies in the streets not wearing uniforms?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa

[QUOTE="sherman-tank1"]

[QUOTE="Harisemo"]

nope

Harisemo

The rebels were peaceful protesters. If it wasn't for the fact that mercenaries and the like tried to kill them, there wouldn't be any need to form a rebel army. And what do you mean proof? How many times have journalist quoted residents and others and seen for themselves to confirm the killing?

Harisemo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Harisemo

Proof? How about countless dead bodies in the streets not wearing uniforms?Locutus_Picard

rebels wear normal clothes lol but I'm not saying Qaddafi is a saint, sure some deaths occured in the protests (not hundreds and thousands being reported in the biased media) but these protests werent on the same scale as tunisia or egyptandneither do Libyans dislike Qaddafi as much as we are being lead to believe.btw where the heck did these rebels come up from and managed to take "hold" of towns so quick? and then suddenly they become fully equipped rebels and are now defending the towns against a super evil and more powerful army. The way I see it, its justawestern backed attemptto remove Qaddafi and replace him with a complete puppet.

An interesting interview of Libyan foreign minister http://rt.com/news/libya-uprising-koussa-interview/

btw According to RT, Russian military said the Qaddafi never bombed any "peaceful protestors".

Harisemo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Harisemo

The rebels were peaceful protesters. If it wasn't for the fact that mercenaries and the like tried to kill them, there wouldn't be any need to form a rebel army. And what do you mean proof? How many times have journalist quoted residents and others and seen for themselves to confirm the killing?

sherman-tank1

yes peaceful protestors suddenly becoming fully equipped rebels in a matter of days and are now fighting against very few Qaddafi loyalists (apparently majority of people have deserted Qaddafi) and are stilllosing the battle. Im thinking though why hasnt Qaddafi bombed the s*** out of everyone because everyone (except the loyalists)hates him?

Stesilaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#24 Stesilaus
Member since 2007 • 4999 Posts

Harisemo

Are you sure you're cheering for the right side, Harisemo?

Notwithstanding the rhetoric from Washington and Europe, I think the West rather likes having Qaddafi in power, as long as he's willing to sign away the country's oil.

Didn't he give British Petroleum a juicy $300 million oil development contract?

Former UK Prime Minister Tony Blair certainly seems fond of him ...

gaming25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 gaming25
Member since 2010 • 6181 Posts

[QUOTE="sherman-tank1"]

Harisemo

yes peaceful protestors suddenly becoming fully equipped rebels in a matter of days and are now fighting against very few Qaddafi loyalists (apparently majority of people have deserted Qaddafi) and are stilllosing the battle. Im thinking though why hasnt Qaddafi bombed the s*** out of everyone because everyone (except the loyalists)hates him?

AKadaffi loyalist isnt the Kadaffi military, and appearantly you havent seen the thousands of loyalists on the news that he still somehow manages to have. Also, manyagencies around the globe as well as national peace keeping organizations have confirmed that many innocents were killed, so who cares what the russain military or whatever you said claimed what happened.

Buttons1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Buttons1990

[QUOTE="Locutus_Picard"]

Proof? How about countless dead bodies in the streets not wearing uniforms?Harisemo

rebels wear normal clothes lol but I'm not saying Qaddafi is a saint, sure some deaths occured in the protests (not hundreds and thousands being reported in the biased media) but these protests werent on the same scale as tunisia or egyptandneither do Libyans dislike Qaddafi as much as we are being lead to believe.btw where the heck did these rebels come up from and managed to take "hold" of towns so quick? and then suddenly they become fully equipped rebels and are now defending the towns against a super evil and more powerful army. The way I see it, its justawestern backed attemptto remove Qaddafi and replace him with a complete puppet.

An interesting interview of Libyan foreign minister http://rt.com/news/libya-uprising-koussa-interview/

btw According to RT, Russian military said the Qaddafi never bombed any "peaceful protestors".

Yes because the RT has no bias in this matter *cough cough* faux news Russia *cough*... And the Russian military (who doesn't even have full radar coverage over their own nation) and spotty satalite imagery that hasn't been maintained or replaced since the 70s are spot on with their assessment of Libya...

And the rebels lol... You act as though seemingly out of nowhere thousands of protestors were armed and fighting... They weren't... Its called defection smart one... And many in Gadhafi's army (in fact many in his regime as well, Gadhafi's once second in command is the chair of the Rebel interim council...) defected to the side of the opposition, entire bases defected, you think the rebels were stashing tanks under their beds waiting for a revolution? Think about what you are saying lol...

Harisemo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Harisemo

There is one key think that your ignorant comments are missing, that Kadaffi even SPOKE about a massacre. Before the rebels started taking over, he said that there will be rivers of blood and a whole bunch of chaotic things yo people who oppose him. Also a Kadaffi loyalist isnt the Kadaffi military, and appearantly you havent seen the thousands of loyalists on the news that he still somehow manages to have. Also, manyagencies around the globe as well as national peace keeping organizations have confirmed that many innocents were killed, so who cares what the russain military or whatever you said claimed what happened, the credibility of the national organizations are much more valid.

gaming25

dunno all I heard was him saying that libyan people were with him and like I said yes some protestorswere killed but not thousands like what is being reported by the western media and Russian military confirmed that no protestors werebombed so yes it does matter what russian military says because it shows the media is BSing. Sorry but I simply cannot trustwestern media regarding the current libyan situation.

Another interesting article from RT http://rt.com/politics/libya-unrest-eyewitness-accounts/

Harisemo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Harisemo

Yes because the RT has no bias in this matter *cough cough* faux news Russia *cough*... And the Russian military (who doesn't even have full radar coverage over their own nation) and spotty satalite imagery that hasn't been maintained or replaced since the 70s are spot on with their assessment of Libya...

And the rebels lol... You act as though seemingly out of nowhere thousands of protestors were armed and fighting... They weren't... Its called defection smart one... And many in Gadhafi's army (in fact many in his regime as well, Gadhafi's once second in command is the chair of the Rebel interim council...) defected to the side of the opposition, entire bases defected, you think the rebels were stashing tanks under their beds waiting for a revolution? Think about what you are saying lol...

Buttons1990

Im not seeing any bias from RT regarding this issue, in fact I've found it much better then every western media and I trust russian military in this case, surely they arent pulling stuff out of their butts.

I havent heard of rebels using tanks and some butthurt army personnal defecting doesnt mean much. All I know is that currently Qaddafi and few of his loyalists are managing to kick rebels and defected army noobs butts!

_Colossus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 _Colossus_
Member since 2004 • 1704 Posts

What ever happend to the SAM sites aimed towards the Egyptian border before the conflict started? That could have been their ticket, if they had someone to operate them of course. They aren't exactly very mobile, but at least they can be moved in time to Benghazi.

Dr_Manfattan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#30 Dr_Manfattan
Member since 2009 • 1363 Posts

[QUOTE="Buttons1990"]

Harisemo

Im not seeing any bias from RT regarding this issue, in fact I've found it much better then every western media and I trust russian military in this case, surely they arent pulling stuff out of their butts.

I havent heard of rebels using tanks and some butthurt army personnal defecting doesnt mean much. All I know is that currently Qaddafi and few of his loyalists are managing to kick rebels and defected army noobs butts!

please answer one question for me, have you actually done any research into this situation other than instantly dismissing the western media, because every post you make seems to be a statement by you of how little knowledge you have on the subject.

gaming25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 gaming25
Member since 2010 • 6181 Posts

[QUOTE="Buttons1990"]

Harisemo

So youre saying that all of these people are lying. So according to your logic, those eye witness people saying that Kaddafi is mass murdering and trusted news sources like AC360 are all fabricating this scheme for humanitarionism that seemingly the west doesnt even want. Yet you trust this second hand news source about the russain military providing a contrast to what tons of humanitarian groups have confirmed. Youre gonna have a hard time trying to prove that humanitarian groups are now fabricating what is going on in Libya. Oh yeah, and the mercenaries according to you were probably made up too lol.

Harisemo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Harisemo

please answer one question for me, have you actually done any research into this situation other than instantly dismissing the western media, because every post you make seems to be a statement by you of how little knowledge you have on the subject.

Dr_Manfattan

yeah I've been reading the news from all major websites but I honestly havent heard of rebels using tanks. maybe i missed it somehow

Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#33 Ninja-Hippo
Member since 2008 • 23434 Posts
Question; Why do China and Russia seem to veto everything good in the world? Whenever any nation wants to do something helpful and humanitarian they seem to step in and stop it. Why is this? What possible reason does China or Russia have for having innocent people in Libya murdered by their crazy leader?
Harisemo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Harisemo

So youre saying that all of these people are lying. So according to your logic, those eye witness people saying that Kaddafi is mass murdering and trusted news sources like AC360 are all fabricating this scheme for humanitarionism that seemingly the west doesnt even want. Oh yeah, and the son of kaddafi talking about rivers of blood and bloodbaths doesnt mean anything lol. Yet you trust this second hand news source about the russain military providing a contrast to what tons of humanitarian groups have confirmed. Youre gonna have a hard time trying to prove that humanitarian groups are now fabricating what is going on in Libya. Oh yeah, and the mercenaries according to you were probably made up too lol.gaming25

I dont trust AC360, sry. Rebels dying is probably being passed off as massacre of innocent protestors lol mediamight not be fabricatingbut most definitely exaggerating and since the west has thrown support for the rebels I dont expect western media to be unbiased.As for qaddafis son talking about bloodbaths, sure there will be blood as long there are haters like blood thristy rebels. Nobody has proved that Qaddafi bombed civilians and if the so called humanitarian groups really believe he bombed civilians then please provide proof. humanitarian groups are probably counting dead rebels as innocent civilians lol :D

Harisemo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Harisemo

Question; Why do China and Russia seem to veto everything good in the world? Whenever any nation wants to do something helpful and humanitarian they seem to step in and stop it. Why is this? What possible reason does China or Russia have for having innocent people in Libya murdered by their crazy leader? Ninja-Hippo

because they know West is exaggerating the whole thing?

MiloZEgamer34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 MiloZEgamer34
Member since 2010 • 589 Posts
[QUOTE="Dunbon"]Why not? It worked terrifically in the 1st gulf war, the UN imposed it, and Iraq didn't dare send a single airplane up. It just needs the backing from a load of other countries.

well we didnt really need the planes haha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa

dunno all I heard was him saying that libyan people were with him and like I said yes some protestorswere killed but not thousands like what is being reported by the western media and Russian military confirmed that no protestors werebombed so yes it does matter what russian military says because it shows the media is BSing. Sorry but I simply cannot trustwestern media regarding the current libyan situation.

Another interesting article from RT http://rt.com/politics/libya-unrest-eyewitness-accounts/

Harisemo

What makes you trust Russia exactly?

MiloZEgamer34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 MiloZEgamer34
Member since 2010 • 589 Posts

[QUOTE="Harisemo"]

sherman-tank1

What makes you trust Russia exactly?

in the early 80's didnt the russians supply the Libyans Migs and Sukhois? im pretty sure
Buttons1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Buttons1990

[QUOTE="Ninja-Hippo"]Question; Why do China and Russia seem to veto everything good in the world? Whenever any nation wants to do something helpful and humanitarian they seem to step in and stop it. Why is this? What possible reason does China or Russia have for having innocent people in Libya murdered by their crazy leader? Harisemo

because they know West is exaggerating the whole thing?

So the Arab League is "the west" now...? Because they recently called for this no-fly zone... On humanitarian grounds...

And why is Russia reviewing the Arab-Leage's call for a no-fly zone? If they were correct and there were no bombings, wouldn't they simply dismiss the Arab League's call and continue vetoing? Unless they were wrong that is... Link to your very own RT