Coercion in the work place.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TheStatusQuo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 TheStatusQuo
Member since 2004 • 4994 Posts

Many companies employ individuals who can't think for themselves and because they feel they have much to lose; they'll coerce their fellow co-workers because they are supervisiors or managers.

But why?

I'll give you an example. Say you have an individual that has to work 8 hours, but then the store managers decides to extend the individual an extra 2 hours for a total of ten hours! Why can't the employee chose to only work the 8? If he declines, the manager can fire him for insubordination. I was a supervisor for a corporation, and I use to hate forcing employees to extend. This is wrong. Why do companies treat us like slaves?

Corporations tell us that they care about work-life balance to appear good on the books, but they do this all the time.

Avatar image for 194197844077667059316682358889

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 194197844077667059316682358889
Member since 2003 • 49173 Posts
Get a salaried job
TheStatusQuo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 TheStatusQuo

At a salary job, no matter how much work you do, you get paid the same, and in salary jobs, corporate people bring meal penaty rules.Salary jobs aren't that great. You have to be a courtier, brown nosing your managers to keep your job, making sure to give them credit and making them look great.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 194197844077667059316682358889

At a salary job, no matter how much work you do, you get paid the same, and in salary jobs, corporate people bring meal penaty rules.Salary jobs aren't that great. You have to be a courtier, brown nosing your managers to keep your job, making sure to give them credit and making them look great.

TheStatusQuo
Hum, I get bonuses, annual raises and stock grants, generally working 25-30 hours per week with minimal supervision because of my proven track record of getting my work done on my own in a timely manner. I'm not sure the system is the entirety of the problem that you are having.
TheStatusQuo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 TheStatusQuo

What company do you work for?

That sounds like an awesome job.

James161324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 James161324
Member since 2009 • 8315 Posts

They don't it may suck, but some time there is just more work to be done.

TheStatusQuo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 TheStatusQuo

I understand that it's important to use the budget hours effectively. I know that much Gerg. Being profitable is important. But when management is incompetent and doesn't hire the proper work force needed to do the job, I understand that management wants the numbers to look good with labor.

Beyond 5 hours, employees can recieve time 1/2, or a premium pay. It depends on the company.

I personally don't mind working overtime because I value the pay, but having to see people get fired because they make a choice to leave when they've worked the required hours, bothers me.

Vancelvany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 Vancelvany
Member since 2005 • 2601 Posts

Rub cake on your coworkers and you get a salary hike especially if your boss is a woman. :o

TheStatusQuo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 TheStatusQuo
I don't think that will work. Maybe on an episode of "The Office."
Avatar image for deactivated-5d1cb98d088e5
deactivated-5d1cb98d088e5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 deactivated-5d1cb98d088e5
Member since 2009 • 4084 Posts

They can do what they want, and if you don't like it, they can fire you and find someone who does, and if nobody ends up liking it then the company has no one to work for them, and they go out of business. But that will more then likely not happen due to the fact that there is an able, and willing work force to take on the job, and the long hours for the appointed pay. It's just common sense.

Fundai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 Fundai
Member since 2010 • 6120 Posts

Poll is misleading or badly written... No, were not slaves to he Employer, But they are allowed to set the hours we work (to a limit of course)

MetallicaKings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 MetallicaKings
Member since 2004 • 4781 Posts
Stop complaining. Be happy your have a job.
Oleg_Huzwog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Oleg_Huzwog
Member since 2007 • 21885 Posts

Unless your boss is violating labor laws, I'm not sure your complaints are valid.

TheStatusQuo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 TheStatusQuo

My poll, I believe isn't badly written. I know that individuals have multiple perspectives and ideas that deserve to go noticed. It's good to have a little banter on the farce of the corporate world. I know people that like the image of work because they live to work, and work to life.

Psychologist love to have yes or no questions, but I'm no person who believes that I should play mind games. We get that enough at work. Mind games aren't cool. I like honesty. I view a corporation as a cult. People give up their rights and freedom for a cult, and I know that they must conform to man made rules.

Now that I think of it, every organization is a cult that cultivates us to be a certain way. Laws are important, but laws are bent at companies. I used the idea of slavery and masters because we haven't really changed. What we do however is create euphemisms to empower the worker to feel that the work is valued while paying the employees less, and the consumer more.

TheStatusQuo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 TheStatusQuo

I'm not complaining about my job.

We are working to earn debt and pay debt. The money we earn isn't worth the ink it's printed on. Money doesn't represent gold anymore. It is just debt. ***I can hear the Rothschild family laughing**

If a company is profitable, the corporation chooses to move the establishment to another country to pay another group of people less to make more profit. If a company isn't profitable, the executives and managers are awarded with government money that is issued by the private bank called the Federal Reserve. It could be from the IMF or World Bank.

Capitalism is dead. Statism and oligarchy seems to be the case these days. Employees are lied to and abused with unreasonable goals.

TheStatusQuo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 TheStatusQuo

Unless your boss is violating labor laws, I'm not sure your complaints are valid.

Oleg_Huzwog
Bosses (Master) are amoral. They violate regardless. Gamespot editors are abused constantly.
Mafiree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Mafiree
Member since 2008 • 3704 Posts
Companies pay you to perform a skill/service. If you refuse to perform this service/skill and there are others willing to for equal or less pay, why do you deserve the job?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 194197844077667059316682358889
[QUOTE="Oleg_Huzwog"]

TheStatusQuo
Bosses (Master) are amoral. They violate regardless. Gamespot editors are abused constantly.

You are coming across as a bit, uh, crazy
Oleg_Huzwog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Oleg_Huzwog
Member since 2007 • 21885 Posts

Is this like, one of those profound eye-opening moments of clarity that only happen while high?

TheStatusQuo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 TheStatusQuo
Companies pay you to perform a skill/service. If you refuse to perform this service/skill and there are others willing to for equal or less pay, why do you deserve the job?Mafiree
Deserving a job isn't about skill and service. The better the liar, the higher the position. In many companies, charlatans run the muck. If a person is willing to back stab, coerce, and lie, they will gain the heights of power. They yearn to "Place their iron hand in a velvet glove." In the east coast, people are vocal about problems. in the west coast, passive aggression.
Mafiree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Mafiree
[QUOTE="Mafiree"]Companies pay you to perform a skill/service. If you refuse to perform this service/skill and there are others willing to for equal or less pay, why do you deserve the job?TheStatusQuo
Deserving a job isn't about skill and service. The better the liar, the higher the position. In many companies, charlatans run the muck. If a person is willing to back stab, coerce, and lie, they will gain the heights of power. They yearn to "Place their iron hand in a velvet glove." In the east coast, people are vocal about problems. in the west coast, passive aggression.

Yes it is...... I don't care how good your people skills are if you cannot or refuse to perform the job you are not going to move up.........
Fundai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Fundai

[QUOTE="Mafiree"]Companies pay you to perform a skill/service. If you refuse to perform this service/skill and there are others willing to for equal or less pay, why do you deserve the job?TheStatusQuo

I'm sorry, but Are you feeling alright? This is reaching a whole Anti-Establishment Lvel I'm not sure You want to go into.

Sunfyre7896

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Sunfyre7896
Member since 2011 • 1644 Posts

[QUOTE="TheStatusQuo"]

xaos

Hum, I get bonuses, annual raises and stock grants, generally working 25-30 hours per week with minimal supervision because of my proven track record of getting my work done on my own in a timely manner. I'm not sure the system is the entirety of the problem that you are having.

You're one of the lucky ones. A good deal of salary jobs end up working more than 40 hours a week for the same pay. Some even work 60/70 or more hours to make the same pay. However, the trade-off is that you make more money overall so both people can complain. Hourly workers complain about not making enough and salary workers complain about the long hours per week. It's all relative and it's all because we have to work for a living. Too bad we couldn't just all have robots to do our jobs and reap the monetary rewards.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 deactivated-5d1cb98d088e5

Do you have any proof to back this theory that all high positions in corporations are corrupt, and evil, or are you just bull ****ing?

TheStatusQuo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 TheStatusQuo

[QUOTE="TheStatusQuo"][QUOTE="Mafiree"]Companies pay you to perform a skill/service. If you refuse to perform this service/skill and there are others willing to for equal or less pay, why do you deserve the job?Fundai

I'm sorry, but Are you feeling alright? This is reaching a whole Anti-Establishment Lvel I'm not sure You want to go into.

Anti-establishment doesn't apply in this case. People that follow rules and work hard get fired or forgotten. It's not a fad.
Fundai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Fundai

[QUOTE="Fundai"]

[QUOTE="TheStatusQuo"] Deserving a job isn't about skill and service. The better the liar, the higher the position. In many companies, charlatans run the muck. If a person is willing to back stab, coerce, and lie, they will gain the heights of power. They yearn to "Place their iron hand in a velvet glove." In the east coast, people are vocal about problems. in the west coast, passive aggression. TheStatusQuo

Anti-establishment doesn't apply in this case. People that follow rules and work hard get fired or forgotten. It's not a fad.

I'd Beg to differ... Companies arn't gonna higher or promote people they know are scumbags.. I'm not saying it doesn't happen, but Its only in Movies where the SPiteful, powerhungry, "do whatever it takes to get on top" people are every where.

TheStatusQuo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 TheStatusQuo

[QUOTE="TheStatusQuo"][QUOTE="Mafiree"]Companies pay you to perform a skill/service. If you refuse to perform this service/skill and there are others willing to for equal or less pay, why do you deserve the job?BATTOSAI76

Do you have any proof to back this theory that all high positions in corporations are corrupt, and evil, or are you just bull ****ing?

Yes. I have proof. The University indoctrinates people to follow and not question authority. Look at the United States government. Look at every facet of powerful people. Gamestop is a perfect example. Lie, lie, and lie some more. That's corporations for you. Let's not forget about the carrots they put infront of us when they promise us high positions.
Mafiree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Mafiree
[QUOTE="Fundai"]

[QUOTE="TheStatusQuo"] Deserving a job isn't about skill and service. The better the liar, the higher the position. In many companies, charlatans run the muck. If a person is willing to back stab, coerce, and lie, they will gain the heights of power. They yearn to "Place their iron hand in a velvet glove." In the east coast, people are vocal about problems. in the west coast, passive aggression. TheStatusQuo

A company's goal is to make profit. Firing employees who work hard and do a good job would work against this goal. So, what evidence do you have supporting this claim?
TheStatusQuo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 TheStatusQuo
[QUOTE="Fundai"]

[QUOTE="TheStatusQuo"][QUOTE="Fundai"]

I'd Beg to differ... Companies arn't gonna higher or promote people they know are scumbags.. I'm not saying it doesn't happen, but Its only in Movies where the SPiteful, powerhungry, "do whatever it takes to get on top" people are every where.

Do do. http://www.youtube.com/user/InflationUS?blend=5&ob=5#p/u/0/VpZtX32sKVE http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Byvxld4rrAY http://consumerist.com/ Look at this site--- there's a huge list of companies that prove their corruption.
Nibroc420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Nibroc420
Member since 2007 • 13571 Posts

[QUOTE="BATTOSAI76"]

Yes. I have proof. The University indoctrinates people to follow and not question authority. Look at the United States government. Look at every facet of powerful people. Gamestop is a perfect example. Lie, lie, and lie some more. That's corporations for you. Let's not forget about the carrots they put infront of us when they promise us high positions.

They promise you money (carrots) in exchange for work.
If you dont want to work, they can find someone else to pay.
It's pretty simple.

Can you provide proof to your claim that everyone on top is a power hungry **** or did you simply watch that in a movie?

Nibroc420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Nibroc420

http://www.youtube.com/user/InflationUS?blend=5&ob=5#p/u/0/VpZtX32sKVETheStatusQuo

This video is a joke. "College education is the largest scam in U.S. history!"
Education a scam? If i asked you to build me a bridge made of X,Y,Z materials, and i wanted it to beable to support 40,000 tons and span 2 miles. Could you do it? No, because you haven't gone to college and learned how.
College a Scam? Only if you dont value knowlege and want to work shoveling **** 24/7

Seriously, you've gone from it not being right for companies to fire those who dont want to work. To companies being corrupt for wanting to make profits, when thats the sole purpose companies exist in the first place.

TheStatusQuo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 TheStatusQuo

I read multiple history books. I'm currently writing a book. I can only insinuate an idea, but if you believe that you work for carrots (money), then you might as well put yourself in the same side as "FoxNews." Watch this video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGk5ioEXlIM It is called "The American Dream."

Nibroc420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Nibroc420

I can only insinuate an idea, but if you believe that you work for carrots (money), then you might as well put yourself in the same side as "FoxNews."

TheStatusQuo

What?

Money is used in everyday life as a means to exchange work for goods.

Food costs money
Renting a place costs money
Most things cost money.

If you dont work, you dont get money, and you dont get to travel/live.

Yet i'm crazy for thinking i work for money? I can assure you, thats the only reason i work where i work.

TheStatusQuo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 TheStatusQuo

The current college system is a debt making business. If you want a real education, go to the library and read what you are interested in. Degrees are worthless. Corporations only seek control. Everyone has a degree. What about a job? College is an institution for indoctrination. Indoctrination and education are two different things.

Education is only discovered when you have the ability to question and research yourself because you want to learn about the world. Professors at Universities don't want you to learn, they have opinions for you to agree with.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 deactivated-5d1cb98d088e5

[QUOTE="BATTOSAI76"]

Eh? That's not really what I meant when I said "proof". You're making a claim that all companies are evil, and not providing adequate evidence to your claim. Sure their are some that are corrupt, but that goes without saying. But too say they're all corrupt? Nah, It's to outrageous of a claim. Furthermore, if you don't like the system then maybe you should find a secluded island in the south pacific to live on, and when you get bored and want to Rant on OT but find that there is no internet connection, which guess what, is run by a corporation, then you can tell me you dislike the system.

TheStatusQuo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 TheStatusQuo

You work to earn debt. You work to be robbed illegally by the IRS to fund the Federal Reserve, to distribute to the IMF and World Bank. You are a slave. Money is debt. It's not worth anything. The economy will get worst. Everything is rigged.

Nibroc420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Nibroc420

Degrees tell employers what their employees should/do know. What do you expect someone hiring you to do? Look at a list of books you took from the library?
There's a reason you're tested on things in school :|

Corporations only seek control.TheStatusQuo

Corperations want money, and more money. That is their main purpose for even existing.

Everyone has a degree.

What about a job? College is an institution for indoctrination. Indoctrination and education are two different things.

Education is only discovered when you have the ability to question and research yourself because you want to learn about the world. Professors at Universities don't want you to learn, they have opinions for you to agree with.TheStatusQuo

Everyone has a degree? Really? :| please provide proof to this outragious claim.

And Colleges are for educating you, and testing your knowlege. Unless you're taking a liberal arts degree or something.

TheStatusQuo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 TheStatusQuo
I've provided videos to insinuate in the form of an easy to understand cartoons. Companies are amoral (Not good or evil). I understand that you believe in what you believe.
TheStatusQuo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 TheStatusQuo

Corporations hire people because of their ability to sell themselves. Some people get hired for the way they look. It depends on the employer and human resources.

Sometimes, it's who you know, not what you know.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 194197844077667059316682358889
Since whenever anytime asks for any support for your claims, you respond with more insane assertions or whackjob youtube links, I'm not sure how you expect anyone to take your incoherent rambling seriously.
Nibroc420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Nibroc420

I've provided videos to insinuate in the form of an easy to understand cartoons. TheStatusQuo
Yes however they've provided no evidence to your claim. You posted a biased documentary, and a year old news report about the BP spill...
Neither of those are evidence to support your claims that all bosses are evil, that college is useless, or that companies are inhertily evil.

Companies are amoral (Not good or evil). TheStatusQuo

So now they're not evil as you claimed a few posts ago? They're just neutral parties working to build profits...Well at least now you understand that concept.

I understand that you believe in what you believe.TheStatusQuo

"You believe in what you believe"
Thats a bit redundant no? Anyways, dispite what YOU may believe, simply believing it doesn`t make it any more factual than me saying "aliens have already invaded the earth and taken every human as a slave"
However they both share a common ground. We all know neither your earlier claims and my claim about aliens aren't true.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 deactivated-5d1cb98d088e5

I'm surprised this thread hasn't been locked yet.

TheStatusQuo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 TheStatusQuo
I've provided evidence, but understand that all evidence can be used with a bias take. Corporations are amoral. Not righteous or evil. A corporation is nothing more than a group of people who seek to incorporate themselves into a single entity. A corporation has less liabilities but it has obiligations to stakeholders and stock holders. I understood the concept of corporations being indifferent; understand that executives are motivated by self-interest. I should mention that when it comes to the market and what a person believes, the focus can come from how a person inteprets the information from a lecture in the classroom that professors promote. Much of the inter workings are irrelevant because the over-all picture of how money and corporations operate can't be covered in one course. The professors are professing from researching the market, but if you want the real concept of corporations, it is important to study the concept of economy. I rebuke your claims because in the forum, much of the information is selective to how one interprets information. A question was placed. But tangents in debate do occur.