CoD loser calls in SWAT team on kid who beat him

#1 Posted by loco145 (10866 posts) -

Long Island police dispatched helicopters, emergency vehicles and an army of cops to a home where someone called in a bloody rampage on Tuesday.

They arrived with guns drawn and ready for war — only to find out the call to cops was an act of revenge by a gamer whom the teen who lives inside had just beaten in an online Call of Duty battle.

“Some guy threatened to Swat him,” Castillo’s brother told The Post. “He was pissed that he had lost.”

The disgruntled gamer had just been eliminated by Castillo and gave police the teen’s home address in a dangerous game called “Swatting,” and the authorities went into full emergency mode.

Source.

SMH @CoD players..

#2 Posted by Smashbrossive50 (3536 posts) -

Now this...this is a very desperate type of gamer I will NEVER want to play with,seriously,kid's wasting the cop's energy just to complain over a lost match? Why wouldn't people live up another side of gaming? It's all new now,don't go back to the past to cover it as "nostalgia" and start ragequitting 'cause that's where "fun" belongs,kids these days... >:s

#3 Posted by CrimsonBrute (24074 posts) -
@loco145 said:

Long Island police dispatched helicopters, emergency vehicles and an army of cops to a home where someone called in a bloody rampage on Tuesday.

They arrived with guns drawn and ready for war — only to find out the call to cops was an act of revenge by a gamer whom the teen who lives inside had just beaten in an online Call of Duty battle.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b337/wildbill59/poptart_zps6cddc3f2.jpg

#4 Posted by Smashbrossive50 (3536 posts) -

If I was like that kid,I'd rather call the parents(assume I have the phone number)or stop the game and play a safer,better game I have on the shelf instead

#5 Posted by Crunchy_Nuts (2749 posts) -

I imaging the cost of this whole thing goes into the tens of thousands at least.

The household responsible for deliberate misuse of emergency services should be sent a bill.

#6 Posted by Treflis (11895 posts) -

What on earth is his major malfunction?

Shouldn't participtate in anything that's competetive if that's how insane of a sore loser he is.

#7 Posted by BluRayHiDef (10839 posts) -

@Crunchy_Nuts said:

I imaging the cost of this whole thing goes into the tens of thousands at least.

The household responsible for deliberate misuse of emergency services should be sent a bill.

Why would it cost so much money?

#8 Posted by ad1x2 (5838 posts) -

@BluRayHiDef: Fuel costs, coordination, etc. It might not reach tens of thousands but it's definitely in the thousands.

#9 Posted by lamprey263 (26156 posts) -

I'm curious as to how he even knew the teen's home address, unless they already knew each other.

#10 Posted by Behardy24 (5324 posts) -
@lamprey263 said:

I'm curious as to how he even knew the teen's home address, unless they already knew each other.

It said within the story that kid probably got a hold of the teen's home by tracking his IP address.

#11 Posted by Motokid6 (6439 posts) -

Thats CoD for ya ..

#12 Posted by THE_DRUGGIE (24991 posts) -

Apparently, this happens enough to have its own terminology!

Oh yay

#13 Posted by xdude85 (4648 posts) -

What an asshole.

#14 Posted by turtlethetaffer (17223 posts) -

CoD, bringing out the best of the best in today's youth.

#15 Posted by Wilfred_Owen (20915 posts) -

@THE_DRUGGIE said:

Oh yay

I'm Swatting you next.

#16 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (9931 posts) -

@Wilfred_Owen said:

@THE_DRUGGIE said:

Oh yay

I'm Swatting you next.

No, you're not.

#17 Posted by plageus900 (1395 posts) -

@Crunchy_Nuts said:

Luckily, the kid that made the call can be sent to jail for this.

#18 Edited by Master_Live (15836 posts) -

And this mamaluk should go to jail, then they can play COD on his ass.

#19 Posted by Alienware_fan (1514 posts) -

fucking planetary jokes

#20 Posted by SolidSnake35 (58235 posts) -

I hate online gaming. It's dragging gaming into the dirt.

#21 Posted by Hiddai (6089 posts) -

@loco145:

LOL. Only in the US!

#22 Posted by Detroit222 (5365 posts) -

In MY day, Swatting someone meant something quite different as in "IF YOU DON'T STOP THAT, I'LL SWAT YOU INTO NEXT WEEK!"