CIA admits to hacking the senate

#1 Edited by The_Last_Ride (71248 posts) -

Link

Wow! What the hell are those guys doing? USA is basicly tapping everyone, even themselves and even those in power... Who has even control over these guys?

#2 Posted by Jd1680a (5932 posts) -

This is really bad for check and balance for the United States. The executive branch is now spying on Legisative branch is not a good thing. What is equally bad is the Department of Justice wont pursue any criminal charges against anyone in the CIA. That would means the entire executive branch wont police itself.

#3 Posted by Hexagon_777 (20038 posts) -

Anything else would not be patriotic. The CIA needs to protect its citizens from potential terrorists in the senate.

#4 Posted by The_Last_Ride (71248 posts) -

Anything else would not be patriotic. The CIA needs to protect its citizens from potential terrorists in the senate.

Really? I bet you think it's ok for NSA to spy on us europeans

#5 Posted by Hexagon_777 (20038 posts) -

@Hexagon_777 said:

Anything to keep freedom fries from being French fries again.

#6 Posted by LJS9502_basic (150713 posts) -

@Hexagon_777 said:

Yes

#7 Posted by Solaryellow (477 posts) -

According to the Congress it is unconstitutional to spy on the members but it is perfectly within the constitution to execute warrantless spying on citizens.

#8 Posted by The_Last_Ride (71248 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride said:

@Hexagon_777 said:

Yes

No it's not ahole. You are not allowed to spy on your allies...

#9 Posted by AutoPilotOn (8424 posts) -
#10 Edited by LJS9502_basic (150713 posts) -

@LJS9502_basic said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@Hexagon_777 said:

Yes

No it's not ahole. You are not allowed to spy on your allies...

LOL naive or stupid. Hey guess what....all major countries do in fact spy on each other.

#11 Posted by AutoPilotOn (8424 posts) -

@LJS9502_basic: if they are gonna spy on their own people the least the could do is share the love with rest of the world too lol

#12 Posted by LJS9502_basic (150713 posts) -

@LJS9502_basic: if they are gonna spy on their own people the least the could do is share the love with rest of the world too lol

Well all countries keep an eye on each other. Have been for a long long time. It's not just the US and the user thinking that is just misguided and naive at best...or a total fool.

As for citizens be it domestic or foreign...they really don't have the time nor manpower to spy at will. They do keep an eye on someone if certain words are caught...ie John Doe on a radical website or some such. But to think they sit around listening to people chatting or texting buddies is just a bit too out there.

Also in 2014 why does spell check not understand the word texting?

#13 Posted by AutoPilotOn (8424 posts) -
#14 Posted by LJS9502_basic (150713 posts) -

@LJS9502_basic: what about world of Warcraft?

It's public isn't it? Let's say you work for an intelligence agency in x country. You play WoW. Wouldn't you notice if something was said there? People in intel are simply people when you come down to it. Not sure what happened on WoW but if someone caught something then it would probably get a look.

#15 Posted by The_Last_Ride (71248 posts) -

@LJS9502_basic: i can bet you that my country does not spy on america, that's for sure

#16 Posted by gamerguru100 (10580 posts) -

LMFAO wow.

#17 Posted by sibu_xgamer (339 posts) -

Madness is everywhere nowadays in the US. Further signs of decadence.

It reminds me of an interview with Alan Moore. As a journalist he once was asked to research on the CIA undercover operations throughout the world. He came to the conclusion that there was no specific conspiracy theory, the US government's doings seem to be guided by a aimless path of absurd delusional madness trying experiments here and there but nothing too concrete or well-thought out.

#18 Posted by LJS9502_basic (150713 posts) -
#19 Posted by The_Last_Ride (71248 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride said:

@LJS9502_basic: i can bet you that my country does not spy on america, that's for sure

If it's a major country....yes.

It's not, how would you have liked to know that Germany for example tapped all phones, emails and everything about you for example? You wouldn't. Just because you accept the fact that it's ok for the US to spy on us, doesn't mean it is.

#20 Edited by Shaaz786 (1 posts) -