Christmas stuff in stores already

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Jd1680a (5898 posts) -

Does it annoy you when stores will put out Christmas items and decorations the day after Halloween ends? What I mean of Christmas items is when they put products on sale for the intent for someone to buy it as a gift for someone else.

#2 Posted by thegerg (14414 posts) -

No. I have real things to be concerned about. It's silly to be annoyed by something so small that impacts me so little.

#3 Edited by ferrari2001 (16677 posts) -

Actually I work at wal-mart and they've been setting up Christmas stuff for about 3 weeks now.

#4 Posted by sukraj (21641 posts) -

xmas is just a few weeks away so no I'm not surprised by this.

#5 Posted by LJS9502_basic (149522 posts) -

No it doesn't bother me. I expect it. Retail stores need the holiday to make a profit. Naturally they want to get shoppers thinking about the season. And It's almost here anyway.

#6 Edited by Makhaidos (1611 posts) -

Actually I work at wal-mart and they've been setting up Christmas stuff for about 3 weeks now.

Same for Target. The Christmas stuff and the Halloween stuff have been side-by-side for a while.

#7 Posted by konvikt_17 (22106 posts) -

doesnt bother me at all.

love christmas

#8 Edited by Hallenbeck77 (14269 posts) -

That's nothing--the local Macy's here started selling Christmas stuff since the last week of September. It was a small section at first, but grew within the last few weeks.

#9 Posted by LexLas (4163 posts) -

I actually started buying gifts last month, its just logical. THey want to make as much money as possible. If you see it, you'll want to buy it. Christmas decorations are a reminder for you to spend your $$$ hard earned cash.

#10 Posted by TAMKFan (32705 posts) -

It's not uncommon to see Christmas stuff in stores even before Halloween. But anyway, they should wait a bit longer before putting Christmas items up.

#11 Edited by AmazonTreeBoa (16480 posts) -

No it doesn't bother me. Seems pretty childish to me for it to bother somebody.

#12 Posted by marcheegsr (2431 posts) -

Doesn't bother me. Favourite time of the year.

#13 Posted by Tqricardinho (340 posts) -

Say hi to capitalism.

#14 Posted by byof_america (1335 posts) -

It's the mOst wonderful tiiiiime of the yeeeaaaaarrrr

So why not remind us the wonderfulness of the season early.

#15 Posted by BranKetra (47505 posts) -

Is this your first time in a retail store at this time of the year?

#16 Edited by sukraj (21641 posts) -

Doesn't bother me. Favourite time of the year.

Mine too

#17 Posted by hippiesanta (9735 posts) -

Lets go shopping my fellow atheist

#18 Edited by CommandoAgent (726 posts) -

Say hi to capitalism.

Yup Christmas was supposed spending time with your family and friends.

#19 Posted by JohnF111 (14009 posts) -

Remember the news article about christmas food that expired before christmas, been happening for years, it just means there are more sales and less chance for me to forget to buy something. I like getting everything nice and early so it suits me fine.

#20 Posted by SheBites (35 posts) -

There were holiday aisles at the store a week before Halloween. Thought that was a little weird.