This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for samanthademeste
samanthademeste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll cats or dogs? (42 votes)

cats 57%
dogs 43%

Which one would you say makes a better pet?

• 
Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#1 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

Dogs. I strongly dislike cats.

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11125 Posts

I like both but I prefer dogs.

Ring_of_fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Ring_of_fire
Member since 2003 • 15880 Posts

the only correct answer: cats

BravoOneActual

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 1

#4 BravoOneActual
Member since 2010 • 799 Posts

Cats tend to be tough and stringy... only good for stewing. Dogs are gamy, but definitely better for hanging and dry curing. Of course, free range is preferable to factory farming for either.

Definitely dogs, though.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b797108c254e
deactivated-5b797108c254e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#5  Edited By deactivated-5b797108c254e
Member since 2013 • 11245 Posts

Dogs; I find cats useless and too self important for an animal whose life consists in scratching stuff and licking itself.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#7 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

Dogs, you can get a closer bond with a dog as its more loyal intelligent etc.

They become one of the family, my cats come and go as they please and get about there own business, my dogis different.

They become and important part of your life and you are thier life.

hecklion101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 hecklion101
Member since 2014 • 44 Posts

Dogs for life!!!

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 AutoPilotOn
Member since 2010 • 8655 Posts

I have 2 cats and 2 dogs. I say both. Both of my dogs crave my attention and 1 of my cats loves to be around people as well. My other cat hates me I think.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d693385560c3
deactivated-5d693385560c3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 deactivated-5d693385560c3
Member since 2012 • 666 Posts

I like cats more.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

Cats. I value their sense of individuality and respect their ability to tell me to **** off when they like. Dogs are dopey and readable. Always happy. They may be more personable I'll admit, but they are also boring as a consequence. I've had much stronger connection to cats than I've ever had to dogs. Plus, cats never present a threat. Dogs can mess you up pretty bad.

Eh. Robert said it best.

Loading Video...

Kevlar101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#13  Edited By Kevlar101
Member since 2011 • 6316 Posts

@MirkoS77 said:

Cats. I value their sense of individuality and respect their ability to tell me to **** off when they like. Dogs are dopey and readable. Always happy. They may be more personable I'll admit, but they are also boring as a consequence. I've had much stronger connection to cats than I've ever had to dogs. Plus, cats never present a threat. Dogs can mess you up pretty bad.

Bikouchu35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Bikouchu35
Member since 2009 • 8344 Posts

@MirkoS77 said:

My cat was pretty mean and cold especially to other strays including her kids! Still she would wait by the door every night to come in just to sleepy by my side or maybe she was just using me for body warmth. I think people tend to dislike cats because they aren't very friendly to visitors or those in the household that never gained their trust and affection, so that paints a bad impression to many. They are indeed hard to win over, but I'm bias as I never owned a dog.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

@Bikouchu35 said:

@MirkoS77 said:

My cat was pretty mean and cold especially to other strays including her kids! Still she would wait by the door every night to come in just to sleepy by my side or maybe she was just using me for body warmth. I think people tend to dislike cats because they aren't very friendly to visitors or those in the household that never gained their trust and affection, so that paints a bad impression to many. They are indeed hard to win over, but I'm bias as I never owned a dog.

Yea you bring up a good point. Cats don't give their affection easily, and I can see that as being a large turn-off to many. That's kind of why I like them though. Cats have always struck me as more intelligent also, though sheep herding breeds (can't remember the name) are very bright, or so I've heard.

Avatar image for CreasianDevaili
CreasianDevaili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 CreasianDevaili
Member since 2005 • 4429 Posts

As pets I prefer dogs for a companion. I prefer cats for entertainment.

For drop offs it is a tad difference.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#18 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

I don't like cats but I do like dogs.

Avatar image for delete-easycomeeasygo
delete-EasyComeEasyGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 delete-EasyComeEasyGo
Member since 2011 • 382 Posts

I'm a Cat lover so Cats is the correct answer. I have a Cat who looks like the Looney Tune Show, Sylvester.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b19214ec908b
deactivated-5b19214ec908b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 deactivated-5b19214ec908b
Member since 2007 • 25072 Posts

As someone who owns both dogs and cats. Cats.

Dogs are smelly, loud stupid and ungrateful.

Cats are clean, quite, intelligent, and independent.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

Cats. Low maintenance. Dogs are needy.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 deactivated-5b797108c254e

I think in my entire life I have only met 3 cat people (obviously it's not something I ask, but with everybody with whom the subject came up, the answer is normally dogs). Guess the cat people are all in OT.

Xeno_ghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Xeno_ghost
Member since 2014 • 990 Posts

@korvus: "Dogs; I find cats useless and too self important for an animal whose life consists in scratching stuff and licking itself."

I actually love that quality in cats, dogs are always trying to please their owners they just kiss ass all day long, cats just don't give a shit lol. I still love dogs though.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 deactivated-5b797108c254e

@xeno_ghost: Why does them not give a shit make them better pets? =P If you don't really want interactions with your pet then why have them? I feel like cats couldn't give 2 shits whether you exist or not...to me, that makes them more expensive decoration than pets. Then again, if you don't really have much time to look after your pet and you just want something to snuggle with (of they let you), I guess a cat would be preferable to a dog =)

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebea105efb64
deactivated-5ebea105efb64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#25  Edited By deactivated-5ebea105efb64
Member since 2013 • 7262 Posts

Well I have over ten cats(pussies) . Damn those cats don't have birth control thingies.

bforrester420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 bforrester420
Member since 2014 • 3480 Posts

@MirkoS77 said:

@Bikouchu35 said:

@MirkoS77 said:

Yea you bring up a good point. Cats don't give their affection easily, and I can see that as being a large turn-off to many. That's kind of why I like them though. Cats have always struck me as more intelligent also, though sheep herding breeds (can't remember the name) are very bright, or so I've heard.

Though there are many herding breeds, you might be thinking of the Border Collie. Those dogs are incredibly intelligent.

I'm torn on this. Before I had a cat, I would have unequivocally voted dog, but they each have their pros and cons. Dogs are much more needy. If I want to take a week long ski vacation, I have to arrange and pay for pet care with a dog. My cat? I just have to leave her plenty of food and water for the week. I thing the bond between man and dog is stronger, but cats are very curious and amusing in their behavior. I also respect their individuality.

Xeno_ghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Xeno_ghost
Member since 2014 • 990 Posts

@korvus: cats can be quite affectionate actually, it's more strangers that they don't take kindly to, plus there is nothing cuter than a little fluffy kitten(-10 man points). And cats actually have a life :P they go out and get up to all sorts and come home when they are ready, some times even bringing a gift home like a dead mouse or bird, aww how sweet. I do love dogs they are so clever and in tune with humans and a tonne of fun.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By deactivated-5b797108c254e

@xeno_ghost: You're probably right, but I see cats as takers and dogs as givers (of course that's not always the case) but with dogs I always feel that they genuinely want to make you happy, and they pay attention to what you do and what you want of them, like a family member would. Cats normally (again, by my experience) want their needs met, couldn't care less if yours are, and comes home to eat your food and maybe get some petting, kind of when you rent somebody a room (minus the petting, I guess =P). That makes cats no less intelligent, but just not what I look for in a pet.

Acillatem1993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Acillatem1993
Member since 2011 • 1100 Posts

Woof.

@korvus So...what happened to your pm? =D

Avatar image for delete-easycomeeasygo
delete-EasyComeEasyGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By delete-EasyComeEasyGo
Member since 2011 • 382 Posts

@Gamerno6666: I see what you did there. Your not fooling me buddy.

I_Return

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 I_Return
Member since 2014 • 873 Posts

Neither. Spiders are the way to go.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 deactivated-5ebea105efb64

@EasyComeEasyGo: Hehe . ;)

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38677 Posts

a read an assessment of cats vs. dogs as pets and it went something like this.

if you were shrunk down to the size of a mouse, your pet dog would still love you. your pet cat would eat you.

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

Dogs. Cats that act like dogs are nice, but the majority of cats are shitty. I remember having to feed my cousins pets and as I was about to put food into the cat's bowl it hisses at me. Well **** you, no food for you. The dogs ate great, though. The next day it didn't hiss at me and it got fed.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#35 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

Cats.

I enjoy dogs and love their affection, but cats have this air of independence about them that I love even more, and when they are affectionate, they really show it. That and they are practically maintenance free.

thatnordicguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By thatnordicguy
Member since 2014 • 150 Posts

Dogs are so much better than cats in about every single way.

Dogs are loyal

Dogs form a sort of emotional bond with you that you can't get from a cat

Dogs save people's lives

Dogs are cuter(though this is mainly personal preference)

Dogs are goofy as hell and make you laugh

You can actually go outside and play with your dog, unlike with cats

Cats are complete assholes most of the time that scratch you for no reason

vl4d_l3nin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 vl4d_l3nin
Member since 2013 • 3700 Posts

Cats make better pets, dogs make better companions.

thatnordicguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By thatnordicguy
Member since 2014 • 150 Posts

@vl4d_l3nin: Going to have to disagree with you here. There are many different breeds of dogs, some more resembling a pet and some resembling more of a companion. Some even both. And you can train dogs to act a certain way, which is another reason why dogs are so great.

kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 kitty  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 115429 Posts

The only answer for this poll is cats :P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 deactivated-5ebea105efb64

@kitty said:

The only answer for this poll is cats :P

pfft. not biased at all.

edwise18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 edwise18
Member since 2008 • 1533 Posts

Neither.

Blutfahne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Blutfahne
Member since 2014 • 276 Posts

@comp_atkins said:

a read an assessment of cats vs. dogs as pets and it went something like this.

if you were shrunk down to the size of a mouse, your pet dog would still love you. your pet cat would eat you.

That's pretty good haha.

Yes I remember a paramedics story now about how when old people die alone in their homes their animals will eat them. Dogs usually hold out as long as possible and I think they said some may starve to death. While cats will start eating as soon as they are hungry but only if they cannot find food or get outside. If they get outside they'll flourish as the planet's deadliest hunter.

OT: If I live in the city I have cat but if I live in the mountains with no fences, leashes etc then I want a dog. A smart dog too not some pure bred barking idiot. That's one thing about cat's and dogs how it's really hard to find a stupid cat but like at least 80% of all dogs are retarded. A dog I could take into the woods and put down while I could never do that to a little kitty.

TheFlush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#43  Edited By TheFlush
Member since 2002 • 5965 Posts

I love dogs because they are loyal, playful and sweet, but they're more like servants. Whereas cats are not so dependent, I find that '**** you I'm not in the mood right now' attitude extremely funny, cats aren't as predictable. However my cat is such a docile and sweet natured huggable ball of fur, she's always in a good mood and she loves everybody (except small children, because they're are too loud and wild). She's always within an arms length around me, she never hisses or claws, she doesn't scratch the furniture either. She's a completely indoor cat, always laid-back. If I wasn't working fulltime and was not living in an apartment, I'd like to have a dog as well, I'm sure my cat would like him/her because she's very friendly to visitor dogs in my home.

DaX_Factor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 DaX_Factor
Member since 2003 • 167 Posts

@BravoOneActual said:

Cats tend to be tough and stringy... only good for stewing. Dogs are gamy, but definitely better for hanging and dry curing. Of course, free range is preferable to factory farming for either.

Definitely dogs, though.

Nothing better than Husky Jerky!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 deactivated-5b797108c254e
@TheFlush said:

I love dogs because they are loyal, playful and sweet, but they're more like servants. Whereas cats are not so dependent, I find that '**** you I'm not in the mood right now' attitude extremely funny, cats aren't as predictable. However my cat is such a docile and sweet natured huggable ball of fur, she's always in a good mood and she loves everybody (except small children, because they're are too loud and wild). She's always within an arms length around me, she never hisses or claws, she doesn't scratch the furniture either. She's a completely indoor cat, always laid-back. If I wasn't working fulltime and was not living in an apartment, I'd like to have a dog as well, I'm sure my cat would like him/her because she's very friendly to visitor dogs in my home.

Sounds like a great cat. Only met one or 2 like that but they were amazingly friendly to everybody, like they actually enjoyed having you around even if they didn't need food or their head scratched =P

Curlyfrii87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Curlyfrii87
Member since 2004 • 15057 Posts

Cats > Dogs