Cannibal, Carnivore, Omnivore, Vegetarian, Vegan.

The_Vampress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Poll Cannibal, Carnivore, Omnivore, Vegetarian, Vegan. (22 votes)

Cannibal 5%
Carnivore 9%
Omnivore 59%
Vegetarian 5%
Vegan 5%
Other... 0%
I EATS ANYTHING! 18%

What say you?

Side note, weirdest thing you've ever eaten or would consider eating?

• 
Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

I'm a Omnivore and the weirdest thing I ever ate was magic mushrooms.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58530 Posts

Omnivore, though I try to keep the majority of my intake vegetable-based (for a variety of reasons). Sometimes I will eat vegan on accident lol.

As for the weirdest thing, well I'm open-minded but not adventurous so I wouldn't say I've had anything weird. A lot of Japanese food is kind of weird (to Western palettes, at least). Some of the yakitori is pretty out there, like grilled chicken tendons, beef intestine....it's all nicely charred and sauced so it's more of a textural thing, it's tastes fine though. Crunchy animal protein is weird to me, though, the texture really throws me off.

Natto is probably the most out-there thing, though. I mean it's just fermented soybeans, not really that weird, but it's really freaking gross. People that like it really like it, though.

Yup, mucus'y, slimy strands of fermented soybeans that smell like month-old gym clothes.

I would like to try human some day, if the person was willing. Believe it or not there are really weird niche groups out there where people willingly amputate a part of their body, and then sometimes they cook that part of their body. There's at least one story where a person did this and invited a bunch of their friends and like-minded people to eat it. It's like "Hey I'm having a dinner party, the entree is my foot and calf. You might call it Frank's Shank braised with Fava Beans"

Ffft ffftt fffft ffft ffft

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By mrbojangles25

@The_Vampress: What about you? Can't ask a question without answering it! 😁😊

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23998 Posts

Vegetarian. Cheese is too yummy to go vegan.

Health reasons. I was kinda fat until I used this diet. Gone down a lot weight.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#6 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9436 Posts

I'll eat almost everything.... almost.

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7  Edited By DEVILinIRON
Member since 2006 • 8786 Posts
Loading Video...

Pretty much this if if ever happens. I eat what's given.

firedrakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By firedrakes
Member since 2004 • 4390 Posts

@pyro1245 said:

I'll eat almost everything.... almost.

but arby's

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#9  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34785 Posts

I try to eat a bit of everything, just as our bodies are intended to do.

@mrbojangles25 said:

I would like to try human some day, if the person was willing.

Yeah, same. Would be interesting.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9839 Posts

I ate surströmming (fermented fish), and it’s smell is gag inducing. The fish itself wasn’t half as bad….salty, but because the texture is familiar it went down just fine. Had to throw my clothes away though, even though we sat outside. Smell was embedded.

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 14

#11 Speeny
Member since 2018 • 3357 Posts

I eat everything. Though, I'd like to consider myself predominantly as a vegetarian.

As for the weirdest thing I've ever eaten...I'm not entirely sure. For some on here, eating Kangaroo may be considered weird. I'm definitely not a fan of it though. Simply because I feel bad eating it and I've only ever eaten it well done, hence why it was tough.

It's not as common in the west but, I absolutely love goat meat. It especially tastes incredible in curry.

I'd like to try Surströmming and snails, on the other hand.

Avatar image for deactivated-64fbf588222fb
deactivated-64fbf588222fb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#13 deactivated-64fbf588222fb
Member since 2021 • 1253 Posts

@mrbojangles25: Try eating monkeys 🤭

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By mrbojangles25
@kazumakiryu21 said:

@mrbojangles25: Try eating monkeys 🤭

Nah, that's how AIDS and Ebola got started.

They're (we're?) probably similar in taste though, right? Hmmm...maybe as a last meal.

"Chef, fetch me an orangutan!"

Avatar image for deactivated-64fbf588222fb
deactivated-64fbf588222fb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 deactivated-64fbf588222fb
Member since 2021 • 1253 Posts

HeHe Mr B

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 mrbojangles25

@girlusocrazy: chicken feet aren't bad, they're like really bony chicken wings.

Just try not to think about how they spent their life walking in chicken shit.

The_Vampress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#18 The_Vampress
Member since 2006 • 6472 Posts

@mrbojangles25:

Forever an omnivore!

Worst (weirdest) thing I've ever eaten is one of those fake burgers at A&W. I cried inside the entire time eating it. At least I can say I've tried it, but never ever again. Real meat all the way. Now I want a big juicy hamburger.... omnomnom

I'd probably try human too.... though if human meat is anything like wild game then maybe a vegetarian/vegan would make for better eatings XD all them sweat fruits n veggies!

That being said, I wouldn't mind trying cat meat. Who knows, maybe I've already had some and didn't know.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56434 Posts

I'm a picky eater and I'm from the South so I tend to eat mostly Southern food but other than that, Omnivore is mostly what I am. What if I told you all that I used to eat a Possum (Opossum) when I was a kid? Taste like rodent chicken lol.

omegaMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By omegaMaster
Member since 2017 • 3498 Posts

Easily omnivore. Love my veggies and meat. You can never go wrong with a pizza, burger or fries :D

One of the niche foods I like that many people are freaked out of is Century Egg. You'll find these in Chinese restaurants as a dish called Century Egg Congee. I bet no one here, except for Asians, has tried this tasty egg (it's really good)! It may look really weird, but never judge a book by its cover.

omegaMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 omegaMaster

@mrbojangles25 said:

I would like to try human some day, if the person was willing. Believe it or not there are really weird niche groups out there where people willingly amputate a part of their body, and then sometimes they cook that part of their body. There's at least one story where a person did this and invited a bunch of their friends and like-minded people to eat it. It's like "Hey I'm having a dinner party, the entree is my foot and calf. You might call it Frank's Shank braised with Fava Beans"

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By mrbojangles25
@omegamaster said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

Dude it's a real thing called body integrity identity disorder.

And here is an article about a guy that cooked his amputated foot (into delicious tacos, no less!). Granted, he did not suffer from BIID, but was victim of a bad accident where his foot had to be amputated. Anyway he asked the doctor "Can I keep my foot?" and the doctor was like "Umm, sure?" and lo and behold here we are.

There are, surprisingly, ethical ways to be a cannibal 😁🤣😉

Just watch out for the prions.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By mrbojangles25
@omegamaster said:

Easily omnivore. Love my veggies and meat. You can never go wrong with a pizza, burger or fries :D

One of the niche foods I like that many people are freaked out of is Century Egg. You'll find these in Chinese restaurants as a dish called Century Egg Congee. I bet no one here, except for Asians, has tried this tasty egg (it's really good)! It may look really weird, but never judge a book by its cover.

LOL omg I totally forgot about balut, thanks for reminding me. That's the weirdest thing I've ever had. Closest thing I've had to century egg was balut while in Vietnam, which was not as disgusting as you would think it is.

Basically it's a fertilized chicken embryo (think chicken-in-the-shell) that's been boiled.

Again, it was the texture that threw me off. The flavor was OK, very savory/umami. Smell was slightly menstrual which took some getting used to.

omegaMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 omegaMaster
@mrbojangles25 said:
@omegamaster said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

Dude it's a real thing called body integrity identity disorder.

And here is an article about a guy that cooked his amputated foot (into delicious tacos, no less!). Granted, he did not suffer from BIID, but was victim of a bad accident where his foot had to be amputated. Anyway he asked the doctor "Can I keep my foot?" and the doctor was like "Umm, sure?" and lo and behold here we are.

There are, surprisingly, ethical ways to be a cannibal 😁🤣😉

Just watch out for the prions.

I would have called the cops and arrest them.

omegaMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 omegaMaster
@mrbojangles25 said:
@omegamaster said:

LOL omg I totally forgot about balut, thanks for reminding me. That's the weirdest thing I've ever had. Closest thing I've had to century egg was balut while in Vietnam, which was not as disgusting as you would think it is.

Basically it's a fertilized chicken embryo (think chicken-in-the-shell) that's been boiled.

Again, it was the texture that threw me off. The flavor was OK, very savory/umami. Smell was slightly menstrual which took some getting used to.

I was hoping someone in this forum had tried Balut and we have found one! Would it be something you would eat again? If it was me, I would look away and pretend I never saw it. I will never understand how balut is acceptable in today's Vietnam

erwinthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#26 erwinthedevil
Member since 2012 • 45 Posts

I am Omnivore!