Candy Champions Discussion

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by JodyR (16412 posts) -

Alright Candy champions! You all worked really good together, and to make sure this candy battle emblem is put to good use, we'll grant the emblem to those we had host images for the candies list, helped find the emblems -and- you can participate in this activity up until 11:59pm PT today.

Name what kind of candy reminds you of yourselves, and tell us why? Is it because your sweet or sour? or just right?

Important note: Your off-topic forum posting activity will be checked into. So, be sure to note that if you aren't a poster here, you'll likely not receive the OT champions emblem for interacting in this post about OT's victory today!

#2 Posted by m0zart (11568 posts) -

I remind myself of a Zagnut. Why? Because it's somehow both crunchy and smooth. It's nutty, but well processed.

#3 Posted by parkurtommo (27655 posts) -

I am not among the candy-hosters?

This is an outrage :x

#4 Posted by ExoticAnimal (39796 posts) -
[QUOTE="m0zart"]

I thought this would be a much closer race. Either that, or SW would cream OT. Glad to see I was wrong.

You doubted us? :( Anyways, always loved 3 Musketeers. It is a chocolate-covered fluffy whipped chocolate bar and was whipped when I was younger so kinda represents my child hood. :P
#5 Posted by JodyR (16412 posts) -

parkurtommo

You would have been too obvious! ;) Not everyone was selected for being super duper active. I had to throw in some curveballs.

#6 Posted by kulmiye (12094 posts) -
Serious business is going on in here it seems. Either way I going with skittles before anybody else comes in and says so. Why you ask? Who doesn't like rainbows and by rainbows I mean rainbow da-.
#7 Posted by 194197844077667059316682358889 (49173 posts) -
M&M because I melt in your mouth and not in your hands? Too obvious? I'm curious how the well-informed overlords (and ladies) of the community knew that Caramello is my fave candy bar o_O
#8 Posted by parkurtommo (27655 posts) -

Hmm let's see...

I think... Anything sour...

I'm sorry, I'll just have to go with dark chocolate :P

Because I'm tasty, and a deep fellow 8)

:p

#9 Posted by PiscesChick93 (10713 posts) -

Well done guys!! :)

My suggestion for xaos was too late :(

I knew OT would do well!

Anywho, I would say skittles, because they are bright and full of happy colours, and I'm a happy person! :)

#10 Posted by hesel (2738 posts) -

I'll just leave this here

http://youtu.be/04854XqcfCY :P
#11 Posted by Dan_Lero (7485 posts) -
Is the activity over then or? Im confused
#12 Posted by vguy555 (4625 posts) -

I guess Sour Patch Kids, I really like their slogan...first they're sour, then they're sweet, I can relate that to myself. :P

#13 Posted by harry_james_pot (11171 posts) -

parkurtommo
Me neither. :( But then again i don`t really post outside RC, and finding the candy was lots of fun. :D
#14 Posted by kitty (114994 posts) -

Hmm let's see...

I think... Anything sour...

I'm sorry, I'll just have to go with dark chocolate :P

Because I'm tasty, and a deep fellow 8)

:p

parkurtommo
too much candy talk *goes to get some milky ways :P*
#15 Posted by JodyR (16412 posts) -

Is the activity over then or? Im confusedDan_Lero
Yep, OT won the scavenger hunt. I think many of you follow each other's profiles to figure it out? I did throw a variety of curveballs to both forums though (making sure some people didn't have that many followers for both sides).

#16 Posted by MistressMinako (45922 posts) -
Do I get the candy in my profile sent to me for free? :o I will love you guys forever. And how did you guys know to put Sour Patch there?! Reading into my post history I see!
#17 Posted by KiIIyou (27154 posts) -
Sour Punch Straws on account of we both fall down the stairs the same way, unless it's one of those stale ones that I keep managing to buy instead, those ones are pretty stiff but I spose we'd be similar if I was dead.
#18 Posted by Teenaged (31748 posts) -

It doesnt remind me of myself but I'll pick this:

I havent had it in ages.

#19 Posted by MistressMinako (45922 posts) -
Sour Punch Straws on account of we both fall down the stairs the same way, unless it's one of those stale ones that I keep managing to buy instead, those ones are pretty stiff but I spose we'd be similar if I was dead.KiIIyou
I love that candy as well and I hate the stale ones omg I try to feel the package for a bit before buying.
#20 Posted by LJS9502_basic (152304 posts) -
They matched candy to user? Uh.....that means I'm a lover not a fighter...right?:o
#21 Posted by PiscesChick93 (10713 posts) -

It doesnt remind me of myself but I'll pick this:

I havent had it in ages.

Teenaged

Good choice!

Love Bounty.

#22 Posted by KiIIyou (27154 posts) -
[QUOTE="KiIIyou"]Sour Punch Straws on account of we both fall down the stairs the same way, unless it's one of those stale ones that I keep managing to buy instead, those ones are pretty stiff but I spose we'd be similar if I was dead.MistressMinako
I love that candy as well and I hate the stale ones omg I try to feel the package for a bit before buying.

If ones stale I just assume the rest are also and I don't want zero Straws so I settle with the stales.
#23 Posted by 194197844077667059316682358889 (49173 posts) -
They matched candy to user? Uh.....that means I'm a lover not a fighter...right?:oLJS9502_basic
I have confidence in you; I think that you can be both!
#24 Posted by LJS9502_basic (152304 posts) -
[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]They matched candy to user? Uh.....that means I'm a lover not a fighter...right?:oxaos
I have confidence in you; I think that you can be both!

Aw thanks man.....:oops:
#25 Posted by fidosim (12901 posts) -

I'm sort of like a Kit-Kat bar, since everyone tries to break off a piece of me. :cool:

When I was little my mom would make me sing the jingle to the checkout girls at the grocery store. Occasionally they'd give me one for free if they thought I was cute. :P

#26 Posted by Dan_Lero (7485 posts) -

What kind of candy reminds me of myself? I'd have to go with any chocolate by Thorntons!

#27 Posted by 194197844077667059316682358889 (49173 posts) -
[QUOTE="fidosim"]I'm sort of like a Kit-Kat bar, since everyone tries to break off a piece of me. 8) When I was little my mom would make me sing the jingle to the checkout girls at the grocery store. Occasionally they'd give me one for free if they thought I was cute. :P

So you're saying that you prostituted yourself for candy? Shameless
#28 Posted by MistressMinako (45922 posts) -
[QUOTE="MistressMinako"][QUOTE="KiIIyou"]Sour Punch Straws on account of we both fall down the stairs the same way, unless it's one of those stale ones that I keep managing to buy instead, those ones are pretty stiff but I spose we'd be similar if I was dead.KiIIyou

If ones stale I just assume the rest are also and I don't want zero Straws so I settle with the stales.

Well, maybe I would if that was the last one but if there are many behind the one I picked up then I am going to keep searching.
#29 Posted by fidosim (12901 posts) -
[QUOTE="fidosim"]I'm sort of like a Kit-Kat bar, since everyone tries to break off a piece of me. 8) When I was little my mom would make me sing the jingle to the checkout girls at the grocery store. Occasionally they'd give me one for free if they thought I was cute. :Pxaos
So you're saying that you prostituted yourself for candy? Shameless

If you got it, flaunt it. :cool:
#30 Posted by Dariency (9406 posts) -

Well, I do like Snickers, but I'm more like Twix, because I always need a moment :P

#31 Posted by 789shadow (20195 posts) -

I don't mean to try to demean your victory or say you don't deserve this win, but over in SW, we found candy in profiles that literally made us go, "Who the hell is this" and "This guy hasn't been a regular in years".

#32 Posted by LJS9502_basic (152304 posts) -

I don't mean to try to demean your victory or say you don't deserve this win, but over in SW, we found candy in profiles that literally made us go, "Who the hell is this" and "This guy hasn't been a regular in years".

789shadow
Some of the people here aren't that well known either.
#33 Posted by arad96 (7727 posts) -

Ahh, I missed the activity. If only school was canceled for halloween. :x

Anyway, yay OT!

I am like a starburst. I am a juicy contradiction. I can also be sweet or sour! :o

#34 Posted by Allicrombie (25514 posts) -

789shadow
take it outside, Nerd. =P
#35 Posted by mrmusicman247 (17577 posts) -

789shadow
Didn't Jody say the peoples profiles were chosen from people who posted in the past 30 days?
#36 Posted by 789shadow (20195 posts) -

[QUOTE="789shadow"]

LJS9502_basic

But these are guys who people couldn't remember seeing post in months, even years. And let me put this in perspective. While all those relative unknowns got candy, Willy105 did not. That would be like you or Xaos not getting candy. He doens't compare in posting volume, but his name is ALWAYS in the sticky threads because he always posts SWM, which is always stickied.

#37 Posted by 789shadow (20195 posts) -

[QUOTE="789shadow"]

mrmusicman247

Didn't Jody say the peoples profiles were chosen from people who posted in the past 30 days?

Apparently, but this is rather weak. I suppose some of these people might have had significant activity in one thread in the past 30 days, but Nerd_man got one and everybody was like "That guy is not even around."

#38 Posted by LJS9502_basic (152304 posts) -

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="789shadow"]

789shadow

But these are guys who people couldn't remember seeing post in months, even years. And let me put this in perspective. While all those relative unknowns got candy, Willy105 did not. That would be like you or Xaos not getting candy. He doens't compare in posting volume, but his name is ALWAYS in the sticky threads because he always posts SWM, which is always stickied.

They did a mix of known and unknown. I checked the profiles of lots of known OT users and very few of them had candy. It wasn't one sided...
#39 Posted by 194197844077667059316682358889 (49173 posts) -

[QUOTE="mrmusicman247"][QUOTE="789shadow"]

789shadow

Apparently, but this is rather weak. I suppose some of these people might have had significant activity in one thread in the past 30 days, but Nerd_man got one and everybody was like "That guy is not even around."

Also, the sun was in your eyes and your dog at your homework :P JK, don't be mad!
#40 Posted by MrsSolidSnake (4930 posts) -

I've missed everything cos I was sleeping :(

I'm a Tim Tam because I'm Australian and Vegemite isn't a candy :D

#41 Posted by Allicrombie (25514 posts) -
[QUOTE="789shadow"]

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"] Some of the people here aren't that well known either.LJS9502_basic

They did a mix of known and unknown. I checked the profiles of lots of known OT users and very few of them had candy. It wasn't one sided...

yeah, quite a few prolific OTers didnt have it, was kind of surprised.
#42 Posted by Kcube (25389 posts) -
I'm not surprised..OT are champions. >_>
#43 Posted by Legolas_Katarn (15555 posts) -
Wow, that ended fast. Was looking for it to start in the morning took a break to play some Batman and its over when I get back. What candy? I guess I'll go with a Kit Kat bar. Lately everyone wants to borrow money from me, all trying to break off a piece.
#44 Posted by Allicrombie (25514 posts) -
I'm gonna go with skittles. I wear lots of pretty colors and am fruity? >.>
#45 Posted by sonicare (53607 posts) -

Ronald Reagan has been asking me for some of the candy you posted on my profile. Twas his favorite.

#46 Posted by sonicare (53607 posts) -
I'm gonna go with skittles. I wear lots of pretty colors and am fruity? >.>Allicrombie
Go with smarties. They have lots of pretty colors and they're smart.
#47 Posted by Stevo_the_gamer (43222 posts) -
I call shenanigans on this OT victory.
#48 Posted by AbuSharkas8 (4306 posts) -

I'll go with anything mint & chocklate though am not a fan of candies!

#49 Posted by Allicrombie (25514 posts) -
[QUOTE="Allicrombie"]I'm gonna go with skittles. I wear lots of pretty colors and am fruity? >.>sonicare

im not that smart. =P
#50 Posted by ExoticAnimal (39796 posts) -
[QUOTE="sonicare"][QUOTE="Allicrombie"]I'm gonna go with skittles. I wear lots of pretty colors and am fruity? >.>Allicrombie

im not that smart. =P

You didn't have to tell me that. :P