Can you dunk a basketball? And how tall are you?

• 51 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by BMD004 (5883 posts) -

I'm nearly 6'1" tall, and I have only dunked twice before. I'm at the point where I can get SO close to dunking, but not quite there (except for those 2 times).

#2 Posted by Logan1616 (3424 posts) -
5 feet 9 inches. Can't dunk.
#3 Posted by xTheExploited (12094 posts) -
Depends how high the rim is. :P I'm about 5'10.
#4 Posted by Head_of_games (10859 posts) -
I'll just say it: White guys can't jump. So no.
#5 Posted by Allicrombie (25197 posts) -
I doubt it, im only 5'2. =P
#6 Posted by JadeNic (905 posts) -

Not unless I am in an elementary school gym. I'm 5'9".

#7 Posted by rawsavon (40002 posts) -
Before my knees went to ****, I could touch the rim...but that's it. -which is weird b/c I have been able to palm a basketball since 8th grade I am 6'1
#8 Posted by GotFiveRings (420 posts) -
Nah, but I can touch the rim on a good day. I'm only 5'7 and white.
#9 Posted by comp_atkins (31432 posts) -
no and short ( hence the no )
#10 Posted by Pirate700 (46465 posts) -

I'm 5'10" and if I recall correctly, I could touch the rim but nothing even close to dunking.

#11 Posted by Aspen706 (4560 posts) -
I'm 6'1 and I can't.
#12 Posted by _Marisa_ (12204 posts) -
No, I can't dunk and I'm 5'5"
#13 Posted by SmittyPeppers (1569 posts) -
Barely, but I'm capable. I'm 6'.
#14 Posted by needled24-7 (15900 posts) -

i'm about 5'10'' and i can get rim if i jump without holding the ball, but i can't dunk. maybe one day...

#15 Posted by Genetic_Code (13126 posts) -
I'm 6'1" and I've been able to touch the rim since I was a freshman in high school when I was 5'10" but haven't made any more progress since. In fact, the last time I tried, I was unable to touch the rim.
#16 Posted by Agent-Zero (6196 posts) -
I'm 6 feet tall. And I can't. I can barely touch the rim. Keep in mind I am a white boy.
#17 Posted by DJ_Lae (42748 posts) -
6'5". Can.
#18 Posted by Pirate700 (46465 posts) -

I'm waiting for Spud Webb to show up in this thread. :P

#19 Posted by rawsavon (40002 posts) -
6'5". Can.DJ_Lae
Damn...I would hope so :lol:
#20 Posted by BMD004 (5883 posts) -
[QUOTE="DJ_Lae"]6'5". Can.

Cheater. lol. And to some other people above me saying that they are white so that explains why they can't dunk. I went to high school with a guy who is 6'5" and black. He could *barely* dunk. And he is a good player. He plays at Texas Tech and was recruited by Bobby Knight, so he's not a bad player. He just should have been able to jump way higher for his size. So a lot of times it doesn't matter if you are black or white.
#21 Posted by DJ_Lae (42748 posts) -
[QUOTE="DJ_Lae"]6'5". Can.rawsavon
Damn...I would hope so :lol:

Yeah, if I couldn't, then I'd have a problem. It's actually a good thing because I can't shoot a basketball worth **bleep**.
#22 Posted by rawsavon (40002 posts) -
[QUOTE="DJ_Lae"]6'5". Can.BMD004
Cheater. lol. And to some other people above me saying that they are white so that explains why they can't dunk. I went to high school with a guy who is 6'5" and black. He could *barely* dunk. And he is a good player. He plays at Texas Tech and was recruited by Bobby Knight, so he's not a bad player. He just should have been able to jump way higher for his size. So a lot of times it doesn't matter if you are black or white.

Who is it?
#23 Posted by SmittyPeppers (1569 posts) -
[QUOTE="BMD004"][QUOTE="DJ_Lae"]6'5". Can.

True, and I played against this guy that was around 6'6-7" at a park, and he played on a local college team and really couldn't ball for **** despite being able to dunk with ease.
#24 Posted by lxl_igor_lxl (86 posts) -

5.8", highly improbable.

#25 Posted by BMD004 (5883 posts) -

[QUOTE="BMD004"][QUOTE="DJ_Lae"]6'5". Can.rawsavon

Who is it?

Mike Singletary

#26 Posted by Xx_Hopeless_xX (16562 posts) -

Can't dunk..5'6..

#27 Posted by rawsavon (40002 posts) -

[QUOTE="rawsavon"][QUOTE="BMD004"] Cheater. lol. And to some other people above me saying that they are white so that explains why they can't dunk. I went to high school with a guy who is 6'5" and black. He could *barely* dunk. And he is a good player. He plays at Texas Tech and was recruited by Bobby Knight, so he's not a bad player. He just should have been able to jump way higher for his size. So a lot of times it doesn't matter if you are black or white.BMD004

Who is it?

Mike Singletary

Related to THE Mike Singletary right? (as in 49ers coach)
-I worked with someone from that family while living in Lubbock...small world

#28 Posted by whet40 (318 posts) -

I'm 6' tall and can dunk. I used to be able to do it just standing under the rim, but now I need at least a step or two. I'm not too good doing anything fancy. I'm white btw.

#29 Posted by elchiquilin (1311 posts) -
1.92 meters, yep I can dunk, tough I dont play basketball anymore, actually I only did 8 dunks, 6 on practice and 2 on game...On the whole 5 years I played basketball
#30 Posted by BMD004 (5883 posts) -

[QUOTE="BMD004"]

[QUOTE="rawsavon"] Who is it?rawsavon

Mike Singletary

Related to THE Mike Singletary right? (as in 49ers coach) -I worked with someone from that family...small world while living in Lubbock

I'm actually not sure if he is related to the football player. He moved to Houston from El Paso when we were in middle school.

#31 Posted by jpph (3337 posts) -

5 foot 10 inches and i can't dunk, i can just touch the rim.

#32 Posted by msudude211 (44516 posts) -
[size=11]Heck no... I can barely touch the backboard at 5'10" or so. [/size]
#33 Posted by Wolls (19119 posts) -
I dont know, i havn't played basketball in a while now. I am 6'2" though and i can jump pretty high
#34 Posted by thriteenthmonke (49824 posts) -
6'1" and can't even touch rim. I'm terrible at jumping. :(
#35 Posted by Strider_91 (6570 posts) -
I can dunk 9'5" inches quite comfortably.. not a full size rim though :twisted: I'm 6"2
#36 Posted by BMD004 (5883 posts) -
[QUOTE="msudude211"][size=11]Heck no... I can barely touch the backboard at 5'10" or so. [/size]

wow lol.
#37 Posted by msudude211 (44516 posts) -
[QUOTE="BMD004"][QUOTE="msudude211"][size=11]Heck no... I can barely touch the backboard at 5'10" or so. [/size]

wow lol.

[size=11]There's a movie called "White Men Can't Jump" for a reason. :P[/size]
#38 Posted by savebattery (3626 posts) -
I'm like 5'10". And no, I cannot dunk.
#39 Posted by -Big_Red- (7230 posts) -
I'm 5"6, and no I can't dunk. I'm a football guy.
#40 Posted by sonic_spark (4644 posts) -

6'0, and could dunk in high school. It wasn't clean, and I could definitely not do it in game. I'm out of basketball shape now though, I can barely grab the rim.

#41 Posted by CatsareTropic (32 posts) -

6'3 and can dunk. Can jump insanely high for being a white boy.

#42 Posted by Machoping (372 posts) -
Nah, but I can touch the rim on a good day. I'm only 5'7 and white.GotFiveRings
i am pretty much the same
#43 Edited by ayeitsanasian (6 posts) -

I'm 5'5 and can touch backboard on a 10 foot rim. :L Asian swag.

#44 Edited by Lord_Daemon (24259 posts) -

I'm 6' but I don't know if I can dunk as I've never tried. More than likely it's a "no" I would think.

#45 Posted by HuggyBear1020 (456 posts) -

I'm 6'2", could dunk back in high school but haven't tried it in over a decade.

#46 Posted by wiifan001 (18416 posts) -

Yes.

I'm 6' 4" first time I dunked I was 16.

#48 Posted by Darthkaiser (12448 posts) -

I'm 6'1 never dunked in my life :(

#49 Edited by lamprey263 (23972 posts) -

I'm about 6 foot tall and I use to be able to dunk my Koosh ball on my miniature hoop I had in my bedroom as a kid.

#50 Posted by nait2k4 (79 posts) -

6'4" - Consistently yes.

Although, that was 10 years ago, doubt I could manage it now :(