Can Pope Francis ease tensions in the Middle East ??

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by Ariabed (2121 posts) -

http://m.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-27551843

Do you think the popes words carry enough influence to try to ease tensions in the Middle East?

#2 Edited by Master_Live (17720 posts) -

Define "ease" in this case.

#3 Posted by Iszdope (13209 posts) -

Ha!

No.

#4 Posted by clyde46 (48785 posts) -

LOL no. That place has been fighting for centuries, they aren't going to stop just because the Pope tells them too.

#5 Posted by VaguelyTagged (10557 posts) -

he'll be lucky if he leaves the area alive.

#6 Posted by lostrib (49999 posts) -

I doubt Jews and Muslims who have been fighting for decades are going to suddenly stop because of what the head of the catholic church has to say

#7 Edited by RadecSupreme (4823 posts) -

The best he can do is try to knock some sense into them. Not much else.

#8 Posted by Serraph105 (29603 posts) -

Nope, as others have said that area of the world has been fighting for centuries. They might get swayed with action one day, but the words of a pope (or anyone else for that matter) will not be the thing that moves them towards peace.

#9 Edited by wis3boi (32478 posts) -

Snowball's chance in hell

#10 Posted by indzman (23091 posts) -

@VaguelyTagged said:

he'll be lucky if he leaves the area alive.

LOL

#11 Posted by Nengo_Flow (10644 posts) -

Telling the middle east to calm down, is like telling America to stop fucking over the world.

Aint never gonna happen.

#12 Edited by fishpockets (345 posts) -

No, lol.

#13 Edited by Boddicker (4131 posts) -

Is this a real question?

#14 Posted by LJS9502_basic (155977 posts) -

@Nengo_Flow said:

Telling the middle east to calm down, is like telling America to stop fucking over the world.

Aint never gonna happen.

I know right we should have ignored WW1 and WW2.....

#15 Edited by BossPerson (9178 posts) -

lol religion easing tension

#16 Posted by Treflis (12521 posts) -

@LJS9502_basic said:

@Nengo_Flow said:

Telling the middle east to calm down, is like telling America to stop fucking over the world.

Aint never gonna happen.

I know right we should have ignored WW1 and WW2.....

That was the US's goal in both wars until it was convinced to join at the end of WW1 and forced to join when Japan attacked in WW2.

#17 Posted by GazaAli (25216 posts) -

Nope

#18 Edited by chocolate234 (25 posts) -

Let him try something easy first, like walking on water.

#19 Edited by themajormayor (25013 posts) -

@Serraph105 said:

Nope, as others have said that area of the world has been fighting for centuries.

Just like America. And every other area in the world.

#20 Posted by themajormayor (25013 posts) -

@LJS9502_basic said:

@Nengo_Flow said:

Telling the middle east to calm down, is like telling America to stop fucking over the world.

Aint never gonna happen.

I know right we should have ignored WW1 and WW2.....

That's not what he said at all.

#21 Posted by LJS9502_basic (155977 posts) -

@themajormayor said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@Nengo_Flow said:

Telling the middle east to calm down, is like telling America to stop fucking over the world.

Aint never gonna happen.

I know right we should have ignored WW1 and WW2.....

That's not what he said at all.

Way to miss the point as usual....ugh this place does really suck now.

#22 Posted by playmynutz (6664 posts) -

I do wonder about his power i want to see him flex

#23 Posted by themajormayor (25013 posts) -

@LJS9502_basic said:

@themajormayor said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@Nengo_Flow said:

Telling the middle east to calm down, is like telling America to stop fucking over the world.

Aint never gonna happen.

I know right we should have ignored WW1 and WW2.....

That's not what he said at all.

Way to miss the point as usual....ugh this place does really suck now.

I understand your point and it's stupid as ****.

#24 Edited by LJS9502_basic (155977 posts) -

@themajormayor said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@themajormayor said:

That's not what he said at all.

Way to miss the point as usual....ugh this place does really suck now.

I understand your point and it's stupid as ****.

Only because you are a hypocrite.....

#25 Edited by themajormayor (25013 posts) -

@LJS9502_basic said:

@themajormayor said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@themajormayor said:

That's not what he said at all.

Way to miss the point as usual....ugh this place does really suck now.

I understand your point and it's stupid as ****.

Only because you are a hypocrite.....

How so?

#26 Posted by hippiesanta (10179 posts) -

@GazaAli said:

Nope

Garza Ali is right ........ because middle east (and persia) needs drama in their life ...

they cant even dance "happy" or get caught

Loading Video...

#27 Posted by GazaAli (25216 posts) -

@hippiesanta said:

@GazaAli said:

Nope

Garza Ali is right ........ because middle east (and persia) needs drama in their life ...

they cant even dance "happy" or get caught

Loading Video...

While I don't give a shit about those social norms in question for the most part, the video is nonetheless bad and quite moronic. So yea, can't say I feel bad for them, they look like deranged husks in there which is a crime on its own. And they chickened out right away after having been arrested saying that they were "deceived" into making the video. I don't know wtf this is supposed to mean.

In any case this is Iran so no one should be deplored or anything.

#28 Posted by VaguelyTagged (10557 posts) -

i didn't know you guys saw that video. lol. btw IMO those who made the vid were aware of the consequences and did it merely to pave their way to the US.

#29 Edited by Ariabed (2121 posts) -

@chocolate234:

"Let him try something easy first, like walking on water."

Reply

Lmao!!!

#30 Posted by GazaAli (25216 posts) -

@VaguelyTagged said:

i didn't know you guys saw that video. lol. btw IMO those who made the vid were aware of the consequences and did it merely to pave their way to the US.

I concur. Let's not make martyrs of them, they're probably trying to build their asylum case.