Can a WWF or a Boxer win against a black belt ?

• 126 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

In real life can a WWF or a boxing champion or any guy which is all muscles like Arnold or Slyvester win against a black belt ( Karata Champion) ???

Avatar image for deactivated-5b797108c254e
deactivated-5b797108c254e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#2  Edited By deactivated-5b797108c254e
Member since 2013 • 11245 Posts

All it takes to bring anyone down is a good punch so technically anyone can bring down anyone else. Is it likely that a wrestler (I'm assuming that's what you mean by WWF even though it hasn't been called WWF since 2002 if I recall correctly) can out-skill a black belt? No, not really.

Is it possible for a wrestler to punch a black belt in the temple/jaw and knock the guy out? Of course, even you can do it...if you can manage to hit them to begin with, he/she will go down the same as anybody else...same for the wrestler, same for the boxer, same for the world strongest man. As a normal human being, you can train to be kicked in the nuts and feel nothing but there are places that switch your brain off on impact that you can't do anything about because it's not always about pain resistance or endurance...some behaviours are just hard-coded into your brain.

mattykovax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#3  Edited By mattykovax
Member since 2004 • 22693 Posts

Well, That's what MMA was before it homogenized into the current everyone knows the same 12 moves for a bunch of styles instead of being a master of one discipline state that it is currently in. But yeah, anyone can possibly beat anyone else, fighting style is just one factor.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 indzman

@thegerg said:

Yes. It's been done.

Link for your claim ? Proof please

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

It's not likely as most pro wrestlers are performers and are not trained in combat.

A boxer could happen, it depends on who the wrestler or boxer is.

Some wrestlers have mma backgrounds as do boxers.

Previous posts were correct in saying technically anyone could knock anyone down

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#8 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

It is hard to put a barring on something like this. I'd almost say that ALL of the very high level martial artists out there are raised and taught with a discipline that far exceeds any mma fighter. In this discipline, I'd think that actually harming another human being would only be done in an extreme, real life circumstance. However, a lot of these arts are pinpoint accurate in being the quickest way to disable a person. I don't think it is outside the realm of reason for a talented martial artist to take advantage of one false move by an mma fighter and end things right there.

LittleMac19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#9 LittleMac19
Member since 2009 • 1638 Posts

Ummm Ken Shamrock? but I'm sure he was already doing MMA before WWE so I don't think that counts.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By indzman

@thegerg said:

@indzman said:

@thegerg said:

Yes. It's been done.

Brock Lesner beat Frank Mir.

Yeah , But Frank Mir is a MMA I doubt Brock Lesner can beat a Grandmaster , i said Karate Champion in my post :)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

@indzman said:

@thegerg said:

@indzman said:

@thegerg said:

Yes. It's been done.

Yeah , But Frank Mir is a MMA I doubt Brock Lesner can beat a Grandmaster , i said Karate Champion in my post :)

I see that match is on youtube. I don't watch mma often, but maybe I'll check that match out when I have time. What I will say is that he looks like no grandmaster. As I said, I don't think any grandmaster of a martial art would ever exploit the art like that. Also, there are rules in play in mma...

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By indzman

@thegerg said:

@indzman said:

@thegerg said:

@indzman said:

@thegerg said:

Yes. It's been done.

Frank Mir has multiple black belts, including one in Kenpo karate. He's also won numerous championships in multiple disciplines. The fact that he also fights MMA does not change that.

Even Brock Lesner is MMA , defeated Frank who is also MMA. Your claim is unjustified.

Provide me link where a WWF or a Boxer ( Not MMA ) defeats a Karate Champion , that was my question . Not a MMA defeating another MMA.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

@thegerg said:

@Heirren said:

It is hard to put a barring on something like this. I'd almost say that ALL of the very high level martial artists out there are raised and taught with a discipline that far exceeds any mma fighter. In this discipline, I'd think that actually harming another human being would only be done in an extreme, real life circumstance. However, a lot of these arts are pinpoint accurate in being the quickest way to disable a person. I don't think it is outside the realm of reason for a talented martial artist to take advantage of one false move by an mma fighter and end things right there.

"I'd almost say that ALL of the very high level martial artists out there are raised and taught with a discipline that far exceeds any mma fighter."

What? You do know that very high level MMA fighters are very high level martial artists, right? Your statement makes no sense.

It makes sense just fine. I don't doubt the talent of some of these people, but where does all this training come from? I don't doubt that they are trained, either, but I do think that if you were to ask the most renowned masters alive today what they thought of so and so, they'd likely not comment or find them disrespectful to the martial art they study.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By indzman

@Heirren said:

@indzman said:

@thegerg said:

@indzman said:

@thegerg said:

Yes. It's been done.

I see that match is on youtube. I don't watch mma often, but maybe I'll check that match out when I have time. What I will say is that he looks like no grandmaster. As I said, I don't think any grandmaster of a martial art would ever exploit the art like that. Also, there are rules in play in mma...

Can you find a video of a very strong person as a Boxer defeating a karate champion ? Never seen one except in movies lol.

RimacBugatti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 RimacBugatti
Member since 2013 • 1632 Posts

@indzman: If he's a black belt in Karate he will get his ass handed to him. Now a black belt that studies in say Wing Chun Kung Fu could most probably take on most of his opponents. Wing Chun is very similar to Jeet Kun Do. Karate is actually one of the most basic martial arts that exist.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 indzman

@RimacBugatti said:

@indzman: If he's a black belt in Karate he will get his ass handed to him. Now a black belt that studies in say Wing Chun Kung Fu could most probably take on most of his opponents. Wing Chun is very similar to Jeet Kun Do. Karate is actually one of the most basic martial arts that exist.

Sorry I didn't understand , a black belt in karate is very tough to beat even by a strong man or very easy ?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

@indzman said:

@Heirren said:

@indzman said:

@thegerg said:

@indzman said:

@thegerg said:

Yes. It's been done.

Can you find a video of a very strong person as a Boxer defeating a karate champion ? Never seen one except in movies lol.

I'm confused. I think I am on your side of things. I do not think an mma fighter could tackle a true grandmaster of any martial art. The MMA is not the be all end all of what goes. It has also changed so much. In an arena as such, there are either no rules at all, or the fighters should be honorable. There's no honor in mma, and there are rules that prohibit weak spots. Again, not saying these guys aren't talented, but the argument people often use when they say "in mma" or that it is the prime format for saying "this vs that?" I don't think so.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By indzman

@thegerg said:

@indzman: Brock Lesner is also a WWF athlete/personality. The fact that he also does MMA does not change that.

Changes everything. He is MMA also a WWF , gives him much advantage in the fight, if he were a just WWF i'dve agreed.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By indzman

@Heirren said:

@indzman said:

@Heirren said:

@indzman said:

@thegerg said:

@indzman said:

@thegerg said:

Yes. It's been done.

I'm confused. I think I am on your side of things. I do not think an mma fighter could tackle a true grandmaster of any martial art. The MMA is not the be all end all of what goes. It has also changed so much. In an arena as such, there are either no rules at all, or the fighters should be honorable. There's no honor in mma, and there are rules that prohibit weak spots. Again, not saying these guys aren't talented, but the argument people often use when they say "in mma" or that it is the prime format for saying "this vs that?" I don't think so.

True , i doubt it too. I think no WWF or a Boxer or even MMA's can tackle a grandmaster of pure martial arts.

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts

What is a WWF?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

@indzman said:

@Heirren said:

@indzman said:

@Heirren said:

@indzman said:

@thegerg said:

@indzman said:

@thegerg said:

Yes. It's been done.

True , i doubt it too. I think no WWF or a Boxer or even MMA's can tackle a grandmaster of pure martial arts.

MMA is almost all entertainment. Guys beefing up on roids, fighting each other till one can't move. You should watch some other formats of martial arts displays. When a fighter goes down, there isn't any of that toppling over them attempting to beat them like a barbarian. I used to be impressed by some of the mma guys, but I'm simply ASTONISHED at what some of these other people do that master their given craft--it is almost as if they have super human abilities. Shaolin demos are just mind boggling.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By indzman

@thegerg said:

@indzman said:

@thegerg said:

@indzman: Brock Lesner is also a WWF athlete/personality. The fact that he also does MMA does not change that.

Changes everything. He is MMA also a WWF , gives him much advantage in the fight, if he were a just WWF i'dve agreed.

He is not "a WWF."

Anyway, the fact that he trains in multiple disciplines does not mean that he isn't also a professional wrestling athlete/performer.

Bit off topic : Tell me a simple question why is your user ID is 'the gerg' but on your sig it says 'thegreg' ?

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts

A "black belt" cant beat a boxer in a boxing match....

vice-versa

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By indzman

@thegerg said:

@indzman said:

@thegerg said:

@indzman said:

@thegerg said:

He is not "a WWF."

Anyway, the fact that he trains in multiple disciplines does not mean that he isn't also a professional wrestling athlete/performer.

Bit off topic : Tell me a simple question why is your user ID is 'the gerg' but on your sig it says 'thegreg' ?

I can tell you an answer, or I can ask you a question. Which do you want?

give me the answer

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By indzman

@Nengo_Flow said:

vice-versa

In a fight for sake of pure winning ? both party utilising own skills ( Say boxer punching him and another using martial arts for defense and offense ) ? Then ?

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 indzman

@thegerg said:

@indzman said:

@thegerg said:

@indzman said:

@thegerg said:

@indzman said:

@thegerg said:

He is not "a WWF."

give me the answer

Because that's how I typed it.

Now, you really should look up guys like the Gracie family. They are MMA fighters, and they've defeated countless martial artists from multiple disciplines. Another good example is Josh Koscheck. He's an MMA fighter, and he's also one of the best wrestlers in the country. On that note, Brock Lesner was an outstanding amateur wrestler too, beating the best in the world at that martial art. Shit, on that note let's look at Kurt Angle. He's a WWF athlete/performer who won multiple gold medals at international competitions as a martial artist. Simply because a martial artist competes in MMA does not mean that he isn't a top-level martial artist.

I don't think a MMA can defeat a martial arts grandmaster (Champion) , hell and heaven difference in rank and tier. But i get what you are trying to say is a goodMMA can defeat other pure but basic martial artists which i agree.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#35  Edited By uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 58899 Posts

Obligatory IP man 2 clip. i.e, Asian Rocky 4

Loading Video...

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts

@indzman said:

@Nengo_Flow said:

vice-versa

In a fight for sake of pure winning ? both party utilising own skills ( Say boxer punching him and another using martial arts for defense and offense ) ? Then ?

whats the point of that?

this is a stupid and silly comparison and a silly ass thread

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 indzman

@uninspiredcup said:

Obligatory IP man 2 clip. i.e, Asian Rocky 4

Loading Video...

Exactly IP man wins. Thegerg does not agree ... lol ...

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 indzman

@Nengo_Flow said:

@indzman said:

@Nengo_Flow said:

vice-versa

whats the point of that?

this is a stupid and silly comparison and a silly ass thread

no its not silly , its a question of who got better fighting skills.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By indzman

@thegerg said:

@indzman said:

@thegerg said:

@indzman said:

@thegerg said:

@indzman said:

@thegerg said:

@indzman said:

@thegerg said:

He is not "a WWF."

give me the answer

Now, you really should look up guys like the Gracie family. They are MMA fighters, and they've defeated countless martial artists from multiple disciplines. Another good example is Josh Koscheck. He's an MMA fighter, and he's also one of the best wrestlers in the country. On that note, Brock Lesner was an outstanding amateur wrestler too, beating the best in the world at that martial art. Shit, on that note let's look at Kurt Angle. He's a WWF athlete/performer who won multiple gold medals at international competitions as a martial artist. Simply because a martial artist competes in MMA does not mean that he isn't a top-level martial artist.

I don't think a MMA can defeat a martial arts grandmaster (Champion) , hell and heaven difference in rank and tier. But i get what you are trying to say is a goodMMA can defeat other pure but basic martial artists which i agree.

"I don't think a MMA can defeat a martial arts grandmaster (Champion)"

What I take this to mean is "I don't think an MMA fighter can defeat a martial arts grandmaster (champion)."

If that's what you think then you're wrong. Again, look up the Gracie family. They are the founders of MMA. They've spent generations winning fights against masters and champions of multiple martial arts.

Fedor Emelianeko is another good example. He has defeated some of the top Sambo and Judo martial artists in the world, he's also one of the most successful MMA fighters in history.

What is it, exactly, that makes you think that people who compete in MMA can't beat their peers who don't?

1.can you provide me link to the article where it states " Fedor Emelianeko is another good example. He has defeated some of the top Sambo and Judo martial artists in the world, he's also one of the most successful MMA fighters in history "

2.next also provide me link where a WWF or a Boxer beats a MMA or a Black Belt ( My original Question ). mind it no former martial arts expertise or former MMA

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By indzman

@thegerg said:

@indzman said:

@thegerg said:

@indzman said:

@thegerg said:

@indzman said:

@thegerg said:

@indzman said:

@thegerg said:

@indzman said:

@thegerg said:

He is not "a WWF."

give me the answer

What I take this to mean is "I don't think an MMA fighter can defeat a martial arts grandmaster (champion)."

If that's what you think then you're wrong. Again, look up the Gracie family. They are the founders of MMA. They've spent generations winning fights against masters and champions of multiple martial arts.

Fedor Emelianeko is another good example. He has defeated some of the top Sambo and Judo martial artists in the world, he's also one of the most successful MMA fighters in history.

What is it, exactly, that makes you think that people who compete in MMA can't beat their peers who don't?

1.can you provide me link to the article where it states " Fedor Emelianeko is another good example. He has defeated some of the top Sambo and Judo martial artists in the world, he's also one of the most successful MMA fighters in history "

2.next also provide me link where a WWF or a Boxer beats a MMA or a Black Belt ( My original Question )

1. No. I never said that an article says that. However, you're more than free to look into it yourself. He has held MMA championships in WAMMA, RINGS, and PRIDE. He's won gold in the World Combat Sambo Championships (and numerous other Sambo competitions), and has 2 medals in the Russian Judo championships.

2-That's not your original question. Your original question was "Can a WWF or a Boxer win against a black belt ?"

Anyway...

Kevin Rosier- Boxer with a win against Zane Frazier, a 4th degree blackbelt.

Brock Lesnar- WWF/WWE athlete/entertainer, multiple wins including one againt Frank Mir, who holds 2 black belts.

Do your own research.

Read into:

1. Yeah , Fedor Emelianeko MMA ( also Judo Champion ) defeated Judo Champions. Thanks for the information , glad to know something new.

2.Kevin Rosier and Zane Frazier both MMA

3.Brock Lesnar and Frank Mir both MMA

4.Still no information on a pure WWF or Boxer ( No former martial arts ranks of any order ) defeating any pure martial artists :)

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By indzman

@thegerg said:

@indzman said:

@thegerg said:

@indzman said:

@thegerg said:

@indzman said:

@thegerg said:

@indzman said:

@thegerg said:

@indzman said:

@thegerg said:

@indzman said:

@thegerg said:

He is not "a WWF."

give me the answer

2.next also provide me link where a WWF or a Boxer beats a MMA or a Black Belt ( My original Question )

1. No. I never said that an article says that. However, you're more than free to look into it yourself. He has held MMA championships in WAMMA, RINGS, and PRIDE. He's won gold in the World Combat Sambo Championships (and numerous other Sambo competitions), and has 2 medals in the Russian Judo championships.

2-That's not your original question. Your original question was "Can a WWF or a Boxer win against a black belt ?"

Anyway...

Brock Lesnar- WWF/WWE athlete/entertainer, multiple wins including one againt Frank Mir, who holds 2 black belts.

Do your own research.

Read into:

1. Yeah , Fedor Emelianeko MMA defeated Judo Champions. Thanks for the information , glad to know something new.

4.Still no information on a pure WWF or Boxer ( No former martial arts ranks of any order ) defeating any pure martial artists :)

2- Right, and Rosier was a boxer who beat the blackbelt Frazier. You asked for an example of that, and you got it. You keep getting the answers to your questions, but blowing them off.

3-Right, and Lesnar was a WWF/WWE athlete/entertainer who beat the blackbelt Mir. You asked for an example of that, and you got it. You keep getting the answers to your questions, but blowing them off.

4-Boxers beat other boxers all the time. Those fights are examples of boxers beating martial artists.

Those are all MMA also WWF/WWE if you read thier profiles beating MMA's ...

Kevin Rosier (born January 6, 1962) is an American former kickboxer, boxer and mixed martial artist. Zane Frazier (born July 16, 1966) is an American former karateka, kickboxer and mixed martial artist who competed in the heavyweight division.

Just read what WIKI says, both in same rank more or less . also ...

Fedor Emelianeko is a Russian politician and retired heavyweightmixed martial artist, sambist, and judoka. He already mastered Judo , Samba and defeated Judo , Samba champions ( hes just not a MMA ) .

...................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

You are not getting me ,

Let me give a example:

I'm saying say Michael Gerard "Mike" Tyson (born June 30, 1966) is an American retired professional boxer defeats Yip Man (1 October 1893 – 2 December 1972), also spelled as Ip Man,[2] and also known as Yip Kai-man, was a Chinese martial artist. One is a pure boxer , another is a pure martial artist.

Give me example of these fights

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By indzman

@thegerg said:

@indzman said:

@thegerg said:

@indzman said:

@thegerg said:

@indzman said:

@thegerg said:

@indzman said:

@thegerg said:

@indzman said:

@thegerg said:

@indzman said:

@thegerg said:

@indzman said:

@thegerg said:

He is not "a WWF."

give me the answer

Anyway...

Do your own research.

Read into:

1. Yeah , Fedor Emelianeko MMA defeated Judo Champions. Thanks for the information , glad to know something new.

2- Right, and Rosier was a boxer who beat the blackbelt Frazier. You asked for an example of that, and you got it. You keep getting the answers to your questions, but blowing them off.

3-Right, and Lesnar was a WWF/WWE athlete/entertainer who beat the blackbelt Mir. You asked for an example of that, and you got it. You keep getting the answers to your questions, but blowing them off.

4-Boxers beat other boxers all the time. Those fights are examples of boxers beating martial artists.

Kevin Rosier (born January 6, 1962) is an American former kickboxer, boxer and mixed martial artist. Zane Frazier (born July 16, 1966) is an American former karateka, kickboxer and mixed martial artist who competed in the heavyweight division.

Just read what WIKI says, both same man . also ...

Fedor Emelianeko is a Russian politician and retired heavyweightmixed martial artist, sambist, and judoka. He already mastered Judo , Samba and defeated Judo , Samba .

...................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Youa re not getting me ,

Let me give a example:

I'm saying say Michael Gerard "Mike" Tyson (born June 30, 1966) is an American retired professional boxer defeats Yip Man (1 October 1893 – 2 December 1972), also spelled as Ip Man,[2] and also known as Yip Kai-man, was a Chinese martial artist. One is a pure boxer , another is a pure martial artist.

"Those are all MMA also WWF/WWE if you read thier profiles... Judo , Samba and defeated Judo , Samba ."

And? That has no bearing on what I've posted.

You asked for examples of boxers beating martial artists, and I gave you an example.

You asked for examples of boxers beating black belts, and I gave you an example.

You asked for examples of a "WWF" beating an "MMA", and I gave you an example.

You asked for examples of a "WWF" beating a black belt, and I gave you an example.

You asked for examples of a "WWF" beating martial artists, and I gave you an example.

etc...etc...etc...

Why can't you just be satisfied with the examples that you already have?

"Youa re not getting me ,

Let me give a example:... martial artist.

Give me example of these fights"

Look at the rest of Mike Tyson's career. It's filled with examples of him beating other boxers. Those are examples of a boxer beating other martial artists.

Last time too you couldn;t give a satisfactory reply , said Rocky is a Martial Artist. Here too you are saying Mike Tyson defeated other martial artists ( Boxers ). You mixing up boxing as martial arts =P

Anyways , to expect proper answer from you is like asking to a stone , i'll look elsewhere ... lol ...

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By indzman

@thegerg said:

@indzman said:

@thegerg said:

@indzman said:

@thegerg said:

@indzman said:

@thegerg said:

@indzman said:

@thegerg said:

@indzman said:

@thegerg said:

@indzman said:

@thegerg said:

@indzman said:

@thegerg said:

@indzman said:

@thegerg said:

He is not "a WWF."

give me the answer

Anyway...

Do your own research.

Read into:

Just read what WIKI says, both same man . also ...

Fedor Emelianeko is a Russian politician and retired heavyweightmixed martial artist, sambist, and judoka. He already mastered Judo , Samba and defeated Judo , Samba .

Youa re not getting me ,

Let me give a example:

"Those are all MMA also WWF/WWE if you read thier profiles... Judo , Samba and defeated Judo , Samba ."

And? That has no bearing on what I've posted.

You asked for examples of boxers beating martial artists, and I gave you an example.

You asked for examples of boxers beating black belts, and I gave you an example.

You asked for examples of a "WWF" beating an "MMA", and I gave you an example.

You asked for examples of a "WWF" beating a black belt, and I gave you an example.

You asked for examples of a "WWF" beating martial artists, and I gave you an example.

etc...etc...etc...

Why can't you just be satisfied with the examples that you already have?

"Youa re not getting me ,

Let me give a example:... martial artist.

Give me example of these fights"

Look at the rest of Mike Tyson's career. It's filled with examples of him beating other boxers. Those are examples of a boxer beating other martial artists.

Last time too you couldn;t give a satisfactory reply , said Rocky is a Martial Artist. Here too you are saying Mike Tyson defeated other martial artists ( Boxers ). You mixing up boxing as martial arts =P

Anyways , to expect proper answer from you is asking to a stone , i'll look elsewhere ... lol ...

Boxing is a martial art.

lmfao