Buying clothes online?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

skipper847

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By skipper847
Member since 2006 • 7334 Posts

I hate shopping for clothes in shops I hate it with a passion. Its time for me to get some new shoes. I was thinking about online shopping for shoes and clothes and just wondered if any one has good experience shopping online for them. Wish you could use VR to try cloths on from your home and see what fits as I be sending a lot back. lol.

Avatar image for deactivated-598fc45371265
deactivated-598fc45371265

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 deactivated-598fc45371265
Member since 2008 • 13247 Posts

I only shop online. We don't have many any good mens clothing stores around here.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

Gotta have your measurements to the cm, I bought a pair of boots from Amazon and had to send them back because they were hurting my feet (too small). Not their fault, but it is a bitch to have to send things back and wait for them all over again (apart from shipping expenses).

skipper847

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By skipper847

They should make a VR app where it measures you to that exact inch and chooses best size to your search. I no too far fetch at this time as other accessories would be needed to take your measurements but some time in future would be possible.

WhiteKnight77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By WhiteKnight77
Member since 2003 • 12605 Posts

@skipper847 said:

They should make a VR app where it measures you to that exact inch and chooses best size to your search. I no too far fetch at this time as other accessories would be needed to take your measurements but some time in future would be possible.

Go to Wal-Mart and use the device used to measure foot size. It should just touch the sides and big toe.

Instructions & Fitting Tips

gncalvin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 gncalvin
Member since 2017 • 50 Posts

I used to buy a lot online. But very often the quality was bad or a size wasn't mine. So, I haven't bought any clothes online in the last 5 years, only sport equipment or some gadgets.

skipper847

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 skipper847

@WhiteKnight77: Expensive that for me I live in UK lol.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 44569 Posts

I prefer to shop in stores myself for everything clothes especially. I like having that tactile feedback of actually holding and looking at something.

skipper847

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By skipper847

I went shopping after all earlier today and got a bunch of new stuff. I bought a pair of new shoes, 4 t-shirts and jumper. Feel like a dick when you walk up and down the shop testing new shoes. I was only in there for a good half hour. I wanted in and out straight away. I don't no what it is I think it some kind of phobia lol.

WhiteKnight77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 WhiteKnight77
Member since 2003 • 12605 Posts

@skipper847 said:

@WhiteKnight77: Expensive that for me I live in UK lol.

OK, try a Tesco. There should be stores that sell footwear that have something similar to check your feet with and in UK sizes. Shoes that fit properly are a boon for your feet. As far as buying clothes online, I do, but what I often do is go to a store such as the Oakley Outlet at an outlet mall shop and try the clothes that I am interested on to ensure I buy the right size. Then after buying just one at the outlet store, I can go online and buy direct from them or even Amazon.

sayyy-gaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 sayyy-gaa
Member since 2002 • 5850 Posts

I shop online all the time but you MUST know your measurements. And remember to convert from cm to in or vice versa.

Customink.com is a great place to start for general shirt measurements. Most retailers online have exact measurements. DO NOT GO BY SIZE ONLINE. Go by measurements. I take one of my shirts and measure it. I don't use my body measurements but my clothing.

Unless it's from a manufacturer you know. A size 12 shoe from Nike is the same in the mall, out of a trunk, or online...if it's authentic.

KEND0_KAP0NI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 KEND0_KAP0NI
Member since 2016 • 1231 Posts

I hate buying clothes in general, my body is kinda wonky anyways so nothing really fits me

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#13 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

I shop online for most of my sporting wear( I love Underarmour), but for my casual clothes I still do retail stores.

Jak42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Jak42
Member since 2016 • 1093 Posts

Well there's a number of eBayers who made a fortune selling clothes online. One particularly notable eBayer for clothes back in the day is actually Kim Kardashian. So its a viable business.

I would take earlier advice and do the proper measurements. To avoid having to return stuff. Of course if your weight can vary, factor that into the size you get.

killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#15 killerfist
Member since 2005 • 20155 Posts

I hate shopping just as much as pretty much any guy, but I like to have some "hands on experience" before I buy clothes. To see if it's a proper fit, if the quality is good etc.. So yeah, it's a necessary evil for me.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
Member since 2005 • 7914 Posts

What like jack threads where they send you clothes to try on and return? My friend didn't recommend it something about the cost not being worth it. I'll wear whatever says large not too picky about the fit.

hockey73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17 hockey73
Member since 2005 • 8281 Posts

I love that VR idea (might motivate me to get mine working)!

Hit or miss experiences for me. I'm 5'5'' with a small frame and I find that even men's XS can be too big. For me, its about finding a clothing place that works for you and hope they stay consistent size wise. I find american eagle outlet and hollister are generally a decent fit (the XS is still a notch too long for my liking but hardly noticeable). That being said, take note for things like "slim fit" or "relaxed fit" etc, if you're going for a certain look.

I have tried amazon, someone told me to go with a Chinese size small, which I did. Found the shoulders to be a little big and the length to once again be a size too long.

Shoe wise I buy from payless and use the typical 25% promocode. Not the best quality, but cheap and I find the size to be true to my shoe size of 5.5 to 6. I've purchased van's from amazon and found them to be half the price compared to the actual vans store and the fit was also honest.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#18 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58530 Posts

I'm too big to buy clothes in stores. In fact, I have been pretty much since I was like 15 years old.

So yeah I have to order literally everything online.

Just find a brand you like and stick with them, that way you know how they fit. And if you try a new one, only order one thing from them at a time before ordering multiples. That has been my experience.

I'm really bad about looking after myself and one day I woke up and I was like "Shit, I have like no semi-nice shirts to wear for when I go out for fun" so I went online and bought like five shirts from a brand I never tried and they were all a bit tight in the chest and I had to send them all back. So just order one shirt, for example, try it out...then order a bunch.

kemar7856

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#19 kemar7856
Member since 2004 • 11783 Posts

I buy online 80% of the time

ArmoredCore55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 ArmoredCore55
Member since 2005 • 24947 Posts

I often would prefer getting clothes in stores. We get a better chance of trying on things that way. Sometimes I'll get clothes online if I can't find it in any store in town.

edwarddabbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By edwarddabbs
Member since 2017 • 3 Posts

Shopping cloth in store is more over what is more preferred because it has a trial option. Online shopping is in trend, but it involves risk. Basically store cloths shopping is goo then online.

Avatar image for deactivated-5eb6f92daae05
deactivated-5eb6f92daae05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By deactivated-5eb6f92daae05
Member since 2015 • 916 Posts

I buy everything online. Almost everything, like 80% of the time. Much more convenient shopping on Amazon, searching through some solid reviews to get an idea. Amazon Customer Service has always been great and easy for me too if I ever have any issues...

Madskillz999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#23  Edited By Madskillz999
Member since 2005 • 12920 Posts

I personally can't stand going into stores so I'm always clothes online

PSChick808

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By PSChick808
Member since 2017 • 4 Posts

Yeah, I buy stuff online at least once a week. It's convenient, not overwhelming, time-efficient, and the sales OH WOW. You can actually buy from their sale section, unlike in stores where you have to slit each other's throats just to get a good piece.

For general stuff, I buy at Amazon. For clothes: Zara, The Real Real is also nice (I've only tried it a couple of times), Reformation, and for accessories, I often get them at Zjoosh.

Before shopping though, make sure to read their FAQs and reviews of the product you're looking to buy. Review their shipping and return policy, and verify their payment methods. If the website looks shady, get out of there. Better to be safe than sorry.

milkyhay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#25 milkyhay
Member since 2017 • 1 Posts

I usually buy clothes online - especially at heven - https://inheven.com/. I like comfortable, good quality stuff.

Beelost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Beelost
Member since 2017 • 8 Posts

I prefer to shop in stores. The thing is I'd rather shop on-line but I always make mistakes providing my postal address. We move from one city to another because of my husband's job and I'm already sick and tired of checking zip codes at http://worldpostalcode.com/united-states/ etc which makes my life easier, but still have problems with parcels delivery. Besides very often there aren't many shops around.

ssvegeta555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 ssvegeta555
Member since 2003 • 2448 Posts

For clothes, 90% of the time I go to the store. I need to try them on to see if they fit, look at the quality and more often than not the prices are cheaper. Plus I don't have to wait for it to ship to me.

kaealy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By kaealy
Member since 2004 • 2179 Posts

I shop 100% of my clothes online and I usually shop from Zalando, they have free returns if it doesn't fit. I don't like going out shopping for clothes because they usually don't have my size because most men in my age are european/swedish "large" size.

LexLas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#29 LexLas
Member since 2005 • 7317 Posts

@skipper847 said:

I hate shopping for clothes in shops I hate it with a passion. Its time for me to get some new shoes. I was thinking about online shopping for shoes and clothes and just wondered if any one has good experience shopping online for them. Wish you could use VR to try cloths on from your home and see what fits as I be sending a lot back. lol.

Thats why you go to the store, find what fits perfect, and order it online. Yes you still did waste time going to the store, but now you can get a huge discount, because ordering online is cheaper.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#30 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts

I only buy t-shirts in XL online, because that's the only kind of clothing I know for a fact won't have a problem fitting me. Shorts and pants can be the same waist size yet one will be tighter than the other. Same goes for shoes. I'd never order shoes online because I know there's a risk of them not fitting, and then you have to go through the hassle of returning them.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#31  Edited By Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

I have a short torso and wide shoulders, so it's very hard for me to fit into formal clothes. Never had any problem picking out casual clothes online or in store, though.

PutASpongeOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 PutASpongeOn
Member since 2014 • 4897 Posts

http://www.yesstyle.com/en/men.html

They are in asian sizes but you can measure your shoulders and stuff to find out what size youa re.

Stylish but if you're particularly big, nothing will fit you.

helwa1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 helwa1988
Member since 2007 • 2157 Posts

I hate parking and crowds so online clothes shopping has been a blessing for me. Sometimes it is a hit or miss but I just stick to company's clothing size chart and I generally get a good fit.

Effec_Tor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#34 Effec_Tor
Member since 2014 • 914 Posts

Be aware that there's a lot of fake stuff on amazon.

sairandhri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 sairandhri
Member since 2017 • 1 Posts

I like to do shopping but I mostly prefer offline store. Because In offline store we can check the quality of clothes.

Amnesiac23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

User Lists: 2

#36 Amnesiac23
Member since 2006 • 8470 Posts

I have a couple of sellers I buy from on Amazon. I know that their clothes will always fit me, which can be tricky as a woman. Shoes on the other hand...at least for women's shoes, the size can vary a LOT. I am in between a size 7-9 depending on the shoe, so I don't order them online.

The person who said there is fake stuff on Amazon is totally right. Read reviews for the love of god.