Burgers vs Sandwiches

  • 53 results
  • 1
  • 2
#1 Edited by Behardy24 (3059 posts) -

Overall, which is better? Please give reason.

#2 Edited by indzman (17231 posts) -

Burgers daily is not good for health , but one can take sandwiches ( Just apply butter, jam or vegetables, no need for meat too ) anytime or on daily basis. So Sandwiches are better option by health reasons :)

#3 Posted by Master_Live (14171 posts) -

I think sandwiches have a greater variety than burgers so I would choose sandwiches.

#4 Edited by darkspineslayer (19546 posts) -

@indzman: No....need.....for meat?

Can the English language be used like this?

#5 Edited by indzman (17231 posts) -

@darkspineslayer said:

@indzman: No....need.....for meat?

Can the English language be used like this?

I meant one can just apply butter/ cheese or jam or even vegetables in sandwiches , no need to put any meats into it ( a simple sandwich ).It can be taken anytime a day or daily with no health problems ... imo.Burgers tastes good , but daily consumption can cause obesity , stomach aches as they are very rich.

This is what i meant :

#6 Posted by GazaAli (22503 posts) -

Sandwiches because they offer much wider varieties. Also, I'm not a fan of buns unless they're straight out of the oven. They're too thick which is something that prevents you from actually tasting what's in the inside. They go stale rather fast too.

#7 Edited by thegerg (14855 posts) -

Since burgers are a type of sandwich, I'll say sandwiches simply because it covers more ground. This is like asking: Beds vs furniture, which is better?

#8 Posted by indzman (17231 posts) -

@thegerg said:

Since burgers are a type of sandwich, I'll say sandwiches simply because it covers more ground. This is like asking: Beds vs furniture, which is better?

Boxing is martial arts , burger is sandwich ... anything more we should know more of my highness ? =P

#9 Posted by mattykovax (22693 posts) -

Sandwich obviously.

#10 Edited by thegerg (14855 posts) -

@indzman said:

@thegerg said:

Since burgers are a type of sandwich, I'll say sandwiches simply because it covers more ground. This is like asking: Beds vs furniture, which is better?

Boxing is martial arts , burger is sandwich ... anything more we should know more of my highness ? =P

You should know that I am not royalty, I don't need to be addressed as "highness."

#11 Edited by Ariabed (1102 posts) -

@indzman: "I meant one can just apply butter/ cheese or jam or even vegetables in sandwiches"

Are you posh? Do you talk like that in actual life or just on here lol

#12 Edited by indzman (17231 posts) -

@thegerg said:

@indzman said:

@thegerg said:

Since burgers are a type of sandwich, I'll say sandwiches simply because it covers more ground. This is like asking: Beds vs furniture, which is better?

Boxing is martial arts , burger is sandwich ... anything more we should know more of my highness ? =P

You should know that I am not royalty, I don't need to be addressed as "highness."

Just kidding =P

BTW:

Why you are calling burger a type of sandwich ? Is it because of spread ( fillings) in between or both using bread ?

#13 Posted by thegerg (14855 posts) -

@indzman said:

@thegerg said:

@indzman said:

@thegerg said:

Since burgers are a type of sandwich, I'll say sandwiches simply because it covers more ground. This is like asking: Beds vs furniture, which is better?

Boxing is martial arts , burger is sandwich ... anything more we should know more of my highness ? =P

You should know that I am not royalty, I don't need to be addressed as "highness."

Just kidding =P

BTW:

Why you are calling burger a type of sandwich ? Is it because of spread ( fillings) in between or both using bread ?

I'm calling a burger a type of sandwich because it fits the definition of a sandwich. It's fillings eaten between pieces of bread.

#14 Edited by indzman (17231 posts) -

@thegerg said:

@indzman said:

@thegerg said:

@indzman said:

@thegerg said:

Since burgers are a type of sandwich, I'll say sandwiches simply because it covers more ground. This is like asking: Beds vs furniture, which is better?

Boxing is martial arts , burger is sandwich ... anything more we should know more of my highness ? =P

You should know that I am not royalty, I don't need to be addressed as "highness."

Just kidding =P

BTW:

Why you are calling burger a type of sandwich ? Is it because of spread ( fillings) in between or both using bread ?

I'm calling a burger a type of sandwich because it fits the definition of a sandwich. It's fillings eaten between pieces of bread.

mhm

#15 Edited by thegerg (14855 posts) -

@indzman said:

@thegerg said:

@indzman said:

@thegerg said:

@indzman said:

@thegerg said:

Since burgers are a type of sandwich, I'll say sandwiches simply because it covers more ground. This is like asking: Beds vs furniture, which is better?

Boxing is martial arts , burger is sandwich ... anything more we should know more of my highness ? =P

You should know that I am not royalty, I don't need to be addressed as "highness."

Just kidding =P

BTW:

Why you are calling burger a type of sandwich ? Is it because of spread ( fillings) in between or both using bread ?

I'm calling a burger a type of sandwich because it fits the definition of a sandwich. It's fillings eaten between pieces of bread.

mhm

?

#16 Posted by indzman (17231 posts) -

@thegerg said:

@indzman said:

@thegerg said:

@indzman said:

@thegerg said:

@indzman said:

@thegerg said:

Since burgers are a type of sandwich, I'll say sandwiches simply because it covers more ground. This is like asking: Beds vs furniture, which is better?

Boxing is martial arts , burger is sandwich ... anything more we should know more of my highness ? =P

You should know that I am not royalty, I don't need to be addressed as "highness."

Just kidding =P

BTW:

Why you are calling burger a type of sandwich ? Is it because of spread ( fillings) in between or both using bread ?

I'm calling a burger a type of sandwich because it fits the definition of a sandwich. It's fillings eaten between pieces of bread.

mhm

?

It means i agree :)

#17 Posted by Serraph105 (27817 posts) -

A good burger tastes better than your average sandwich in most cases. Given the choice though I often take a healthier grilled chicken sandwich with various toppings over a more superior burger.

For me burges have become more of a rare indulgence, so yeah burger is better because it is often tastier.

#18 Posted by Behardy24 (3059 posts) -

@indzman said:

@thegerg said:

@indzman said:

@thegerg said:

@indzman said:

@thegerg said:

@indzman said:

@thegerg said:

Since burgers are a type of sandwich, I'll say sandwiches simply because it covers more ground. This is like asking: Beds vs furniture, which is better?

Boxing is martial arts , burger is sandwich ... anything more we should know more of my highness ? =P

You should know that I am not royalty, I don't need to be addressed as "highness."

Just kidding =P

BTW:

Why you are calling burger a type of sandwich ? Is it because of spread ( fillings) in between or both using bread ?

I'm calling a burger a type of sandwich because it fits the definition of a sandwich. It's fillings eaten between pieces of bread.

mhm

?

It means i agree :)

Oh man, this brings back memories of the whole "Are hambugers sandwiches" debate over at the GB forums.

#19 Posted by Behardy24 (3059 posts) -

Before this topic was created, my vote went towards burgers. But now, after reading all the responses, sandwiches makes more sense.

#20 Edited by LittleMac19 (1638 posts) -

Thought a burger is a sandwich

#21 Posted by plageus900 (993 posts) -

Sub Sandwiches :D

#22 Posted by Behardy24 (3059 posts) -

Sub Sandwiches :D

Man, those are the best. I would have a sub over a burger any day. Tomorrow I'll probably be getting a Charley's sub from my Mom. That is going to be awesome.

#23 Posted by Korvus (3202 posts) -

Given the choice though I often take a healthier grilled chicken sandwich with various toppings

Not saying you do it but I always laugh when I see people going for the "healthier chicken" and end up putting all sorts of crap over it that makes it unhealthier than if they had just eaten what they wanted to eat to begin with.

#24 Edited by br0kenrabbit (12824 posts) -

Burgers. And I don't mean the fast food kind, I mean the kind you throw on the grill. Throw some cheese, onion (or onion rings), jalapenos, lettuce and yellow mustard on that baby and dip it in some buttermilk ranch...

...damn, I know what I'm doing for lunch.

#25 Posted by sukraj (22131 posts) -

I prefer Sandwiches

#26 Edited by jasean79 (2357 posts) -

I like burgers and I like sandwiches. Hopefully, I'll never be in a situation to choose one over the other.

However, I do like sandwiches more. A reuben still tops my list of favorites. I'd much rather eat a reuben more often than a burger. A burger is a once in a while kind of craving for me.

#27 Edited by bowchicka07 (1073 posts) -

Depends on my appetite and circumstance. Some days are just grill days and I go with burgers. Some days are sandwich days and they are really good if you are in a hurry or maybe a packed lunched.

So I'd go with sandwich because of variety and versatility.

#28 Edited by Serraph105 (27817 posts) -

@korvus said:

@Serraph105 said:

Given the choice though I often take a healthier grilled chicken sandwich with various toppings

Not saying you do it but I always laugh when I see people going for the "healthier chicken" and end up putting all sorts of crap over it that makes it unhealthier than if they had just eaten what they wanted to eat to begin with.

Various toppings usually consist of vegetables such as lettuce, tomato, peppers, cucumber, etc.

#29 Posted by Korvus (3202 posts) -

@Serraph105: Like I said, I assumed it was not your case but it's funny when I see people putting ketchup, mayo, gravy, mustard and whatever else into a chicken sandwich and when I ask them why they say "Because chicken tastes like crap/tastes like nothing....but it is more healthy, so..."

#30 Posted by jasean79 (2357 posts) -

@korvus said:

@Serraph105: Like I said, I assumed it was not your case but it's funny when I see people putting ketchup, mayo, gravy, mustard and whatever else into a chicken sandwich and when I ask them why they say "Because chicken tastes like crap/tastes like nothing....but it is more healthy, so..."

Same goes for salads too. People trick themselves into eating healthy, but then put cheese, bacon bits, egg, and load it with ranch dressing. '

Yeah, some healthy eating there!

#31 Posted by Korvus (3202 posts) -

@jasean79: Obviously, because it's not people's fault salads taste horribly and need loads of dressing...they're just trying to eat healthy!

#32 Posted by jasean79 (2357 posts) -

@korvus said:

@jasean79: Obviously, because it's not people's fault salads taste horribly and need loads of dressing...they're just trying to eat healthy!

Which is why I could never be a vegetarian!

#33 Edited by Korvus (3202 posts) -

@jasean79: Yeah, I couldn't either. Jokes aside I do hate salads and a lot of raw vegetables (steamed I can deal with) but a lot of people are clueless. I actually heard a co-worker say that he wouldn't be caught dead at a Mc Donalds because it's highly unhealthy...fair enough...but then he said "I only do KFC because at least it's chicken"...yeah, all the health benefits of deep fried chicken that will get grease dripping out when you bite into it...we should eat KFC often until we're all healthy.

#34 Posted by jasean79 (2357 posts) -

@korvus: I think any fast food restaurant is unhealthy. It's not so much the food itself, but how they prepare it. Sure, chicken is high in protein and low in fat, but throw it in a fryer or get it "rotisserie style" and you're tacking on a boat load of fat (fried) and sodium (both fried and baked). Then of course, there's the sides - biscuits and gravy, mashed potatoes, cole slaw, etc.

#35 Edited by shellcase86 (1934 posts) -

@thegerg said:

Since burgers are a type of sandwich, I'll say sandwiches simply because it covers more ground. This is like asking: Beds vs furniture, which is better?

You win, my man.

OT: Burgers, in general. But I love a good sammich time to time.

#36 Edited by Behardy24 (3059 posts) -

@plageus900 said:

Sub Sandwiches :D

Man, those are the best. I would have a sub over a burger any day. Tomorrow I'll probably be getting a Charley's sub from my Mom. That is going to be awesome.

Had my sub yesterday, It was a buffalo chicken. My mom packed it, so when I received it, it was soggy. The sub was still very good even with that.

#37 Edited by BluRayHiDef (10838 posts) -

@GazaAli said:

Sandwiches because they offer much wider varieties. Also, I'm not a fan of buns unless they're straight out of the oven. They're too thick which is something that prevents you from actually tasting what's in the inside. They go stale rather fast too.

Look out, everybody! We've got a bread connoisseur over here! :P

#38 Posted by BluRayHiDef (10838 posts) -
@korvus said:

@jasean79: Yeah, I couldn't either. Jokes aside I do hate salads and a lot of raw vegetables (steamed I can deal with) but a lot of people are clueless. I actually heard a co-worker say that he wouldn't be caught dead at a Mc Donalds because it's highly unhealthy...fair enough...but then he said "I only do KFC because at least it's chicken"...yeah, all the health benefits of deep fried chicken that will get grease dripping out when you bite into it...we should eat KFC often until we're all healthy.

LMAO @ the stupidity of said co-worker. Wow. Just, wow.

#39 Posted by plageus900 (993 posts) -

@behardy24 said:

@plageus900 said:

Sub Sandwiches :D

Man, those are the best. I would have a sub over a burger any day. Tomorrow I'll probably be getting a Charley's sub from my Mom. That is going to be awesome.

Had my sub yesterday, It was a buffalo chicken. My mom packed it, so when I received it, it was soggy. The sub was still very good even with that.

Charley's is pretty good. I think Brown Bag Deli, a locally-owned place where I was stationed, had the best subs.

#40 Edited by Wilfred_Owen (20834 posts) -

What are we? Women? Or are we the manliest of men who eat dirt and crap rocks. Eat them burgers like you been smokin the earth.

#41 Posted by Assassin_87 (2309 posts) -

@jasean79 said:

I like burgers and I like sandwiches. Hopefully, I'll never be in a situation to choose one over the other.

However, I do like sandwiches more. A reuben still tops my list of favorites. I'd much rather eat a reuben more often than a burger. A burger is a once in a while kind of craving for me.

A Reuben is so damn good.

Obviously my answer is sandwich. Pastrami on rye, Reuben, subs of various kinds...too much variety.

#42 Edited by hippiesanta (9805 posts) -

I miss this...... wish it come back to my town .....

#43 Posted by Big_Pecks (5245 posts) -

Burgers are getting a more accepted variety of choices nowadays. There's some weird toppings at certain places, but people eat them. Sandwiches obviously have more just with the protein choices though.

#44 Posted by Ackad (3158 posts) -

A nice, well done steak for me.

#45 Edited by Behardy24 (3059 posts) -

@Ackad said:

A nice, well done steak for me.

To each their own.

#46 Edited by Behardy24 (3059 posts) -

No offense, but

Whatever it is, we must

#47 Posted by mattbbpl (10570 posts) -

Pizza.

Because it's a pie.

#48 Edited by DJ_Headshot (6178 posts) -

Sandwich are great but I always had a weakness for good burger so I would pick that. When I make them at home I top with an egg,2 strips of bacon,cheddar cheese,soy sauce,grilled mushroom,raw spinach,tomato slices, and some avacoda slices. That in between two freshly toasted pieces of bread makes for messy to eat but very delicious burger.

I like to dip it in Dijon Mustard or ketchup for extra flavor. I greatly prefer using ground beef when making my burgers since I prefer the taste of it to other ground meats like turkey or lamb. I like using ground beef with at least 20% fat in them but prefer higher fat percentage usually get the ones with 30% which are for also cheaper then the leaner rolls of ground beef so its a win win for me.

#49 Edited by hippiesanta (9805 posts) -
#50 Edited by Behardy24 (3059 posts) -