British whites a minority in London, according to UK census

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by gamerguru100 (10897 posts) -

Link

My guess is that they will be less than 10% of the population by mid-century. Apparently, people counted as "other white" make up 15% of the population, so that number combined with the white British percentage (45%) means whites are still an overall majority in London. But it won't stay that way for long.

#2 Posted by MudoSkills (362 posts) -
So what?
#3 Posted by meconate (10476 posts) -
So I'm a rarity? Like a shiny in a pack of Pokemon cards.
#4 Posted by MudoSkills (362 posts) -
Just to elaborate, I'm white British, I live in London. We have immigrants. So what?
#5 Posted by FrostyPhantasm (8521 posts) -
What if like.. everyone from the middle east and africa moved to NA and EU.. and everyone from NA and EU moved to Africa and the ME.
#6 Posted by Ace6301 (21389 posts) -
So?
#7 Posted by Kats_RK (2080 posts) -

eh

#8 Posted by meconate (10476 posts) -

eh

Kats_RK
Your signature is mathematical.
#9 Posted by gamerguru100 (10897 posts) -
So I'm a rarity? Like a shiny in a pack of Pokemon cards.meconate
I wouldn't say whites are a rarity in London now, given that they're still a majority if you count the "other white" population. Wait 50 years then you'll be a rarity. ;)
#10 Posted by Jebus213 (8919 posts) -
Just to elaborate, I'm white British, I live in London. We have immigrants. So what?MudoSkills
The problem is there's a bit white pride in a lot of people who lean to the right of the spectrum.
#11 Posted by GreySeal9 (24947 posts) -

So I'm a rarity? Like a shiny in a pack of Pokemon cards.meconate

lol

#12 Posted by LordQuorthon (5385 posts) -

Just to elaborate, I'm white British, I live in London. We have immigrants. So what?MudoSkills

Something about sharia law, the demise of the glorious white race, something, something, you have to run in circles while waving your arms and yelling obscenities at strangers.

#13 Posted by PernicioEnigma (5401 posts) -
[QUOTE="MudoSkills"]Just to elaborate, I'm white British, I live in London. We have immigrants. So what?Jebus213
There's a bit white pride in a lot of people who lean right. That's the problem...

What's wrong with that? People of all enthicities tend to gravitate towards others of the same ethnicity, not just whites.
#14 Posted by Ace6301 (21389 posts) -

[QUOTE="MudoSkills"]Just to elaborate, I'm white British, I live in London. We have immigrants. So what?LordQuorthon

Something about sharia law, the demise of the glorious white race, something, something, you have to run in circles while waving your arms and yelling obscenities at strangers.

I wonder why they're not running around crying about Asians taking over. According to that census they're the biggest "threat:to those BNP folk.
#15 Posted by Zaibach (13463 posts) -

Yawn....

#16 Posted by Tylendal (14680 posts) -
Whites of any sort a minority (but still the biggest of all the minorities) in Vancouver. Your point?
#17 Posted by wolverine4262 (20059 posts) -
What if like.. everyone from the middle east and africa moved to NA and EU.. and everyone from NA and EU moved to Africa and the ME.FrostyPhantasm
Woah
#18 Posted by Zaibach (13463 posts) -

Whites of any sort a minority (but still the biggest of all the minorities) in Vancouver. Your point?Tylendal

Its not about Whites just British whites, ignoring that a great majority of Londoners are Eastern European, French, German, Australian etrc 99% of whom are white.

#19 Posted by toast_burner (22413 posts) -

As a British white I have this to say: So?

#20 Posted by MudoSkills (362 posts) -

[QUOTE="MudoSkills"]Just to elaborate, I'm white British, I live in London. We have immigrants. So what?LordQuorthon

MUSLAMIC RAYGUNS!
#21 Posted by Zaibach (13463 posts) -

[QUOTE="LordQuorthon"]

[QUOTE="MudoSkills"]Just to elaborate, I'm white British, I live in London. We have immigrants. So what?MudoSkills

MUSLAMIC RAYGUNS!

I'm going on a march cause I want Britain to be like British...

#22 Posted by Jebus213 (8919 posts) -
[QUOTE="Jebus213"][QUOTE="MudoSkills"]Just to elaborate, I'm white British, I live in London. We have immigrants. So what?PernicioEnigma
There's a bit white pride in a lot of people who lean right. That's the problem...

What's wrong with that? People of all enthicities tend to gravitate towards others of the same ethnicity, not just whites.

I'm talking about the whole "preserve the white race" bs.
#23 Posted by Ace6301 (21389 posts) -

[QUOTE="Tylendal"]Whites of any sort a minority (but still the biggest of all the minorities) in Vancouver. Your point?Zaibach

Its not about Whites just British whites, ignoring that a great majority of Londoners are Eastern European, French, German, Australian etrc 99% of whom are white.

Meanwhile Canadian Whites in Vancouver is no doubt lower than British whites in London and no one here seems to care. I suppose you could argue the culture of the area has always been quite a mixed bag when it comes to cultural identity.
#24 Posted by tumbIew33d (369 posts) -

it's bound to be culturally diverse: It's one of the world's major capital cities and an international economic and commercial hub.

And when you think that there are over 300 languages spoken by London's inhabitants, 45% doesn't really sound like such a tiny share.

#25 Posted by Flubbbs (3463 posts) -

goodbye sweet england.. you cant pour in 3rd world immigrants and expect to maintain a 1st world status

#26 Posted by osirisx3 (2008 posts) -

race is a none issue to most people other then the far right.

#27 Posted by kkee (1728 posts) -

So? London is one of the most diverse places on Earth and benefits greatly from this.

#28 Posted by MudoSkills (362 posts) -

goodbye sweet england.. you cant pour in 3rd world immigrants and expect to maintain a 1st world status

Flubbbs
:lol:
#29 Posted by BossPerson (9109 posts) -

Lol after centuries of brutal imperialism and colonialism, this is some form of poetic justice.

#30 Posted by Flubbbs (3463 posts) -

Lol after centuries of brutal imperialism and colonialism, this is some form of poetic justice.

BossPerson

yea i know lol! genocide of white people through 3rd world immigration lololol

#31 Posted by BossPerson (9109 posts) -

[QUOTE="BossPerson"]

Flubbbs

loosly
#32 Posted by ice144 (3350 posts) -

Flubbbs
he mad
#33 Posted by MudoSkills (362 posts) -

[QUOTE="BossPerson"]

Flubbbs

:lol:
#34 Posted by HouseMuzik4Life (134 posts) -
[QUOTE="Flubbbs"]

ice144
he mad

didnt get his mac n cheese
#35 Posted by Flubbbs (3463 posts) -

[QUOTE="Flubbbs"]

ice144

he mad

im not mad.. i dont live there. brits are the dumbass people for letting diversity destroy their country

#36 Posted by Zaibach (13463 posts) -

[QUOTE="ice144"][QUOTE="Flubbbs"]

Flubbbs

he mad

im not mad.. i dont live there. brits are the dumbass people for letting diversity destroy their country

A force of nature they are..
#37 Posted by Shottayouth13- (6848 posts) -

[QUOTE="ice144"][QUOTE="Flubbbs"]

Flubbbs

he mad

Nothing like some good ol' stupidity with an overdose of bigotry.
#38 Posted by Barbariser (6761 posts) -

I'm sure a lot of the Brits are going to be feeling uneasy about this news - they elected a conservative government into power after all.

#39 Posted by fernandmondego_ (3170 posts) -

Link

My guess is that they will be less than 10% of the population by mid-century. Apparently, people counted as "other white" make up 15% of the population, so that number combined with the white British percentage (45%) means whites are still an overall majority in London. But it won't stay that way for long.

gamerguru100
I think we should all f@#$ each other until everyone is the same color.
#40 Posted by Zaibach (13463 posts) -

I'm sure a lot of the Brits are going to be feeling uneasy about this news - they elected a conservative government into power after all.

Barbariser

actually its a coalition gvt, but yeah essentially conservative. Ever been to London? Its chill as fvck. People are too busy working, watching football or getting on with it to care about this sort of thing, except for the Internet neo nazis

#41 Posted by Leejjohno (14088 posts) -

Barbariser

Conservative just means to conserve money in this country. It has nothing to do with "way of life" or any bs like that.

#42 Posted by Flubbbs (3463 posts) -

[QUOTE="Flubbbs"]

[QUOTE="ice144"] he madShottayouth13-

so im a bigot because i dont accept diversity?

#43 Posted by sonicare (53563 posts) -

What about chavs?

#44 Posted by Overlord93 (12602 posts) -
Thanks labour
#45 Posted by Flubbbs (3463 posts) -

[QUOTE="gamerguru100"]

Link

fernandmondego_

i think your mom shoulda swallowed you

#46 Posted by toast_burner (22413 posts) -

[QUOTE="Shottayouth13-"][QUOTE="Flubbbs"]

Flubbbs

That is pretty much what a bigot is.

#47 Posted by Kamekazi_69 (4704 posts) -
[QUOTE="gamerguru100"]

Link

fernandmondego_

That would suck so much :( The day everyone reaches heredity neutrality, and we all look the same will be a sad one :( I like variety in my women. But I don't think it will happen as there is alot of features that make up hereditary characteristics Honestly I don't think it has anything to do with "immigrant invasion", England is a cultural melting pot as is New York City. The only bad thing this can bring is cultural tension.
#48 Posted by Kamekazi_69 (4704 posts) -

[QUOTE="Shottayouth13-"][QUOTE="Flubbbs"]

Flubbbs

I don't think there is nothing generally wrong with wanting to a preserve a hereditary and ethnic tree, but maybe it was the way you said it that made it come out, discriminatory.
#49 Posted by megaspiderweb09 (3686 posts) -

[QUOTE="fernandmondego_"][QUOTE="gamerguru100"]

Link

Kamekazi_69

That would suck so much :( The day everyone reaches heredity neutrality, and we all look the same will be a sad one :( I like variety in my women. But I don't think it will happen as there is alot of features that make up hereditary characteristics Honestly I don't think it has anything to do with "immigrant invasion", England is a cultural melting pot as is New York City. The only bad thing this can bring is cultural tension.

These sense of becoming one race one day is never going to happen, never. The highest that could happen is the number of mixed race increase by a significant number but never to the extent the major races would be extinct

#50 Posted by Barbariser (6761 posts) -

[QUOTE="Barbariser"]

Zaibach

actually its a coalition gvt, but yeah essentially conservative. Ever been to London? Its chill as fvck. People are too busy working, watching football or getting on with it to care about this sort of thing, except for the Internet neo nazis

Nope, but it doesn't matter since only about 20% of Brits live in London.

[QUOTE="Barbariser"]

Leejjohno

Conservative just means to conserve money in this country. It has nothing to do with "way of life" or any bs like that.

Nope, conservatism is a political idealogy that is literally about maintaining the status quo and sticking to tradition. What you're talking about is more likely to be fiscal conservatism, which is an utterly terrible idea and rapidly turning Europe into a sh!thole, but that's not relevant to this topic. Conservative parties all around the world have immigration-curbing and anti-minority policies in their platforms, and the UK tories are no different.