British Mother Punches Son After He Comes Out Gay

• 98 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts

@Starshine_M2A2 said:

@toast_burner said:

@Starshine_M2A2 said:

The UK isn't so much backwards as it is repressed and insular. I'm speaking generally here but most Brits tend not to like something that they view as out of the ordinary or even different - highlighted in recent years by resistance to new immigration laws. It's for these sorts of reasons that the UK remains one of the few countries of the west that has yet to fully accept homosexuality.

What do you mean we haven't fully accepted homosexuality? I'm legally allowed to marry, I'm protected from hate crimes, and I can adopt. The only thing I can't do is donate blood. Yes there are a few homophobic idiots, but no more so than any other country.

The dislike of immigration is mostly due to that there are more people in the country than there are jobs available. Although there are racist morons like the BNP and UKIP but i don't think they represent everyone's views.

The government may have passed laws to appease homosexuals but that doesn't mean the public feel the same way. And why shouldn't you be able to donate blood? Is the blood of a homosexual not good enough?

You also can't donate plasma.

Starshine_M2A2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 19

#102  Edited By Starshine_M2A2
Member since 2006 • 5593 Posts

@toast_burner said:

@Starshine_M2A2 said:

@toast_burner said:

@Starshine_M2A2 said:

The UK isn't so much backwards as it is repressed and insular. I'm speaking generally here but most Brits tend not to like something that they view as out of the ordinary or even different - highlighted in recent years by resistance to new immigration laws. It's for these sorts of reasons that the UK remains one of the few countries of the west that has yet to fully accept homosexuality.

What do you mean we haven't fully accepted homosexuality? I'm legally allowed to marry, I'm protected from hate crimes, and I can adopt. The only thing I can't do is donate blood. Yes there are a few homophobic idiots, but no more so than any other country.

The dislike of immigration is mostly due to that there are more people in the country than there are jobs available. Although there are racist morons like the BNP and UKIP but i don't think they represent everyone's views.

The government may have passed laws to appease homosexuals but that doesn't mean the public feel the same way. And why shouldn't you be able to donate blood? Is the blood of a homosexual not good enough?

What makes you think the people aren't accepting (relative to most other countries)

Recent polls by The Guardian and Global Post that stated 1 in six homosexuals have been the victim of hate crimes, while Britain is considered on par with the Philippines in terms of general LGBT tolerance - which puts it well below the majority of the EU including Germany, Spain, France and The Netherlands.

The fact that Britain is a multicultural society that includes minorities many of whom follow religions which frown upon homosexuality.

My own person experiences growing up in a decidedly anti-gay environment.

I'm not saying the ENTIRE country is anti-gay - I'm simply saying that, generally speaking, the small percentage that don't agree with LBGT related issues is higher than most other European countries.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b19214ec908b
deactivated-5b19214ec908b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#103 deactivated-5b19214ec908b
Member since 2007 • 25072 Posts

@Starshine_M2A2 said:

@toast_burner said:

@Starshine_M2A2 said:

@toast_burner said:

@Starshine_M2A2 said:

What makes you think the people aren't accepting (relative to most other countries)

Recent polls by The Guardian and Global Post that stated 1 in six homosexuals have been the victim of hate crimes, while Britain is considered on par with the Philippines in terms of general LGBT tolerance - which puts it well below the majority of the EU including Germany, Spain, France and The Netherlands.

The fact that Britain is a multicultural society that includes minorities many of whom follow religions which frown upon homosexuality.

My own person experiences growing up in a decidedly anti-gay environment.

I'm not saying the ENTIRE country is anti-gay - I'm simply saying that, generally speaking, the small percentage that don't agree with LBGT related issues is higher than most other European countries.

Most statistics I've seen show that the UK has roughly the same percentage of people who support acceptance of homosexuals. But maybe the ones who don't support it are more hostile than the ones from other countries.