British Mother Punches Son After He Comes Out Gay

  • 98 results
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Posted by thegerg (15263 posts) -

@themajormayor said:

@thegerg said:

@themajormayor said:
@thegerg said:

@themajormayor said:

@thegerg said:

@themajormayor said:

Welp

There those numbers are.

That doesn't break it down to show us what the numbers are in that country, but I think it's safe to assume that they're pretty close.

Yes it does.

Regardless if it's close or not, US is a very disgusting and backwards country. Much worse than the United Kingdom.

No it does not. It shows the numbers for Britain, but not for this woman's country.

Britain (as in United Kingdom) could definitely be considered to be her country.

You can consider whatever you want, but that doesn't mean that either Britain or the UK are this woman's country.

Yes it does.

No it doesn't. Your ability to consider something that is factually incorrect does not make it true.

#52 Posted by indzman (17820 posts) -

British people are very conservative and many orthodox, mom knew her whole family would know be looked down upon by neighbours. relatives as gay/ lesbian is still looked down upon by many people from society. Her punch is out from anger on herself and future pain of shame also.I don't blame the mom or parents of gays/ lesbians. Society needs to change and accept that even gays are humans after all, then there will no shame even if someones child turns out diffrent from others.

#53 Posted by themajormayor (25796 posts) -

@thegerg said:

@themajormayor said:

@thegerg said:

@themajormayor said:
@thegerg said:

@themajormayor said:

@thegerg said:

@themajormayor said:

Welp

There those numbers are.

That doesn't break it down to show us what the numbers are in that country, but I think it's safe to assume that they're pretty close.

Yes it does.

Regardless if it's close or not, US is a very disgusting and backwards country. Much worse than the United Kingdom.

No it does not. It shows the numbers for Britain, but not for this woman's country.

Britain (as in United Kingdom) could definitely be considered to be her country.

You can consider whatever you want, but that doesn't mean that either Britain or the UK are this woman's country.

Yes it does.

No it doesn't. Your ability to consider something that is factually incorrect does not make it true.

It is not factually incorrect, so yes it does.

#54 Posted by thegerg (15263 posts) -

@themajormayor said:

@thegerg said:

@themajormayor said:

@thegerg said:

@themajormayor said:
@thegerg said:

@themajormayor said:

@thegerg said:

@themajormayor said:

Welp

There those numbers are.

That doesn't break it down to show us what the numbers are in that country, but I think it's safe to assume that they're pretty close.

Yes it does.

Regardless if it's close or not, US is a very disgusting and backwards country. Much worse than the United Kingdom.

No it does not. It shows the numbers for Britain, but not for this woman's country.

Britain (as in United Kingdom) could definitely be considered to be her country.

You can consider whatever you want, but that doesn't mean that either Britain or the UK are this woman's country.

Yes it does.

No it doesn't. Your ability to consider something that is factually incorrect does not make it true.

It is not factually incorrect, so yes it does.

You seem to be very confused. The UK is an entity made up of a number of countries. This woman certainly is British, but that doesn't mean that Britain is a country.

#55 Edited by themajormayor (25796 posts) -

@thegerg said:

@themajormayor said:

@thegerg said:

@themajormayor said:

@thegerg said:

@themajormayor said:
@thegerg said:

@themajormayor said:

@thegerg said:

@themajormayor said:

Welp

There those numbers are.

That doesn't break it down to show us what the numbers are in that country, but I think it's safe to assume that they're pretty close.

Yes it does.

Regardless if it's close or not, US is a very disgusting and backwards country. Much worse than the United Kingdom.

No it does not. It shows the numbers for Britain, but not for this woman's country.

Britain (as in United Kingdom) could definitely be considered to be her country.

You can consider whatever you want, but that doesn't mean that either Britain or the UK are this woman's country.

Yes it does.

No it doesn't. Your ability to consider something that is factually incorrect does not make it true.

It is not factually incorrect, so yes it does.

You seem to be very confused. The UK is an entity made up of a number of countries. This woman certainly is British, but that doesn't mean that Britain is a country.

Ignorance FTL. Even though the UK is an entity made up of a number of countries doesn't mean that the UK itself can't be a country.

"Although the United Kingdom, as a sovereign state, is a country, England, Scotland, Wales, and to a lesser degree, Northern Ireland, are also regarded as countries, though not sovereign states."

"The British Prime Minister's website has used the phrase "countries within a country" to describe the United Kingdom."

"A political state or nation or its territory."

"A country is a region legally identified as a distinct entity in political geography.

Sometimes the word country is used to refer both to sovereign states and to other political entities, while other times it refers only to states. For example, the CIA World Factbook uses the word in its "Country name" field to refer to "a wide variety of dependencies, areas of special sovereignty, uninhabited islands, and other entities in addition to the traditional countries or independent states"."

#56 Posted by GreySeal9 (24343 posts) -

*sees the "debate" going on in here*

*shakes head sadly*

#57 Posted by Korvus (3840 posts) -

@AmazonTreeBoa said:

Well maybe he shouldn't have told her in front of everybody and had enough respect for his mother to inform her in private.

It was a family party, he was informing the family. Everybody else seemed to have dealt with it (or at least didn't hit him), maybe his mother should have enough respect for him to extend him the same courtesy.

But more importantly, quoted from the article:

"Drink was taken and over the course of the evening she was calling her son a p**f and a gay b******." I'm assuming b****** is bastard, but what's a p**f...where is this world coming to when I don't even recognize the insults...

Also, quote pyramids are bad, guys. Please limit to the minimum amount of quotes possible; it's easier for everyone to read. Thank you =)

#58 Posted by 187umKILLAH (1342 posts) -

@Korvus85 said:

@AmazonTreeBoa said:

Well maybe he shouldn't have told her in front of everybody and had enough respect for his mother to inform her in private.

It was a family party, he was informing the family. Everybody else seemed to have dealt with it (or at least didn't hit him), maybe his mother should have enough respect for him to extend him the same courtesy.

But more importantly, quoted from the article:

"Drink was taken and over the course of the evening she was calling her son a p**f and a gay b******." I'm assuming b****** is bastard, but what's a p**f...where is this world coming to when I don't even recognize the insults...

Also, quote pyramids are bad, guys. Please limit to the minimum amount of quotes possible; it's easier for everyone to read. Thank you =)

think it means poof which is a gay insult and coincidently a cushion for feet to rest on too.

#59 Posted by one_plum (6355 posts) -

Bloody hell

#60 Posted by Korvus (3840 posts) -

@187umKILLAH: I knew what a poof (cushion) was but never heard it used as an insult. Thanks for the clarification ^_^

#61 Posted by Randolph (10528 posts) -

@LJS9502_basic said:
@MakeMeaSammitch said:

but religion makes the world a better place

Aren't you just a cute bigot....nowhere in the article is religion mentioned.

?????

the conversation went outside on the streets where she continued the homophobic tirade and sentenced him to Hell by the name of God...

It's pretty clear her entire rant and the assault were both motivated by religious intolerance.

#62 Posted by thegerg (15263 posts) -

@themajormayor: Her country is Scotland, plain and simple.

#63 Posted by Netret0120 (2160 posts) -

He should have done it in a private setting. Not infront of the whole family. I can understand her actions.

#64 Posted by TheFlush (5558 posts) -

@indzman said:

British people are very conservative and many orthodox, mom knew her whole family would know be looked down upon by neighbours. relatives as gay/ lesbian is still looked down upon by many people from society. Her punch is out from anger on herself and future pain of shame also.I don't blame the mom or parents of gays/ lesbians. Society needs to change and accept that even gays are humans after all, then there will no shame even if someones child turns out diffrent from others.

I fucking HATE people who are more concerned about what their neighbourhood might think than the wellbeing and happiness of their own goddamn children.

#65 Edited by indzman (17820 posts) -

@TheFlush said:

@indzman said:

British people are very conservative and many orthodox, mom knew her whole family would know be looked down upon by neighbours. relatives as gay/ lesbian is still looked down upon by many people from society. Her punch is out from anger on herself and future pain of shame also.I don't blame the mom or parents of gays/ lesbians. Society needs to change and accept that even gays are humans after all, then there will no shame even if someones child turns out diffrent from others.

I fucking HATE people who are more concerned about what their neighbourhood might think than the wellbeing and happiness of their own goddamn children.

I understand , thats how many parents are tho. They always compare ther children to neighbours / relatives children than seeing goodness in own kid lol. If others childrens are scoring well in exams , getting good job parents always taking it out on own kids Heh.

#66 Posted by toast_burner (21673 posts) -

@indzman said:

British people are very conservative and many orthodox, mom knew her whole family would know be looked down upon by neighbours. relatives as gay/ lesbian is still looked down upon by many people from society. Her punch is out from anger on herself and future pain of shame also.I don't blame the mom or parents of gays/ lesbians. Society needs to change and accept that even gays are humans after all, then there will no shame even if someones child turns out diffrent from others.

As a British person myself, I can say that is really far from the truth. It's not even that common for people to know their neighbours names, let alone care about what they think more than their own children. Also it's a very accepting country for gays. I'm sure this mother has cut her self off from the community more so by doing this.

only in small cut off villages could you get the type of community you're talking about.

#67 Posted by indzman (17820 posts) -

@toast_burner said:

@indzman said:

British people are very conservative and many orthodox, mom knew her whole family would know be looked down upon by neighbours. relatives as gay/ lesbian is still looked down upon by many people from society. Her punch is out from anger on herself and future pain of shame also.I don't blame the mom or parents of gays/ lesbians. Society needs to change and accept that even gays are humans after all, then there will no shame even if someones child turns out diffrent from others.

As a British person myself, I can say that is really far from the truth. It's not even that common for people to know their neighbours names, let alone care about what they think more than their own children. Also it's a very accepting country for gays. I'm sure this mother has cut her self off from the community more so by doing this.

only in small cut off villages could you get the type of community you're talking about.

Oh, i was talking from history and culture of british people, thought they are are very strict in principles and take taboos seriously. Its good to hear british society is very liberal and free minded society.Thanks for the info :)

#68 Posted by jcknapier711 (380 posts) -

Good for her. It's good to know that there are some sane minds left in the world.

@MakeMeaSammitch said:

but religion makes the world a better place

Where does the article say anything about religion? I think you're just another left wing bigot spewing hate and ignorance. This is exactly what I mean by there being a complete double standard when it comes to so-called, "hate speech."

#69 Posted by -ParaNormaN- (822 posts) -

thegerg and themajormayor have stopped posting. This thread is dead to me now.

#70 Posted by jcknapier711 (380 posts) -

@themajormayor said:

Welp

These statistics only demonstrate the ease of which the malleability of the human mind is susceptible to the mainstream media's propaganda. Fact is that outside (in reference to the 1990s) of this influence nobody ever even conceived of the idea the homosexuals should be accepted.

When a few bills were proposed about the issue in the early 00's, I dismissed it figuring some fringe group just got lucky. I now dismiss that assertion. It came as a spearhead to a billion dollar media frenzy funded by powerful Wall St firms. I find it amusing in twisted way, that this "occupy wall street" movement repeats verbatim much of the Wall Street agenda.

#71 Posted by jcknapier711 (380 posts) -

@Randolph said:

@LJS9502_basic said:
@MakeMeaSammitch said:

but religion makes the world a better place

Aren't you just a cute bigot....nowhere in the article is religion mentioned.

?????

the conversation went outside on the streets where she continued the homophobic tirade and sentenced him to Hell by the name of God...

It's pretty clear her entire rant and the assault were both motivated by religious intolerance.

Where does it say that in the article? I read it twice and did a control+f search and that quote does not appear.

#72 Edited by Dogswithguns (10766 posts) -

LMAO!!!!

#73 Posted by LJS9502_basic (151092 posts) -

@Randolph said:

@LJS9502_basic said:
@MakeMeaSammitch said:

but religion makes the world a better place

Aren't you just a cute bigot....nowhere in the article is religion mentioned.

?????

the conversation went outside on the streets where she continued the homophobic tirade and sentenced him to Hell by the name of God...

It's pretty clear her entire rant and the assault were both motivated by religious intolerance.

Hey Randolph....how about we stick to what was posted here. That article says nothing like that. It says her son was acting up against family members, alcohol was involved, and his sexual orientation was the reason. Could we at least be honest here dude.

#74 Edited by themajormayor (25796 posts) -

@thegerg said:

@themajormayor: Her country is Scotland, plain and simple.

I never said anything else. Try to comprehend what you're reading next time.

#75 Posted by lamprey263 (23958 posts) -

10 kids(?!), Jesus Chris on a cross, when you have a shit ton of kids eventually it's gonna be a statistical certainty that some of them will be gay

#76 Posted by thegerg (15263 posts) -

@themajormayor said:

@thegerg said:

@themajormayor: Her country is Scotland, plain and simple.

I never said anything else. Try to comprehend what you're reading next time.

Yes you did. You've said a number of things.

#77 Posted by Trender_man (137 posts) -

i guess he should of stayed in the gay

#78 Edited by vl4d_l3nin (970 posts) -

@lamprey263 said:

10 kids(?!), Jesus Chris on a cross, when you have a shit ton of kids eventually it's gonna be a statistical certainty that some of them will be gay

Yeah, especially when statistics suggest that each consecutive son has an increased chance of being gay.

EDIT: Just read he's the eldest. Oh well! fun fact, I guess.

#79 Posted by whiskeystrike (12068 posts) -

There is no mention of religion in the article. TC put it in the OP to get a rise out of people. Successful troll is successful.

#81 Edited by Starshine_M2A2 (4088 posts) -

The UK isn't so much backwards as it is repressed and insular. I'm speaking generally here but most Brits tend not to like something that they view as out of the ordinary or even different - highlighted in recent years by resistance to new immigration laws. It's for these sorts of reasons that the UK remains one of the few countries of the west that has yet to fully accept homosexuality.

#82 Edited by Bardock47 (5295 posts) -

Love the direction this thread took. Stay classy OT.

#84 Posted by toast_burner (21673 posts) -

@Starshine_M2A2 said:

The UK isn't so much backwards as it is repressed and insular. I'm speaking generally here but most Brits tend not to like something that they view as out of the ordinary or even different - highlighted in recent years by resistance to new immigration laws. It's for these sorts of reasons that the UK remains one of the few countries of the west that has yet to fully accept homosexuality.

What do you mean we haven't fully accepted homosexuality? I'm legally allowed to marry, I'm protected from hate crimes, and I can adopt. The only thing I can't do is donate blood. Yes there are a few homophobic idiots, but no more so than any other country.

The dislike of immigration is mostly due to that there are more people in the country than there are jobs available. Although there are racist morons like the BNP and UKIP but i don't think they represent everyone's views.

#85 Posted by themajormayor (25796 posts) -

@thegerg said:

@themajormayor said:

@thegerg said:

@themajormayor: Her country is Scotland, plain and simple.

I never said anything else. Try to comprehend what you're reading next time.

Yes you did. You've said a number of things.

No. I've never said a number of things. How is it even relevant if I said a number of things or not? You seem to be very confused.

#86 Posted by HoolaHoopMan (7799 posts) -

@jcknapier711 said:

Good for her. It's good to know that there are some sane minds left in the world.

Bwhahahahahahahahahahahaha. Oh man for a second there I thought you were serious.

#87 Edited by thegerg (15263 posts) -

@themajormayor: I never said that you said a number of things.

#88 Posted by themajormayor (25796 posts) -

@thegerg said:

@themajormayor: I never said that you said a number of things.

I never said that you said that I said a number of things.However, you did say "You've said a number of things", which is not true. I haven't said a number of things.

#89 Posted by nomsayin (1141 posts) -

@Starshine_M2A2 said:

The UK isn't so much backwards as it is repressed and insular. I'm speaking generally here but most Brits tend not to like something that they view as out of the ordinary or even different - highlighted in recent years by resistance to new immigration laws. It's for these sorts of reasons that the UK remains one of the few countries of the west that has yet to fully accept homosexuality.

have noticed this as well

#90 Edited by not_wanted (1977 posts) -

I bet it went something like this....lol

watch from 4:10

#91 Posted by thegerg (15263 posts) -

@themajormayor: I never said that you said that I said that you said a number of things. Wtf are you on about?

#92 Posted by LJS9502_basic (151092 posts) -

@thegerg said:

@themajormayor: I never said that you said that I said that you said a number of things. Wtf are you on about?

You should both stop.....or PM each other.

#93 Posted by Shmiity (5129 posts) -

Saddest part about this? This scenario probably happens all the time, and just doesn't get publicized. That's your child... come on. :(

#94 Posted by Pffrbt (6556 posts) -

@Netret0120 said:

He should have done it in a private setting. Not infront of the whole family. I can understand her actions.

I'm not seeing how any of this justifies what she did.

#95 Posted by themajormayor (25796 posts) -

@thegerg said:

@themajormayor: I never said that you said that I said that you said a number of things. Wtf are you on about?

I never said that you said that I said that you said that I said a number of things. However, you did say "You've said a number of things", which is not true. I haven't said a number of things. You seem to be very confused.

#96 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) -

@Netret0120 said:

He should have done it in a private setting. Not infront of the whole family. I can understand her actions.

That's how I see it as well. I don't feel sorry for him in the slightest.

#97 Posted by Starshine_M2A2 (4088 posts) -

@toast_burner said:

@Starshine_M2A2 said:

The UK isn't so much backwards as it is repressed and insular. I'm speaking generally here but most Brits tend not to like something that they view as out of the ordinary or even different - highlighted in recent years by resistance to new immigration laws. It's for these sorts of reasons that the UK remains one of the few countries of the west that has yet to fully accept homosexuality.

What do you mean we haven't fully accepted homosexuality? I'm legally allowed to marry, I'm protected from hate crimes, and I can adopt. The only thing I can't do is donate blood. Yes there are a few homophobic idiots, but no more so than any other country.

The dislike of immigration is mostly due to that there are more people in the country than there are jobs available. Although there are racist morons like the BNP and UKIP but i don't think they represent everyone's views.

The government may have passed laws to appease homosexuals but that doesn't mean the public feel the same way. And why shouldn't you be able to donate blood? Is the blood of a homosexual not good enough?

#98 Posted by drufeous (2535 posts) -

@Starshine_M2A2 said:

@toast_burner said:

@Starshine_M2A2 said:

The UK isn't so much backwards as it is repressed and insular. I'm speaking generally here but most Brits tend not to like something that they view as out of the ordinary or even different - highlighted in recent years by resistance to new immigration laws. It's for these sorts of reasons that the UK remains one of the few countries of the west that has yet to fully accept homosexuality.

What do you mean we haven't fully accepted homosexuality? I'm legally allowed to marry, I'm protected from hate crimes, and I can adopt. The only thing I can't do is donate blood. Yes there are a few homophobic idiots, but no more so than any other country.

The dislike of immigration is mostly due to that there are more people in the country than there are jobs available. Although there are racist morons like the BNP and UKIP but i don't think they represent everyone's views.

The government may have passed laws to appease homosexuals but that doesn't mean the public feel the same way. And why shouldn't you be able to donate blood? Is the blood of a homosexual not good enough?

AIDS. Seriously. More prominent in the gay community so if you are male that has had sex with another male in the past year you can't give blood.

#99 Posted by Starshine_M2A2 (4088 posts) -

@drufeous said:

@Starshine_M2A2 said:

@toast_burner said:

@Starshine_M2A2 said:

The UK isn't so much backwards as it is repressed and insular. I'm speaking generally here but most Brits tend not to like something that they view as out of the ordinary or even different - highlighted in recent years by resistance to new immigration laws. It's for these sorts of reasons that the UK remains one of the few countries of the west that has yet to fully accept homosexuality.

What do you mean we haven't fully accepted homosexuality? I'm legally allowed to marry, I'm protected from hate crimes, and I can adopt. The only thing I can't do is donate blood. Yes there are a few homophobic idiots, but no more so than any other country.

The dislike of immigration is mostly due to that there are more people in the country than there are jobs available. Although there are racist morons like the BNP and UKIP but i don't think they represent everyone's views.

The government may have passed laws to appease homosexuals but that doesn't mean the public feel the same way. And why shouldn't you be able to donate blood? Is the blood of a homosexual not good enough?

AIDS. Seriously. More prominent in the gay community so if you are male that has had sex with another male in the past year you can't give blood.

Why not just get tested? (Don't know much about AIDS, incubation period ect...)

#100 Posted by toast_burner (21673 posts) -

@Starshine_M2A2 said:

@toast_burner said:

@Starshine_M2A2 said:

The UK isn't so much backwards as it is repressed and insular. I'm speaking generally here but most Brits tend not to like something that they view as out of the ordinary or even different - highlighted in recent years by resistance to new immigration laws. It's for these sorts of reasons that the UK remains one of the few countries of the west that has yet to fully accept homosexuality.

What do you mean we haven't fully accepted homosexuality? I'm legally allowed to marry, I'm protected from hate crimes, and I can adopt. The only thing I can't do is donate blood. Yes there are a few homophobic idiots, but no more so than any other country.

The dislike of immigration is mostly due to that there are more people in the country than there are jobs available. Although there are racist morons like the BNP and UKIP but i don't think they represent everyone's views.

The government may have passed laws to appease homosexuals but that doesn't mean the public feel the same way. And why shouldn't you be able to donate blood? Is the blood of a homosexual not good enough?

What makes you think the people aren't accepting (relative to most other countries)