Britain faces risk of blackout by 2015

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by meconate (10476 posts) -

LINK

I can't help but feel like we knew about this years back, but failed and still fail to do anything to change it.

So yeah... I wonder if there's any way of altering this now?

Thoughts?

#2 Posted by C2N2 (759 posts) -

They have no choice... If they want to be in the EU they have to comply with regulations... Green energy is expensive, I am assuming the UK doesn't have an infnite money tree to just build whatever they want whenever they want to...

#3 Posted by johnd13 (8485 posts) -

Damnit! And I wanted to move there after I get my CS degree...

#4 Posted by svenus97 (2289 posts) -

LINK

I can't help but feel like we knew about this years back, but failed and still fail to do anything to change it.

So yeah... I wonder if there's any way of altering this now?

Thoughts?

meconate

Damn you, Doctor Who!

#5 Posted by MannyDelgado (1250 posts) -

They have no choice... If they want to be in the EU they have to comply with regulations... Green energy is expensive, I am assuming the UK doesn't have an infnite money tree to just build whatever they want whenever they want to...

C2N2
lol Plenty of EU countries have no such problems despite getting a much larger proportion of their energy from renewable sources Addendum: nuclear power is gr8, everyone
#6 Posted by SUD123456 (4509 posts) -

Pretty much every jurisdiction has significant electricity issues; however, there is no particular reason to be alarmist about this situation. It is not like there is a technical issue that cannot be overcome or anything like that. It is just normal energy policy & politics at work.

#7 Posted by Storm_Marine (11583 posts) -

As usual I'd reccomend moar nuclear reactors, but most of same Eco lunatics that want to destroy coal and gas hate the one viable alternative. Oh well.

#8 Posted by Rattlesnake_8 (18414 posts) -
I'm sure nothing will come of it. It'll be all be fine.