Bring WIDESPREAD ATTENTION TO JEFF'S PERSECUTION CLICK HERE!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MadExponent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 MadExponent
Member since 2003 • 11454 Posts

Join www.digg.com and get a login and search for "jeff gerstmann" and click to digg every news story on him.

THIS WILL BRING MASSIVE ATTENTION TO WHAT HAS OCCURRED. Digg.com is looked at by millions of people.

Dark__Link

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Dark__Link
Member since 2003 • 32653 Posts
No. Stop freaking out.
MattUD1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 MattUD1
Member since 2004 • 20715 Posts
You're acting as if this was Jesus...
BobbyTurkalino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: -4

#4 BobbyTurkalino
Member since 2003 • 31460 Posts
Can we keep all the Jeff love in the big topic please?
MadExponent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 MadExponent
You are saying he ISNT!?
MattUD1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 MattUD1
You are saying he ISNT!?MadExponent
No, he's not. He's a man that has made some very questionable reveiws in the past. This time his questionable reviews lost CNet advertising money. And since we all know money is what make the world go round, they decided to get rid of the problem, thus they fired him.
Dark__Link

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Dark__Link
Member since 2003 • 32653 Posts

You are saying he ISNT!?MadExponent

He's just some dude. He'll get a job elsewhere; until then he's just inconvenienced. It's funny because HE is probably less concerned about all this than YOU. Get a life. :|

MadExponent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 MadExponent

[QUOTE="MadExponent"]You are saying he ISNT!?MattUD1
No, he's not. He's a man that has made some very questionable reveiws in the past. This time his questionable reviews lost CNet advertising money. And since we all know money is what make the world go round, they decided to get rid of the problem, thus they fired him.

Ok dude, they lost probably around half of their paying members in A DAY. Money makes the world go round, but Gamespot lost every single itty bitty bit of ethical dignity in A DAY also. IGN is so damn happy right about now that CNET did the stupidest possible thing.

Your simple model for reasoning is unfounded indeed due to the fact that total access members pay $40 a year for service. Let's say....hmm 5000 of them left today alone. Thats $200K alone.......

Blu_Falcon37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 Blu_Falcon37
Member since 2006 • 4041 Posts

Can someone explain to me what's going on? I haven't been on Gamespot in a while and I'm terribly confused:?

JayPee89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 JayPee89
Member since 2005 • 3488 Posts
[QUOTE="MadExponent"]You are saying he ISNT!?MattUD1

Are you saying that the K&L review was questionable?
JayPee89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 JayPee89

Can someone explain to me what's going on? I haven't been on Gamespot in a while and I'm terribly confused:?

Blu_Falcon37
Jeff was fired due to his harsh review of Kane & Lynch because of advertiser pressure from Eidos.
MattUD1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 MattUD1
[QUOTE="MattUD1"][QUOTE="MadExponent"]You are saying he ISNT!?JayPee89

Well, Eidos obviously didn't like the results of the review, thus they pulled all advertisement funds from CNet... So yes, I'd say it was fairly questionable in someone's eyes.
KiIIyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 KiIIyou
Member since 2006 • 27204 Posts
It's got enough attention already.
Blu_Falcon37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Blu_Falcon37
Member since 2006 • 4041 Posts
[QUOTE="Blu_Falcon37"]

JayPee89
Jeff was fired due to his harsh review of Kane & Lynch because of advertiser pressure from Eidos.

Oh, thanks
MattUD1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 MattUD1

[QUOTE="MattUD1"][QUOTE="MadExponent"]You are saying he ISNT!?MadExponent

Ok dude, they lost probably around half of their paying members in A DAY. Money makes the world go round, but Gamespot lost every single itty bitty bit of ethical dignity in A DAY also. IGN is so damn happy right about now that CNET did the stupidest possible thing.

Your simple model for reasoning is unfounded indeed due to the fact that total access members pay $40 a year for service. Let's say....hmm 5000 of them left today alone. Thats $200K alone.......

I'm not saying what CNet did was right. I think it was really stupid. However, I don't like that people are treating Jeff like Jesus.
Avatar image for thriteenthmonke
thriteenthmonke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 thriteenthmonke
Member since 2005 • 49823 Posts

Blu_Falcon37

Jesus Gerstmann got fired.

hirogen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 hirogen
Member since 2003 • 255 Posts
If you're going to be in CNET's house, you should at least be nice.
JayPee89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 JayPee89
[QUOTE="JayPee89"][QUOTE="MattUD1"][QUOTE="MadExponent"]You are saying he ISNT!?MattUD1

Well, Eidos obviously didn't like the results of the review, thus they pulled all advertisement funds from CNet... So yes, I'd say it was fairly questionable in someone's eyes.

Of course it's going to be questionable to the people that find out they spent 10 million on a steaming pile of manure. check gamerankings, and metacritic and you'll see that most people agree with Jeff.
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 LJS9502_basic  Online
Member since 2003 • 178865 Posts

It's got enough attention already.KiIIyou

Too much actually.

metroid_dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#20 metroid_dragon
Member since 2003 • 1964 Posts

Join www.digg.com and get a login and search for "jeff gerstmann" and click to digg every news story on him.

THIS WILL BRING MASSIVE ATTENTION TO WHAT HAS OCCURRED. Digg.com is looked at by millions of people.

MadExponent

Already dugg the story this morning.

MattUD1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 MattUD1
[QUOTE="MattUD1"][QUOTE="JayPee89"][QUOTE="MattUD1"][QUOTE="MadExponent"]You are saying he ISNT!?JayPee89

Of course it's going to be questionable to the people that find out they spent 10 million on a steaming pile of manure. check gamerankings, and metacritic and you'll see that most people agree with Jeff.

I've seen the rankings. Unfortunately, I've never cared much for Kane and Lynch game(s) at all.
X360PS3AMD05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 X360PS3AMD05
Member since 2005 • 36320 Posts
While you're there digg the Kucinich article :D
MadExponent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 MadExponent

Actually here is the one to digg right here.

http://www.digg.com/gaming_news/Rumor_Gamespot_Editor_Fired_Over_Negative_Kane_Lynch_Review

It already has 2900 diggs....ahahahahahahaha CNET is so screwed

Xshinobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#24 Xshinobi
Member since 2003 • 3011 Posts
I find it funny that a lot of people think that itis ok for someone to be fired because the publisher gets mad at the review score.
LosDaddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

#25 LosDaddie
Member since 2006 • 10318 Posts
Already dugg it earlier.:)
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 LJS9502_basic  Online
Member since 2003 • 178865 Posts

I find it funny that a lot of people think that itis ok for someone to be fired because the publisher gets mad at the review score.anime-2k3

That's called life. People get fired every day for an assortment of reasons...which generally amount to the employer is no longer happy with you as an employee.

XSAVAGE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#27 XSAVAGE
Member since 2003 • 3232 Posts

You're acting as if this was Jesus...MattUD1

he is jesus , he's the only real jesus i have