Breast feeding in public?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

zeldaluff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#51 zeldaluff
Member since 2008 • 3387 Posts

[QUOTE="da-big-girl007"]So is a guys penis a sexual toy for women?cd_rom

Uh.... yeah?

This

Yeah, but with the context your speaking, it's like I'm supposed to be offended by it. "How dare you say penises have anything to do with sex! GRRRR!!!!"cd_rom

and this :lol:

cd_rom = win.

emb4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 emb4
Member since 2010 • 441 Posts

what are they suppesed to do? let the baby go without milk?

XilePrincess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 XilePrincess
Member since 2008 • 13130 Posts

I hate to be "that guy" who actively pursues argument on a forum, but you guys do realize that women can pump out their breast milk, put it in a bottle, and feed it to their child without having to feed directly from the breast, right? Women don't have to breast feed in public to feed their child. It even seems like less of a hassle to bottle feed a child in public than to breast feed in public.

Lab392
Some women just can't pump. It doesn't work for them. Some of them produce next to no milk when they try, so while many moms do opt to do that for both convenience and to avoid having to cart around a nursing cover and all that, some just are not able to. As well, some babies, especially newborns, won't take a bottle. they just don't like it, especially if they're breastfed all the time that they aren't in public. So in that situation, you have a bottle full of wasted milk, a cranky, hungry baby, and a frustrated mom. Sometimes pumping is not the answer because it just doesn't work. And please do not tell me that by "behind closed doors" you mean a public bathroom. I know there are germs everywhere, but do you want to feed your child in a place that people defecate in on such a regular basis that they have to clean it 3-4 times a day? I don't think you'd like to eat in a bathroom, give the same courtesy to the babies. I have only seen maybe 3-5 places in my city that offer a breastfeeding/baby changing room, my city has about 100k-ish people. One is the main mall, one is the huge arena used for everything, and one is the hospital. 99.8% of women don't 'whip it out'. They put a blanket across their chest, over the baby's head, and then expose themselves. The only eyes that will ever see that boob are the baby's. You've probably walked past a half dozen breastfeeding women in the past month and not even noticed.
Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#54 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

Na I don't care. You get used it after a while and it becomes the norm.

emb4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 emb4
Member since 2010 • 441 Posts

[QUOTE="coolbeans90"]

[QUOTE="da-big-girl007"]

If you say womens breasts are sexual toys its also fair to say mens penises are too. It has nothing to do with trolling.

BluRayHiDef

Erm, what?

It's better in HiDef.

HAHA, you did this on gametrailers

rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 rawsavon
Member since 2004 • 40001 Posts

Absolutely. It is a perfectly natural event. I don't for the life of me understand why some people get so offended.

ThePlothole
Same as going to the bathroom, no? Either way though, it is not something I want to see.
Avatar image for call_of_duty_10
call_of_duty_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 call_of_duty_10
Member since 2009 • 4954 Posts

No.

Looking at their assets will make my pants tight in public.

STAR_Admiral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 STAR_Admiral
Member since 2006 • 1119 Posts

I don't think breast feeding in public is appropriate. It obviously makes people uncomfortable, and there are means of feeding your child in public that don't involve "whipping it out", so why even do it? I mean, yeah, it's a natural and non-sexual experience, but you can say the same thing about taking a dump. And it's only through common modesty that we do that behind closed doors.

Lab392

So we should just let the child go hungry, just so people around don't feel awkward. Honestly just like another poster stated, you should be slapped in the face

"If somebody told me I couldn't feed my child in public I would slap them across the face and tell them to go **** themselves. My baby's health and well being come far before you feeling awkward because you're choosing to stare at me while I'm trying to feed my child. I'll be discreet and courteous of others, but I'll be damned if anyone will tell me or anyone else that I simply shouldn't be doing it."

if we gotta take a dump, we can hold it, but a baby should not be required to hold their hunger.

DigitalExile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#60 DigitalExile
Member since 2008 • 16046 Posts

If she's hot and has great boobs I;m all for it, otherwise there are discreet ways to go about this, like at home or in the library.

[spoiler] I keed. I think it's probbaly best to do this in a private area, like a quiet spot, or a nursing room (all good malls have them here) not out in the middle of the food court or a busy path or something. It may be natural, it may be a beautiful bond between mother and child, but so is taking a dump after holding it in for 10 minutes looking for a toilet. ;D [/spoiler]

DigitalExile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 DigitalExile

[QUOTE="Lab392"]

I don't think breast feeding in public is appropriate. It obviously makes people uncomfortable, and there are means of feeding your child in public that don't involve "whipping it out", so why even do it? I mean, yeah, it's a natural and non-sexual experience, but you can say the same thing about taking a dump. And it's only through common modesty that we do that behind closed doors.

STAR_Admiral

So we should just let the child go hungry, just so people around don't feel awkward. Honestly just like another poster stated, you should be slapped in the face

"If somebody told me I couldn't feed my child in public I would slap them across the face and tell them to go **** themselves. My baby's health and well being come far before you feeling awkward because you're choosing to stare at me while I'm trying to feed my child. I'll be discreet and courteous of others, but I'll be damned if anyone will tell me or anyone else that I simply shouldn't be doing it."

if we gotta take a dump, we can hold it, but a baby should not be required to hold their hunger.

Well sometimes I like to take my pants off and get some air down there, but that'd get me arrested. Double standards ftl. Any mother who gives two ****s about the well being of her child would come prepared with some baby forumla and maybe even carry around a flask full of warm water.

bloodling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 bloodling
Member since 2006 • 5822 Posts

Most guys are obviously aroused at the sight of a woman's breast... And I don't think people who are overly sexual need psychological help as suggested... If they like it a lot, good for them. What's the problem?

Avatar image for Smokescreened84
Smokescreened84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#63 Smokescreened84
Member since 2005 • 2565 Posts

I think it's a beautiful thing to see amother and their youngchild bonding in that way, my mum breast fed me when I was a baby, she also did so for my baby brother and my baby sister. It's a natural thing for mothers to do since their milk is exactly what a young child needs.

It's nature.

DigitalExile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 DigitalExile

I think it's a beautiful thing to see amother and their youngchild bonding in that way, my mum breast fed me when I was a baby, she also did so for my baby brother and my baby sister. It's a natural thing for mothers to do since their milk is exactly what a young child needs.

It's nature.

Smokescreened84

As others have said so is going to the bathroom... We are also born naked...

chaplainDMK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 chaplainDMK
Member since 2008 • 7004 Posts

[QUOTE="STAR_Admiral"]

[QUOTE="Lab392"]

DigitalExile

Well sometimes I like to take my pants off and get some air down there, but that'd get me arrested. Double standards ftl. Any mother who gives two ****s about the well being of her child would come prepared with some baby forumla and maybe even carry around a flask full of warm water.

If a woman takes her pants off and tries to get some air time down there she will probably get arrested too... Meanwhile a guy can go shirtless all day long and he won't be arested, meanwhile a woman just trying to feed her baby the way she was seposed to gets picked out like some kind of sexual pervert...
Ceraby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#66 Ceraby
Member since 2009 • 3306 Posts

[QUOTE="DigitalExile"]

[QUOTE="STAR_Admiral"] So we should just let the child go hungry, just so people around don't feel awkward. Honestly just like another poster stated, you should be slapped in the face

chaplainDMK

If a woman takes her pants off and tries to get some air time down there she will probably get arrested too... Meanwhile a guy can go shirtless all day long and he won't be arested, meanwhile a woman just trying to feed her baby the way she was seposed to gets picked out like some kind of sexual pervert...

That's a good point.

Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts

I don't mind it, it's when they decide to change the kids diaper right there on the Cafè table that I react.

markop2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 markop2003
Member since 2005 • 29917 Posts
Ofcourse and they shouldn't have to cover it up. Aslong as they're not forcebly feeding other people i'm fine with it.
tofu-lion91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 tofu-lion91
Member since 2008 • 13496 Posts
I think it should be encouraged.SolidSnake35
This - there's so many health benefits and mothers should be encouraged to give breast feeding a go. We went on breast feeding awareness training recently (don't know why) and it was quite interesting.
ThePlothole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 ThePlothole
Member since 2007 • 11515 Posts

Something which should also be pointed out is that, up until the mid twentieth century, breast feeding in public was common place. Apparently the introduction of baby formula slowly led to this taboo. Which is sad, because as we now know breast milk is healthier for infants.

Ronstera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Ronstera
Member since 2007 • 6112 Posts
Yes why not, as long as there aren't any pervert men or virgin kids around to stare at it..
DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 DroidPhysX
Member since 2010 • 17098 Posts

Yes why not, as long as there aren't any pervert men or virgin kids around to stare at it..Ronstera

Haha. Its true and funny.

WWIAB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#73 WWIAB
Member since 2006 • 4352 Posts

Lab392
+1 I'll admit, it certainly makes me feel uncomfortable,
DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 DroidPhysX

[QUOTE="Lab392"]

WWIAB

+1 I'll admit, it certainly makes me feel uncomfortable,

Taking a dump in public =/= breast feeding

Horrible analogy. One of the worst ones I've seen here on GS.

Steak_And_Eggs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Steak_And_Eggs
Member since 2010 • 1001 Posts
As long as it's covered up, I don't see a problem.
killblade37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 killblade37
Member since 2006 • 1091 Posts

I dont really care either way but why not just give the baby formula? Because when you breast feed your child arent they more prone to anything you might have thus the risk of getting the child sick?

Palantas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#77 Palantas
Member since 2002 • 15329 Posts

I don't want to see that. If I see it at a restaurant, I ask to be reseated.

rcafan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 rcafan
Member since 2010 • 2025 Posts
its fine by me... some people are just jelous or just think it should be in a place bathroom but meh sometimes you can't also get what you want.
MiloZEgamer34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 MiloZEgamer34
Member since 2010 • 589 Posts

Many women seem to see them as such.cd_rom

Yes and I feel sorry for those women.

There is actually an evolutionary reason men are attracted to breasts, so yeah.... breasts are sexual toys.

hahaha

Acemaster27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Acemaster27
Member since 2004 • 4482 Posts
I think it's fine. Babies have to eat, and breast milk is the best food for them.
BuryMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 104

#81 BuryMe
Member since 2004 • 22017 Posts

I have no problem with it. You wouldn't go to a bathroom to eat your lunch. A baby shouldn't have to, either.

BuryMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 BuryMe

Because I don't want to see it.

Pffrbt

Then turn your hea and look the other way...

rcafan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 rcafan
Member since 2010 • 2025 Posts

I dont really care either way but why not just give the baby formula? Because when you breast feed your child arent they more prone to anything you might have thus the risk of getting the child sick?

killblade37
not all baby get used formula, and not to metion that getting breast of milk is healthier.
BuryMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 BuryMe

[QUOTE="Agent-Zero"][QUOTE="da-big-girl007"]

So is a guys penis a sexual toy for women?

da-big-girl007

And now you are trolling. Nobody takes you serious anymore.

If you say womens breasts are sexual toys its also fair to say mens penises are too. It has nothing to do with trolling.

In certain contexts, breasts and penises are sexy. In others, they are functional body parts.

That's just the way it works.

BuryMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 BuryMe

I hate to be "that guy" who actively pursues argument on a forum, but you guys do realize that women can pump out their breast milk, put it in a bottle, and feed it to their child without having to feed directly from the breast, right? Women don't have to breast feed in public to feed their child. It even seems like less of a hassle to bottle feed a child in public than to breast feed in public.

Lab392

It's less of a hassle to carry around a bottle than to not carry one around?

worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 worlock77
Member since 2009 • 22552 Posts

[QUOTE="cd_rom"][QUOTE="da-big-girl007"]

There not toys because part of the human body, and they produce nourishment for another person.

But I know you guys are just trolling so what ever.

da-big-girl007

I actually wasn't trolling just then. Breasts are an indication of a woman's health and breeding capability, much like the width of hips. Through evolution, men's minds find certain female proportions to be more attractive, and breasts play a large role in that. Hence, breasts are used for sex on top of their functional abilities. Word up, G-money.

So is a guys penis a sexual toy for women?

My wife certainly seems to think so (and I have no problem with that).

Scoob64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 Scoob64
Member since 2008 • 2635 Posts

Only if the women in question is under the age of 30 and has an amazing rack. Personally though, I'd ask your brother's opinion on the matter;)

TacticalDesire

wow- breastfeeding turns you on? sick.

DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 DroidPhysX

[QUOTE="TacticalDesire"]

Only if the women in question is under the age of 30 and has an amazing rack. Personally though, I'd ask your brother's opinion on the matter;)

Scoob64

wow- breastfeeding turns you on? sick.

I think you're missing the point.

Palantas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 Palantas
Member since 2002 • 15329 Posts

BuryMe

That's what I said to this mom at the zoo when she objected to my "Born to F***" tattoo. F***in' prude b****. Told her to take her little s***heads to go watch the monkeys play with themselves.

rangegear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#90 rangegear
Member since 2008 • 3029 Posts

Sure why not?

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127503 Posts
No problems with it, some could be more discrete about it though
Sandulf29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 Sandulf29
Member since 2010 • 14330 Posts

i dont mind as long as the mother doesnt mind some staring;)

but seriously, mothers could be discrete about it. i think a cover or blaket would help

tocool340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#93 tocool340
Member since 2004 • 21652 Posts
I don't see what the problem is. As long as she can tolerate a lot of stares, she can do as she like. I don't see a whole lot of difference watching a cat in the alley breast feeding her kids vs. a woman doing so on a park bench.....
BuryMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 BuryMe

[QUOTE="BuryMe"]

Palantas

That's what I said to this mom at the zoo when she objected to my "Born to F***" tattoo. F***in' prude b****. Told her to take her little s***heads to go watch the monkeys play with themselves.

Swearing aside, it's the same thing with public breast exposure.

f you don't like it, or it makes you feel uncomfortable, too bad, You are free to look the other way

MissLibrarian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 MissLibrarian
Member since 2008 • 9589 Posts

There are discreet ways to go about this, like at home or in the library.DigitalExile

Excuse me? :P

Actually my library is a designated breastfeeding centre in the county, by law any mothers are allowed to use our facilities to breastfeed their children, and if some jackass wants to complain about it then I chuck him out.

All of you people likening feeding a hungry baby to going to the toilet are all a bunch of narrow-minded, uneducated asses quite frankly.

If you are REALLY offended by a mother feeding her child, go see a f****** psychiatrist, because you obviously have a f***ed up view on life and sexuality.

_R34LiTY_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 _R34LiTY_
Member since 2008 • 3331 Posts

If that scientific research about how "staring at breast will help you live longer life" has any truth to it, then all women should be obliged to start flossing them things out, esp when breast feeding

Ontain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#97 Ontain
Member since 2005 • 25501 Posts
it's natural and perfectly fine. most women who do so in public do it discretely so i don't see the problem.
bloodling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 bloodling
Member since 2006 • 5822 Posts

If you are REALLY offended by a mother feeding her child, go see a f****** psychiatrist, because you obviously have a f***ed up view on life and sexuality.

MissLibrarian

But, as we have said before, breasts are sexual toys... Sure, not being tolerant enough is close-minded, but isn't being too tolerant just as bad?

Personally, I don't mind, I would just look the other way, but I can understand how it makes some people unconfortable, and for good reasons.

wretch0101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 wretch0101
Member since 2011 • 129 Posts

What would you think if you saw a man breast feeding a child?

worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 worlock77
Member since 2009 • 22552 Posts

What would you think if you saw a man breast feeding a child?

wretch0101

I'd think that he was daft. I'd wonder if he maybe had some mental issue.