Breaking Bad or The Walking Dead?

• 93 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by idunnodude (2281 posts) -

hey im looking for a new show to get into. my favourite show is game of thrones, and i just finished watching the second season. such an awesome show. i was wondering what other shows that are kinda like game of thrones. mostly ppl said nothing else is like it, it's kinda on a league of its own. so i thought i would try another show. lots of people say that these 2 shows, The Walking Dead and Breaking Bad are the best shows on television. what do you guys think? i was never really into the whole zombie thing, but everyone and their mom seem to be watching this walking dead show. and also the game had received so much praise and won GOTY at the VGA. which one do you guys recommend? 

#2 Posted by blue_hazy_basic (27385 posts) -
I've never seen Breaking Bad, but I've watched all but the latest episode of Walking Dead. So I'm going to say Breaking Bad without question.
#3 Posted by LeBump (88 posts) -

There both really good drames yet different. I personally perfer the walking dead a "tiny" bit more. There both amazingly good shows though.

#4 Posted by -Renegade (8340 posts) -
I've never really seen breaking bad but I just started watching the walking dead and it is average at best.
#5 Posted by k2theswiss (16599 posts) -

ooo hard one... i gotta give it to breaking bad.

both are great and YOU SHOULD watch both. My mother dislikes that stuff BUT she tunes in on sunday to watch it. I even got her play the walking dead game lol and she don't even play video games

#6 Posted by EmpCom (3451 posts) -
Why dont you watch both and make your own mind up
#7 Posted by sammyjenkis898 (28039 posts) -
Breaking Bad. The Walking Dead is not among the best shows on television.
#8 Posted by SirWander (5176 posts) -

Breaking Bad, definitely.

#9 Posted by Zombiekiller360 (369 posts) -

Walking dead 

#10 Posted by Amster_G (4289 posts) -

Why dont you watch both and make your own mind upEmpCom

This.

They're two completely different shows. Watch the pilot episode of both shows and decide which you want to follow.

#11 Posted by MacBoomStick (1948 posts) -

[QUOTE="EmpCom"]Why dont you watch both and make your own mind upAmster_G

This.

They're two completely different shows. Watch the pilot episode of both shows and decide which you want to follow.

Yeah but the pilot episode of The Walking Dead is fantastic, the rest of the series is just good. The pilot episode of Breaking Bad is fantastic too followed by a fantastic series.
#12 Posted by RedEyedMonster8 (1160 posts) -

[QUOTE="Amster_G"]

[QUOTE="EmpCom"]Why dont you watch both and make your own mind upMacBoomStick

This.

Yeah but the pilot episode of The Walking Dead is fantastic, the rest of the series is just good. The pilot episode of Breaking Bad is fantastic too followed by a fantastic series.

I dunno the new season of The Walking Dead is pretty fantastic. Not better than the pilot, but better than anything from the show so far.

#13 Posted by JML897 (33120 posts) -
This isn't even close.
#14 Posted by koospetoors (3244 posts) -
Breaking Bad gets better and better as it progresses, Walking Dead is pretty inconsistent though; good first season, terrible second season, fantastic third season (so far). Breaking Bad gets my vote.
#15 Posted by comp_atkins (31269 posts) -
they're both great but bb is spectacular
#16 Posted by signzoe (50 posts) -

Damn i thought this zombie fad would have pass a long time ago :?

#17 Posted by aaronmullan (33400 posts) -
Breaking Bad. It's not even close.
#18 Posted by AFBrat77 (24079 posts) -

Breaking Bad is the best show on TV.....so that

#19 Posted by idunnodude (2281 posts) -

cool, breaking bad it is i guess. yeah i never got the whole zombie fascination either, but i guess it's better to watch both and decide for myself like you guys have suggested. ill start with breaking bad. gonna need some good shows to keep my occupied until game of thrones season 3. and i usually wait till they finish the season so i can watch it all in one go, so it's gonna be a while. seriously that show is just fantastic. anyway, thanks for the input guys.

#20 Posted by pspdseagle (3307 posts) -
walking dead
#21 Posted by CommanderShiro (21746 posts) -

Breaking Bad by a landslide.

#22 Posted by tryagainlater (7445 posts) -

Breaking Bad is a much better show but I'm enjoying The Walking Dead a bit more because I watch it with someone who really likes it. Both are worth a watch anyway.

#23 Posted by Sajo7 (14049 posts) -
I watch Breaking Bad because it is a fantastic show, I watch the Walking Dead because I have a problem.
#24 Posted by hoola (6422 posts) -

The Walking dead is very good.  I suggest you watch that.  

#25 Posted by Utensilman (1452 posts) -
if i had to pick one of the two, i'd go with Game of Thrones
#26 Posted by Jazz_Fan (29516 posts) -

Breaking Bad is the greatest thing ever; Walking Dead goes south after the pilot.

#27 Posted by DharmaMember77 (2377 posts) -

Breaking Bad. The Walking Dead is not among the best shows on television. sammyjenkis898

#28 Posted by Swanogt19 (24159 posts) -
Breaking Bad
#30 Posted by KHAndAnime (13445 posts) -

There's no comparison. Breaking Bad is marvelously written, well paced, and well acted. The Walking Dead is none of the three.

#31 Posted by harry_james_pot (10578 posts) -
The Walking Dead is good, but Breaking Bad is awesome!
#32 Posted by Boston_Boyy (3914 posts) -

Breaking Bad easily.  I enjoy The Walking Dead but let's not kid ourselves, the writing, acting, and pacing of plot are by and large medicore while Brekaing Bad excells in all 3 of those areas.  The Walking Dead is a fine show but let's not confuse ourselves here, it's a show about zombies.  Breaking Bad on the other hand uses Walt's meth cooking career as a backdrop to what the show actually tends to focus on.  To put it another way, a lot would be lost if The Walking Dead was forced to cut out scenes depicting scenes involving zombie killing, Breaking Bad would lose very little if they were forced to do the same with scenes depicting the cooking of meth.

#33 Posted by stanleycup98 (6144 posts) -
I love them both. They are my two favorite shows after Game of Thrones. If I really have to pick one, I'd say Breaking Bad is better. It starts a bit slow, but once it picks up (near the end of the first season), it is consistently good. I can't think of a single bad episode after season 1. The acting and the writing is phenomenal. On the other hand, The Walking Dead is a bit inconsistent. It starts off great, stays great, slows down a bit, gets good again, slows down a bit, and gets good again. I honestly didn't really like season 2 of TWD, but it's still a good show. The writing isn't the best, some of the acting is suspect, and some bits are just drawn out for no reason. I'd say watch them both. Watch BB first though.
#34 Posted by Nibroc420 (13567 posts) -
You cant make me choose
#35 Posted by Decko5 (9420 posts) -
Breaking Bad has a faster pace IMO. So, if that's what you're into.....
#36 Posted by Scissorman88 (173 posts) -

I've never seen any of the shows

#37 Posted by redstorm72 (4525 posts) -

I prefer The Walking Dead. While I like Breaking Bad, I don't think it is the "jesus of T.V. shows" like most people seem to.

#38 Posted by THGarrett (2574 posts) -

Breaking Bad by a mile.  

#39 Posted by iloverikku11 (11039 posts) -

I watch Breaking Bad because it is a fantastic show, I watch the Walking Dead because I have a problem.Sajo7

THat is a fantastic way of putting it.

#40 Posted by Planeforger (15535 posts) -
The Walking Dead had a weak first season, supposedly a much worse second season, and is only starting to get good again in the third. Meanwhile, Breaking Bad started great and is even better now. It's easily one of the best TV shows of all time, and I'd argue that it might be -the- best. So yeah, very easy win for Breaking Bad.
#41 Posted by Badosh (12727 posts) -
Breaking Bad, easily. The best show ever.
#42 Posted by Planeforger (15535 posts) -

I love them both. They are my two favorite shows after Game of Thrones. stanleycup98

Honestly, I enjoy Game of Thrones...but that show wastes so much time on completely pointless characters and extremely minor plot arcs.

For example, Season Two would've been a hundred times more enjoyable had they completely ditched Jon Snow and Daenerys from the show (or at least hand-waved their stories in about 20 minutes). I get that they're important later on, but for now...the show wastes hours only to achieve minor things like 'Daenerys gets a boat' or 'Jon Snow continues to be a complete idiot', which is completely tangential to the core plot of the show.

Breaking Bad feels much better plotted, to be quite honest.

#43 Posted by jg4xchamp (47383 posts) -
Breaking Bad by far and away.
#44 Posted by SPYDER0416 (16736 posts) -

Easily Breaking Bad.

The Walking Dead is pretty good, but it's a rollercoaster when it comes to quality. Season 2 was so mind numbingly boring I feel bad for anyone sitting through it to catch up to the stellar Season 3.

Breaking Bad has never had a bad season, or even a bad episode for that matter.

#45 Posted by michael_1234576 (8620 posts) -
Breaking Bad is my favorite show.
#46 Posted by CrimzonTide (12187 posts) -
The Walking Dead is a passably decent television show, Breaking Bad (specifically seasons 3 through 5) is one of the greatest shows ever. Not even close, Breaking Bad all the way.
#47 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) -
The Walking Dead is a good show, but Breaking Bad is a great show. There really is no contest here. Breaking Bad is what you want to watch next.
#48 Posted by TheFallenDemon (13932 posts) -

Watch Breaking Bad.

If you really want to get into the Walking Dead, I'd recommend the original comic series instead. It's more consistent with its quality and pacing.

#49 Posted by lightleggy (15909 posts) -
[QUOTE="koospetoors"]Breaking Bad gets better and better as it progresses, Walking Dead is pretty inconsistent though; good first season, terrible second season, fantastic third season (so far). Breaking Bad gets my vote.

TBH BB season 3 was pretty average at best, I almost lost hope, if the 4th season wouldn't have been amazing... TWD is below average in quality, it's just that the mass public is always going to love things about zombies and such... A lot of people dont have the brain to watch a show like breaking bad, it feels boring for them because they dont hand over the plot on a silver plate in 1 episode. I mean i've literally met like 15 people who told me they dont want to watch BB because they say its a boring ass show with a bald protagonist, and they have not even watched 1 episode of it.
#50 Posted by lightleggy (15909 posts) -

Easily Breaking Bad.

The Walking Dead is pretty good, but it's a rollercoaster when it comes to quality. Season 2 was so mind numbingly boring I feel bad for anyone sitting through it to catch up to the stellar Season 3.

Breaking Bad has never had a bad season, or even a bad episode for that matter.

SPYDER0416
"Fly" was by far, the worst episode.