Boom boom boom thump boom boom boom

This topic is locked from further discussion.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1 br0kenrabbit
Member since 2004 • 17854 Posts

Why do people blast bass so loud that it completely drowns out the mid and high range? This completely ruins the music. I don't get it.

The point of high-end audio equipment for me has always been to reproduce the live sound, not to exaggerate certain frequencies at the expense of others.

When the EQ looks like â–€ â–€ â–„ â–„ â–„ it sounds like complete shit.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2  Edited By deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
Member since 2005 • 7914 Posts

A Mili never sounds good on my speaker and I've tried that EQ configuration

s_h_a_d_o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By s_h_a_d_o
Member since 2004 • 1317 Posts

@br0kenrabbit said:

Why do people blast bass so loud that it completely drowns out the mid and high range? This completely ruins the music. I don't get it.

The point of high-end audio equipment for me has always been to reproduce the live sound, not to exaggerate certain frequencies at the expense of others.

When the EQ looks like â–€ â–€ â–„ â–„ â–„ it sounds like complete shit.

Although I somewhat agree, ultimately settings are going to be dependent upon the format, style and veracity of the source audio.

There's something to be said for a bass-line so deep-seated, it's tones are not only heard, but felt... Uncle Bill puts it best, to my way of thinking...

"Bill Lee: Did I ever tell you about the man who taught his asshole to talk? His whole abdomen would move up and down you dig, farting out the words. It was unlike anything I had ever heard. This asshole talk had sort of a gut frequency. It hit you right down there like you gotta go. You know when the old colon gives you the elbow and it feels sorta cold inside, and you know all you have to do is turn loose? Well this talking hit you right down there, a bubbly, thick stagnant sound, a sound you could smell."

~ William S. Burroughs, Naked Lunch.

cain006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#4  Edited By cain006
Member since 2008 • 8625 Posts

I don't get why people do it in a car and it has awful speakers. I lived in the city for a while so I heard this pretty much every day. You can hear that the speakers can't reproduce the sound well at that volume, so why the hell do you have it turned up so loud? To annoy strangers?

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#5 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

Teens tend to enjoy it.

Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6  Edited By Fightingfan
Member since 2010 • 38011 Posts

I don't get it either.

I have two 12" subs in my car, and I put em in the negatives and it's still overpowering. Personally prefer highs; I simply have it because back in high school my mother gave it to me for free.

THE_DRUGGIE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 140

#7 THE_DRUGGIE
Member since 2006 • 25107 Posts

My car doesn't have a CD player.

WhiteKnight77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#8 WhiteKnight77
Member since 2003 • 12605 Posts

I want to know why they keep doing it when you hear the car rattling all over the place, especially older cars. The braces for the deck lid are vibrating against the outer sheet metal. It's a miracle that the car hasn't fallen apart.

Personally, I like to hear all the music. I tend to put the high end all the way up and the lose end most of the way up and the mids at least half way up. There are so many different tones in music and the mids should be rich and full while the highs should be crisp and clear. Some people, for some idiotic reason want it one way or the other and want others to hear their stupid decisions as it relates to how they listen to it no matter where they are at.

Netret0120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9  Edited By Netret0120
Member since 2013 • 3594 Posts

To look cool for their Girlfriends and make you look.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#10 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

boom the base

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points