Bomb attack in Saudi Arabia

• 58 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Gwynnblade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Gwynnblade
Member since 2015 • 931 Posts

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-32843510

Even though people died and got injured, I couldn't help but let out the ''Alhamdulillah'' on this news. Now Saudi Arabia will know the monster it has bred. But since its a Shia Mosque, I doubt they'll even be remotely 'against' it.

My heart goes out to the families of the deceased.

Avatar image for MakeMeaSammitch
MakeMeaSammitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 MakeMeaSammitch
Member since 2012 • 4889 Posts

Glad I don't live in the middle east.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56091 Posts

My Condolences to the lost.

Stesilaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Stesilaus
Member since 2007 • 4999 Posts

Given that it was directed at a Shia mosque, the attack hardly qualifies as a case of well-deserved "blowback".

It's more likely that it marks the commencement of a campaign of ethnic cleansing against Saudi Arabia's Shia minority. The Saudi authorities will, of course, condemn the attacks, while secretly conniving at them (or even abetting them).

Gwynnblade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Gwynnblade

@Stesilaus said:

Given that it was directed at a Shia mosque, the attack hardly qualifies as a case of well-deserved "blowback".

It's more likely that it marks the commencement of a campaign of ethnic cleansing against Saudi Arabia's Shia minority. The Saudi authorities will, of course, condemn the attacks, while secretly conniving at them (or even abetting them).

Exactly, that's the impression I got. I can already feel all the closet anti-Shia Saudis grinning behind the curtain.

gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 gamerguru100
Member since 2009 • 12718 Posts

@MakeMeaSammitch said:

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

@gamerguru100 said:
@MakeMeaSammitch said:

Or parts of Africa and SouthAsia that are just as bad. Basically anywhere with a high muslim population.

alim298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 alim298
Member since 2012 • 2747 Posts

Yeah well the Saudis have been ranting about exterminating the Shias since they started their murder spree in Yemen. It was a matter of time before the brainwashed people started doing what they do.

I listened to what one of these Saudi officials had to say regarding Yemen just a few days after they started their operation. It was in Arabic but with an ascent that I could fortunately understand.

Funny thing he said was how Saladin "murdered Shias" when he conquered Egypt. It was so funny. Who is he to say who Saladin was and what he did? You Arabs didn't even know his name just until some years ago how dare you claim he did such thing? You don't know him so you better shut up.

The other funny thing that the Saudis have been propagating for years now is that the "Zaidi" Shias have turned "Twelver" in order to attack the Houthis and the Yemenis and weaken Yemen, a Shia stronghold. They've been propagating the myth that Zaidis have some sort of behind the scenes relations with Iran and have become twelevers themselves in the process. Do they even know what a Zaidi is? Do they know that it was the Zaidis who first gave the twlevers the name Rafidi? And how exactly have they turned twelvers now? Do they insult the Sahabah now or disregard the Sahih books or do tatbir or do Taqiyya? The Zaidis in fact now, are more Zaidi than ever.

But what the Saudis want is to see every other sect except Wahhabism exterminated. Yemen, a Shia stronghold, ever since the Najdis came to power has seen a decline in the Shia population. If that’s not fitnah I don’t know what is.

Gwynnblade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Gwynnblade

@alim298 said:

Yeah well the Saudis have been ranting about exterminating the Shias since they started their murder spree in Yemen. It was a matter of time before the brainwashed people started doing what they do.

I listened to what one of these Saudi officials had to say regarding Yemen just a few days after they started their operation. It was in Arabic but with an ascent that I could fortunately understand.

Funny thing he said was how Saladin "murdered Shias" when he conquered Egypt. It was so funny. Who is he to say who Saladin was and what he did? You Arabs didn't even know his name just until some years ago how dare you claim he did such thing? You don't know him so you better shut up.

The other funny thing that the Saudis have been propagating for years now is that the "Zaidi" Shias have turned "Twelver" in order to attack the Houthis and the Yemenis and weaken Yemen, a Shia stronghold. They've been propagating the myth that Zaidis have some sort of behind the scenes relations with Iran and have become twelevers themselves in the process. Do they even know what a Zaidi is? Do they know that it was the Zaidis who first gave the twlevers the name Rafidi? And how exactly have they turned twelvers now? Do they insult the Sahabah now or disregard the Sahih books or do tatbir or do Taqiyya? The Zaidis in fact now, are more Zaidi than ever.

But what the Saudis want is to see every other sect except Wahhabism exterminated. Yemen, a Shia stronghold, ever since the Najdis came to power has seen a decline in the Shia population. If that’s not fitnah I don’t know what is.

God damn that Saudi official. "Murdered Shias" when he conquered Egypt? dafuq?!

Yeah, totally. If he killed the Shias in Egypt then the Shias in Damascus, Hurb, Jerusalem and the 'closet' Shias in Acre were not Shias, totes.

I really hate how discredited Zaidis are today. Zaidis were the founders of Morocco and how many of them are there today? they don't even form the point zeros of the population. As much I hate sectarianism, what I hate more is the damage control Saudi is trying to do. What they're trying to 'insinuate' or in fact, 'implying' is that, a religion 1400 years old have only been realized a century ago and even the ones who founded it did it wrong............

This is fitnah, indeed.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#10 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

The Wahhabist monster finally rears it's ugly head on home soil.

woomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

#11 woomar
Member since 2008 • 172 Posts

@gwynnblade said:

Even though people died and got injured, I couldn't help but let out the ''Alhamdulillah'' on this news. Now Saudi Arabia will know the monster it has bred. But since its a Shia Mosque, I doubt they'll even be remotely 'against' it.

So you "Thank God" for this news and then you said "My heart goes out to the .... " , you are happy or what about this "bombing" news ?

Gwynnblade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Gwynnblade

@woomar said:
@gwynnblade said:

So you "Thank God" for this news and then you said "My heart goes out to the .... " , you are happy or what about this "bombing" news ?

Both. I'm ambivalent.

woomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 woomar

@gwynnblade said:
@woomar said:
@gwynnblade said:

Both. I'm ambivalent.

"Both" .... hmm , look I am not saying you shouldn't since you are free to think whatever you want but , remember that people died in that bombing , their life were ended not by their call or terms , their lives were simply stolen , robbed , taken away ... whatever you may call it , and worst of all they were just civilians , harmless civilians .

About the Sheia thing , The Sunni actually lives with Sheia with no problem , when on the other hand Sheia wants the Sunni people to become one of them , they like to "spread" be bigger , larger . I don't know why this problem surfaced especially in the worst time the Arabs are facing , the future of us is unknown .

Gwynnblade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Gwynnblade

@woomar said:
@gwynnblade said:
@woomar said:

Both. I'm ambivalent.

"Both" .... hmm , look I am not saying you shouldn't since you are free to think whatever you want but , remember that people died in that bombing , their life were ended not by their call or terms , their lives were simply stolen , robbed , taken away ... whatever you may call it , and worst of all they were just civilians , harmless civilians .

About the Sheia thing , The Sunni actually lives with Sheia with no problem , when on the other hand Sheia wants the Sunni people to become one of them , they like to "spread" be bigger , larger . I don't know why this problem surfaced especially in the worst time the Arabs are facing , the future of us is unknown .

I do feel sad for them. The only thing that makes me 'happy' about this is that Saudia is finally facing the cancer it created.

Do you live in Saudi Arabia? I'd like to hear more about the Sunni-Shia dilemma over there.

woomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 woomar

@gwynnblade said:

I do feel sad for them. The only thing that makes me 'happy' about this is that Saudia is finally facing the cancer it created.

Do you live in Saudi Arabia? I'd like to hear more about the Sunni-Shia dilemma over there.

Saudi Arabia didn't create any cancer in my opinion , their were just acting based on analysis of the current situation before its too late , Yemen is a mess after Ali Abdullah Saleh left , he works as a gang boss now , I mean if you are not the president anymore , just leave it don't make it worse than it already is.

I don't live in Saudi Arabia , I live in Jordan (to the north of Saudi Arabia) fortunately there isn't any Sunni Sheia problems here since about 97 percent of Muslims here are Sunni.

To any Non-Muslim reading this , Sunni and Sheia are not separate , both are Muslims just a few misunderstandings here and there.

Gwynnblade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Gwynnblade

@woomar said:
@gwynnblade said:

Saudi Arabia didn't create any cancer in my opinion , their were just acting based on analysis of the current situation before its too late , Yemen is a mess after Ali Abdullah Saleh left , he works as a gang boss now , I mean if you are not the president anymore , just leave it don't make it worse than it already is.

I don't live in Saudi Arabia , I live in Jordan (to the north of Saudi Arabia) fortunately there isn't any Sunni Sheia problems here since about 97 percent of Muslims here are Sunni.

To any Non-Muslim reading this , Sunni and Sheia are not separate , both are Muslims just a few misunderstandings here and there.

That 'cancer' we're talking about is ''wahabism''.

I couldn't care much about the Yemen matter. Everyone has his own opinion on that. Arguing over that is as futile as its unnecessary.

Fair enough to the other points. But I wanted you to explain how Shias are preaching their beliefs? isn't 'preaching' the fundamental right of all Muslims? Sunnis have been doing that too. Unless they're forcing you into submission, I can't see what's wrong.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

@woomar:"To any Non-Muslim reading this , Sunni and Sheia are not separate , both are Muslims just a few misunderstandings here and there."

We know, or at least I know, pretty much like Catholics, Huguenots, Calvinists, Lutherans, Anglicans, just a few small misunderstandings here and there, small enough to cause massacres like St Bartholomew´s day massacre. Not attacking Muslims here, just pointing out that both sects are equally barbaric to each other, it just depends on which one is the most numerous population, 400 years ago it was Christian´s turn, now it´s the muslims turn.

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

@gwynnblade said:
@Stesilaus said:

Exactly, that's the impression I got. I can already feel all the closet anti-Shia Saudis grinning behind the curtain.

Its probably going to get worse, Saudi Arabia has been actively SUPPORTING Sunni jihadists in Syria.. Furthermore US's deal with Iran has rankled Sunni's all across the Middle East.

woomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 woomar

@gwynnblade said:
@woomar said:
@gwynnblade said:

I couldn't care much about the Yemen matter. Everyone has his own opinion on that. Arguing over that is as futile as its unnecessary.

Fair enough to the other points. But I wanted you to explain how Shias are preaching their beliefs? isn't 'preaching' the fundamental right of all Muslims? Sunnis have been doing that too. Unless they're forcing you into submission, I can't see what's wrong.

To be honest i didn't know till this moment that there is a Wahabism issue in Saudi Arabia , I am not going to discuss it since i don't have enough info and knowledge on this matter.

About Sheia , my problem with them is that some of them (if not more) say things about Abu Bakar and Omar that is just wrong (I respect Ali by the way he is very well known for his wisdom , but that doesn't mean he should be the next "khalifa" after the Prophet), I don't know what you mean by 'preaching' , if you mean lecture others and give advice (as the translator suggests for this word) , then this is not exclusive to Muslims all people should do it , if you mean wanting people to join them by misleading , then no this not the right of Muslims , who told you that is mistaken big time , at least in my opinion , you may say while you are reading "oh look he is Sunni so it makes sense for him to defend them" , but at least I doubt anyone could come up with something wrong in the Sunni beliefs , if you have any feel free to mention them.

To anyone from Sheia "group" reading this you are free to think whatever you want (but don't mislead others) , I am just expressing my opinion.

woomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By woomar

@raugutcon said:

@woomar:"To any Non-Muslim reading this , Sunni and Sheia are not separate , both are Muslims just a few misunderstandings here and there."

We know, or at least I know, pretty much like Catholics, Huguenots, Calvinists, Lutherans, Anglicans, just a few small misunderstandings here and there, small enough to cause massacres like St Bartholomew´s day massacre. Not attacking Muslims here, just pointing out that both sects are equally barbaric to each other, it just depends on which one is the most numerous population, 400 years ago it was Christian´s turn, now it´s the muslims turn.

No disrespect mate , but I just want to point that all Muslims around the world have one Quran it cannot be different , not a word not even a letter , once again I didn't mean to disrespect but I just wanted to make sure everyone knows this before making false assumptions .

MakeMeaSammitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 MakeMeaSammitch

@gwynnblade said:
@woomar said:
@gwynnblade said:

Both. I'm ambivalent.

the ****?

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23032 Posts

@MakeMeaSammitch said:
@gwynnblade said:
@woomar said:
@gwynnblade said:

Both. I'm ambivalent.

the ****?

I'm guessing he actually means, "Conflicted" rather than "Ambivalent." That would make perfect sense in the context in which he's using it.

thebest31406

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 thebest31406
Member since 2004 • 3775 Posts

So the chickens have finally come home...

Btw; Kudos to the Mods for finally deciding to lock those "religion of peace" threads.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cf3bfcedc29b
deactivated-5cf3bfcedc29b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 deactivated-5cf3bfcedc29b
Member since 2014 • 776 Posts

I feel sorry for religous people.

Gwynnblade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Gwynnblade

@mattbbpl: Thanks for the clarification, I'm not really good with semantics.

@woomar said:
@gwynnblade said:

To be honest i didn't know till this moment that there is a Wahabism issue in Saudi Arabia , I am not going to discuss it since i don't have enough info and knowledge on this matter.

About Sheia , my problem with them is that some of them (if not more) say things about Abu Bakar and Omar that is just wrong (I respect Ali by the way he is very well known for his wisdom , but that doesn't mean he should be the next "khalifa" after the Prophet), I don't know what you mean by 'preaching' , if you mean lecture others and give advice (as the translator suggests for this word) , then this is not exclusive to Muslims all people should do it , if you mean wanting people to join them by misleading , then no this not the right of Muslims , who told you that is mistaken big time , at least in my opinion , you may say while you are reading "oh look he is Sunni so it makes sense for him to defend them" , but at least I doubt anyone could come up with something wrong in the Sunni beliefs , if you have any feel free to mention them.

To anyone from Sheia "group" reading this you are free to think whatever you want (but don't mislead others) , I am just expressing my opinion.

I get your point. Yes, preaching is the fundamental right of everyone. As for the Sahaba slandering matter, I'd say we shouldn't bother much about it. Shia consider Sunnis 'non Muslims' and Sunnis consider Shias to be 'non Muslim'. And even with those 'assumptions', peace can come about if we listen to what the Quran has to say about the treatment of non Muslims. And I expect that you would at least know that.

Anyways, I'm anti-sect. I don't want to disobey 13 verses of the Quran simultaneously by associating myself with ANY sect. Even if I am following one sect, I still won't identify myself through that. Actually, I have my differences with all the sects in existence and the common difference is : Sectarianism is forbidden and even if you think you're 'right' in doing that, you're not right.

@twizded said:

I feel sorry for religous people.

And they probably feel sorry for you.

@thebest31406 said:

So the chickens have finally come home...

Btw; Kudos to the Mods for finally deciding to lock those "religion of peace" threads.

Yeah, big kudos to the mods! they added nothing but fuel the already flaming populace of OT.

alim298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By alim298

@woomar said:

@woomar said:

fortunately there isn't any Sunni Sheia problems here since about 97 percent of Muslims here are Sunni.

@woomar said:

You do realize your posts are full of double standards right?

Sunnis actually live with the Shias but it's the Shias that are the problem? I mean seriously dude do you even read the news? And Shias shouldn't promote their sect because Arabs are facing problems that Arabs created for themselves by themselves because of their lack of commitment to Islam and having greater zeal for their race instead?

And yes you're right. "Iranians were just acting based on analysis of the situation in Syria before it was too late. Syria became a mess when people called for Assad to step down. I mean if you don't want him to be the president at least don't start supporting "moderate" rebels who turn out to be the ISIS and the jabhat al-Nusrah. Don't make it any worse." Said no Arab ever.

Good point. Shias are the minority in pretty much every Muslim country except Iran and Bahrain. I'm not surprised that they want to "spread." (If that’s true at all.)

Another good point. You are showing us how the Arab rulers have been brainwashing the Arab population in recent years and have been spreading myths against Shias. Considering that the Shias in question (the Zaidis) believe in the first four caliphs, you may want to look for other defects in them to justify the bigoted stance of the Arabs against them.

And to be honest Sunnis have been way more active than Shias in "misleading" people considering that there are MANY madrasas in the west that are funded by the Saudis themselves and many of the "Jihadis" appear from these madrasas and mosques.

And there are MANY things wrong with Sunni beliefs just like there are many things wrong with Shia beliefs and Sufi beliefs. Every sect is a sect. It's happy with what it's got and refuses to accept the complete religion that is free of innovations: Islam based on fitrah.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23032 Posts

@gwynnblade said:

@mattbbpl: Thanks for the clarification, I'm not really good with semantics.

No worries. I get the feeling that English isn't your primary language. It's perfectly understandable. I'm just trying to help you out.

Gwynnblade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Gwynnblade

@mattbbpl: and I really appreciate that. Nice to see someone who can correct people without being a dick.

alim298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By alim298

@gwynnblade said:

Yeah, totally. If he killed the Shias in Egypt then the Shias in Damascus, Hurb, Jerusalem and the 'closet' Shias in Acre were not Shias, totes.

I really hate how discredited Zaidis are today. Zaidis were the founders of Morocco and how many of them are there today? they don't even form the point zeros of the population. As much I hate sectarianism, what I hate more is the damage control Saudi is trying to do. What they're trying to 'insinuate' or in fact, 'implying' is that, a religion 1400 years old have only been realized a century ago and even the ones who founded it did it wrong............

This is fitnah, indeed.

Agreed.

I'm not a sectarian myself but sometimes it's really clear that some sects are better than the rest and some are worse than the rest. For instance Ash'aris are somewhat superior to many schools of thought. Same is with the Zaidis. They are the best Shias imo. They are pretty much Sunnis except that they believe in Imamah and believe that Ali is superior to the rest of the Sahabah.

But apparently all those great people knew nothing and we should listen to these kharijites instead. I for one refuse to do that.

Gwynnblade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Gwynnblade

@alim298 said:
@gwynnblade said:

This is fitnah, indeed.

Agreed.

I'm not a sectarian myself but sometimes it's really clear that some sects are better than the rest and some are worse than the rest. For instance Ash'aris are somewhat superior to many schools of thought. Same is with the Zaidis. They are the best Shias imo. They are pretty much Sunnis except that they believe in Imamah and believe that Ali is superior to the rest of the Sahabah.

But apparently all those great people knew nothing and we should listen to these kharijites instead. I for one refuse to do that.

Remember the Hadith that "You will repeat what the people of the book did"? I can't exactly recall from which book this hadith comes from but its on point. Last Ramadan, while reading Surah-al-Baqarah, I noticed how similar the Muslims today are to the Bani Israel. We're like, identical. They too left out part of their books and chose the others, we are doing the same. They too disbelieved after everything that was given to them, we are doing the same. They too sold off their faith for 'petty prices', we are doing the same. Sometimes, its the 'fitnah' that brings me closer to this faith than the 'good' that surrounds me.

Also, I've been very curious about your views on Islam when you say "Islam based on fitrah". I can get an image of what you're trying to say but I really want to hear the whole rationale behind it. I can make a guess that there's not a single practice in Islam that has any disadvantage to the human body, mind, existence survival and so on, so maybe that's why it's the religion of the 'fitrah'. But still I want to hear the whole reasoning behind it.

alim298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By alim298

@gwynnblade said:

Remember the Hadith that "You will repeat what the people of the book did"? I can't exactly recall from which book this hadith comes from but its on point. Last Ramadan, while reading Surah-al-Baqarah, I noticed how similar the Muslims today are to the Bani Israel. We're like, identical. They too left out part of their books and chose the others, we are doing the same. They too disbelieved after everything that was given to them, we are doing the same. They too sold off their faith for 'petty prices', we are doing the same. Sometimes, its the 'fitnah' that brings me closer to this faith than the 'good' that surrounds me.

Also, I've been very curious about your views on Islam when you say "Islam based on fitrah". I can get an image of what you're trying to say but I really want to hear the whole rationale behind it. I can make a guess that there's not a single practice in Islam that has any disadvantage to the human body, mind, existence survival and so on, so maybe that's why it's the religion of the 'fitrah'. But still I want to hear the whole reasoning behind it.

Yep. But I somehow believe that Muslims will be saved unlike Jews and Christians. I don't know why but maybe because we have strong-willed scholars who have been employing everything in their power to fight these abominations. Only thing is that their voices is not often heard because of the greater influence that "kings" have over their people compared to "Scholars." Scholars are very important to me. Without them we wouldn't know anything about Islam by now. But the culture of Muslims today is worshiping the kings. They are no longer slaves of God rather they are slaves of kings. If you are a slave of God then you are free of all else.

To tell you the truth, I don't think I've understood what "Islam based on fitrah" really means myself. Obviously what I'm saying is inspired by the Quranic verse in Surah-al-Rum where God gives his Prophet some hints regarding what the steadiest religion is. A religion that can't be shaken by anything. A firm religion. So what is that? How can someone NEVER give up on God? The answer that I've come up with so far is that it's a religion where you act according to fitrah not "self" (nafs). But the interesting thing is that it appears that fitrah isn't something that is entirely "you." I don't want to say it's part God itself because that feels kind of weird to me. But I want to say that it's something completely divine. In the sense that it does not change like nafs does, and doesn't shake either. When a man commits a sin it comes from his nafs for his nafs can change but his fitrah can't. Fitrah is like a rope that connects you to God and it's even more than that. It's like the ultimate thing that remains of you and so it appears that it's part of God himself. A good Sufi analogy is that man is a drop and God is the sea. The sea without a drop isn't missing anything and isn't anything "less" because it's infinite. But a drop without sea is merely a drop. But when the drop "reaches" the sea it becomes the sea itself even though it's just a drop. But not everyone can claim that they have reached the sea because being part of the sea means that "one time you are static the other time you are wave." You are bound by what the sea orders. When you as a drop reach the sea you need to be "selfless." In other words you need to be "all fitrah." You need to accept the truth that your destination is such and nothing else. And that "All things are from God." And that whatever good reaches you it's "from God" and whatever evil reaches you it's "from yourself." Always blame yourself not God. That’s the way of a true lover.

In other words when you achieve a state of complete submission to God, and that's only achievable by "killing yourself" and putting yourself aside, then nothing in this world or the next will be able to harm you and your belief in God.

alim298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 alim298

@gwynnblade: There is a famous dua by Ali in this regard. It's less famous than dua Kumayl but I believe it's even more amazing. This is a mind-blowing part of that duah:

إِلَهِي هَبْ لِي كَمَالَ الانْقِطَاعِ إِلَيْكَ

وَ أَنِرْ أَبْصَارَ قُلُوبِنَا بِضِيَاءِ نَظَرِهَا إِلَيْكَ

حَتَّى تَخْرِقَ أَبْصَارُ الْقُلُوبِ حُجُبَ النُّورِ

فَتَصِلَ إِلَى مَعْدِنِ الْعَظَمَةِ

وَ تَصِيرَ أَرْوَاحُنَا مُعَلَّقَةً بِعِزِّ قُدْسِكَ

O my God, (please) grant me absolute devotion to You

And illuminate the sights of our hearts with the light of observing of You

So that the sights of the hearts will penetrate the Hijabs of Light

And arrive at the Core of Magnificence,

And that our souls hang to the majesty of Your Holiness.

Gwynnblade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Gwynnblade

@alim298 said:

Yep. But I somehow believe that Muslims will be saved unlike Jews and Christians. I don't know why but maybe because we have strong-willed scholars who have been employing everything in their power to fight these abominations. Only thing is that their voices is not often heard because of the greater influence that "kings" have over their people compared to "Scholars." Scholars are very important to me. Without them we wouldn't know anything about Islam by now. But the culture of Muslims today is worshiping the kings. They are no longer slaves of God rather they are slaves of kings. If you are a slave of God then you are free of all else.

To tell you the truth, I don't think I've understood what "Islam based on fitrah" really means myself. Obviously what I'm saying is inspired by the Quranic verse in Surah-al-Rum where God gives his Prophet some hints regarding what the steadiest religion is. A religion that can't be shaken by anything. A firm religion. So what is that? How can someone NEVER give up on God? The answer that I've come up with so far is that it's a religion where you act according to fitrah not "self" (nafs). But the interesting thing is that it appears that fitrah isn't something that is entirely "you." I don't want to say it's part God itself because that feels kind of weird to me. But I want to say that it's something completely divine. In the sense that it does not change like nafs does, and doesn't shake either. When a man commits a sin it comes from his nafs for his nafs can change but his fitrah can't. Fitrah is like a rope that connects you to God and it's even more than that. It's like the ultimate thing that remains of you and so it appears that it's part of God himself. A good Sufi analogy is that man is a drop and God is the sea. The sea without a drop isn't missing anything and isn't anything "less" because it's infinite. But a drop without sea is merely a drop. But when the drop "reaches" the sea it becomes the sea itself even though it's just a drop. But not everyone can claim that they have reached the sea because being part of the sea means that "one time you are static the other time you are wave." You are bound by what the sea orders. When you as a drop reach the sea you need to be "selfless." In other words you need to be "all fitrah." You need to accept the truth that your destination is such and nothing else. And that "All things are from God." And that whatever good reaches you it's "from God" and whatever evil reaches you it's "from yourself." Always blame yourself not God. That’s the way of a true lover.

In other words when you achieve a state of complete submission to God, and that's only achievable by "killing yourself" and putting yourself aside, then nothing in this world or the next will be able to harm you and your belief in God.

Well, we are the last ones anyway. Being saved is the only way for us.

I think what you've written up there, might be one of the best things I've ever read. Especially the Sufi analogy part. That cleared up everything. Can you recommend me some Sufi books on this topic?

The last line can trigger some really bad insinuations though....just saying.

@alim298 said:

@gwynnblade: There is a famous dua by Ali in this regard. It's less famous than dua Kumayl but I believe it's even more amazing. This is a mind-blowing part of that duah:

إِلَهِي هَبْ لِي كَمَالَ الانْقِطَاعِ إِلَيْكَ

وَ أَنِرْ أَبْصَارَ قُلُوبِنَا بِضِيَاءِ نَظَرِهَا إِلَيْكَ

حَتَّى تَخْرِقَ أَبْصَارُ الْقُلُوبِ حُجُبَ النُّورِ

فَتَصِلَ إِلَى مَعْدِنِ الْعَظَمَةِ

وَ تَصِيرَ أَرْوَاحُنَا مُعَلَّقَةً بِعِزِّ قُدْسِكَ

O my God, (please) grant me absolute devotion to You

And illuminate the sights of our hearts with the light of observing of You

So that the sights of the hearts will penetrate the Hijabs of Light

And arrive at the Core of Magnificence,

And that our souls hang to the majesty of Your Holiness.

JazakAllah brother!

woomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 woomar

@alim298 said:
@woomar said:

@woomar said:

fortunately there isn't any Sunni Sheia problems here since about 97 percent of Muslims here are Sunni.

@woomar said:

You do realize your posts are full of double standards right?

Sunnis actually live with the Shias but it's the Shias that are the problem? I mean seriously dude do you even read the news? And Shias shouldn't promote their sect because Arabs are facing problems that Arabs created for themselves by themselves because of their lack of commitment to Islam and having greater zeal for their race instead?

And yes you're right. "Iranians were just acting based on analysis of the situation in Syria before it was too late. Syria became a mess when people called for Assad to step down. I mean if you don't want him to be the president at least don't start supporting "moderate" rebels who turn out to be the ISIS and the jabhat al-Nusrah. Don't make it any worse." Said no Arab ever.

Good point. Shias are the minority in pretty much every Muslim country except Iran and Bahrain. I'm not surprised that they want to "spread." (If that’s true at all.)

Another good point. You are showing us how the Arab rulers have been brainwashing the Arab population in recent years and have been spreading myths against Shias. Considering that the Shias in question (the Zaidis) believe in the first four caliphs, you may want to look for other defects in them to justify the bigoted stance of the Arabs against them.

And to be honest Sunnis have been way more active than Shias in "misleading" people considering that there are MANY madrasas in the west that are funded by the Saudis themselves and many of the "Jihadis" appear from these madrasas and mosques.

And there are MANY things wrong with Sunni beliefs just like there are many things wrong with Shia beliefs and Sufi beliefs. Every sect is a sect. It's happy with what it's got and refuses to accept the complete religion that is free of innovations: Islam based on fitrah.

What double standards have you noticed ?

I am going to talk about somethings that you mentioned :

-Shia is the problem : I never said that , I said that (I myself) have a problem with few of (or more) of the Shia because of their theories , I'll give you an example , Aren't many of the Shia consider "Abu Lo'loa Al Majosi" as a hero ? and he killed a man that had a huge role in making Islam what it is today (BTW ,just to clarify : any religion in the world doesn't depend on one man only , but it's a work of us all) .However these day with whats happening in Yemen , ask any guy who has an insight on the situation about his opinion on this matter , I doubt any one would say that things were completely normal , it was a mess with guns and tanks and heavy machinery , what is this ? is that how you want to "preach" as you call it ? with an ak-47 on your shoulder riding a tank ? seriously , is that a religion of peace ?

-Arab rulers brainwashing arab population : do you really think , these days with the revolution of communication and Internet people still get brainwashed when it to these kind of things ? these days the regular citizen knows as much as if not more of what the government knows , that is why the whole what they call Arab spring happened , and in my opinion the biggest source of misleading and brainwashing (as you like to call it) is the media , especially the news websites , which could be ran by anyone that may have an interest in the whole political thing or not.

-"Sunnis have been way more active than Shias in "misleading" people" : really , at least the Sunni people try to make people who are NOT Muslims into Muslims , not by sabotaging other Muslim country (which they are already Muslims!) and make a mess , a bloody mess.

----------------------------------------------

As for Iran fighting against ISIS , makes sense , they are trying to defend themselves but , mark my words in the future they will try to take hold of Iraqi cities and may even take the whole country and make it ... Emperor of Iran , who knows what is coming for us .

And once again I have a problems with a few of Shia , yes but that doesn't mean I will be happy to hear that some of them died or stuff like that , no not at all , I just want the Arab world even the whole world , to think a little further , not making the problems bigger try to leave it behind , and focus on building a better generation , a better future.

-God-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 -God-
Member since 2004 • 3627 Posts

muslims gonna muslim

Buckhannah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Buckhannah
Member since 2013 • 715 Posts

Just another day in the middle east.

alim298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 alim298

@woomar:

Okay then bro. There's no point for me to argue against zeal as we all know how bad that is.

alim298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By alim298

@gwynnblade:

Thanks and you're welcome.

The best Sufi book out there in my opinion is Mantiq-al-tayr by Attar. It's a really concise book but from the very beginning to the very end it is amazing.

Another book by the same author is Tazkirat-al-Awliya. It's like a biography of some of the famous Tabiun. Here's one of the quotes of Jafar al-Sadiq mentioned in that book:

Whoever fights alongside the self for the sake of self will reach karamat. And whoever fights with the self for the sake of God will reach God.

Remember that duah I posted: "So that the sights of the hearts will penetrate the Hijabs of Light." Karamat are some of the hijabs of light. A self that is full of karamat is a hijab of light. Unless you kill it (that means to part with it and not feel so attached to it) you won't reach God.

What's so great about Attar is that unlike many other Sufis, he had little unorthodox views. He was a very devout Muslim indeed.

Gwynnblade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Gwynnblade

@alim298 said:

@gwynnblade:

Thanks and you're welcome.

The best Sufi book out there in my opinion is Mantiq-al-tayr by Attar. It's a really concise book but from the very beginning to the very end it is amazing.

Another book by the same author is Tazkirat-al-Awliya. It's like a biography of some of the famous Tabiun. Here's one of the quotes of Jafar al-Sadiq mentioned in that book:

Whoever fights alongside the self for the sake of self will reach karamat. And whoever fights with the self for the sake of God will reach God.

Remember that duah I posted: "So that the sights of the hearts will penetrate the Hijabs of Light." Karamat are some of the hijabs of light. A self that is full of karamat is a hijab of light. Unless you kill it (that means to part with it and not feel so attached to it) you won't reach God.

What's so great about Attar is that unlike many other Sufis, he had little unorthodox views. He was a very devout Muslim indeed.

Thanks for the recommendations. Have you read Allama Iqbal's poetry?

I paired the Sufi analogy you quoted in your earlier posts with Iqbal's poetry and I'm dazzled at how perfectly it makes sense. Iqbal has also written poetry in Persian, so maybe you should read his poetry. In fact, YOU MUST. My belief of "my ego is my God" comes from his poetry. Just read the second stanza from this poem :

http://iqbalurdu.blogspot.com.tr/2011/04/bal-e-jibril-053-kirad-mandon-se-kya.html

alim298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By alim298

@gwynnblade said:

Thanks for the recommendations. Have you read Allama Iqbal's poetry?

I paired the Sufi analogy you quoted in your earlier posts with Iqbal's poetry and I'm dazzled at how perfectly it makes sense. Iqbal has also written poetry in Persian, so maybe you should read his poetry. In fact, YOU MUST. My belief of "my ego is my God" comes from his poetry. Just read the second stanza from this poem :

http://iqbalurdu.blogspot.com.tr/2011/04/bal-e-jibril-053-kirad-mandon-se-kya.html

No problem.

That's an amazing poem and I'm sure I've heard a similar expression somewhere... Maybe in Mantiq-al-tayr itself...

I'll definitely start reading his poetry. I'm familiar with his style but it's good to try to grasp his entire Persian poems now. I already know a website that has all his Persian poems in it.

But what does "my ego is my God" mean?

Gwynnblade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Gwynnblade

@alim298 said:

No problem.

That's an amazing poem and I'm sure I've heard a similar expression somewhere... Maybe in Mantiq-al-tayr itself...

I'll definitely start reading his poetry. I'm familiar with his style but it's good to try to grasp his entire Persian poems now. I already know a website that has all his Persian poems in it.

But what does "my ego is my God" mean?

Read more of Iqbal and you will probably understand it. It might insinuate solipsism but its different from that. I can explain it but it'll make more sense once you read "Baang-e-daraa'' book by Iqbal.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#42 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts

I wonder how the Saudi government intends to respond beyond words.

themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 themajormayor
Member since 2011 • 25729 Posts

@MakeMeaSammitch said:

You shouldn't be. They have some of the best countries in the world. In all likelihood better than the country you live in.

themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By themajormayor
Member since 2011 • 25729 Posts

"From the moment a Kuwaiti child is born, they have a golden spoon in their mouths regardless of what their parent's socioeconomic status. The government of Kuwait provides free health care for life and free education, from elementary school all the way to college, for all Kuwaiti Citizens. Families also receive a monthly social allowance, which is based upon the number of children there are in the family. So, having more children is not a burden, but rather a viable way to receive more money. Each Kuwaiti child receives approximately $275 a month, every month, until they turn 18. The allowance is not a welfare system, as even children from wealthy Kuwaiti families receive it. Rather it is a way for the government of Kuwait to extend a helping hand to its own people. And as if all of those benefits of being a Kuwaiti were not enough, citizens also get a lump sum of cash in the amount of $12,000 when they get married and a free house is thrown in too!"

Thank god I don't live in that hell hole!

MakeMeaSammitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 MakeMeaSammitch

@themajormayor said:
@MakeMeaSammitch said:

You shouldn't be. They have some of the best countries in the world. In all likelihood better than the country you live in.

troll

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 GazaAli
Member since 2007 • 25216 Posts

@themajormayor said:

"From the moment a Kuwaiti child is born, they have a golden spoon in their mouths regardless of what their parent's socioeconomic status. The government of Kuwait provides free health care for life and free education, from elementary school all the way to college, for all Kuwaiti Citizens. Families also receive a monthly social allowance, which is based upon the number of children there are in the family. So, having more children is not a burden, but rather a viable way to receive more money. Each Kuwaiti child receives approximately $275 a month, every month, until they turn 18. The allowance is not a welfare system, as even children from wealthy Kuwaiti families receive it. Rather it is a way for the government of Kuwait to extend a helping hand to its own people. And as if all of those benefits of being a Kuwaiti were not enough, citizens also get a lump sum of cash in the amount of $12,000 when they get married and a free house is thrown in too!"

Thank god I don't live in that hell hole!

Do they have clothing-optional college classes? Can they strip naked in class and explore their sexuality with their professor? No? GTFO

fize4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By fize4ever
Member since 2009 • 1652 Posts

Ahhh... I think a lot of people don't know how Saudis feel.

This news is bad for us all, since those people were innocent and their lives were taken without any remorse. This doesn't represent any good human being, or a Muslim, for that matter. Real Muslims stand up for this sectarian bullshit that tears our regions apart. Yes, I definitely disagree with Shia, and sometimes they'll say hateful things about the prophet's companions and wives, but they are still my brothers and I want to discuss this in a civilized manner for us to hopefully reconcile.

The people responsible for this bombing attack are also linked to the people who tried to assassinate our Crown Prince, as well as many law enforcement heroes, so rest assured that nobody likes them nor condone what they do.

Most Saudis grieve because of this incident, and if it's not for the lives taken, it would at least be because of the lost chance of reconcilement.

Really don't get why some people paint us as monsters.. but this is OT, people don't care about what others think and feel. They only care about how they can further their opinions (which is usually to bash Muslims/religion).

Hell, I'm betting that this post will fall on deaf ears, and people will just continue to try and further their opinions on Saudis/Muslims/Religion/Middle East/etc

alim298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By alim298

@fize4ever said:

This news is bad for us all, since those people were innocent and their lives were taken without any remorse. This doesn't represent any good human being, or a Muslim, for that matter. Real Muslims stand up for this sectarian bullshit that tears our regions apart. Yes, I definitely disagree with Shia, and sometimes they'll say hateful things about the prophet's companions and wives, but they are still my brothers and I want to discuss this in a civilized manner for us to hopefully reconcile.

The people responsible for this bombing attack are also linked to the people who tried to assassinate our Crown Prince, as well as many law enforcement heroes, so rest assured that nobody likes them nor condone what they do.

Most Saudis grieve because of this incident, and if it's not for the lives taken, it would at least be because of the lost chance of reconcilement.

Really don't get why some people paint us as monsters.. but this is OT, people don't care about what others think and feel. They only care about how they can further their opinions (which is usually to bash Muslims/religion).

Hell, I'm betting that this post will fall on deaf ears, and people will just continue to try and further their opinions on Saudis/Muslims/Religion/Middle East/etc

Then enlighten us. What is this guy talking about?

Loading Video...

If this is not monster then I don't know what is.

fize4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 fize4ever
Member since 2009 • 1652 Posts

@alim298 said:
@fize4ever said:

Then enlighten us. What is this guy talking about?

Loading Video...

If this is not monster then I don't know what is.

Ehhhh? Maybe read the comments before posting this? 10 seconds and I can clearly tell that this voice isn't Al-Sudais. :/

alim298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 alim298
@fize4ever said:

Ehhhh? Maybe read the comments before posting this? 10 seconds and I can clearly tell that this voice isn't Al-Sudais. :/

I can't read the comments. (They're blocked by my IP provider)

So you're saying this is fake? Weird because it went rampant when operation decisive storm began...

Are you referring to the accent though? Yeah it definitely sounds Iraqi to me and that's why I was able to understand it better than usual.