Boko Haram (Islamist group) kills 59 children in Nigeria

• 61 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 0

#1 vfibsux
Member since 2003 • 4497 Posts

Story here.

Where is the outrage? Or is it all reserved for U.S. drone strike mishaps?

whipassmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#2 whipassmt
Member since 2007 • 15375 Posts

I was about to post a similar article in one of my threads (the thread about the 7 Egyptian workers killed in Benghazi). According to the article I just linked the local Archbishop believes that Boko Haram may have sympathizers/informants inside the Nigerian security forces. Also the article starts out: "Residents of a town in North East Nigeria claim security forces withdrew from 2 local checkpoints shortly before an attack by Islamic militants on a boarding school.". That makes things even more troubling?

Has the state department labeled Boko Haram an international terrorist organization yet?

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

Few people care about Africa.

THUMPTABLE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4  Edited By THUMPTABLE
Member since 2003 • 2357 Posts

@Master_Live said:

Nobody cares about Africa.

Does that include you?

RadecSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#5 RadecSupreme
Member since 2009 • 4824 Posts

Disgusting. I had read about this group and surprised as to why they are not in the process of being liquidated.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

@THUMPTABLE said:

@Master_Live said:

Nobody cares about Africa.

Does that include you?

You quote me before I could edit. I'm in this camp:

Loading Video...

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

religoin of peace.

Avatar image for MakeMeaSammitch
MakeMeaSammitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 MakeMeaSammitch
Member since 2012 • 4889 Posts

where are the apologists to defend this?

BossPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By BossPerson
Member since 2011 • 9177 Posts

Could it be.... OP??? Kra--

hippiesanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 hippiesanta
Member since 2005 • 10301 Posts

people in palestine could be dancing when hear this sad news

Avatar image for LostProphetFLCL
LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 LostProphetFLCL
Member since 2006 • 18526 Posts

Islam once again making the world a better place....

This group better be wiped out quickly. Fucking God damn animals....

one_plum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By one_plum
Member since 2009 • 6822 Posts

@BossPerson: ychik

IronBeaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 IronBeaver
Member since 2009 • 1986 Posts

ITT: We call for ethnic cleansing because of a few radical Muslims.

Hey, lets get rid of Christians too. Have you seen what the LRA is doing?
See? See what I did there? It's called sweeping generalizations. It makes you look bad, and you should feel bad.

hippiesanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14 hippiesanta
Member since 2005 • 10301 Posts

@IronBeaver said:

See? See what I did there? It's called sweeping generalizations. It makes you look bad, and you should feel bad.

????

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#15 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

Murder is fine as long as you can justify it with religion.

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16  Edited By theone86
Member since 2003 • 22669 Posts

@LostProphetFLCL said:

Mmmmmm...can you taste that? It's irony, yummy!

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38677 Posts

people only get outraged over stuff they think they can fix easily. some parts of africa are such a mess that all you get is a "meh, it's africa. it's fucked up there"

vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By vfibsux

@IronBeaver said:

Who said anything about ethnic cleansing? He spouted off the religion of peace but then said take out the group that did this, not take out all muslims. But of course.....instead of expressing outrage at this act you try and manipulate someone's words because they were not nice enough to Islam for you. Typical GS-OT.

@theone86 said:

@LostProphetFLCL said:

So which part do you not agree with? Is this an example of Islam making the world a better place? Would the world be a better place if we wiped Boko Haram off the map? Are they not animals? Which part here is ironic to you? Are you against wiping out terrorist groups who massacre children due to their religion? Would the fact we want to take these bastards out make us animals? Please explain. Or were you just being internet cool guy without an ounce of thought?

@comp_atkins said:

people only get outraged over stuff they think they can fix easily. some parts of africa are such a mess that all you get is a "meh, it's africa. it's fucked up there"

No, people on GS-OT get outraged when they can bash the United States for something. If this were a "drone" strike that took out 10 al qaeda members but also killed let's say 3 civilians....people here would be all over how "evil" we are with our drones flying all over dropping bombs on kids blah blah blah blah blah. I guarantee this thread would be 4 pages by now full of it. An Islamic terrorist group intentionally murders 59 kids...."oh look, there's Africa being Africa. hey where can I find a U.S. hate thread around here?".

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 dave123321
Member since 2003 • 35553 Posts

Do you actually care about the kids or is it mainly about turning them into a prop to make a point?

one_plum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By one_plum

@dave123321 said:

Do you actually care about the kids or is it mainly about turning them into a prop to make a point?

I wager TC wouldn't make a thread if it was a US drone attack killing civilians.

dominer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 dominer
Member since 2005 • 3316 Posts

Islam blows. Nothing against the non-violent, non-hateful people that follow it, but the religion is just terrible.

vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By vfibsux

@dave123321 said:

I absolutely care and I have devoted my professional career to fighting such groups, so excuse me if I take a few minutes off to point out the hypocrisy that infests this message board. A group like this seeks out and kills 59 children and few bother to bat an eye, the U.S. kills one child in a drone strike due to an accident and omg the evil imperial bastards let's bash them for the next 4 pages!

These are exactly the people we set to take out in our strikes, yet when given a choice of the two to call out.......down with America.

@one_plum said:

@dave123321 said:

I wager TC wouldn't make a thread if it was a US drone attack killing civilians.

No I would not start the thread, but you can bet your ass I would be in there pointing out the hypocrisy.

one_plum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 one_plum

@vfibsux: It's not anyone's fault that people put the US on a pedestal. Terrorists killing people is no surprise to anyone, doesn't mean people condone it. Terrorists have no credibility whatsoever, the US certainly does. Really, I don't know how you cannot understand that.

IronBeaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 IronBeaver
Member since 2009 • 1986 Posts

@vfibsux said:

@IronBeaver said:

Who said anything about ethnic cleansing? He spouted off the religion of peace but then said take out the group that did this, not take out all muslims. But of course.....instead of expressing outrage at this act you try and manipulate someone's words because they were not nice enough to Islam for you. Typical GS-OT.

@theone86 said:

@LostProphetFLCL said:

So which part do you not agree with? Is this an example of Islam making the world a better place? Would the world be a better place if we wiped Boko Haram off the map? Are they not animals? Which part here is ironic to you? Are you against wiping out terrorist groups who massacre children due to their religion? Would the fact we want to take these bastards out make us animals? Please explain. Or were you just being internet cool guy without an ounce of thought?

@comp_atkins said:

No, people on GS-OT get outraged when they can bash the United States for something. If this were a "drone" strike that took out 10 al qaeda members but also killed let's say 3 civilians....people here would be all over how "evil" we are with our drones flying all over dropping bombs on kids blah blah blah blah blah. I guarantee this thread would be 4 pages by now full of it. An Islamic terrorist group intentionally murders 59 kids...."oh look, there's Africa being Africa. hey where can I find a U.S. hate thread around here?".

Oh damn. I actually did read LostProphetFLCL's post incorrectly. My apologies.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 comp_atkins

@vfibsux said:

@IronBeaver said:

@theone86 said:

@LostProphetFLCL said:

@comp_atkins said:

why don't you stir up some internet outrage over it then?

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#27  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44557 Posts

Bad shit happening in Africa, it is just expected which is why it's not really news, like expecting sexual stuff to happen in a whorehouse.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#28 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19543 Posts

It seems to me you only created this thread for point-scoring purposes... What these savages did against Nigerian kids is sickening, but that doesn't suddenly make the US drone strikes against Pakistani & Afghan kids any less sickening. Both are reprehensible actions which deserve to be condemned.

LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By LostProphetFLCL

@IronBeaver said:

You are forgiven sir! :P

Am curious though as to how that other user found my post ironic...

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Jag85

@LostProphetFLCL said:

@IronBeaver said:

To be honest, I also misread your post incorrectly at first... It almost sounded like you were calling for genocide at first glance, but then I noticed the "This group" part.

LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 LostProphetFLCL

@Jag85 said:

@LostProphetFLCL said:

@IronBeaver said:

To be honest, I also misread your post incorrectly at first... It almost sounded like you were calling for genocide at first glance, but then I noticed the "This group" part.

I can understand that mistake. Not dumb enough to call for genocide or anything like that. There are plenty of Muslims out there who aren't running around murdering people after all. Do wish said people would take control of their religion....

Even the psychotic Christians we have here in the States that I rant about pretty regularly on here are at least avoiding KILLING people because of their beliefs. They just stick with trying to take away peoples rights....

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Jag85

@LostProphetFLCL said:

@Jag85 said:

@LostProphetFLCL said:

@IronBeaver said:

I can understand that mistake. Not dumb enough to call for genocide or anything like that. There are plenty of Muslims out there who aren't running around murdering people after all. Do wish said people would take control of their religion....

Even the psychotic Christians we have here in the States that I rant about pretty regularly on here are at least avoiding KILLING people because of their beliefs. They just stick with trying to take away peoples rights....

That's easy to say living in a first-world country, but it's a completely different ball-park in the third-world. The Christians in third-world countries like Nigeria are just as crazy as the Muslims there. Sectarian violence is a common issue across the third world, regardless of what religion you belong to, because of the widespread poverty.

vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 vfibsux

@Jag85 said:

It seems to me you only created this thread for point-scoring purposes... What these savages did against Nigerian kids is sickening, but that doesn't suddenly make the US drone strikes against Pakistani & Afghan kids any less sickening. Both are reprehensible actions which deserve to be condemned.

I do not hide my purposes for creating this thread, I clearly stated them.

First of all the United States does not target children, any time a civilian is killed it is 100% an accident or negligence, either of which can end the entire crew's career. The purpose of these strikes is to stop groups like Boko Haram from doing what they do. You cannot see the hypocrisy here? We are trying to stop groups that would murder 59 children, and sometimes accidents happen and innocent people die in the process. Yet people like you would still equivocate the two, and will always be more vocal against one vs. the other, in this case U.S. drone strikes.

The fact is there is a ton of misinformation out there about U.S. drone strikes, this is due to the extremists successful PR campaigns which they have duped people like you with. They have actually killed civilians themselves and set it up to look like a drone strike because people like you will be a lemming and jump right on it for them.

@one_plum said:

@vfibsux: It's not anyone's fault that people put the US on a pedestal. Terrorists killing people is no surprise to anyone, doesn't mean people condone it. Terrorists have no credibility whatsoever, the US certainly does. Really, I don't know how you cannot understand that.

Do we now? So then why is it when we tell you as a fact we go out of our way 500000000% to avoid civilian casualties you do not believe us? We do not strike civilians, and those who make these mistakes are removed from the crews, career over. Like I said above, you have all fallen victim to extremists propaganda, they wage information warfare very well.

vl4d_l3nin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#34  Edited By vl4d_l3nin
Member since 2013 • 3700 Posts

No, we didn't hear about this because they didn't kill Americans.

duh.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By comp_atkins

@Jag85 said:

@LostProphetFLCL said:

@Jag85 said:

@LostProphetFLCL said:

@IronBeaver said:

That's easy to say living in a first-world country, but it's a completely different ball-park in the third-world. The Christians in third-world countries like Nigeria are just as crazy as the Muslims there. Sectarian violence is a common issue across the third world, regardless of what religion you belong to, because of the widespread poverty.

yup. living in a shithole creates animals of all people, regardless of religion

http://world.time.com/2014/02/20/central-african-republic-muslims-ethnic-cleansing/

themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 themajormayor
Member since 2011 • 25729 Posts

Africa is such a sh*tty continent

vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By vfibsux

@vl4d_l3nin said:

No, we didn't hear about this because they didn't kill Americans.

duh.

I cannot completely disagree, but different topic entirely. If this happened in a white western culture, not just the U.S., it would have been more of a story in general.

As for people singling out Africa as a crap place and this is expected.....this can happen anywhere there is Muslim extremism. This is what they do. Do you really think they would not do this in America or Britain if they were able?

whipassmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#38 whipassmt
Member since 2007 • 15375 Posts

At least it looks like the Nigerian Senate is reacting:

"attempting to give a sign of commitment to the general public, the Nigerian Senate has ordered army chief of staff Major General Kenneth Minimah, to move his office temporarily to Maiduguri, capital of Borno state, one of the three states with Yobe and Adamawa where a state of emergency was imposed in May 2013 to facilitate the task of the armed forces to hunt down Boko Haram.The Nigerian Senate has also charged Major General Minimah to tighten security measures in schools in areas of Boko Haram violence, which has caused thousands to flee to neighbouring Niger, where the situation is very precarious. (Agenzia Fides 27/2/2014)"

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Jag85

@vfibsux said:

@Jag85 said:

First of all the United States does not target children, any time a civilian is killed it is 100% an accident or negligence, either of which can end the entire crew's career. The purpose of these strikes is to stop groups like Boko Haram from doing what they do. You cannot see the hypocrisy here? We are trying to stop groups that would murder 59 children, and sometimes accidents happen and innocent people die in the process. Yet people like you would still equivocate the two, and will always be more vocal against one vs. the other, in this case U.S. drone strikes.

The fact is there is a ton of misinformation out there about U.S. drone strikes, this is due to the extremists successful PR campaigns which they have duped people like you with. They have actually killed civilians themselves and set it up to look like a drone strike because people like you will be a lemming and jump right on it for them.

The US drone strikes have routinely been directly targeting brown teenage boys. There is no "accident or negligence" about it, but any Afghan/Pakistani/Yemeni teenager who looks "suspicious" is fair game to be on the receiving end of a drone strike, no different to how Boko Haram views "suspicious" looking (i.e. pro-Western) teenage boys as fair game, or how Anders Breivik viewed "suspicious" looking (i.e. pro-Islamic) teenagers as fair game. If the purpose of these drone strikes is to "stop" groups like Boko Haram, then all you've done is create more groups like them. Don't you see any hypocrisy in your government's actions? But you're right about one thing: the two cannot be equivocated... the US has mass-murdered far more children, exponentially more, than any ragtag group has ever done. That's pretty much all the "PR" you'll ever need to get millions around the world, from all nations, to hate on the poor ol' big USA.

Avatar image for deactivated-63dfa0b8f0214
deactivated-63dfa0b8f0214

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 deactivated-63dfa0b8f0214
Member since 2003 • 378 Posts

@Gaming-Planet said:

Or racial purity. Or some philosophical ideal. Or some perceived insult.

There are many reasons why mass murder occurs.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Jag85

@lumzi32 said:

@Gaming-Planet said:

Also, nationalism. That's usually the biggest motivator behind mass-murder.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By deactivated-63dfa0b8f0214

@Jag85 said:

@LostProphetFLCL said:

@Jag85 said:

@LostProphetFLCL said:

@IronBeaver said:

I wouldn't say Christians are just as crazy as Muslims in Nigeria. I maybe biased as a (mostly) Christian Nigerian, but I am unaware of any Christian Terrorist groups in Nigeria. Certainly not ones that do such horrible things as this. There are still Muslim-Christian riots but as far as I know, those only happen in the mostly Muslim North these days and not the mostly Christian South. Sharia law (cutting of hands for stealing etc.) is an entirely northern phenomena.

Just as crazy? I don't think so.

I probably sound like a douche, but it is mildly bugging to say that all parts of the country do the same thing.

Avatar image for always_explicit
always_explicit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#43  Edited By always_explicit
Member since 2007 • 3379 Posts

59??? Did one get away?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 deactivated-63dfa0b8f0214

@Jag85 said:

@lumzi32 said:

@Gaming-Planet said:

Also, nationalism. That's usually the biggest motivator behind mass-murder.

Point is, there are many reasons.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#45  Edited By indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

Blood Diamond movie showed how dangerous Africa can be :(

vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 vfibsux

@Jag85 said:

@vfibsux said:

@Jag85 said:

The US drone strikes have routinely been directly targeting brown teenage boys. There is no "accident or negligence" about it, but any Afghan/Pakistani/Yemeni teenager who looks "suspicious" is fair game to be on the receiving end of a drone strike, no different to how Boko Haram views "suspicious" looking (i.e. pro-Western) teenage boys as fair game, or how Anders Breivik viewed "suspicious" looking (i.e. pro-Islamic) teenagers as fair game. If the purpose of these drone strikes is to "stop" groups like Boko Haram, then all you've done is create more groups like them. Don't you see any hypocrisy in your government's actions? But you're right about one thing: the two cannot be equivocated... the US has mass-murdered far more children, exponentially more, than any ragtag group has ever done. That's pretty much all the "PR" you'll ever need to get millions around the world, from all nations, to hate on the poor ol' big USA.

Absurd on every level. If the U.S. targeted people based on looks we would be carpet bombing the entire middle east right now, use some freaking common sense. And saying the U.S. has mass murdered more children than extremist islam has is further proof just what an ignorant you really are. The fact is you don't know crap about our targeting methods, and you shouldn't. We watch people for months at times prior to targeting them for a strike, and it involves tons of intelligence methods, none of which have anything to do with what color skin you have.

But thank you for proving my point, you show much more outrage and pure hatred just at the thought of America than you ever will these savages that intentionally seek out and murder Christian children.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Jag85
@lumzi32 said:

I wouldn't say Christians are just as crazy as Muslims in Nigeria. I maybe biased as a (mostly) Christian Nigerian, but I am unaware of any Christian Terrorist groups in Nigeria. Certainly not ones that do such horrible things as this. There are still Muslim-Christian riots but as far as I know, those only happen in the mostly Muslim North these days and not the mostly Christian South. Sharia law (cutting of hands for stealing etc.) is an entirely northern phenomena.

I probably sound like a douche, but it is mildly bugging to say that all parts of the country do the same thing.

There was the Yelwa massacre a decade ago, where an armed Christian group killed about 700 Muslims in a northern Nigerian village. And now in the Central African Republic, we're starting to see Christian militia groups on an ethnic cleansing campaign against Muslim communities.

Anyway, the point isn't about which religious group is crazier than the other, but that it's the poverty and harsh conditions that often leads to this. Last I checked, northern Nigeria is a lot more poverty-stricken than southern Nigeria. It's often the poorer regions that are more susceptible to violence and insurgencies.

@vfibsux said:

Absurd on every level. If the U.S. targeted people based on looks we would be carpet bombing the entire middle east right now, use some freaking common sense. And saying the U.S. has mass murdered more children than extremist islam has is further proof just what an ignorant you really are. The fact is you don't know crap about our targeting methods, and you shouldn't. We watch people for months at times prior to targeting them for a strike, and it involves tons of intelligence methods, none of which have anything to do with what color skin you have.

But thank you for proving my point, you show much more outrage and pure hatred just at the thought of America than you ever will these savages that intentionally seek out and murder Christian children.

If there's anything absurd, it's your failed analogy. No army or government would be stupid enough to "carpet bomb" the entire "middle east". Also, you need to brush up on your geography, because Pakistan and Afghanistan are not the Middle East... You might want to use some of that "freaking common sense" you're referring to.

And who exactly is this "extremist islam"? Is that an organized government? Does it have a professional army? Yet another absurd analogy. But sure, even if you added up all of those little ragtag groups together, the death toll still wouldn't come anywhere near how many children America has killed.

Anyway, it seems like you're no longer denying the fact that hundreds of teenagers have indeed been targeted by drone strikes... Does that mean you finally admit it now?

vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By vfibsux

@Jag85 said:

@lumzi32 said:

@Jag85 said:

@LostProphetFLCL said:

@Jag85 said:

@LostProphetFLCL said:

@IronBeaver said:

There was the Yelwa massacre a decade ago, where an armed Christian group killed about 700 Muslims in a northern Nigerian village. And now in the Central African Republic, we're starting to see Christian militia groups on an ethnic cleansing campaign against Muslim communities.

Anyway, the point isn't about which religious group is crazier than the other, but that it's the poverty and harsh conditions that often leads to this. Last I checked, northern Nigeria is a lot more poverty-stricken than southern Nigeria. It's often the poorer regions that are more susceptible to violence and insurgencies.

Goodbye credibility. Saying the "Yelwa Massacre" was simply an armed Christian group slaughtering 700 Muslims is so intellectually dishonest it is pathetic. Seriously, when you cannot even bother to tell the whole story but pick out the parts that speak to your agenda what the hell man. Tell the entire story, that was a Muslim vs. Christian conflict that included many dead on BOTH sides. You make it sound as though some Christians rolled up into a Muslim village on a Saturday out of the blue and murdered 700 Muslims. The whole story please.....

And do not confuse this with me defending any actions on any side, the entire thing was ridiculous on both sides. That fact is anyone trying to paint any other religion as even close to Islam for producing mass violence in the modern world is absurd.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Jag85
@vfibsux said:

@Jag85 said:

Goodbye credibility. Saying the "Yelwa Massacre" was simply an armed Christian group slaughtering 700 Muslims is so intellectually dishonest it is pathetic. Seriously, when you cannot even bother to tell the whole story but pick out the parts that speak to your agenda what the hell man. Tell the entire story, that was a Muslim vs. Christian conflict that included many dead on BOTH sides. You make it sound as though some Christians rolled up into a Muslim village on a Saturday out of the blue and murdered 700 Muslims. The whole story please.....

And do not confuse this with me defending any actions on any side, the entire thing was ridiculous on both sides. That fact is anyone trying to paint any other religion as even close to Islam for producing mass violence in the modern world is absurd.

Your reading comprehension is terrible beyond belief... Nowhere did I say it was only Christians killing Muslims. He said he was not aware of any similar acts by Christians in his country, so I pointed him to an example where a Christian group did something worse. All you're trying to do is make an excuse for why that Christian group massacred 700 Muslims. You're the one trying to suggest one religious group is better than the other, not me.

My point is the role that poverty and harsh conditions play in leading to violence and fanaticism, something that's probably way too complicated for your simple mind to comprehend. But if there is any ideology that has produced far more mass violence in the modern world than all religions combined, that would be nationalism, i.e. your favourite doctrine.

thebest31406

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By thebest31406
Member since 2004 • 3775 Posts

No, it's called 'taking responsibility for your own actions'