Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

User Lists: 0

#151  Edited By Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19493 Posts

@hillelslovak said:

No policy, no actual social change.

That's where you're wrong. The goal of BlackLivesMatter is to protest against the systemic racism prevalent throughout the US criminal justice system.

Every movement has its angry hotheads and crazies who lose sight of what the movement is about. There's nothing wrong with BLM's goal. The problem is the lack of clear leadership, like a Martin Luther King or a Malcolm X, to keep their supporters in line.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#152 N64DD
Member since 2015 • 13167 Posts

@Jag85 said:
@n64dd said:

They didn't use a drone. They used a bomb disarming robot and it saved a lot of lives. You people are out of hand.

They used a machine to kill someone... which is exactly what a drone strike does. You can twist it however you want, but it's the same bloody thing.

This is a dangerous precedent for things to come... Don't be surprised when police use more drones/robots/machines to kill people on US soil.

If they use a bomb robot to kill somebody sniping cops to stop the threat, i'm all for it.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178831 Posts

@Jag85 said:
@n64dd said:

They didn't use a drone. They used a bomb disarming robot and it saved a lot of lives. You people are out of hand.

They used a machine to kill someone... which is exactly what a drone strike does. You can twist it however you want, but it's the same bloody thing.

This is a dangerous precedent for things to come... Don't be surprised when police use more drones/robots/machines to kill people on US soil.

Guns are machines....

redrichard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154 redrichard
Member since 2015 • 203 Posts

@hillelslovak said:
@skipper847 said:

I am from UK and in one of my local city center there where a protest Black lives matter. If that was the other way round and me just saying white lives matter too I would be classed as racist.

I'm white, and I walked by a BLM protest in Seattle. I wasn't talking to anybody. I had headphones on, and was just listening to music. A black girl ripped off my headphones out of nowhere, and like 6-7 dudes swarmed, to protect her. They told me to go back into the caves white people belong in, and that my life was not worth anything because I was white. I took a skeptical view on BLM for the most part, but I am fervently against them now, racist scumbags. They threatened me with violence while I was attempting to walk away, and they were cheered by maybe 40 people. Their fascism isnt even hiding behind a smile anymore.

Good story will read again someday.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 82

#155 deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
Member since 2005 • 12935 Posts

@Jag85 said:
@hillelslovak said:

No policy, no actual social change.

That's where you're wrong. The goal of BlackLivesMatter is to protest against the systemic racism prevalent throughout the US criminal justice system.

Every movement has its angry hotheads and crazies who lose sight of what the movement is about. There's nothing wrong with BLM's goal. The problem is the lack of clear leadership, like a Martin Luther King or a Malcolm X, to keep their supporters in line.

Shaun King, Deray Mckesson, and the rest of the de facto leadership of BLM have proposed nothing. Mckesson was invited by President Obama to talk to the heads of police unions at the white house. He yelled a lot about injustice, but by all accounts brought nothing but an sjw tantrum.

And yeah, Malcolm X kept his people in line with the promise they would get to kill white people, and MLK wanted equality under the law, not a totalitarian social justice, policed thought state.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#156 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

I'm all for the main message of BLM - that there is an injustice in the system and that is a problem. I think it's far more complex than the simple case so many people state, but it certainly does neede to be addressed. I'm all for peaceful and orderly protests as well. The main problem I have with many protesters, not just BLM, is that they often feel their message/cause is the most important thing in the world and everyone and everything else should take a backseat to it.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#157  Edited By Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19493 Posts

@hillelslovak said:

Shaun King, Deray Mckesson, and the rest of the de facto leadership of BLM have proposed nothing. Mckesson was invited by President Obama to talk to the heads of police unions at the white house. He yelled a lot about injustice, but by all accounts brought nothing but an sjw tantrum.

And yeah, Malcolm X kept his people in line with the promise they would get to kill white people, and MLK wanted equality under the law, not a totalitarian social justice, policed thought state.

BLM want equality under the law, just like what MLK wanted. There's still a great deal of racial inequality in the criminal justice system, which punishes black people severely for minor crimes while letting off white criminals with a slap on the wrist for major crimes. There's a deep flaw within the US criminal justice system that needs to be addressed, and that's why BLM exists.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 82

#158 deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
Member since 2005 • 12935 Posts

@Jag85 said:
@hillelslovak said:

BLM want equality under the law, just like what MLK wanted. There's still a great deal of racial inequality in the criminal justice system, which punishes black people severely for minor crimes while letting off white criminals with a slap on the wrist for major crimes. There's a deep flaw within the US criminal justice system that needs to be addressed, and that's why BLM exists.

And how is yelling at cops, and nothing more, helping that?

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#160 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

@Jag85 said:
@hillelslovak said:

I think that is a major oversimplification. There are plenty of white people that get pounded with heavy sentences as well. There certainly exists an inequality in the system as I do believe that certain crimes are punished far more than they should be - and those crimes tend to be more prominent in some minority communities. The war on drugs for example, but there is a bipartisan effort to cut that down started by Corey Booker and Rand Paul.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161  Edited By LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178831 Posts

@sonicare said:
@Jag85 said:

I think that is a major oversimplification. There are plenty of white people that get pounded with heavy sentences as well. There certainly exists an inequality in the system as I do believe that certain crimes are punished far more than they should be - and those crimes tend to be more prominent in some minority communities. The war on drugs for example, but there is a bipartisan effort to cut that down started by Corey Booker and Rand Paul.

I think drugs use should entail rehab facilities and counseling. Not jail. Drug dealers...yeah they can end up in jail but addicts need help.

The inequality exists in the caliber of attorneys. Public defenders just aren't as good.....for the most....as private attorneys can be. But that has to do with wealth verse non wealth and not race.