-ParaNormaN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 -ParaNormaN-
Member since 2013 • 1573 Posts

Now that all the BS from last week has died down a bit, what do you guys think of the BLM protests? Would you handle them any different? I actually think that protesting in front of police stations and in front of City Hall would be a lot better than protesting at some highway where people who are trying to live their every day life have to get stopped for hours. Setting off fireworks and partying on the street isn't a protest. That actually sounds more like a riot. Anyway, I know that there are BLM protesters who don't condone the bullshit violence that others do when cops get shot. I know just like every group, nation, country that there are good and bad people. I honestly would protest in front of police stations and City Hall every single day if I had to protest. Go somewhere where your protest would matter. Opinions?

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2 N64DD
Member since 2015 • 13167 Posts

I think they're dumb. They don't give a shit about whats going on Africa(genocide) or the inner city violence which dwarves these few incidences. Most of the people in the protests are just angry and don't even know why.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#3 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

This man is awake.

Loading Video...

-ParaNormaN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By -ParaNormaN-

@n64dd said:

I think they're dumb. They don't give a shit about whats going on Africa(genocide) or the inner city violence which dwarves these few incidences. Most of the people in the protests are just angry and don't even know why.

It's because of "**** the police" culture (Hip hop culture?) and because of racial matters. A lot of Black people won't let go of things that went down in the 1800's even though they never lived through it. They also believe that the world is out to get them and hold them down. In reality, Black people have every chance to become successful and do great, GREAT things just like any other human being. Others aren't even angry. They just see a bunch of people and hop on board and act like its some giant rave.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#5 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69456 Posts

This thread is fail attempt for a "discussion". You have an agenda, so you might as well spit it rather than pretending to come from an unbias point of view.

-ParaNormaN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 -ParaNormaN-

@Gaming-Planet: Thanks for sharing that!

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

@-paranorman-: Nailed it.

-ParaNormaN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 -ParaNormaN-

@Pedro said:

This thread is fail attempt for a "discussion". You have an agenda, so you might as well spit it rather than pretending to come from an unbias point of view.

My agenda is to see how many people have better solutions at protest than raving on a highway.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By iandizion713
Member since 2005 • 16025 Posts

I would do a march on city hall every week. I would pick a new route to march each time if i could, like use a different street, or come from a different direction. It would only take a few hours to march.

If dont have enough people to do a march, then movement aint ready.

-ParaNormaN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 -ParaNormaN-

@iandizion713 said:

I would do a march on city hall every week. I would pick a new route to march each time if i could, like use a different street, or come from a different direction. It would only take a few hours to march.

If dont have enough people to do a march, then movement aint ready.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/baltimore-city/bs-md-ci-300-men-march-20151114-story.html

Check this out. This group has a better mindset than BLM.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 iandizion713
Member since 2005 • 16025 Posts

@-paranorman-: Yeah, thats all you need. Those things are powerful. To see the community move together and deliver a message is a strong lasting impression. The voters will take notice and people usually make swift changes.

AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#12 AFBrat77
Member since 2004 • 26848 Posts

@Gaming-Planet:

Yes, this guy gets it.

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

You know what would be funny? If we tried to reduce a category that comprises .0003% of murders and got an average nationwide homicide spike of 17%.

What a comedy.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Pedro

@-paranorman- said:

My agenda is to see how many people have better solutions at protest than raving on a highway.

Really, it seems like you have already made up your mind on the situation.

The best solution is rather obvious. People who don't understand should try listening and empathizing. Protest would not exist if people felt that their voice were being heard and that their voice mattered. When people feel that they cannot be heard and no one wants to listen then the only option is protesting.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

@Pedro said:
@-paranorman- said:

Really, it seems like you have already made up your mind on the situation.

The best solution is rather obvious. People who don't understand should try listening and empathizing. Protest would not exist if people felt that their voice were being heard and that their voice mattered. When people feel that they cannot be heard and no one wants to listen then the only option is protesting.

Perhaps people think there is a bigger picture they should be addressing?

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Pedro

@LJS9502_basic said:

There is always a bigger picture. Do we ignore smaller problems because their are bigger problems? People are less willing to deal with the smaller problems and even more unwilling to deal with the bigger problem/bigger picture.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44161 Posts

Honestly I don't know because I would have to be in that whole situation to fully understand it. I do however recognize that there is a serious problem that needs to be addressed and that both sides need to listen and appreciate each other. I do understand the reasons for the protests.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By LJS9502_basic

@Pedro said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

There is always a bigger picture. Do we ignore smaller problems because their are bigger problems? People are less willing to deal with the smaller problems and even more unwilling to deal with the bigger problem/bigger picture.

It seems to me the smaller problems are exaggerated to ignore the bigger picture. For instance.....most murders against the black race in the US are done by that race. Yet there is no movement nor outcry to stop this from happening. Many father's are not involved in their children's lives perpetuating the poverty. These are big problems.

I'm not going to pretend to know what it's like to be a minority race.....I realize some asshats exist that are racist. But not everything happens due to racism and maybe if you step outside your perception of race and take a look at the culture you will see where some problems need to be addressed that would help....there are success stories in the minority races. But you have to work to be one.

Mercenary848

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Mercenary848
Member since 2007 • 12139 Posts

@iandizion713: Pretty much lol, gotta keep the system on its toes. That is the American Way!

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

It made sense in the beginning, to go after certain real problems.. But it has gone off into the deep end of SJW victimization, and has turned into a far more racist group than the supposed racism they were trying to stop.. Civil rights movement people from the 60s are rolling in their graves right now..

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Pedro

@LJS9502_basic said:

It seems to me the smaller problems are exaggerated to ignore the bigger picture. For instance.....most murders against the black race in the US are done by that race. Yet there is no movement nor outcry to stop this from happening. Many father's are not involved in their children's lives perpetuating the poverty. These are big problems.

I'm not going to pretend to know what it's like to be a minority race.....I realize some asshats exist that are racist. But not everything happens due to racism and maybe if you step outside your perception of race and take a look at the culture you will see where some problems need to be addressed that would help....there are success stories in the minority races. But you have to work to be one.

I can agree that the smaller issues are blown out of scope but that does not mean it should be ignored. The approach that their are bigger problems so lets not pay attention to the smaller is another problem in itself. We have society that can address big and small problems. The bigger problems are even more of a challenge because no-one wants to address it because it very very dirty and costly. The issues with fatherless families, poverty and black on black homocides has strong links to institutionalized prejudice that people do not want to address simply because it makes them uncomfortable.

Yes. Its true, that not everything is due to racism but it a plays a significant role. But your strategy of "its not the reason for everything so lets move on" is not a viable approached. Race and culture are heavily integrated. We have many problems due to people associating someone's race with culture and its the core of so many stereotypes and mass misinformation. If you are black, a cultural association is made to your race. The same occurs for many other races except that black people have a boatload of negative cultural association appended to them.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 deactivated-59d151f079814

@Pedro said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

I can agree that the smaller issues are blown out of scope but that does not mean it should be ignored. The approach that their are bigger problems so lets not pay attention to the smaller is another problem in itself. We have society that can address big and small problems. The bigger problems are even more of a challenge because no-one wants to address it because it very very dirty and costly. The issues with fatherless families, poverty and black on black homocides has strong links to institutionalized prejudice that people do not want to address simply because it makes them uncomfortable.

Yes. Its true, that not everything is due to racism but it a plays a significant role. But your strategy of "its not the reason for everything so lets move on" is not a viable approached. Race and culture are heavily integrated. We have many problems due to people associating someone's race with culture and its the core of so many stereotypes and mass misinformation. If you are black, a cultural association is made to your race. The same occurs for many other races except that black people have a boatload of negative cultural association appended to them.

Can you please give us a few examples of clearly documented institutionalized racism with citations from reliable sources?

Mercenary848

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Mercenary848

@sSubZerOo said:

It made sense in the beginning, to go after certain real problems.. But it has gone off into the deep end of SJW victimization, and has turned into a far more racist group than the supposed racism they were trying to stop.. Civil rights movement people from the 60s are rolling in their graves right now..

No they aren't lol. Dude come on, and this is coming from someone who doesn't support blm at all. You can say all you want about annoying SJWs, but if you think the system will just fix itself without people pushing for reform then you are naive. The problem is the media only show certain things, that is why you get those silly right wing kids saying bogus crap like "BLM is the new KKK" , dude BLM is nothing more then a hashtag. I agree people are out there taking things in the wrong direction, but that is a gross over simplification to write current events as SJW victimization. For every silly little White feminist or entitled race activist rant about silly crap, there is atleast 5 major incidents being ignored because the media would rather us bicker over silly shit. Cases like Brock Turner, Walter Scot, Eric Garner, Sandra Bland, etc were serious events that needed investigation that would have otherwise been ignored if people were just apathetic.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By LJS9502_basic

@Pedro said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

I don't know. It still feels like you are falling for the narrative. Why can't a man be responsible for his children? That has nothing to do with prejudice. It has to do with HIS character.

My approach is for the black community to stand up and hold each other accountable for things they can control. I don't see race when I see people. I see people. Skin color is just like hair color to me. Different by ultimately the same. As long as we continue to use race as a separation tool we will never solve anything because it only highlights differences.

Nonetheless I would like to see equality. A healthy country with people working is the best thing ever. We do need more jobs and I don't give a rat's ass about the global economy when Americans can't find life sustaining jobs because China doesn't care if they have poverty in the working class.

Negative cultural associations? Yeah sure. But does it help when they don't change them? It's nothing new for any demographic to face that. The difference is over time it can be changed. But to do that you can't wallow in it. Stand up and be proud of who you are. Make it better for your children....who make it better for theirs....etc.

Dude I'm on your side. I want to see black people succeed.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By deactivated-59d151f079814

@Mercenary848 said:
@sSubZerOo said:

No they aren't lol. Dude come on, and this is coming from someone who doesn't support blm at all. You can say all you want about annoying SJWs, but if you think the system will just fix itself without people pushing for reform then you are naive. The problem is the media only show certain things, that is why you get those silly right wing kids saying bogus crap like "BLM is the new KKK" , dude BLM is nothing more then a hashtag. I agree people are out there taking things in the wrong direction, but that is a gross over simplification to write current events as SJW victimization. For every silly little White feminist or entitled race activist rant about silly crap, there is atleast 5 major incidents being ignored because the media would rather us bicker over silly shit. Cases like Brock Turner, Walter Scot, Eric Garner, Sandra Bland, etc were serious events that needed investigation that would have otherwise been ignored if people were just apathetic.

Oh yes.. The Baltimore riots.. An incident caused in which 3 of the 6 cops were black.. Black mayor, predominately black city council, black DA, black attorney general overlooking of it.. Was cried out as racism towards black people.... And are we talking about the same BLM movement in which we have seen protest chants about "frying pigs".. And you make it sound like these are the only questionable cases that occurred? And that these are specifically a black only problem with unjustifiable homicides by police.. The problem with the BLM movement is it is entirely a exclusive movement that plays victim and focuses on a very narrow specific group of cases and problems that fit their narrative.. Oh you forgot Pierre Lowry! Another case the BLM movement propped up as a victim.. Who cares if he was a known dangerous gang member with the fucking gang symbol tattooed across his throat..

Who cares if they focus on the incredibly small figure of police homicides, while completely ignoring the gigantic problem of black on black homicides..

Mercenary848

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Mercenary848

@sSubZerOo said:
@Mercenary848 said:
@sSubZerOo said:

Oh yes.. The Baltimore riots.. An incident caused in which 3 of the 6 cops were black.. Black mayor, predominately black city council, black DA, black attorney general overlooking of it.. Was cried out as racism towards black people.... And are we talking about the same BLM movement in which we have seen protest chants about "frying pigs".. And you make it sound like these are the only questionable cases that occurred? And that these are specifically a black only problem with unjustifiable homicides by police.. The problem with the BLM movement is it is entirely a exclusive movement that plays victim and focuses on a very narrow specific group of cases and problems that fit their narrative.. Oh you forgot Pierre Lowry! Another case the BLM movement propped up as a victim.. Who cares if he was a known dangerous gang member with the fucking gang symbol tattooed across his throat..

So if you have a criminal record the cops should be able to do whatever they want?

I agree the riots are too much, but that is an AMerican thing(Sports team riots) and usually are carried out by gangs. Dude I hate having these conversations because I could fill a book with my different opinions, but what I am trying to say is we are in a situation where the media has played us all. It does not mater the skin color of the people involved, and you feeling like it is neccessary to say "so and so is black" only furthers this faulty notion that all these incidents were race related. On the frying pigs thing, I will just say welcome to America. Our whole country vilifies the police, they are portrayed in tv/movie/games as corrupt nd incompetent, so you can't just say that is a mindset exclusive to black people.

Dude all I will say is, we agree on this mmore then you think but you are looking at things way more racially then necessary. It is not your fault, the media wants you to think that cops and black people are raging some war against each other. When in fact it is the justice system that has been scapegoating the police for years.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Pedro

@LJS9502_basic said:

I don't know. It still feels like you are falling for the narrative. Why can't a man be responsible for his children? That has nothing to do with prejudice. It has to do with HIS character.

My approach is for the black community to stand up and hold each other accountable for things they can control. I don't see race when I see people. I see people. Skin color is just like hair color to me. Different by ultimately the same. As long as we continue to use race as a separation tool we will never solve anything because it only highlights differences.

Nonetheless I would like to see equality. A healthy country with people working is the best thing ever. We do need more jobs and I don't give a rat's ass about the global economy when Americans can't find life sustaining jobs because China doesn't care if they have poverty in the working class.

Negative cultural associations? Yeah sure. But does it help when they don't change them? It's nothing new for any demographic to face that. The difference is over time it can be changed. But to do that you can't wallow in it. Stand up and be proud of who you are. Make it better for your children....who make it better for theirs....etc.

One of the remnants of slavery was fatherless families. A fatherless family is easier to control and aids in the reduction of revolts. This culture that was part of the societal structure of the past rolled over to modern day society. That is one element. The other is a system that has unfairly incarcerated black males. If the society is arresting black males and there is a very high chance of being arrested as a black male then you are going to have fatherless homes. A man cannot take care of his family if he is in jail or prison. Why he is in jail or prison? Numerous reasons, the most painful ones are the traffic offenses that can take anyone that is poor down a rollercoaster of unfortunate events. If you live in one of these heavily police controlled areas there is a high chance you are going to be arrested for something whether its legit or not. Do you have a cop car regularly patrolling your neighborhood? Most likely not. Independent of this and among other issues that facilitate this problem you simply have fathers who simply don't give a damn. They are also part of the equation just like every other race.

Come on buddy. You can see race just like everyone else. You can attach your prejudice just like anyone else. This is what humans do. Pretending like its not there does not make it nonexistent. The importance is treating individuals as individuals independent of your personal prejudice.

With regards to jobs, I can agree with you on that. However, the problem with the jobs is that Americans want cheap but American labor is not. So, we as a country has to be willing to at least for a time bear the burden of pricier goods to facilitate American jobs.

When you don't change them? Do you speak on behalf of everyone that looks like you? When a white person commits a crime, is it a reflection of all white people? Why is it that the behavior of a select few from minorities a representation of all, especially when its negative? I don't see this blanket approach when it comes to white people. This is real issue with the media and society. Now, I am with you when it comes to groups that claim they are a representative of a larger group. If any entity is claiming to be a representative of a larger group they are the ones to be called out and held accountable but the actions of individuals are just that.

I want to see black people to succeed but taking the outside look only is not the best strategy. There is a lot for me to still understand from the inside and it would be something that I would be working to attain. People's voices need to feel that they are of worth regardless of race. If we are ignoring the voices we are essentially ignoring the problem. We cannot take the approach of "I know whats best" without and understanding of the people that are requesting assistance/justice.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By deactivated-59d151f079814

@Mercenary848 said:
@sSubZerOo said:
@Mercenary848 said:
@sSubZerOo said:

So if you have a criminal record the cops should be able to do whatever they want?

I agree the riots are too much, but that is an AMerican thing(Sports team riots) and usually are carried out by gangs. Dude I hate having these conversations because I could fill a book with my different opinions, but what I am trying to say is we are in a situation where the media has played us all. It does not mater the skin color of the people involved, and you feeling like it is neccessary to say "so and so is black" only furthers this faulty notion that all these incidents were race related. On the frying pigs thing, I will just say welcome to America. Our whole country vilifies the police, they are portrayed in tv/movie/games as corrupt nd incompetent, so you can't just say that is a mindset exclusive to black people.

Dude all I will say is, we agree on this mmore then you think but you are looking at things way more racially then necessary. It is not your fault, the media wants you to think that cops and black people are raging some war against each other. When in fact it is the justice system that has been scapegoating the police for years.

Lowry was armed and his vehicle was identified from a drive by shooting that happened earlier that night..

We do not need to look at the media for this.. We can look at statistics from places like FBI in which we can look at the fact that more whites are killed by the hands of police than blacks.. Which makes perfect sense seeing as whites make up 60% of the population.. But what starts getting hazy is inconvenient statistics like the black community committing over half the nation's yearly violent crimes yet making up less than 20% of the population.. Or other statistics like the number 1 cause of death for black males in the US from ages 1 through 34 is homicide by other black men.. Meaning that police officers are dealing with a demographic that is far smaller yet commits statistically more violent crimes than any one else...

And this is the Baltimore incident in a nut shell.. The city is predominately black, half the cops were black in the incident.. Black Mayor.. Black DA.. Etc etc.. This turned into some how clear evidence of the system being racist towards black, thus leading to the riots..

And the only reason why I am looking at this racially is because of groups like the BLM.. Whose "top members" like from Toronto tweeted about Allah giving her strength to not kill these white people/men.. Who hold up Gay pride parades as guest of honor to enforce their victim complex in pushing forward their tyrannical agendas.. If we are going to indeed talk about racism and the problems, we might as well start looking at both sides.. Because as it stands, lately we have been seeing far more racist things said out of BLM members than anything coming close from any one that isn't a loon.. The problem is the KKK gets no support because what they say is indeed vile and racist.. Yet we are seeing the shit coming out of many of these people's mouths, of killing white police, other such things as acceptable..

The vigil for the Orlando shooting had a bitch take it over and the first words that came out of her mouth was "I am not too comfortable with all these white people in the crowd".. This shit is not said in the other side because it is rightfully deemed racist and people are ostracized for it.. I would just like to see the double standard to end..

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Pedro

@davillain- said:

I'm getting freaking sick and tired of Blacks playing the victim and what has the Blacks done lately? Simple, they hate each other and this whole BLM is full of BS as it is.

Good job being the problem.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#31 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

@Pedro said:
@davillain- said:

I'm getting freaking sick and tired of Blacks playing the victim and what has the Blacks done lately? Simple, they hate each other and this whole BLM is full of BS as it is.

No, you're the problem. Telling them that they are the victims and not responsible for themselves, and that it is alright is actually hurting them more than helping.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 deactivated-59d151f079814

@Bigboi500 said:
@Pedro said:
@davillain- said:

No, you're the problem. Telling them that they are the victims and not responsible for themselves, and that it is alright is actually hurting them more than helping.

... That racist system really isn't doing a very good job.. Black President, black generals, black supreme court judges.. Black cops.. Black cops involved in incidents that was deemed racist towards blacks.. If anything the injustice is socioeconomic standing, instead of the color of your skin..

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By LJS9502_basic

@Pedro said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

One of the remnants of slavery was fatherless families. A fatherless family is easier to control and aids in the reduction of revolts. This culture that was part of the societal structure of the past rolled over to modern day society. That is one element. The other is a system that has unfairly incarcerated black males. If the society is arresting black males and there is a very high chance of being arrested as a black male then you are going to have fatherless homes. A man cannot take care of his family if he is in jail or prison. Why he is in jail or prison? Numerous reasons, the most painful ones are the traffic offenses that can take anyone that is poor down a rollercoaster of unfortunate events. If you live in one of these heavily police controlled areas there is a high chance you are going to be arrested for something whether its legit or not. Do you have a cop car regularly patrolling your neighborhood? Most likely not. Independent of this and among other issues that facilitate this problem you simply have fathers who simply don't give a damn. They are also part of the equation just like every other race.

Come on buddy. You can see race just like everyone else. You can attach your prejudice just like anyone else. This is what humans do. Pretending like its not there does not make it nonexistent. The importance is treating individuals as individuals independent of your personal prejudice.

With regards to jobs, I can agree with you on that. However, the problem with the jobs is that Americans want cheap but American labor is not. So, we as a country has to be willing to at least for a time bear the burden of pricier goods to facilitate American jobs.

When you don't change them? Do you speak on behalf of everyone that looks like you? When a white person commits a crime, is it a reflection of all white people? Why is it that the behavior of a select few from minorities a representation of all, especially when its negative? I don't see this blanket approach when it comes to white people. This is real issue with the media and society. Now, I am with you when it comes to groups that claim they are a representative of a larger group. If any entity is claiming to be a representative of a larger group they are the ones to be called out and held accountable but the actions of individuals are just that.

I want to see black people to succeed but taking the outside look only is not the best strategy. There is a lot for me to still understand from the inside and it would be something that I would be working to attain. People's voices need to feel that they are of worth regardless of race. If we are ignoring the voices we are essentially ignoring the problem. We cannot take the approach of "I know whats best" without and understanding of the people that are requesting assistance/justice.

Dude slavery ended a long time ago. Come on. If you want to sit and complain about slavery then you are part of the problem. Dwelling on the past doesn't help anyone. When fathers are around in children's lives....the children do better. Why are you making excuses for absentee fathers? And I'm not limiting that to one race. Unfairly incarcerated? Are you saying they are all innocent? Because I don't buy that. I can buy some. No system is perfect. With DNA though that should happen less and less which is a good thing. Yes we have police patrolling our neighborhood. Even suburbs have police patrolling though mostly looking for traffic citations to make money. I live in a city.

I find that those who see race are the racists. I see people. There are good and bad in every group you can fathom. I judge by character. I don't care what color eyes, hair, skin etc you have. I'm looking at the inner person.

Yes that was why removing tariffs hurt the country. You should level the playing field. Also allowing outsourcing should cost business some money. I hate the bottom line. If you're profitable that's a good thing....you don't need more. And if you're not.....get out of the business.

You was not specific to you but the general you. Blame the English language for not accommodating the group consensus. Sure there are things in white culture that should be changed. I'm not saying everyone minority is the same.....I'm saying they have the advantage I don't over getting their demographic to listen. Look I tried telling you some problems and you got defensive. You're not going to listen to me.

I'm not ignoring any problem but BLM isn't addressing the important aspects of the culture. And as long as it isn't....nothing is going to change. We'll still be having these conversations 10 years from now.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#34  Edited By MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

@-paranorman- said:
@n64dd said:

It's because of "**** the police" culture (Hip hop culture?) and because of racial matters. A lot of Black people won't let go of things that went down in the 1800's even though they never lived through it. They also believe that the world is out to get them and hold them down. In reality, Black people have every chance to become successful and do great, GREAT things just like any other human being. Others aren't even angry. They just see a bunch of people and hop on board and act like its some giant rave.

You obviously don't know a lot of black people personally or you wouldn't make such an ignorant broad statement. ''YES'' there's no denying that there are people in the community that feel that way, but they don't speak for the whole. I do think it is stupid for them to think that the world is out to get them, but hey, they are no different then the percentage of Americans who got islamophobia and want a wall built to keep out Mexicans....Americans are just paranoid in general.

Yes, black people have had many chances to be successful and many have, so what was the point of that unnecessary statement. I'm not just talking entertainers and athletes, I'm talking about everyday people who are educated, have career jobs, run their own business and just work hard in general.

I know it's probably hard for you to visualize that because you perception is based off mainstream media and having little to no actual contact with black people. I obviously know it's not just African Americans, the media loves to sensationalize the negatives of any group. Just imagine how we Americans look from people who live outside the country, not just with this current crisis, but in general, especially with the 2016 campaign. Now as far as BLM, I do NOT support them and I know I speak for a lot of people in the community.

There are internal issues that the black community has to deal first in order for some of the problem to be resolved. But the Police Department has to do their part as well, they have to do a better job with recruitment and training of their officers.

Me personally though, I live in a working class neighborhood, so I rarely see the cops. The only time I see them is when I travel and when I do have to interact with them, I haven't had any issues.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 N64DD

@MarcRecon said:
@-paranorman- said:
@n64dd said:

I think they're dumb. They don't give a shit about whats going on Africa(genocide) or the inner city violence which dwarves these few incidences. Most of the people in the protests are just angry and don't even know why.z. ''YES'' there's no denying that there are people in the community that feel that way, but they don't speak for the whole. I do think it is stupid for them to think that the world is out to get them, but hey, they are no different then the percentage of Americans who got islamophobia and want a wall built to keep out Mexicans.

Yes, black people have had many chances to be successful and many have, so what was the point of that unnecessary statement. I'm not just talking entertainers and athletes, I'm talking about everyday people who are educated, have career jobs, run their own business and just work hard in general.

I know it's probably hard for you to visualize that because you perception is based off mainstream media and having little to no actual contact with black people. I obviously know it's not just African Americans, the media loves to sensationalize the negatives of any group. Just imagine how we Americans look from people who live outside the country, not just with this current crisis, but in general, especially with the 2016 campaign. Now as far as BLM, I do NOT support them and I know I speak for a lot of people in the community.

There are internal issues that the black community has to deal first in order for some of the problem to be resolved. But the Police Department has to do their part as well, they have to do a better job with recruitment and training of their officers.

Me personally though, I live in a working class neighborhood, so I rarely see the cops. The only time I see them is when I travel and when I do have to interact with them, I haven't had any issues.

I have a ton of black friends and they actually agree with what he said. There goes your whole argument.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Pedro

@LJS9502_basic said:

Dude slavery ended a long time ago. Come on. If you want to sit and complain about slavery then you are part of the problem. Dwelling on the past doesn't help anyone. When fathers are around in children's lives....the children do better. Why are you making excuses for absentee fathers? And I'm not limiting that to one race. Unfairly incarcerated? Are you saying they are all innocent? Because I don't buy that. I can buy some. No system is perfect. With DNA though that should happen less and less which is a good thing. Yes we have police patrolling our neighborhood. Even suburbs have police patrolling though mostly looking for traffic citations to make money. I live in a city.

I find that those who see race are the racists. I see people. There are good and bad in every group you can fathom. I judge by character. I don't care what color eyes, hair, skin etc you have. I'm looking at the inner person.

Yes that was why removing tariffs hurt the country. You should level the playing field. Also allowing outsourcing should cost business some money. I hate the bottom line. If you're profitable that's a good thing....you don't need more. And if you're not.....get out of the business.

You was not specific to you but the general you. Blame the English language for not accommodating the group consensus. Sure there are things in white culture that should be changed. I'm not saying everyone minority is the same.....I'm saying they have the advantage I don't over getting their demographic to listen. Look I tried telling you some problems and you got defensive. You're not going to listen to me.

I'm not ignoring any problem but BLM isn't addressing the important aspects of the culture. And as long as it isn't....nothing is going to change. We'll still be having these conversations 10 years from now.

This is not an issue of dwelling in the past. The past still resonates now. I was simply explaining to you the origin of some cultural norms that still exist today in the same way racism still exist today. Secondly I did not imply or stated that all are unfairly incarcerated. That is a stance you decided to take but it was not implied or stated in my response. You decided to take the extreme when it was not necessary.

But you can see race. We all can. You are trying to ignore a reality that people see race. Identifying someone's race does not make them a racist. If I ask you to identify a black man are you racist? No.

I believed my response indicated that I am aware that you weren't addressing me. Your statement would not make any sense if you were addressing me. I was addressing your perspective which is that you are taking a blanket approach with your statement and I was demonstrating how that approach is one sided and has caused problems.

Your last statement is taking the stance that the issue that BLM is addressing is not important because their are other issues in the black community. This approach can be used to negate every complaint and issue. Its intentional dismissal and a reluctance to address any problem.

If we as a society brush of every issue with "There is more important things to worry about" but the more important things are never addressed then nothing is resolved. This is the approach that has become common place and it would continue to net nothing.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Bigboi500

@n64dd said:
@MarcRecon said:
@-paranorman- said:
@n64dd said:

I think they're dumb. They don't give a shit about whats going on Africa(genocide) or the inner city violence which dwarves these few incidences. Most of the people in the protests are just angry and don't even know why.z. ''YES'' there's no denying that there are people in the community that feel that way, but they don't speak for the whole. I do think it is stupid for them to think that the world is out to get them, but hey, they are no different then the percentage of Americans who got islamophobia and want a wall built to keep out Mexicans.

I have a ton of black friends and they actually agree with what he said. There goes your whole argument.

Agreed. Ever seen The Boondocks, anyone?

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 N64DD

@Bigboi500 said:
@n64dd said:
@MarcRecon said:
@-paranorman- said:
@n64dd said:

Agreed. Ever seen The Boondocks, anyone?

Martin Luther King speech?

Mercenary848

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Mercenary848

This is the problem with race threads, they just devolve into attacks and perspective bashing. No one wants to learn or find resolution and everyone wants to repeat the same tired old attacks.

They usually come in waves around this time every other year. By next month when the same trolls who make these threads leave, everyone will go back to not caring. These discussions hold no weight, and as always the situations in real life resolve themselves neatly once the wind bags lose steam.

Until then...........

Keep being played guys, you all are right where they want you.

Mercenary848

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Mercenary848

@n64dd: The old I have friends in this group argument lol. This discussion is dead, it's devolved into a stupid contest.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 MarcRecon

@n64dd:

Just because you supposedly have BLACK friends, how does that counter or make valid what you said? lol

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Pedro

@MarcRecon said:

@n64dd:

Just because you supposedly have BLACK friends, how does that counter or make valid what you said? lol

I don't know why people believe that having X friends makes them in tune with that particular group experience.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 MarcRecon

@Pedro said:
@MarcRecon said:

@n64dd:

I don't know why people believe that having X friends makes them in tune with that particular group experience.

lol, I know and I knew he was going to say that! Somehow, that was supposes to justify what he said!

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Bigboi500

@MarcRecon said:
@Pedro said:
@MarcRecon said:

@n64dd:

lol, I know and I knew he was going to say that! Somehow, that was supposes to justify what he said!

In his defense, you guys act like he's a racist for sharing his views. Then he feels the need to mention having black friends. I've done it as well because so many sensitive types get offended by simple views and go off attacking those who have different ones.

Believe it or not, some of us do have black friends. shocker

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 N64DD

You guys said we don't know black people. We stated we do. You're horrible at debating.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 MarcRecon

@Bigboi500 said:
@MarcRecon said:
@Pedro said:
@MarcRecon said:

@n64dd:

In his defense, you guys act like he's a racist for sharing his views. Then he feels the need to mention having black friends. I've done it as well because so many sensitive types get offended by simple views and go off attacking those who have different ones.

I don't think he's a racist, I look at him more like a person who is either misinformed or has a limited perspective. I'd actually like to be friends, but I aint feeling his Nintendo Mascot! lol...Jk

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 N64DD

@MarcRecon said:
@Bigboi500 said:
@MarcRecon said:
@Pedro said:
@MarcRecon said:

@n64dd:

I don't think he's a racist, I look at him more like a person who is either misinformed or has a limited perspective. I'd actually like to be friends, but I aint feeling his Nintendo Mascot! lol...Jk

You said something that was baseless and ignorant. I corrected you.

Mercenary848

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Mercenary848

Guys I am a Black Conservative(more libertarian) with moderate social progressive beliefs living in a major city in the south. I HAVE NO FRIENDS!!!!!

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Bigboi500

@MarcRecon said:
@Bigboi500 said:
@MarcRecon said:
@Pedro said:
@MarcRecon said:

@n64dd:

Who are you to even make such a call? Maybe it's you who is misinformed or has limited perspective. Just something to consider.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 N64DD

@Mercenary848 said:

Guys I am a Black Conservative(more libertarian) with moderate social progressive beliefs living in a major city in the south. I HAVE NO FRIENDS!!!!!

You aren't looking hard enough.