Black berry founder looking to buy company.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by The4thVIII (372 posts) -

http://www.artesianews.com/2013/10/10/ap-news/business-ap-news/blackberry-founders-looking-at-buying-company/

I mean the company is in such bad shape now. I wonder how the Z30 will do. Going from a $83 billion dollar company to a $4.2 billion dollar one in 5 years or so is pretty damn bad.

I don't think this will benefit anyone. I think they need to make a restructuring, combine with another company, or just say goodbye. The Z10 was a decent entry, the Q10 was basically the, showing they are still stuck in the past.

#2 Posted by lonewolf604 (8532 posts) -

Stuck in the past? There were a ton of people yearning for a physical keyboard.....Unfortunately they released it too late....with software no one really cares about.

#3 Edited by WSGRandomPerson (13693 posts) -

Oh well... He'll be okay.

#4 Posted by The4thVIII (372 posts) -

@lonewolf604 said:

Stuck in the past? There were a ton of people yearning for a physical keyboard.....Unfortunately they released it too late....with software no one really cares about.

I like how you consider stuck in the past as only ONE feature. Where did I say it was due to the keyboard?

#5 Edited by lonewolf604 (8532 posts) -

@The4thVIII said:

@lonewolf604 said:

I like how you consider stuck in the past as only ONE feature. Where did I say it was due to the keyboard?

Well, besides a keyboard and BB10 being in infancy...what else can I mention?...

#6 Posted by violian (1431 posts) -

Surprised they're going on to release the Z30. I've yet to this day, to see anyone using the Z10 (or Z20....whatever it is) which is quite shocking considering that everywhere I go, everyone always seem to be using a smartphone in some way or fashion. I would've expected to atleast seen it once by now.

#7 Posted by Shottayouth13- (6840 posts) -

@violian said:

Surprised they're going on to release the Z30. I've yet to this day, to see anyone using the Z10 (or Z20....whatever it is) which is quite shocking considering that everywhere I go, everyone always seem to be using a smartphone in some way or fashion. I would've expected to atleast seen it once by now.

Yeah, come to think of it, I've never seen one either. I see the older model BBs, but never a Z10 or Q10.