B-grade Chuck Taylor?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by goth_bacon (1110 posts) -
I was at an outlet mall and I decided to check out the Converse store they had there. There was a sale going on and they were selling Chuck Taylors for only $15. The sign above the shoerack said "B-GRADE" so I asked one of the employees what that meant. Apparently they didn't meet quality standards or had a defect in them so they had to be gotten rid of, but at a lower price. I bought them anyways since they were so cheap, but does anyone know what might be wrong with them? I've been wearing them for a little bit and I don't really see any defects. Anyone here come across B-grade Converses?
#2 Posted by Hey_Jay (7221 posts) -
B-grade means they were made by sweat shops of white kids.
#3 Posted by 3eyedrazorback (16378 posts) -
I love me some Chucks.
#4 Posted by goth_bacon (1110 posts) -
Hey does anyone think that the shape of the Chuck Taylors look pretty weird when you are standing on your feet and you look down at the shoes?
#5 Posted by Xeros606 (11126 posts) -

Hey does anyone think that the shape of the Chuck Taylors look pretty weird when you are standing on your feet and you look down at the shoes?goth_bacon

no, but i think it looks kinda weird when you look at it from its side. they look kinda like clown boots, but i still wear em.

#6 Posted by esbastica (1665 posts) -
don't like them,they're over used
#7 Posted by goth_bacon (1110 posts) -

Are they supposed to be shaped like this

#8 Posted by R0cky_Racc00n (5088 posts) -
^Is that the pair you bought? I hope you didn't buy them dirty like that and then ask the question. And no, they don't look shaped funny.
#9 Posted by goth_bacon (1110 posts) -
Nah, I didn't buy them that dirty of course. That was after I played soccer in a semi muddy field.
#10 Posted by Cjiao (1 posts) -
Yeah converse do look really weird when you stand and look down at them. I've found B grade converse before and usually the defect is stitching or something small like that.
#11 Posted by dreDREb13 (11438 posts) -
Oh, Chucks. They are such awesome shoes, but so, so uncomfortable and bad for your feet. They're also a huge pain to take on and off (in my opinion, at least), not to mention that they're way overpriced for what little they do for your feet. A little bit of fabric and flat soles without arch support for $50? Sign me up! Still fashionably awesome, though.
#12 Posted by judog1 (24646 posts) -

I wouldn't risk it...Converse are already bad for your feet...I do like wearing them though...the doctors tell me not to...

Edit - Just noticed this was a bumped thread, I think this bump could have been a new thread entirely.

#13 Posted by t3hrubikscube (20416 posts) -
[QUOTE="Cjiao"]Yeah converse do look really weird when you stand and look down at them. I've found B grade converse before and usually the defect is stitching or something small like that.

Out of ALL of the old threads to bump....WHY THIS ONE?!
#14 Posted by dreDREb13 (11438 posts) -
[QUOTE="t3hrubikscube"][QUOTE="Cjiao"]Yeah converse do look really weird when you stand and look down at them. I've found B grade converse before and usually the defect is stitching or something small like that.

Out of ALL of the old threads to bump....WHY THIS ONE?!

DAMNIT! :x I feel a fool when I post in such an old thread!